Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,399 members, 7,781,152 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 09:52 AM

Is There Any Sense In Paying For Ringback Tones (caller Tunes)? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Is There Any Sense In Paying For Ringback Tones (caller Tunes)? (8520 Views)

With True Caller, Is Our Privacy Really Secure? / How To Reveal Any Hidden Caller Identity(private Number) On Your Phone. / Why Is It That People No Longer Care About Changing Ring Tones? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is There Any Sense In Paying For Ringback Tones (caller Tunes)? by BizLifeE: 1:14am On Jun 27, 2016
A ringback tone (RBT, alternatively ringing tone) is an audible indication that is heard by the originator of a telephone call while the destination being called is ringing. It is normally a repeated tone, designed to assure the calling party that the called party's line is ringing, although the ring-back tone may be out of sync with the ringing signal? (source: Wikipedia).

We complain of poverty, yet we pay for caller tunes. What’s the benefit in paying for what I can’t hear, but which someone else will hear?

They can’t pay school fees. They can’t pay house rent. They can’t feed themselves regularly. They can’t afford to buy a phone on their own (unless someone buys it for them); yet they pay for callers tunes.

The number of corporate/professional beggars is increasing in geometrical progression, yet some of them pay for callers tunes.

Many girls can’t afford to load recharge cards. They rely on those mumus called boyfriends to send them cards regularly, only to use part of it for regular caller tunes.

People say the cost is cheap, but service providers make billions of naira from our stupidity. They know our weakness and they rip us off with it.

I’ve called many countries overseas, full of people who are far better off than us, I’ve never heard of a single ringback tone; yet most of them are OK. Why are we vainglorious in Nigeria? Why do we tend to focus on something that doesn’t make sense?

We complain of economic hardships, hard times, joblessness, etc… but we waste money on what can’t bring any tangible value to our life, that we can easily live without.

Is there any sense in paying for ringback tones (caller tunes)?

Neteller here: www..com.ng

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is There Any Sense In Paying For Ringback Tones (caller Tunes)? by DTalented(m): 1:28am On Jun 27, 2016
I tire oo. In fact, to me RBT is absolute nonsense.
Someone will tell you he/she doesn't have airtime to call or even flash you but they suscribe to RBT every 2wks.

What annoys me most is that mtn would keep disturbing with pop up whenever you dial a number or they just deduct your money and forcefully suscribe you to caller tune you never asked for and when you complain, they tell you that either you or someone mistakenly suscribed with your number.
I know Someone will say "what is #50" but if you know how much money they (netwk providers ) make daily from that few seconds rubbish song that your caller does not even enjoy,......

I see no sense in it bro.

24 Likes

Re: Is There Any Sense In Paying For Ringback Tones (caller Tunes)? by Harkindeylee(m): 1:28am On Jun 27, 2016
NO

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is There Any Sense In Paying For Ringback Tones (caller Tunes)? by braine(m): 1:57am On Jun 27, 2016
Its just 50 naira, biko. Are you that broke? Besides, did they put a gun to your head to subscribe??

The 'nonsense' is somebody's idea that is generating millions. I think you should work on your own creative process.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is There Any Sense In Paying For Ringback Tones (caller Tunes)? by lekjons(m): 1:58am On Jun 27, 2016
i just realized it's nonsense the moment i see the name of this thread.. lol.
their juju has stopped working..

7 Likes

Re: Is There Any Sense In Paying For Ringback Tones (caller Tunes)? by ewizard1: 2:42am On Jun 27, 2016
braine:
Its just 50 naira, biko. Are you that broke? Besides, did they put a gun to your head to subscribe??

The 'nonsense' is somebody's idea that is generating millions. I think you should work on your own creative process.

45 Likes

Re: Is There Any Sense In Paying For Ringback Tones (caller Tunes)? by Code45: 3:17am On Jun 27, 2016
Who caller tunes epp?

5 Likes

Re: Is There Any Sense In Paying For Ringback Tones (caller Tunes)? by Alhajipablo(m): 4:55am On Jun 27, 2016
No be everybody dey subscribe,na all these mumu mtn and airtel that will force u to subscribe and deduct your money.

9 Likes

Re: Is There Any Sense In Paying For Ringback Tones (caller Tunes)? by Nobody: 7:12am On Jun 27, 2016
who cares

4 Likes

Re: Is There Any Sense In Paying For Ringback Tones (caller Tunes)? by truthspeaks: 7:12am On Jun 27, 2016
NO. Till date I still don't get d essence of the ringback tones.

2 Likes

Re: Is There Any Sense In Paying For Ringback Tones (caller Tunes)? by vizkiz: 7:13am On Jun 27, 2016
To copy this tune press 11.

You have what It takes to be better
You have what it takes to be smarter
Everything you need within your reach it can be better with MTN...

What the furck do you expect me to enjoy while listening to that shiit? undecided

14 Likes

Re: Is There Any Sense In Paying For Ringback Tones (caller Tunes)? by Femich18(m): 7:13am On Jun 27, 2016
The matter tire me o...callers tune rubbish. I can never subscribe to that nonsense even when I was told to subscribe for a month Free of charge...The most annoying issue is when a friend told me to send her card for her callers tunes.. What nonsense!!!

5 Likes

Re: Is There Any Sense In Paying For Ringback Tones (caller Tunes)? by jejemanito: 7:13am On Jun 27, 2016
The Most Painful One Is When You Load 100 Naira To Suscribe For MB And Fiam The Witches And Wizards At MTN Will Instantly Suck 50 Bucks Off Your Credit

2 Likes

Re: Is There Any Sense In Paying For Ringback Tones (caller Tunes)? by demarc001: 7:14am On Jun 27, 2016
In all my years using phone, even with my 3 lines I have Never subscribed to that thing. These little things make network providers mess up more with ones line.

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Sense In Paying For Ringback Tones (caller Tunes)? by omolola15(m): 7:14am On Jun 27, 2016
The 50 naira is not my problem, but why will 1 mumu network go and put 1 stewpid sing I hate on my caller tunes and deduct my money without my blessing. That's cooperate stealing. Every time i cancel it they'll subscribe me again. Someone will start shouting 7777 is a number on my phone. Mtchwwwwww

I called and i told the lady that picked to remove me or I dump their useless line.

But I know I Saburi that'll willingly dash mtn 50 naira on any dbanj's songs. And he's happney65
Re: Is There Any Sense In Paying For Ringback Tones (caller Tunes)? by truthspeaks: 7:14am On Jun 27, 2016
Chai! So all that he said no still enter ur head.
braine:

18 Likes

Re: Is There Any Sense In Paying For Ringback Tones (caller Tunes)? by Sard(m): 7:15am On Jun 27, 2016
It's just nonsense.
The worse part is that the network providers are the ones that will do it for you.
On another thing, who else notices how MTN brings a kind of class 0 SMS that shows up when you're busy with your phone and if you mistakenly press 'yes', your credit will be deducted. You're not even expected to send any text or think about it. Is that really not scam? Shouldn't that be prohibited!? MTN na thief.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is There Any Sense In Paying For Ringback Tones (caller Tunes)? by GoldenJAT(m): 7:16am On Jun 27, 2016
it makes no sense.... absolutely no sense....
Re: Is There Any Sense In Paying For Ringback Tones (caller Tunes)? by illuminada: 7:17am On Jun 27, 2016
Harkindeylee:
NO

Hahaha....I like this concise and somewhat agreeable answer smiley

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Sense In Paying For Ringback Tones (caller Tunes)? by vizkiz: 7:18am On Jun 27, 2016
lalasticlahla:
op.....seriously... It has benefits.......

isn't it suppose to be lalasticlala? Why are you duplicating his name

2 Likes

Re: Is There Any Sense In Paying For Ringback Tones (caller Tunes)? by Viktor1983(m): 7:19am On Jun 27, 2016
I Doesn't make any sense, I've never paid for one, I prefer me or any caller to hear the regular "dooh dooh" on a call.
But that stuff generates money oo,for telcos and artists, so it's not entirely useless.
Re: Is There Any Sense In Paying For Ringback Tones (caller Tunes)? by omolola15(m): 7:20am On Jun 27, 2016
truthspeaks:
Chai! So all that he said no still enter ur head.

Some people too dey form. No mind am
Re: Is There Any Sense In Paying For Ringback Tones (caller Tunes)? by SurewayBookings: 7:21am On Jun 27, 2016
No sense in my opinion.

Meanwhile if you are visiting Lagos and you need an affordable but classic and secured Hotel to lodge, give me a call with the number on my signature to help you make your reservations at no cost. Avoid coming to Lagos only to find out that the hotel you had in mind is already filled up.

If you also need airport shuttle services or flight bookings call the number in my signature.

Sureway Bookings is always there for you.
Re: Is There Any Sense In Paying For Ringback Tones (caller Tunes)? by omolola15(m): 7:21am On Jun 27, 2016
braine:

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa some people can form for Africa.
Re: Is There Any Sense In Paying For Ringback Tones (caller Tunes)? by chimauga(m): 7:22am On Jun 27, 2016
In china ring back tones is free, just that u don't chose any music for urself, I ve never subscribed to RBT, it is stealing on network provider side and stupidity on subscribers
Re: Is There Any Sense In Paying For Ringback Tones (caller Tunes)? by wayne4loan: 7:24am On Jun 27, 2016
Ringback tune is one of the greatest scam been orchestrated by telecommunication companies .... U expect me to pay for a shitty tune that plays for few seconds , when I can download the complete tune free of charge ?

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Sense In Paying For Ringback Tones (caller Tunes)? by vizkiz: 7:24am On Jun 27, 2016
lalasticlahla:

Victor.....stay out of this undecided
oh, it's you? grin
Lol... Payback right? grin
Re: Is There Any Sense In Paying For Ringback Tones (caller Tunes)? by Ghost447(m): 7:24am On Jun 27, 2016
Absolutely, no
Re: Is There Any Sense In Paying For Ringback Tones (caller Tunes)? by zionwinn(m): 7:26am On Jun 27, 2016
Let us be sincere who caller tune EPP

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Wait! Before You Buy The Techno Pouvoir 2 (LA7) Phone / My Experience Using Tecno, After Using Samsung For 9years. / Tecno mobile ends the year 2015 with a BANG!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.