Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,568 members, 7,809,067 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:14 PM

Fikayo Idowu Is Dead. Drowns While Swimming With Friends - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Fikayo Idowu Is Dead. Drowns While Swimming With Friends (59724 Views)

Chelsea Defender Fikayo Tomori Scores Hilarious Own Goal From The Center Circle / Everton Matheus Rafael Swimming With Ifeanyi Ubah FC Players / Chelsea Defender Fikayo Tomori Signs New 4-year Deal With The Blues (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fikayo Idowu Is Dead. Drowns While Swimming With Friends by chocolateme(f): 9:40pm On Jun 26, 2016
crotonite:
are you trying to say that june is a month of badluck mind you it is my month cool.
my dear, not really ok? I meant in terms of bad news especially of high number of recorded deaths. Sorry ok my dear, but in the same June, God still favoured you to celebrate your birthday so bad news is not your portion ok?

1 Like

Re: Fikayo Idowu Is Dead. Drowns While Swimming With Friends by Nobody: 9:40pm On Jun 26, 2016
RIP, na who water see I'm leg na who e go drown, he was flexing.
Re: Fikayo Idowu Is Dead. Drowns While Swimming With Friends by Ryda(m): 9:40pm On Jun 26, 2016
Chai this is bad news
R.I.P to the dead
Re: Fikayo Idowu Is Dead. Drowns While Swimming With Friends by Nobody: 9:45pm On Jun 26, 2016
ElPadrino33:
Let's assume you saw a laptop of 97K. You didn't have the cash, so you borrowed 50K from ur mom and 50K from ur dad = 100K. You bought the laptop which left you with 3K change. You gave ur dad 1K and ur mum 1K and kept the other 1K to yourself. Now you owe your mum 49K and ur dad 49K. Now 49K+49K = 98K + ur 1K kept = 99K.Where is the missing 1K?I know you are intelligent. Solve it and tell me the answer....
like like play this question hard.

*MODIFIED*
the 1k in your hand shld be subtracted, not added. thats 98k + (-1k) = 97k.

3 Likes

Re: Fikayo Idowu Is Dead. Drowns While Swimming With Friends by Nobody: 9:50pm On Jun 26, 2016
Quite unfortunate. May his,soul RIP
Ghanaian Man who Accused Van Vicker of Sleeping with His Wife Speaks... https:///zToEdMU0uP
Re: Fikayo Idowu Is Dead. Drowns While Swimming With Friends by easystudy101: 9:53pm On Jun 26, 2016
ElPadrino33:
Let's assume you saw a laptop of 97K. You didn't have the cash, so you borrowed 50K from ur mom and 50K from ur dad = 100K. You bought the laptop which left you with 3K change. You gave ur dad 1K and ur mum 1K and kept the other 1K to yourself. Now you owe your mum 49K and ur dad 49K. Now 49K+49K = 98K + ur 1K kept = 99K.Where is the missing 1K?I know you are intelligent. Solve it and tell me the answer....

50k(mother)+50k(father)=100k
100k - 97k(laptop)= 3k
3k - 2k(returned to parents)= 1k
1k - 1k(in your possession)= 0k

this is the actual calculation

1 Like

Re: Fikayo Idowu Is Dead. Drowns While Swimming With Friends by Mille: 10:03pm On Jun 26, 2016
sapiosexual1:

Considering the antecedents of folks over there, it's not out of place for there to have been foul play. I think an autopsy should be conducted into death.
An athlete who went swimming with friends and only him got drowned begs more questions than answers. If he isn't good at swimming, he wouldn't get close to a swimming pool let alone a massive lake.

Maybe I'm overly suspicious, buh the matter shouldnt go off like that.

My brother, you don't know what peer pressure can do.

I remember years ago when I hung out with friends. After everything, they wanted to go swimming. I didn't want to go because I can't swim but they pressured me into go. When they got there, I didn't even UnCloth talkless of entering the water but again, the pressure got to me.

I remember going down in the middle of the water and starred jumping up. My supposed friends didn't even notice. Thank God for an eagle eyed stranger. Someone would have typed RIP for me back then.

Since that day, I have been scared of any water that is more than 1 litre.

2 Likes

Re: Fikayo Idowu Is Dead. Drowns While Swimming With Friends by Dotun1993(m): 10:04pm On Jun 26, 2016
Rip
Re: Fikayo Idowu Is Dead. Drowns While Swimming With Friends by cosade(m): 10:10pm On Jun 26, 2016
ElPadrino33:

There is no missing 1k.

1 Like

Re: Fikayo Idowu Is Dead. Drowns While Swimming With Friends by YaksonFCA(m): 10:17pm On Jun 26, 2016
RIP
Re: Fikayo Idowu Is Dead. Drowns While Swimming With Friends by dilini(m): 10:21pm On Jun 26, 2016
sapiosexual1:

Considering the antecedents of folks over there, it's not out of place for there to have been foul play. I think an autopsy should be conducted into death.
An athlete who went swimming with friends and only him got drowned begs more questions than answers. If he isn't good at swimming, he wouldn't get close to a swimming pool let alone a massive lake.

True... You read my mind

1 Like

Re: Fikayo Idowu Is Dead. Drowns While Swimming With Friends by Nobody: 10:28pm On Jun 26, 2016
Mille:

My brother, you don't know what peer pressure can do.

I remember years ago when I hung out with friends. After everything, they wanted to go swimming. I didn't want to go because I can't swim but they pressured me into go. When they got there, I didn't even UnCloth talkless of entering the water but again, the pressure got to me.

I remember going down in the middle of the water and starred jumping up. My supposed friends didn't even notice. Thank God for an eagle eyed stranger. Someone would have typed RIP for me back then.

Since that day, I have been scared of any water that is more than 1 litre.
Hmmmm Thankgod for your life ooooo, I know say I no sabi swim, so I don't even get close to a river, even on life jacket. It's that bad
Re: Fikayo Idowu Is Dead. Drowns While Swimming With Friends by Taryur3(m): 10:30pm On Jun 26, 2016
So sad....that is why I always be with life jacket on Lake when swimming
Re: Fikayo Idowu Is Dead. Drowns While Swimming With Friends by kobonaire(m): 10:47pm On Jun 26, 2016
How tragic. Though the title should be changed as it gives the impression he is a professional football player. He is attending university on a soccer scholarship and even nursed the ambitions to get to med school .... no easy feat in the US.
Re: Fikayo Idowu Is Dead. Drowns While Swimming With Friends by kenoz(m): 11:05pm On Jun 26, 2016
So sad

RIP
Re: Fikayo Idowu Is Dead. Drowns While Swimming With Friends by 7Prophets(m): 11:15pm On Jun 26, 2016
It is well
Re: Fikayo Idowu Is Dead. Drowns While Swimming With Friends by virginchaser(m): 11:49pm On Jun 26, 2016
You are here again?
Re: Fikayo Idowu Is Dead. Drowns While Swimming With Friends by tukdi: 11:56pm On Jun 26, 2016
undecided undecided undecided HAND OF ESAU!!!!
Re: Fikayo Idowu Is Dead. Drowns While Swimming With Friends by paris10: 12:23am On Jun 27, 2016
Rest in Peace. Blacks don't do adventures. Whites die every minutes doing extreme death defying stunts and play. Too dangerous to go camping with your white friends too. You just might have yourself killed.
Re: Fikayo Idowu Is Dead. Drowns While Swimming With Friends by jollenbaba(m): 1:11am On Jun 27, 2016
Wetin concern me wth dat na me tel im mak he go swim ni
Re: Fikayo Idowu Is Dead. Drowns While Swimming With Friends by dilini(m): 5:13am On Jun 27, 2016
sapiosexual1:

True.. You read my mind
Re: Fikayo Idowu Is Dead. Drowns While Swimming With Friends by glossy6(f): 5:21am On Jun 27, 2016
I suspect those oyingbo friends undecided undecided
Re: Fikayo Idowu Is Dead. Drowns While Swimming With Friends by goodfornothing(m): 5:38am On Jun 27, 2016
No life jacket?
Re: Fikayo Idowu Is Dead. Drowns While Swimming With Friends by RaeMystix: 5:40am On Jun 27, 2016
My sincere condolences to his friends and loved ones
Re: Fikayo Idowu Is Dead. Drowns While Swimming With Friends by Iamthoney(m): 7:01am On Jun 27, 2016
shakur4luv:
eyaaa she carry her thing go heaven
Read the full post you no gree....chai
Re: Fikayo Idowu Is Dead. Drowns While Swimming With Friends by BaBaMike: 7:41am On Jun 27, 2016
R.I.P poor boy. ... Very tragic.

Re: Fikayo Idowu Is Dead. Drowns While Swimming With Friends by PrivateInvestig: 8:08am On Jun 27, 2016
tongue die well.
Re: Fikayo Idowu Is Dead. Drowns While Swimming With Friends by Jok3r(m): 8:45am On Jun 27, 2016
olokfor:
[img]http://www.olisa.tv/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/0625-Idowu_Fikayo_headshot-600x400.jpg[/img]
Idowu hung out with friends on Thursday night and heard that they had planned to go swimming in a lake 40 miles northeast of Columbus on Friday. That was the last his friend Jensen, a fellow Ohio State University player, heard of him.

The following day, a Saturday, Jensen, while picking up another friend, got a call that Idowu died the night before; he drowned while swimming with friends.

“I knew a few people had been invited,” Jensen, told the press. “I just figured I’d stay home. I had to lift, I had to practice. We kind of hung up the phone, and we kind of just looked at each other wondering if it was real.”

“I didn’t believe it at first,” another teammate Tyler Kidwell said. “He was one of my best friends on the team.”

According to reports:

“Idowu was a defender on the Buckeyes team who had played since 2014. He was a junior enrolled in a premed program. Friends said he wanted to be a surgeon.

Idowu was from Madison, Mississippi, and was majoring in health and rehabilitation sciences while planning to attend medical school. He was an Ohio State Prominence Scholar and a two-time OSU Scholar-Athlete.”

His teammates have since been mourning him, but the Knox County sheriff’s office has refused to release details of the 19-year-old’s death.

“As I understand it, they just went up for the end of the day after classes,” John Bluem, his coach, told Columbus Dispatch. “They just went up to go for a swim.”

Idowu was born to Nigerian parents who are currently based in the United States.

http://www.metronaija.com/2016/06/nigerian-footballer-fikayo-idowu-drowns.html

may his suol rest well
Re: Fikayo Idowu Is Dead. Drowns While Swimming With Friends by Peacefulgold(m): 8:59am On Jun 27, 2016
Another one for the month of June....
Re: Fikayo Idowu Is Dead. Drowns While Swimming With Friends by Nobody: 10:52am On Jun 27, 2016
FvckeDyoBiTch:
That's why Blacks don't swim

That's why YOU don't swim. I and lots of other black folks swim just fine.

Nigerians repeating stuff without actually processing what they are saying..
Re: Fikayo Idowu Is Dead. Drowns While Swimming With Friends by tiswell(m): 1:32pm On Jun 27, 2016
chocolateme:
Hmm..
Rip dear.. God please grant his family the strength to pull through this.

June abeg do fast carry what you carry come and carry go. We don tire to say Rest in Peace..

Oluwa see us oo.. Amen.

FTC
CHOCOLATE CREAM
I dedicate this to God almighty and ask him to continue to guard and protect us.
Wetin June do you
Re: Fikayo Idowu Is Dead. Drowns While Swimming With Friends by Nobody: 7:36pm On Jun 27, 2016
og2711:

That's why YOU don't swim. I and lots of other black folks swim just fine.

Nigerians repeating stuff without actually processing what they are saying..

I swim occasionally and that was Some Dark Humour...can't blame you if you don't get it

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Police Officers Arrive Russia In Their Uniforms For Argentina Clash.PIC / Mohammed bin Salman Is Man Utd Potential Buyer / The Dressing Rooms And Conveniece Of Enyimba Stadium, Aba (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.