Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,317 members, 7,780,778 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:56 PM

Todd "ll Cool J" Smith Signs With "g-unit" - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Todd "ll Cool J" Smith Signs With "g-unit" (3818 Views)

Fake OPEC Scholarship: Police Special Fraud Unit Arrest Internet Fraudsters / Smith Charity Yetunde Died In Service / G-unit Or G-unot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Todd "ll Cool J" Smith Signs With "g-unit" by sapphirre(f): 3:44pm On Nov 29, 2006
The self professed ladies man, who has led Def Jam to a fortune since his debut, has been hinting for months that he wants to leave the label and he's blaming Jigga.

'How am I gonna re-sign with competition? I'm not a idiot,' he said about President Carter in reports. 'I can't depend on that man to promote my record while he's somewhere writing rhymes, I'm LL Cool J. I ain't doing that, B.'

But at the end of the day it all comes down to the loot.

'I would rock with Def Jam if they wrote a big enough check,' said LL with a laugh, in published reports. 'Me and Jay would be on that yacht like, 'Hov! Hov! Write that check, homie'.

As previously reported his next album titled Todd Smith, Part 2: Back to Cool, which is executive produced by 50 Cent, may have some of his R&B loving listeners shocked.

'I'm absolutely going to pulverize these cats, It's going to be hysterical. It's like a 'Mama Said Knock You Out' type of record or 'Mr. Smith' type of record. It's a very good record. My last three records were R&B and more of me getting kinda into the emotional side of what I do. This is the aggressive side. Just ego. I'm getting into the party free, regardless. We unlocking the back door and sneaking 50 people in. This album, I'mma do a little street-corner joint. Smack them around, turn 'em upside down and shake the change out their pockets.'

And why did he team up with Fiddy?

'We're from Queens. We're seven years apart in age. He knows what I'm into. We come from the same experience, so the music reflects that. And let's face it, 50 reminds me of a place I was in awhile ago. I have been running around on tours. I have been in the suites, and I haven't been on the blocks smelling like Guinness lately. It's fun to work with somebody who rekindles those flames and makes me hungry again. It's definitely working.'

Related News: LL Teams Up With 50 Cent.

First Joe Thomas then Mase now LL Cool J
Re: Todd "ll Cool J" Smith Signs With "g-unit" by iice(f): 3:55pm On Nov 29, 2006
You forgot Mobb Deep. But am not surprised after Mase and Mobb Deep. Well i will wait and see what the album sounds like that is if the move was worth it wink
Re: Todd "ll Cool J" Smith Signs With "g-unit" by saintkola(m): 7:00pm On Nov 29, 2006
Beyonce just signed on too. shes replacing Olivia as d Queen of d G-unit.
Re: Todd "ll Cool J" Smith Signs With "g-unit" by sapphirre(f): 7:09am On Nov 30, 2006
I don't want to comment on Beyonce, but after their little lash out
with Curtis "50Cent" Jackson I don't know if they will sign her,
Re: Todd "ll Cool J" Smith Signs With "g-unit" by gbadex1(m): 6:02pm On Dec 01, 2006
I'm so dissapointed in LL Cool J. 'tis really a sad day for hiphop.
Re: Todd "ll Cool J" Smith Signs With "g-unit" by samsick: 12:36pm On Dec 02, 2006
@ Gbade:x am also disappointed in Uncle L,Mase,The Infamous Mobb Deep for signing for G.unit.It not a suprise anyway they re not doing Hip Hop for the love but for the Dough.
Re: Todd "ll Cool J" Smith Signs With "g-unit" by iice(f): 5:42am On Dec 04, 2006
Stick to the true artists grin
Re: Todd "ll Cool J" Smith Signs With "g-unit" by marhoatumu(m): 6:04pm On Jan 22, 2007
you must be kidding!! beyonce in gunit!! for why? was she threatened or are there some alterior motives behind the whole thing
Re: Todd "ll Cool J" Smith Signs With "g-unit" by trendy(f): 10:17am On Feb 22, 2007
G-unit my ass
Re: Todd "ll Cool J" Smith Signs With "g-unit" by saintkola(m): 7:11pm On Feb 23, 2007
guyz i wuz just kiddn bout Beyonce joining 'em. lol
Re: Todd "ll Cool J" Smith Signs With "g-unit" by ugomanity(m): 7:21am On Feb 26, 2007
Whoever dat likes cud get signd unto g=unit.D truth's it doznt change ma impresn abt d goo(n)ril, ass. Wanna kno wat i feel abt em?, 50% of wateva they claim they are, 4 mase i felt bad,4 mobdeep i took a deep,and tod smit, I at no tym felt nofin 4 LL. Ha ha, G unot!
Re: Todd "ll Cool J" Smith Signs With "g-unit" by lilthanny(m): 4:49pm On Mar 07, 2007
50 sucks and Artist thats going into the zone of the sucked is ready to be sucked.I pity LL Cool J alot.
Bleep 50,Bleep G-Unit.they're all wacks

(1) (Reply)

Chris Oyakhilome Daughter Throws Bikini Birthday Party / Quality & Standard Product Packaging, Printing, Branding, Labeling & Publishing / Ever Shopped More Than Your Budget?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.