Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,016 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:31 AM

The Colour Yellow Does Not Actually Exist! -nerdvarsity (+PICS) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Colour Yellow Does Not Actually Exist! -nerdvarsity (+PICS) (3136 Views)

20 Amazing Things You Won’t Believe Actually Exist In Nature / SHOCKING! 5 Words Nigerians Use That Actually Don’t Exist / 5 Words Nigerians Use That Doesn't Actually Exist In The Dictionary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Colour Yellow Does Not Actually Exist! -nerdvarsity (+PICS) by CrazyScientist: 8:59pm On Jun 26, 2016
[img]http://nerdvarsity.files./2016/06/lemon.jpg?w=1108[/img]

What colour do you see ? well, you’d say Yellow of course, but actually, The yellow you see doesn’t even exist at all, what do i mean? Let’s go on another exciting journey…

As I look at these lemons in real life, what i see is a ‘Subtractively Yellow’ colour (it absorbs every other colour and reflects yellow light), which is REAL YELLOW , but the SCREEN you're using to read this doesn’t produce yellow light at all! Actually it can only produce RED, BLUE or GREEN Light,so you’re actually not seeing YELLOW at all! So how come you can see yellow you ask? well, it’s easy to fool the brain. But how does the screen do this…Below Is What Different Screens Actually Display:

[img]http://nerdvarsity.files./2016/06/rbg4screen.jpg?w=1108[/img]
The retinas in our eyes contain three different cone cells used to detect colours, one is great for blue, one for red and the other for green. Notice that there’s none to detect other colours (like purple, brown e.t.c), so the way we see yellow happens like this:

The wavelength of yellow light falls between the wavelength of GREEN and RED, so the cones for red and green are slightly activated and your brain says: “that’s what happens when something is YELLOW, so it must be Yellow.”

[img]http://nerdvarsity.files./2016/06/eyedcve.jpg?w=1108[/img]

What your Computer or Phone screen does is it sends red and green light to your eyes so small that your brain cant distinguish them, so it says I’m receiving a little bit of red and green and thats what yellow does, so it must be Yellow, even though it actually ISN’T YELLOW! How amazing!

[img]http://nerdvarsity.files./2016/06/actlscrnyell.jpg?w=1108[/img]

SOURCE: https://nerdvarsity./2016/06/25/the-colour-yellow-does-not-actually-exist/#more-51

Share and Drop Your comments below.
vist nerdvarsity. for more interesting articles like:

>>What If The Earth Stopped Spinning
>>The Actual Colour Of A Mirror
>>What If Everybody On Earth Jumped At Once...
and Lots More!!

©NerdVarsity

Cc: lalasticlala

2 Likes

Re: The Colour Yellow Does Not Actually Exist! -nerdvarsity (+PICS) by Dottore: 9:05pm On Jun 26, 2016
so what do we do now. organise a conference on the review of colour wheel? or probably set up a fresh curriculum for all and sundry campaigning for reorientation of colours. well in my opinion, there is so much problem in Nigerian currently to bother whether "yellow" exists or not.. it has no sociological, economical, political, religious, biological, and many other ...cal and ...ous value.
#yawns and walks away from thread

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Colour Yellow Does Not Actually Exist! -nerdvarsity (+PICS) by druxy(m): 9:41pm On Jun 26, 2016
Dottore:
so what do we do now. organise a conference on the review of colour wheel? or probably set up a fresh curriculum for all and sundry campaigning for reorientation of colours. well in my opinion, there is so much problem in Nigerian currently to bother whether "yellow" exists or not.. it has no sociological, economical, political, religious, biological, and many other ...cal and ...ous value.
oga why not just pass...

5 Likes

Re: The Colour Yellow Does Not Actually Exist! -nerdvarsity (+PICS) by gbadexy(m): 5:29am On Jun 27, 2016
druxy:
oga why not just pass...
The economy is harsh. People are not smiling cheesy

3 Likes

Re: The Colour Yellow Does Not Actually Exist! -nerdvarsity (+PICS) by Nbote(m): 6:43am On Jun 27, 2016
D same can b said for other colors as well.. Dis one na super story jor.

5 Likes

Re: The Colour Yellow Does Not Actually Exist! -nerdvarsity (+PICS) by Breadmaker: 6:55am On Jun 27, 2016
Edit your post and remove the "s" in your https so that images will load properly.
Re: The Colour Yellow Does Not Actually Exist! -nerdvarsity (+PICS) by CrazyScientist: 7:11am On Jun 27, 2016
Breadmaker:
Edit your post and remove the "s" in your https so that images will load properly.

Thanks.
Re: The Colour Yellow Does Not Actually Exist! -nerdvarsity (+PICS) by falcon01: 10:08am On Jun 27, 2016
NIGGA DONT FCK WITH ME
Re: The Colour Yellow Does Not Actually Exist! -nerdvarsity (+PICS) by Nobody: 10:44am On Jun 27, 2016
am coming
Re: The Colour Yellow Does Not Actually Exist! -nerdvarsity (+PICS) by tdayof(m): 11:22am On Jun 27, 2016
Sorry but I ain't taking this concerning the visible lights in the electromagnetic spectrum. I will consider this as a misconception. However you can provide more links to backup your points .

To the physicist, “color” is synonym for frequency. So yes, every distinct frequency is basically a distinct color. So the “color” of, say, an FM radio broadcast at 91.5 MHz is different from the “color” of another FM station at 103.3 MHz. And X-rays and gamma-rays of different frequencies would have distinct “colors”, too.

To the biophysicist/biologist, color is what the eye can see. The human eye is sensitive to three colors, all confined to within a very narrow range of frequencies (in musical terms, less than an octave). Because of this, the human eye cannot distinguish a pure color (e.g., monochromatic yellow light) from a corresponding combination of colors that match its sensitivity (e.g., a combination of red and blue light); even though they are very different to the physicist, they are perceived the same by us. (As a thought experiment, think about setting up your computer monitor so that its surface is uniform yellow, and make it the only light source in an otherwise dark room. An object that only reflects yellow light but does not reflect red or green light will appear rather black in this “yellow” light… that’s because the monitor doesn’t emit yellow light, it emits a mix of red and green that we perceive as yellow. Or imagine if your ears worked like your eyes do: they would be unable to distinguish a pure musical “A” sound from a mix of, say, an “E” and a high “C”.)

It's just the way the human eye sees it but talking about EMS the yellow color exist.

Are you trying to say if I am to work on a bandwidth I won't be getting a visible yellow light?

2 Likes

Re: The Colour Yellow Does Not Actually Exist! -nerdvarsity (+PICS) by heryurh(m): 1:23pm On Jun 27, 2016
Op, your eyes needs medical care undecided
Re: The Colour Yellow Does Not Actually Exist! -nerdvarsity (+PICS) by Sleekydee(m): 7:25pm On Jun 27, 2016
Dottore:

I laff fall for keke napep

(1) (Reply)

Soyinka Dispelled The Insinuation That He Graduated With Third Class / Creative 9years Old Js3 Student,constructed A Duplex Using Empty Catons (photos) / School May Be Scam But Education Is Not.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.