Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,538 members, 7,808,979 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:21 PM

Inquiry: Who Has A Skoda Octavia? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Inquiry: Who Has A Skoda Octavia? (3306 Views)

Skoda Mocks Elon’s Tesla Launch In TV Ad As It Sends A Car To Mars-A Tiny Ville / 2019 Skoda Fabia Revealed (photo And Details) / 6 Millionth Skoda Octavia Produced. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Inquiry: Who Has A Skoda Octavia? by usedcardealerph(m): 5:59am On Jun 27, 2016
skoda fans in the house.....can anyone give a substantial review of this skoda octavia. I tried searching google for reviews especially from nigerian users i found none. Who can help Thanks
Re: Inquiry: Who Has A Skoda Octavia? by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:25am On Jun 27, 2016
a regular cartalk person has a diesel version. He should be here soon.
Re: Inquiry: Who Has A Skoda Octavia? by 9icetoo(m): 10:43am On Jun 27, 2016
which year and engine variant are you curious about op? Gazzuzz u no well. lol
Re: Inquiry: Who Has A Skoda Octavia? by usedcardealerph(m): 11:01am On Jun 27, 2016
9icetoo:
which year and engine variant are you curious about op? Gazzuzz u no well. lol

2000 model and i am not familiar with the engine variant but it is a petrol engine.

i just love the car but i need a short and conscise review

was told it has a volkswagen engine and uses volkswagen parts.

Re: Inquiry: Who Has A Skoda Octavia? by 9icetoo(m): 2:29pm On Jun 27, 2016
I know someone who used one and he absolutely hated it. was in and out of the mechanic. however I see some around pH but don't know if they still have their original engines in them. the pix u posted looks like the facelift of that model. before u buy that car make sure u scan. it is a Volkswagen and comes with Volkswagen problems (electrical issues). if you spot wires snaking around the engine bay or burnt fuse box, flee. check the wires that run under the carpet close to the drivers side, make sure it is free of corrosion. if its an auto, test drive extensively before parting with your money.
things you may replace regularly when u buy the car are mostly electrical motors like glass and wiper motors as well as door actuators.
its a slow car by the way.

1 Like

Re: Inquiry: Who Has A Skoda Octavia? by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:12pm On Jun 27, 2016
usedcardealerph:
skoda fans in the house.....can anyone give a substantial review of this skoda octavia. I tried searching google for reviews especially from nigerian users i found none. Who can help Thanks

that's him up there, I knew skodas had issues, but I don't want to say 1 thing, while my Ogas at the top will say another. grin

5 Likes

Re: Inquiry: Who Has A Skoda Octavia? by chukel(m): 3:05pm On Jun 28, 2016
9icetoo:
I know someone who used one and he absolutely hated it. was in and out of the mechanic. however I see some around pH but don't know if they still have their original engines in them. the pix u posted looks like the facelift of that model. before u buy that car make sure u scan. it is a Volkswagen and comes with Volkswagen problems (electrical issues). if you spot wires snaking around the engine bay or burnt fuse box, flee. check the wires that run under the carpet close to the drivers side, make sure it is free of corrosion. if its an auto, test drive extensively before parting with your money.
things you may replace regularly when u buy the car are mostly electrical motors like glass and wiper motors as well as door actuators.
9icetoo, don't tell me u dumped that girl. R u really saying u kn sm1 who dated her? Thought u enjoyed the diesel engine. Is our camry back?
Re: Inquiry: Who Has A Skoda Octavia? by Nobody: 3:58pm On Jun 28, 2016
My colleagues used skoda and they were frequent visitors to mechanics. Let me stop here.

1 Like

Re: Inquiry: Who Has A Skoda Octavia? by sledge001(m): 5:20pm On Jun 28, 2016
9icetoo:
I used a 2000 Skoda 1.6i and it's a fabulous ride. Doesn't have much issues.
@9icetoo the car is not slow jare. Mine had a small engine 1.6i and yet was quite fast.

1 Like

Re: Inquiry: Who Has A Skoda Octavia? by usedcardealerph(m): 9:30am On Jun 29, 2016
sledge001:

I used a 2000 Skoda 1.6i and it's a fabulous ride. Doesn't have much issues.
@9icetoo the car is not slow jare. Mine had a small engine 1.6i and yet was quite fast.

this turned out hopeful wink
Re: Inquiry: Who Has A Skoda Octavia? by 9icetoo(m): 7:27pm On Jun 29, 2016
the Skoda is still with me. I have the medicine for her ailments.
if u stay in pH and saw a white Skoda in a convoy pulling a hard left, with tires squealing and belching out plumes of black smoke; that's me. cheesy

not going back to the Camry any time soon.
next car would prolly be a 3.0 litre turbocharged diesel. a Volvo or beamer will do.
u call a 1.6 litre Skoda fast?
what will you do in a Skoda superb or vrs? you will prolly have an argasm. lol.
0-100 in 13 seconds. that's painfully slow.
if you have a good mechanic who can use diagnostic tools and is good with a test light and multimeter, you will enjoy the Skoda (volks) cars. if you try a kazeem who succeeds with trial and error on a Toyota, ur Skoda will spend half its life in a mechanic workshop and will drill a Olympic sized hole in ur wallet.

2 Likes

Re: Inquiry: Who Has A Skoda Octavia? by usedcardealerph(m): 2:33pm On Jun 30, 2016
9icetoo:
the Skoda is still with me. I have the medicine for her ailments.
if u stay in pH and saw a white Skoda in a convoy pulling a hard left, with tires squealing and belching out plumes of black smoke; that's me. cheesy

not going back to the Camry any time soon.
next car would prolly be a 3.0 litre turbocharged diesel. a Volvo or beamer will do.
u call a 1.6 litre Skoda fast?
what will you do in a Skoda superb or vrs? you will prolly have an argasm. lol.
0-100 in 13 seconds. that's painfully slow.
if you have a good mechanic who can use diagnostic tools and is good with a test light and multimeter, you will enjoy the Skoda (volks) cars. if you try a kazeem who succeeds with trial and error on a Toyota, ur Skoda will spend half its life in a mechanic workshop and will drill a Olympic sized hole in ur wallet.

if i may ask where can i see genuine skoda parts in ph??
Re: Inquiry: Who Has A Skoda Octavia? by 9icetoo(m): 9:27pm On Jul 02, 2016
Ikoku is your best bet. pm me for contacts of some sellers. most people who sell Volkswagen parts will have Skoda parts as well.
having a sample will help. note that what u will find is mostly used parts.
Re: Inquiry: Who Has A Skoda Octavia? by usedcardealerph(m): 7:22pm On Jul 04, 2016
9icetoo:
Ikoku is your best bet. pm me for contacts of some sellers. most people who sell Volkswagen parts will have Skoda parts as well.
having a sample will help. note that what u will find is mostly used parts.

i am new on nairaland...i tried looking out 4 d avenue 2 send d pm but couldnt find it.....pls send me the contacts. Much appreciated bro. I'll be disturbing u more since u are a proud skoda user coz its my first personal car(lol)
Re: Inquiry: Who Has A Skoda Octavia? by 9icetoo(m): 11:31pm On Jul 04, 2016
usedcardealerph:

i am new on nairaland...i tried looking out 4 d avenue 2 send d pm but couldnt find it.....pls send me the contacts. Much appreciated bro. I'll be disturbing u more since u are a proud skoda user coz its my first personal car(lol)
Re: Inquiry: Who Has A Skoda Octavia? by Nobody: 1:48pm On Jul 08, 2016
2000-2005 Very reliable, the vehicle shares the parts with the passat and jetta.

same engine, dashboard just the badge that's different.

The skoda is more affordable compared to the jetta and passat. Its a poor mans version of the passat.

1 Like

Re: Inquiry: Who Has A Skoda Octavia? by usedcardealerph(m): 2:47pm On Jul 08, 2016
kaeforum:
2000-2005 Very reliable, the vehicle shares the parts with the passat and jetta.

same engine, dashboard just the badge that's different.

The skoda is more affordable compared to the jetta and passat. Its a poor mans version of the passat.

quite uplifting....are you a proud owner??
Re: Inquiry: Who Has A Skoda Octavia? by Nobody: 2:29pm On Jul 11, 2016
usedcardealerph:

quite uplifting....are you a proud owner??

ex owner. smiley
Re: Inquiry: Who Has A Skoda Octavia? by usedcardealerph(m): 4:09pm On Jul 11, 2016
kaeforum:

ex owner. smiley

why'd you let yours go??
Re: Inquiry: Who Has A Skoda Octavia? by Nobody: 3:31pm On Jul 12, 2016
usedcardealerph:

why'd you let yours go??

I can only keep 2 vehicles at a time. This is buhari era grin

1 Like

Re: Inquiry: Who Has A Skoda Octavia? by usedcardealerph(m): 9:10pm On Jul 12, 2016
kaeforum:

I can only keep 2 vehicles at a time. This is buhari era grin
lol.....ok
Re: Inquiry: Who Has A Skoda Octavia? by ikechialex1(m): 11:23pm On May 18, 2023
Can I have a good skoda mechanic in Ph?
Re: Inquiry: Who Has A Skoda Octavia? by 9icetoo(m): 7:06am On May 19, 2023
ikechialex1:
Can I have a good skoda mechanic in Ph?
Any Volkswagen mechanic who works on modern Volkswagens will do.

Skoda is basically a Volkswagen in a different body.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Lexus GS350 Stiff Steering Wheel / My Car Tries To Lose Balance Wen I Accelerate Hard / Presently Looking @ Honda City 09/10 Model, Any Advise Plzzz 9ira'land

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.