Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,893 members, 7,802,875 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:37 AM

Fikayo Idowu Is Dead. Drowns While Swimming With Friends - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Fikayo Idowu Is Dead. Drowns While Swimming With Friends (59708 Views)

Chelsea Defender Fikayo Tomori Scores Hilarious Own Goal From The Center Circle / Everton Matheus Rafael Swimming With Ifeanyi Ubah FC Players / Chelsea Defender Fikayo Tomori Signs New 4-year Deal With The Blues (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fikayo Idowu Is Dead. Drowns While Swimming With Friends by olokfor: 8:41pm On Jun 26, 2016
[img]http://www.olisa.tv/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/0625-Idowu_Fikayo_headshot-600x400.jpg[/img]
Idowu hung out with friends on Thursday night and heard that they had planned to go swimming in a lake 40 miles northeast of Columbus on Friday. That was the last his friend Jensen, a fellow Ohio State University player, heard of him.

The following day, a Saturday, Jensen, while picking up another friend, got a call that Idowu died the night before; he drowned while swimming with friends.

“I knew a few people had been invited,” Jensen, told the press. “I just figured I’d stay home. I had to lift, I had to practice. We kind of hung up the phone, and we kind of just looked at each other wondering if it was real.”

“I didn’t believe it at first,” another teammate Tyler Kidwell said. “He was one of my best friends on the team.”

According to reports:

“Idowu was a defender on the Buckeyes team who had played since 2014. He was a junior enrolled in a premed program. Friends said he wanted to be a surgeon.

Idowu was from Madison, Mississippi, and was majoring in health and rehabilitation sciences while planning to attend medical school. He was an Ohio State Prominence Scholar and a two-time OSU Scholar-Athlete.”

His teammates have since been mourning him, but the Knox County sheriff’s office has refused to release details of the 19-year-old’s death.

“As I understand it, they just went up for the end of the day after classes,” John Bluem, his coach, told Columbus Dispatch. “They just went up to go for a swim.”

Idowu was born to Nigerian parents who are currently based in the United States.

http://www.metronaija.com/2016/06/nigerian-footballer-fikayo-idowu-drowns.html
Re: Fikayo Idowu Is Dead. Drowns While Swimming With Friends by chocolateme(f): 8:42pm On Jun 26, 2016
Hmm..
Rip dear.. God please grant his family the strength to pull through this.

June abeg do fast carry what you carry come and carry go. We don tire to say Rest in Peace..

Oluwa see us oo.. Amen.

FTC
CHOCOLATE CREAM
I dedicate this to God almighty and ask him to continue to guard and protect us.

27 Likes

Re: Fikayo Idowu Is Dead. Drowns While Swimming With Friends by fiftynaira(m): 8:46pm On Jun 26, 2016
Chai
Return if possible R.I.P

1 Like

Re: Fikayo Idowu Is Dead. Drowns While Swimming With Friends by babyfaceafrica: 8:49pm On Jun 26, 2016
What do you mean Nigerian footballer?..next time..Nigerian-born footballer!!!....RIP brodaMMmay God grant u safe passage to heaven!!!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fikayo Idowu Is Dead. Drowns While Swimming With Friends by mightyhaze: 8:55pm On Jun 26, 2016
Such a youngster!

2 Likes

Re: Fikayo Idowu Is Dead. Drowns While Swimming With Friends by Taeewo(m): 9:07pm On Jun 26, 2016
Metronaija always reporting bad incidence....... Try report naming, graduation at times...

4 Likes

Re: Fikayo Idowu Is Dead. Drowns While Swimming With Friends by candidbabe(f): 9:22pm On Jun 26, 2016
June
Re: Fikayo Idowu Is Dead. Drowns While Swimming With Friends by Nobody: 9:24pm On Jun 26, 2016
chocolateme:
Hmm..

June abeg do fast carry what you carry come and carry go. We don tire to say Rest in Peace..

Oluwa see us oo.. Amen.
e don tire me self

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fikayo Idowu Is Dead. Drowns While Swimming With Friends by davedpo(m): 9:24pm On Jun 26, 2016
RIP

June calamity to hell wit u
Re: Fikayo Idowu Is Dead. Drowns While Swimming With Friends by Nobody: 9:24pm On Jun 26, 2016
That's why Blacks don't swim

2 Likes 1 Share

This month of June ehn, aduro very very suspicious. Biko July come quickly.
I wish his loved ones well.
Re: Fikayo Idowu Is Dead. Drowns While Swimming With Friends by ola4ola(m): 9:25pm On Jun 26, 2016
chai,
Re: Fikayo Idowu Is Dead. Drowns While Swimming With Friends by LKO(m): 9:25pm On Jun 26, 2016
May God give his family and friends the fortitude to bear the loss.

1 Like

Re: Fikayo Idowu Is Dead. Drowns While Swimming With Friends by Nutase: 9:26pm On Jun 26, 2016
embarassed
Re: Fikayo Idowu Is Dead. Drowns While Swimming With Friends by Imaoima: 9:27pm On Jun 26, 2016
Haaa!
dis is sad news. RIP
Re: Fikayo Idowu Is Dead. Drowns While Swimming With Friends by shakur4luv(m): 9:28pm On Jun 26, 2016
eyaaa she carry her thing go heaven
Re: Fikayo Idowu Is Dead. Drowns While Swimming With Friends by slimpoppa(m): 9:29pm On Jun 26, 2016
sad
Re: Fikayo Idowu Is Dead. Drowns While Swimming With Friends by ERONX(m): 9:29pm On Jun 26, 2016
RIP
Re: Fikayo Idowu Is Dead. Drowns While Swimming With Friends by GoldenJAT(m): 9:29pm On Jun 26, 2016
painful exit!

1 Like

Re: Fikayo Idowu Is Dead. Drowns While Swimming With Friends by Nobody: 9:29pm On Jun 26, 2016
His teammates have since been mourning him, but the Knox County sheriff’s office has refused to release details of the 19-year-old’s death

Considering the antecedents of folks over there, it's not out of place for there to have been foul play. I think an autopsy should be conducted into death.
An athlete who went swimming with friends and only him got drowned begs more questions than answers. If he isn't good at swimming, he wouldn't get close to a swimming pool let alone a massive lake.

Maybe I'm overly suspicious, buh the matter shouldnt go off like that.

13 Likes

Re: Fikayo Idowu Is Dead. Drowns While Swimming With Friends by bebe2(f): 9:31pm On Jun 26, 2016
lipsrsealed

Blood of jesus shocked

Swimming in the lake ??

Oyibo pple too like risk ooo

And our children like to copy them.

Imagine my 11yr old asking for sky diving as a birtth day
Gift shocked

Not in this life.

RIP young man cry

1 Like

Re: Fikayo Idowu Is Dead. Drowns While Swimming With Friends by Nobody: 9:31pm On Jun 26, 2016
chocolateme:
Hmm..

Oluwa see us oo.. Amen.
infact ehn! This JUNE in Nigeria is a terible June. God help us oh. So tey our President nearly die sef.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fikayo Idowu Is Dead. Drowns While Swimming With Friends by Flexherbal(m): 9:32pm On Jun 26, 2016
What a sad news!
Re: Fikayo Idowu Is Dead. Drowns While Swimming With Friends by druxy(m): 9:33pm On Jun 26, 2016
rip
Re: Fikayo Idowu Is Dead. Drowns While Swimming With Friends by histemple: 9:33pm On Jun 26, 2016
And how is this fellow a Nigerian footballer? The advent of cheap website hosting and cheap internet access has automatically turned everybody to a cut-and-nail journalist.

How can a person who hasn't played for Nigeria be called a Nigerian footballer?
Re: Fikayo Idowu Is Dead. Drowns While Swimming With Friends by omolola15(m): 9:34pm On Jun 26, 2016
Awon ti abule ti send si bobo yen.

Rip
Re: Fikayo Idowu Is Dead. Drowns While Swimming With Friends by rattlesnake(m): 9:35pm On Jun 26, 2016
hmmm village missle
Re: Fikayo Idowu Is Dead. Drowns While Swimming With Friends by Nobody: 9:36pm On Jun 26, 2016
chocolateme:
Hmm..

[s]June abeg do fast carry what you carry come and carry go. We don tire to say Rest in Peace..[/s]

Oluwa see us oo.. Amen.
are you trying to say that june is a month of badluck mind you it is my month cool.
Re: Fikayo Idowu Is Dead. Drowns While Swimming With Friends by Eryems(f): 9:38pm On Jun 26, 2016
Rest in peace

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pogba And Burna Boy Do Focus Dance After Manchester Utd Win (Photos, Video) / Nigerian Police Officers Arrive Russia In Their Uniforms For Argentina Clash.PIC / Mohammed bin Salman Is Man Utd Potential Buyer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.