Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,515 members, 7,808,878 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:31 PM

How God Saved My Life On Saturday - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How God Saved My Life On Saturday (17114 Views)

Dubai's £100m 'Martian City' In The Desert To Simulate Life On The Red Planet / God Saved Me From Accident And Arm Robbery Attack. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How God Saved My Life On Saturday by ednut1(m): 10:32am On Jun 27, 2016
Tell us d name of d coy. Otherwise u self be killer o. Cos am sure they wont repair it
Re: How God Saved My Life On Saturday by marve777: 10:32am On Jun 27, 2016
Op please why keeping the name of the company that owned that bus. If you mentioned the company name or take the picture of that Bus. The management of that company may caution that so called manager that do not value peoples lives. Anyways we thank God for you.Dead man don't talk or gives thank only the living do.
Re: How God Saved My Life On Saturday by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:32am On Jun 27, 2016
Jerrypolo:
I wanted to travel from Abuja to Delta on Saturday, so I decided to board a commercial vehicle (name withheld). Soon, the bus got filled up and we started the journey. I was so enjoying the journey because the driver was on a very high speed and there was a lot of breeze coming into the vehicle. Fast forward to Lokoja just before river Niger and river Benue, we saw from a far distance that there was hold up(because of environmental sanitation) and our driver tried to stop the vehicle but the brake refused to respond(our vehicle was on a very high speed), there was a petrol tanker just in front of us(I was already saying my last prayer, since the vehicle, refused to stop), everyone in the vehicle started screaming the name of Jesus (beside the four hausa guys at the back of the vehicle) and all of a sudden the vehicle diverted from our Lane into the other Lane and stopped miraculously without brake. Now, if the vehicle had not diverted we would have crashed into the tanker and only God knows, maybe I would have been dead, leaving my family in grief and sorrow, but God saved me.
I shared this in crime section because, the careless driver knew the brake was not in good working condition but he decided to use the vehicle because his manager told him that if he doesn't use it, he should just consider himself fired ... Is this not the worst crime on Earth??... Well I thank God I didn't die nor did anyone in the vehicle die..

and the spirits on nairaland will help you by fishing out the airing transport company ko?
Re: How God Saved My Life On Saturday by ruggedtimi(m): 10:33am On Jun 27, 2016
Why u dey withheld he name
Re: How God Saved My Life On Saturday by nikz(f): 10:34am On Jun 27, 2016
Thank God nothing happened and God spared everyone's life. God is ever faithful.
Re: How God Saved My Life On Saturday by ucee64(m): 10:34am On Jun 27, 2016
nbright:
@ jerrypolo, what's the name of the transport company?
which kind question is that na violence mass transit.
Re: How God Saved My Life On Saturday by ItzChinnex(m): 10:35am On Jun 27, 2016
thank God for your Life. It is well
Re: How God Saved My Life On Saturday by Jlow2: 10:35am On Jun 27, 2016
u wld have saved more lives by tellin us d company name
Re: How God Saved My Life On Saturday by DAntivirus: 10:35am On Jun 27, 2016
Ymodulus:

And a bigger fool says there is a god without finding to check if there really is one.

Man free @ freecocoa, she has her believes learn to respect it. Cause she made absolute sense.

What happened to those who died and believe in your so called God? Your God must be a Psychopath that he enjoys killing some people and leaving some.

I pray for you, that on that faithful day when you shall realise ur mistakes that u'ld be able to ask for a second chance. God is real bro... I've had a taste of this truth!
Re: How God Saved My Life On Saturday by Amhappy(f): 10:38am On Jun 27, 2016
Name them and shame the devil. Remember someone reading your testimony today may join the same bus and may not survive as you did. Evil thrive because we do nothing to stop future occurrence nor share lessons learnt. A near miss is an accident in waiting. God be praised for saving you and your co-passengers.

1 Like

Re: How God Saved My Life On Saturday by IrradiatoR: 10:43am On Jun 27, 2016
delishpot:
Driver was on high speed and you we're enjoying it now you know that when people say speed kills, they we're not telling you lies.
That driver needs to be beaten to a pulp. He knew the brakes we're bad yet he was speeding like there was no tomorrow?
Speed kills people. Drive with sense and care ESP on Naija roads.
I just feel sorry for people who get involved in accidents because of the carelessness of drivers and their padsangers who do not mind the carelessness of their drivers. Imagine if there was a car going jejely on that lane the bus diverted to. Wouldn't that have been stupid implication for the innocent people in the second car?

God Bless you. . .

imagine someone saying the driver is not to be blamed because that's his means of livelihood!!! so if he had hit the tanker or another vehicle and they all died, won't his family experience the same fate, coupled with the lives that'll be lost alongside his

I lost a friend in the reported GIG bus accident on lokoja-abuja express way last week, still wishing he had alongside other passengers shouted their voice out on the driver as regards his speed level. . . . a promising youth gone just like that embarassed
Re: How God Saved My Life On Saturday by delishpot: 10:47am On Jun 27, 2016
IrradiatoR:

God Bless you. . .

imagine someone saying the driver is not to be blamed because that's his means of livelihood!!! so if he had hit the tanker or another vehicle and they all died, won't his family experience the same fate, coupled with the lives that'll be lost alongside his

I lost a friend in the reported GIG bus accident on lokoja-abuja express way last week, still wishing he had alongside other passengers shouted their voice out on the driver as regards his speed level. . . . a promising youth gone just like that embarassed

Quite sad. sorry for your loss. I hope Nigerians would change their attitude towards road safety. This could have easily been another road disaster news.

2 Likes

Re: How God Saved My Life On Saturday by darkenkach(m): 10:47am On Jun 27, 2016
Jerrypolo:
I wanted to travel from Abuja to Delta on Saturday, so I decided to board a commercial vehicle (name withheld). Soon, the bus got filled up and we started the journey. I was so enjoying the journey because the driver was on a very high speed and there was a lot of breeze coming into the vehicle. Fast forward to Lokoja just before river Niger and river Benue, we saw from a far distance that there was hold up(because of environmental sanitation) and our driver tried to stop the vehicle but the brake refused to respond(our vehicle was on a very high speed), there was a petrol tanker just in front of us(I was already saying my last prayer, since the vehicle, refused to stop), everyone in the vehicle started screaming the name of Jesus (beside the four hausa guys at the back of the vehicle) and all of a sudden the vehicle diverted from our Lane into the other Lane and stopped miraculously without brake. Now, if the vehicle had not diverted we would have crashed into the tanker and only God knows, maybe I would have been dead, leaving my family in grief and sorrow, but God saved me.
I shared this in crime section because, the careless driver knew the brake was not in good working condition but he decided to use the vehicle because his manager told him that if he doesn't use it, he should just consider himself fired... Is this not the worst crime on Earth??... Well I thank God I didn't die nor did anyone in the vehicle die..

We need the name of the company please. Ma guess: PMT.
Re: How God Saved My Life On Saturday by Nobody: 10:48am On Jun 27, 2016
Jerrypolo:
I shared this in crime section because, the careless driver knew the brake was not in good working condition but he decided to use the vehicle because his manager told him that if he doesn't use it, he should just consider himself fired... Is this not the worst crime on Earth??... Well I thank God I didn't die nor did anyone in the vehicle die..
Why did you have to mention the 4 hausa guys at the back.. Why must sentiment be attached even in the face of death....hian...nawa oooo
Re: How God Saved My Life On Saturday by wacoj(m): 10:51am On Jun 27, 2016
The name of JESUS CHRIST is like a stronger tower.
Call upon him and you shall be saved.

Glory be to GOD for his mercy.

2 Likes

Re: How God Saved My Life On Saturday by mjswthrt(f): 10:51am On Jun 27, 2016
Thank God for your life dear
Re: How God Saved My Life On Saturday by gozzlin: 10:53am On Jun 27, 2016
Thank God for saving you.

I think for one to increase their chances of not dying in an automobile accident in Nigeria is to have your car instead of entrusting your precious life in the hands of reckless commercial drivers in Nigeria who care little about their lives, much less that of their passengers.

If you travel in your car, while driving carefully, your chances of dying in an accident is drastically reduced. Alas, not everyone can afford a car.
Re: How God Saved My Life On Saturday by Jerrypolo(m): 11:03am On Jun 27, 2016
hardbody:

Seriously the brakes were bad from the onset and you guys drove all the way from Abuja to Lokoja? This is not correct my brother. It is possible the brakes were not in a perfect state not such that it could not drive at all. I am not saying it did not happen but that claim of yours that the brakes were bad all through is not entirely correct, it only got worse as the journey progressed.
We didn't know, it was until the incident occurred that the driver told us what happened between he and his manager that made him drive all the way from Abuja with a bad brake..
Re: How God Saved My Life On Saturday by Samoo4christ(m): 11:03am On Jun 27, 2016
All well and gud. Halleluyah 2d LORD.
Re: How God Saved My Life On Saturday by M4gunners: 11:04am On Jun 27, 2016
God is wonderful. Accident is not our potion in Jesus name Amen.
Re: How God Saved My Life On Saturday by miqos02(m): 11:05am On Jun 27, 2016
thank God
Re: How God Saved My Life On Saturday by Kgdavid(m): 11:06am On Jun 27, 2016
Jerrypolo:

Please tell me you have commenced plans to file a lawsuit or turn this into a public relations nightmare for that company?? Come one bro!! more innocent lives are at stake here so why are you shielding them??

What sort of country are we living in? Someone almost killed you through gross negligence, in fact i believe this is what the lawyers might call criminal negligence and you cannot act like a responsible citizen by taking the appropriate steps to bring them to book?

This country needs prayers.
Re: How God Saved My Life On Saturday by danielo100: 11:06am On Jun 27, 2016
delishpot:
Driver was on high speed and you we're enjoying it now you know that when people say speed kills, they we're not telling you lies.
That driver needs to be beaten to a pulp. He knew the brakes we're bad yet he was speeding like there was no tomorrow?
Speed kills people. Drive with sense and care ESP on Naija roads.
I just feel sorry for people who get involved in accidents because of the carelessness of drivers and their padsangers who do not mind the carelessness of their drivers. Imagine if there was a car going jejely on that lane the bus diverted to. Wouldn't that have been stupid implication for the innocent people in the second car?
bros i wonder oo

1 Like

Re: How God Saved My Life On Saturday by Blackfire(m): 11:08am On Jun 27, 2016
freecocoa:
I guess all those other people that have died in road accidents deserved it then, since you are so special that god couldn't help but save you, must everything be linked to this una God sef? Na wa o.

Your driver was on high speed and you were enjoying it, instead of cautioning him, you see your life?

Good thing you are alive, next time, tell the driver to drive carefully, that works better than screaming some jewish name.

Jewish na,me like JESUS?
Re: How God Saved My Life On Saturday by Jerrypolo(m): 11:08am On Jun 27, 2016
okay everyone, I didn't want to post the name of the company because of interest of the company..... Well the name of the transport company is BIG JOE VENTURES
Re: How God Saved My Life On Saturday by Jerrypolo(m): 11:14am On Jun 27, 2016
egariyi:
To prevent this type of crime in future, you should have mentioned the company name. By so doing, Road Safety can be involved. I really doubt this your story ;

Oh really??.... U think I will joke or lie with my life just to make front page.... My life is too expensive to joke with oo
Re: How God Saved My Life On Saturday by carlleung(m): 11:22am On Jun 27, 2016
Jerrypolo:
okay everyone, I didn't want to post the name of the company because of interest of the company..... Well the name of the transport company is BIG JOE VENTURES
now u come bro,cos it was wicked of the manager to send out the driver on a suicide mission like that. Anyways thank God for saving u all.
Re: How God Saved My Life On Saturday by udorwhite(m): 11:25am On Jun 27, 2016
What a wonderful God
Re: How God Saved My Life On Saturday by WIZGUY69(m): 11:58am On Jun 27, 2016
Jerrypolo:

Bro! Permit me to say : You are a fool.
Imagine. After finding out that the manager of the driver threatened to fire the driver if he did'nt use the vehicle like that. He would be fired, You still have the guts and the audacity to type "named withheld". So what if the man isn't lucky next time? I won't say much though.
Re: How God Saved My Life On Saturday by ijebu2020: 11:58am On Jun 27, 2016
ThankGod for saving u guys..but next time when a driver is driving at high speed try caution him so if anythng goes wrong the effects will be minimal
Re: How God Saved My Life On Saturday by Nobody: 12:15pm On Jun 27, 2016
OP first of all, I sincerely thank God for your life.

But honestly, I am very disappointed you for some strange reasons, decided to withhold the name of the company in question.

Incase you don't know, more than a staggering 60% road accidents on our roads happen as a result of negligence. You have also collaborated this in your original post.

Now, it still beats my imagination why you chose to with hold the name of the company involved. By so doing, you have given the company, and so many others, a thumbs up, there by, endangering the lives of many prospective road users.

Honestly, if I were a law enforcement officer, i'd get you arrested for being an accomplice in the same crime you've reported, for with holding vital information angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Are Alcoholic Drinks Allowed To Be Sold At Motor-Parks, Bus Stops, Etc? / Air Peace, Emirates, Turkish Airlines To Launch Flights From Port Harcourt / COVID-19: FG To Withhold Passports Of Travellers To Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.