Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,908 members, 7,802,953 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:08 AM

Gerrarrahere Mhen 3D Animation Video (full Version). - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Gerrarrahere Mhen 3D Animation Video (full Version). (5026 Views)

3d Animation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gerrarrahere Mhen 3D Animation Video (full Version). by reidkrugger(m): 5:06pm On Jun 26, 2016
[url][/url]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlgBEBSpeCE[url][/url] Ok People it's finally here. The Full Version of My last Animation Clip "gerrarrahere mhen" by actor francis Odega himself. This version is rendered out by Liquid Cenema. Another 3D Power house here in Nigeria. Eeeerrr, will be back with more details after the cut.

1 Like

Re: Gerrarrahere Mhen 3D Animation Video (full Version). by reidkrugger(m): 9:48pm On Jul 07, 2016
Ok, so here we are again on same thread n platform talking animations. The last toon short was fun n with alot of ppl mailing to ask "how did u do dat?" n stuff. Yeah n speaking abt mail, mine's been compromised n i'll be deactivating it soon. What a loss, still... It has to b done. So for those of u trying to reach me, u can do dat by sending mail to krugger30@gmail.com n we'll take it from there.
Now here r answers to some FAQs dats beginning to drive me nuts.

I live in lagos

I use 3dsmax

Yes, there is now an introduction to 3d animation course that runs for three months at 60k running about 80% remotely n one on ones when absolutely neccesary. This course is targeted at newbies.

There'll be free vids n materials to work with n i'll b doing dat majorly wi d autodesk tutorial.

Interested persons shld pls read n digest diz infos to mk life less painful for us all. And u can ONLY mail me on krugger30@gmail.com

That's about it n i'll be going back animating next week so, stay tuned.
Re: Gerrarrahere Mhen 3D Animation Video (full Version). by reidkrugger(m): 11:17am On Jul 11, 2016
Hello Guys and welcome to a new week. Alright i'll be animating something new, something 30secs to a minute and will begin this week. Dont know if i should open a new thread or continue with this one but whatever the case may be, you'll know. So stick around as i shop for what to animate aaaaaannnd, it's defintely going to be a dialogue and Nigerian so that my critics if i still have any will understand, it's no fluke what i do plus i'm just getting started. Again, i'll be using the 3dsmax Cat rig because i'm not done with it. It punished me a great deal in the process of learning how to use it, then made me read with teary eyes, download all sorts of videos and running to other forums and mentors for help and in the end, i got to understand that it was made primarily for transfer of animations. Crap! Well another reason is that i want to show other animators that Animating is not always about the Rig. You can have the best rigs and scripts to go with it and your animation, douche.
Re: Gerrarrahere Mhen 3D Animation Video (full Version). by reidkrugger(m): 7:45am On Jul 15, 2016
Friday, today and i'm stil thinking what to animate. I've downloaded different sound files but not really feeling d energy as much as i'ld love to. But shortlisted now are "nkem owoh and chinwetalu agu" and i may use any other actor with intesting work.
Why use these sound files? Well there r alot of reasons but would limit to only one; acting is difficult and not everyone truely has dat gift. Now, trying to artificially make people believe what you are trying to sell them while facing the camera with or without scripts with the right facial expessions, emotions and tones is another thing on its own. Not everyone can do dat quite right.

But in my case for the quest of a sound file, it's not just about d acting, i'm also worried about storyline and delivery, so i may take some more time to see if i can get something competitive with the right amount of casts that would fit my short. Then we'll see how it goes. Be patient.
Re: Gerrarrahere Mhen 3D Animation Video (full Version). by nijabazaar: 12:49pm On Jul 17, 2016
Hi, if u are still lookin for inspirios, can u try this.

Someone lost in his singing reverie only to fall down a flight of stairs. 21 steps in a gotongue
Re: Gerrarrahere Mhen 3D Animation Video (full Version). by reidkrugger(m): 5:19pm On Jul 17, 2016
nijabazaar:
Hi, if u are still lookin for inspirios, can u try this.

Someone lost in his singing reverie only to fall down a flight of stairs. 21 steps in a gotongue

Thanx boss. And that your concept eehhn na die. Would have luvd to use it but i want an already made interesting nollywood clip **with audio**.

***modified***
Re: Gerrarrahere Mhen 3D Animation Video (full Version). by reidkrugger(m): 4:05pm On Jul 25, 2016
Ok, so i finally get a sound file and will begin animating maybe tommorow. Eerrr, i'm going to go easy on myself on dis one so i'm not bothered abt wen i'll finish. But i hope it doesn't go beyond three weeks cuz of other schedules dat i'm commited to.
So, i'll b doing a Pete Edochie VS Alex Usifo for abt 30secs to 1min. Whr they both accuse eachother of been a ritualist and an assassin n maybe hv thr children dating eachother or so.
I picked dis clip cuz thr were just d two of em in d dialogue and it had a lot of drama n vocal power from both men. Clearly, i'll overhaul d scene to keep things simple n will begin wi basic lip sync (how i hate lip sync) n afta dat d xters movemts. I'll b using basic models like b4, keepin d scene as small as possible. But d animations to them... Well, y dnt u just ff my updates on dis one n find out wtsup as i'll b posting WIP's when i mk reasonable progress of d shot. Cant wait to get over this shot make i rest my eyes. They hurt like crap man.
Re: Gerrarrahere Mhen 3D Animation Video (full Version). by reidkrugger(m): 8:57am On Aug 06, 2016
Well, i tot preparing for dis shot was goin to b a walk-through but no, i guess i tot wrong. I had to do slight modifications to d body. No agbadas or other unwarranted polies n my scene as simple as can be. Had issues with the previous rig only to re-rig n skin "after skinning n texturing both xters, thrice". Then studying d clip i found out that the scene n acting didnt match what i had in mind so improvise, i must. After all said n done, i finally began animating. So far so good, especially as i had to re-write the acts to something more cartoony n dramatic. But was a whole lot of trouble becuz our kind of movies and hollywoods' aren't exactly dsame in terms of voice over delivery. Thr's is kinda rythmic while our's is kinda well... gragra-ish. Still, i have to rep Naija any which mofo way possible.
Ok, will be posting screen-shots of d xters doing thr thing soon n "wip videos" maybe later when i'm running my second animation passe.
Re: Gerrarrahere Mhen 3D Animation Video (full Version). by reidkrugger(m): 6:12pm On Aug 08, 2016
Here we are again talking animations. Yippiiiieee. Ok, so it took me a while to get back as promised but i'm here now so let's do dis.

Still on d shot n my approach now is orthodox. And it's like i'm not working, yet wen i play back, yup... i am working. Still on d bodies doing poses n tweenings. I've tried doin somtin entirely difrnt from d last n in dz one, i want it looking more pixar-like wi plenty of drama and appeal(Let's see if my mouth matches my wits). Well, below r some screenshots from d clip. Just d two of em talking eachother to death. It's been a wonderful xperience n i look fwd to rounding dis up soon so dat i can get into smtin new. I estimate dat by nxt week, i shld b done wit d animations to d body n focus on d faces. That's whr d fun is.

1 Like

Re: Gerrarrahere Mhen 3D Animation Video (full Version). by Nobody: 10:26pm On Aug 08, 2016
Boyz are loyal...followin
Re: Gerrarrahere Mhen 3D Animation Video (full Version). by reidkrugger(m): 4:48pm On Aug 12, 2016
kazuna:
Boyz are loyal...followin
I greet u my fellow creative maestro. And now for today's update. I stil de animate o my ppl. Hmmm, no b small tin. I actually was lookin at 900-1500 frames but now i'm on 2000frames. Not bad for 2xters huh? Ok, so i'm yet to complete d short wi usifo almost stil most of d time n wld hv been easier if i'd plied dat route but as mentioned before, i want drama. Pete edochie on d other hand is doing relatively well for an african using his head, legs n hands stil i've managed to slip somethin into him as well.
One thing is for sure, usifo is gonna get mad when he sees dis cuz he's used to been a don on film n rt now he's all cartoony. Anyways, below r recent shots from d current development. Aaaannnddd, i wish i could meet a ginie with 3wishes right now. And it's a good thing liquid cinema is on d project as well.

Re: Gerrarrahere Mhen 3D Animation Video (full Version). by reidkrugger(m): 4:20am On Aug 17, 2016
Hello guys and welcome "once again" to my animation thread. I'll be continuing from where i left off which means i'm still on the Animation short i'm working on but today's gonna be different because i've gat videooooo. Yaaaayyy. Yeah i've gat a WIP of what i'm working on but it's not the full file of what i've done though. Still it's enough for you to see how much can be achieved if you focus and show determination at whatever it is you do. So let's get started.

Firstly i've got two characters slugging it out as explained in one of the posts above. Now animating them, so far i've not done any facial expressions on any of them except lip sync. Usifo was initially leading in terms of quality animation because i was orthodox, free style animating him with him coming out cooler than an Edochie that i solely relied on the "pose to pose" method of animating. I was worried about it at first because compared to the Usifo character, the Edochie wasn't even close to what i'd hoped to achieve even if i started with it but now, the story has completely changed. Right now he's about 80 to 85% complete in terms of tweenings and refining animation passes. While for the Usifooooo, yeah i still have a loooong way to go. I might or not add tongue to it because the work don dey pass me but i'll look for empty spaces definitely to add secondary motions.

And yeah, i had to leave the CAT bones there, to tell it was actually done with the troublesome CAT rig. Will i use it again after now? Well, we'll see. I've been studying, reading, researching and trying to carve out a formula for myself to Animate like the Big Studios, talking about Pixar, Disney, Bluesky, Dreamworks etc. And i might not be drawn to Disney that much because dem wahala too much. There attention to detail as regards cartoons is second to non. Pixar just creates the most realistic cartoon-human animations and are very very solid with it. Dreamwoks are on another level as they constantly try to re-invent the wheel. I might understand every other easily but Dreamworks don't come that cheap. For BlueSky, this guys also are a force to reckon with. When it comes to Animating Animals they are on a different level. I mean they may struggle with the other studios on biped but for quads, dude, forget it. Lastly i'll give a shout out to the "Minion Assemble" Studio. I'm talking Illumination if u still haven't figured it out. That's a wonderful job they did with Gru. Awesome Animation, wonderful acting and characters plus Pixar should watch out for these guys. This whole credit thingy wouldn't be complete if i don't mention "Sony". You need to see hotel Transylvania to understand what it is i'm talking about. Nice, neat and precise no fooling around animations on it and it's sequel. Ok, so all these studios helped me get where i am today and yeah, i look forward to surpassing them one day. #DifficultButNotImpossible.

Ok, that's all i have for you guys, thanks for the patience, words of encouragement, believe and everything that's helped me get here including but not limited to beef. Screw the thick skin, i love the beef... Only if you are worth it. And recently, i don't pay mind to it anymore because nobody my mate to do am with or either i've drastically out-grown it. But i love all u guys still. U d best.

Click here for the clip [url][/url]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oi3cDTW9EKM[url][/url]

Ok, i don tire. I'll see u guys later in the day and as usual i can be reached on chimatic(at)gmail(dot)com. Yep, dem don teach me. NL i hail thee.
Re: Gerrarrahere Mhen 3D Animation Video (full Version). by reidkrugger(m): 2:31pm On Aug 19, 2016
When i hear people talk about doing anything relating to animation with NEPA light, i envy them because i've never, ever, #nevereffingever been that lucky with NEPA or relied on them, so i behave like they do not exist. Until now. Animation is a money spinning art. If you are on 2d, you'll throw plenty of money on paper and stationeries in general. And if you do 3D like me, then asides the laptop, u'll need fueling and plenty of it if you dont like excuses like me too. Yeah, coming from a construction background, i hated and still hate excuses. Instead of that, why not put in some effort by inching up and improving on your yesterday. Sure, you might not be there yet but with the same chisel and hammer, and relentlessness force nothing is impossible.

Anyways, right now as you know, i'm working on a new short and surprisingly, it's NEPA a 100% so far and most likely throughout this project. Right now i'm on tour(lol) and in somewhere around Badagry-Agbara axis and i don tire to work sef. That's why i de type wetin you de read so. I'm done with animations to the Pete Edochie Xter and now working on the Usifo. Eeerrr, i'm thinking tomorrow i'll begin the facial expressions and that's where the real magic begins. That's where the fun is. The icing on the cake. That's the beginning of the end of this project.

Ok, all work and no play makes jack a dull boy, let's begin getting ready for the weekend.

1 Like

Re: Gerrarrahere Mhen 3D Animation Video (full Version). by reidkrugger(m): 10:04am On Aug 26, 2016
Hello guys and welcome to this animation thread. On the recent project i'm working on, i've reached the final stages where i clean up the animations and add subtle movements to the "rigid CAT rigs". Then cross check for animations to the facial expressions and when i'm done, i craete a texture and the remaining processes. It's been a hell of time and a wonderful experience indeed. For me these shot opens the doors to alot of possibilities animation-wise. Because it's full fledged cartoony and whether you like it or not, Cartoony type of Animations is more tedious and challenging to create than the less rubber-hold realistic type which can be likened to the MOCAP. It's not about moving boxes anymore.

Re: Gerrarrahere Mhen 3D Animation Video (full Version). by reidkrugger(m): 12:52pm On Sep 02, 2016
So i am back again wi some stills n maybe spoilers if u like. Below r samples of d scene just to show u how far d xters hv come. Not bad 4 a low poly huh! Well i wld hv gone far wi d short but had some hiccups, chief amongst dem is ur favourite villian nepa but thank GOD Almighty, i'm finally here @ dis junction. Evrytin is almost set for render. And i'll b signing off now mayb to resume on monday fully. But will try uploading an unrendered WIP latest 2moro. I don tire n my as* aches like crap from sitting long hours.
Well view d specimen posted while i get bk afta d cut. TGIF.

Re: Gerrarrahere Mhen 3D Animation Video (full Version). by reidkrugger(m): 8:40pm On Sep 08, 2016
Yep, i know, i promised to drop a wip shot n its long overdue n even till now na english i de talk instead of to drop da thang. Well, reid wrong n reid sorry for dat. I've been a bit busy wi stuffs pros would call "unforseen contigencies" n it truly hurts me bad to disappoint as it isnt in my nature to. Well, i am done wi d short but not had time to render. I've also made some more changes to d look of d xters(one of dem) n i did look for spaces i cld include secondary motions but cldnt find. Ok maybe thr were little spaces i cld hv filled dat in but didnt.
Anyways, i'ld do ma best possible to create n upload a wip soonest. Hope una neva de vex sha?
Re: Gerrarrahere Mhen 3D Animation Video (full Version). by reidkrugger(m): 3:32pm On Sep 09, 2016
Ok so i finally squeezed the time to carve out this unrendered piece. Like i said, slight adjustments here and there and voila, here's the video. Up next is the rendered version.Only God knows when that will come out cuz i've gat my hands full at the moment but will initiate it soon. Dont worry, it's only about 2.5mb so dont be scared to watch.

[url][/url]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vA-whSEFc2s[url][/url]

So how good am i? well you just saw it. The frames are jerking a bit plus it's a bit hazy though and i think it will play better on the rendered version.

1 Like

Re: Gerrarrahere Mhen 3D Animation Video (full Version). by Nobody: 10:56pm On Sep 09, 2016
There is some slight jerkiness , especially with the usifo xter. but the beauty lies in the fact that the audience can understand their animosity from their body actions...which x d most important. The mood was conveyed. I rate a 7 outta 10.

....i like the elbows co-ordination with hands though. Elbow constraints are shuck for me
Re: Gerrarrahere Mhen 3D Animation Video (full Version). by reidkrugger(m): 12:50am On Sep 10, 2016
kazuna:
There is some slight jerkiness , especially with the usifo xter. but the beauty lies in the fact that the audience can understand their animosity from their body actions...which x d most important. The mood was conveyed. I rate a 7 outta 10.

....i like the elbows co-ordination with hands though. Elbow constraints are shuck for me

Well, 7 out of 10 works very very well for me especially considering the jerkiness. I'm using a core i3 with 6gig ram and polygons have amounted to over 54,204 which really is pushing the system to it's limits when it comes to animating especially when you've passed 500frames and that's y i have the jerkiness. And don't forget, they are CAT rigs. You tell em go left, they do that but go slightly right as well and u cant do anything about it. By the time i render out the clip, the jerkiness would have disappeared n i'ld have a smoother play. wink

Re: Gerrarrahere Mhen 3D Animation Video (full Version). by reidkrugger(m): 4:06pm On Sep 11, 2016
Oooooooookaaaay, so d saga continues as i begin setting up d lights for d scene. This one is gonna b quick cuz i dnt want anything fancy. Just simple. Then i'll render out using d scanline render. D frames r abt 2300 bcuz if i do dat in mental ray, especially in HD, a frame could take up to say 5mins wi an anti-aliasing of 4 to 16-64 and seriously... That's d type of time dat i dont have.
I'll b going into modelling n light texturing say for about a week or so n when i come back, it would b another animation short. This time a short one of about 30secs max n yes, it's going to b nigerian again. I'm actually looking at the legend "prophet professor Fela Kuti". Yup i've seen some nigerians trying to do something a model of him in 3d n now, it's time i correct somethings they've missed out, plus this time, it's gonna b d 3dsmax bone rig la' custom "excuse ma french". Ok dats it, happy sallah n drop me a meat line if u r a muslim.
Re: Gerrarrahere Mhen 3D Animation Video (full Version). by reidkrugger(m): 5:14pm On Sep 22, 2016
Uuugghhh, i cant believe i hvnt coupled dis video. Done wi rendering a long time ago n y hvnt i posted d vid? I'll tell u y... I've been a bit busy dis days n its killin my animation time.
Anyways, i'll b couplin d vid together n will b posting it hopefully b4 d end of tommorow, so stay tuned.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gerrarrahere Mhen 3D Animation Video (full Version). by reidkrugger(m): 2:29pm On Sep 23, 2016
Ok. At last i kept to my word and the video is all done. The short is done with 3dsmax from start to finish using the cat rig and rendered with the scanline renderer. It's a bit, ok a lot different from the first because i wanted something different and creatively challenging. The major challenges here after the usual suspects like finance, electricity and co was "acting". It took me about two days to finally decide how to go about this. Eeeerrrmm, i dont really have much to say but you can go ahead to see the video clip. By the way, Camtasia did a very good job of bringing down a video size of about 14gig to 6mb. F it, it even di the realplayer version of 1mb. You rock mhen.
Alright so here's the link to the clip [url][/url]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=784Bkq0prds[url][/url]

Yeah, and i'll probably open another thread for it, but you can comment here if you like.
Re: Gerrarrahere Mhen 3D Animation Video (full Version). by agbonkamen(f): 2:56pm On Sep 23, 2016
reidkrugger:
Ok. At last i kept to my word and the video is all done. The short is done with 3dsmax from start to finish using the cat rig and rendered with the scanline renderer. It's a bit, ok a lot different from the first because i wanted something different and creatively challenging. The major challenges here after the usual suspects like finance, electricity and co was "acting". It took me about two days to finally decide how to go about this. Eeeerrrmm, i dont really have much to say but you can go ahead to see the video clip. By the way, Camtasia did a very good job of bringing down a video size of about 14gig to 6mb. F it, it even di the realplayer version of 1mb. You rock mhen.
Alright so here's the link to the clip [url][/url]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=784Bkq0prds[url][/url]

Yeah, and i'll probably open another thread for it, but you can comment here if you like.
good work pls i want to have knowledge of this 3D animation i stays in Benin city what do i do
Re: Gerrarrahere Mhen 3D Animation Video (full Version). by reidkrugger(m): 5:31pm On Sep 23, 2016
agbonkamen:
good work pls i want to have knowledge of this 3D animation i stays in Benin city what do i do

Thank u very much. I charge a to teach animations and u can email chimatic@gmail.com for details. Minimum cost is 250k n duration is 3mths for beginner class.
Re: Gerrarrahere Mhen 3D Animation Video (full Version). by reidkrugger(m): 11:57pm On Oct 24, 2016
Somebody please tell me, we still in 2016 cuz it feels strange typing and been here. Booooooy!!! it does feel good to be back here. Only problem is that nothing has changed much. Ok so alot has happened since the last time i was here on my part. Plenty of challenges since leaving money for CG and now going back trying to pick up the trail again. I tell u it's mhen, things are a lot different than it used to be back then. If i was to begin learning CG now as compared to back then, mheeen, it would have been too much of a risk tilting towards "almost" becoming a fruitless venture but there is always that 1% chance that something positive could always happen.
I havent opened my laptop to work anything Animation or go to the net in months so i have no work to show for now. But in time, when i'm able to balance out my life completely, then i will return to CG fully. And to think i used to create animations all the time, sometime before now, jeeze. Ok, i'll be coming in here once in a while and hopefully would be contributing my own quota to CG freedom in Africa in my own little way and until then... Adios Amigos.
Re: Gerrarrahere Mhen 3D Animation Video (full Version). by reidkrugger(m): 2:05pm On Feb 14, 2017
With plenty of practice showered on passion comes perfection. Once upon a time, i followed other gurus and would n ask myself, how did they do dat? Well, afta dedicating a lot of time n effort to "animating" i'm now beginning to see clearly d answers to these questions n can now crystally understand y some animations r done d way they r, e.i for tv or film.
And d one dat hurt me d most is ppl gettin up to check a movemt n rushin bk to thr seat to animate dat part. When its 5pm ur waist n thighs starts letting u know whatsup. Well mayb everybody has to go tru dis stage to get to d next n will keep doin wierd movmts n tests for a long time, i do not know. Whats most embarrsing however is afta all diz wahala, d animation is far off what was originally intended. You cant grow like dat.
Learn to animate well n all ur imaginations n heart desires in terms of story tellin will begin to breathe life.
Re: Gerrarrahere Mhen 3D Animation Video (full Version). by reidkrugger(m): 4:05pm On Feb 27, 2017
Like every1 else, i began my journey here by learning how to model. The only program i knew at that time was "autocad" n i wan dang gud @ it. Ffwd into some years later came 3dsmax n was really excited about it even tho i ddnt know its full capabilities. As soon as i was told it cld handle effects, i settled in. So 2mths into it i started modelling heads and simple robots which made me feel special only for me to log in here to find ppl already talkin "animating". That pissed me off further as i realized that i'd been living in a world populated by me. Oooh n by then, i'd lost a lot of money n time tryin to learn d program so thr was no goin back cuz, na me go lose.
Long n shot is, afta plenty yabbin, criticizing, trying n learnin, i've gotten waaaaayyyy beta than d video on d top of dis post n d world stil isnt enough.
Lesson: dont force it, make up ur mind on studying animations. It will take a while wi alot of sufferings but it will come. And now i dnt even hv to animate to learn anymore. #ucanbebeta.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Post Your Cinema 4d, Adobe After Effects Problems Here / Are You In Need Of Nylon Printing/packaging Bag For Your New/old Product? / 4 Weeks Training (Graphic, Web Design And Developer)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.