Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,035 members, 7,807,096 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:29 AM

~ Housekeeping:Share Tips On Chores You Enjoy Doing! ~ - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / ~ Housekeeping:Share Tips On Chores You Enjoy Doing! ~ (3161 Views)

5 Masculine Chores I Did As A Female Child. / What Are Those House Chores That You Dont Like Doing? / What To Do When Your Husband Won’t Help With House Chores (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

~ Housekeeping:Share Tips On Chores You Enjoy Doing! ~ by mohawkchic(f): 4:15am On Sep 04, 2009
~An Attempt To Reply On The topic "Most Hated Chores" Got Me Going On About Chores I DO Enjoy Doing. . .When I Finished Typing,I Realised My Reply Wud Be Better Suited On A "Favourite House Chore"[/b]topic. . .A Quick Search Yeilded No Results & I Was Surprised Not To Find Any!! SoO Here I Am Prompted To Start One & Really Find Out If There's Really No Love For Housekeeping! Most Of All,I Wud Very Much Like For Us To Share Our Experinces, Ideas,Tips On  Housekeeping Skills!

~If You Love Housekeeping,Any Aspect Of Housekeeping,Then Tell Us All About It. . .If You've Got Any Tips On

[b]~Time Management Or Time Saving Ideas :How To Get Some Chores Done w/o The Hassle
~Organisation Skills :"How To's" On How To Work Around Your Schedules,Clutter Control,Storage Issues
~Product Reviews: Recommend Products That Works Better On Spills/Stains,Homemade Cleaning products,
~Uses O f Some Natural Household Items That Gives Better Result

~Please Share. . .Ta  kiss

~For All The "I Hate Housechores" Replies,Divert to. . . . grin

Your Most Hated Household Chore?

nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-11426.0.html
Re: ~ Housekeeping:Share Tips On Chores You Enjoy Doing! ~ by mohawkchic(f): 4:28am On Sep 04, 2009
~I love Housekeeping! To some people it might be a chore but to me it's much more than a chore!! I prefered not doing any for the better part of my Teenage/Adult Single life! Becoming a Mummy however changed all that. . .I put my back  into it proper. . . If i have to say so myself i think me's got a lil bit of OCD going on w/ chores. . i over-indulge in certain chores & i take absoute pleasure in doing so! I dont do it b/c i have to,i do it b/c i Love doing it!

~Every Other Saturday is my Cleaning Day. . . I make a day of it too. . my fav CD's will be blasting from the Stereo,i sing out loud,Hum or dance to the tunes! I enjoy it. . i have a laff. . .Time flies quick when you make the most of it! Some chores can be very good excercise routine!!! eg Cleaning the Windows, Mirrors in clockwise & anti clockwise motions works the muscles in the upper arm. . . the only benefit i'll get from ironing however will be one-arm-boxer-muscles. . grin

~I can Not stand unironed clothes. . . rumpled baby clothes dont look cute either. . It started off as something to do while baby napped. . .7yrs later i'm still at it & loving every moment of it. . Boxers,Vests,Jeans & all cheesy

~Now i cannot think of any aspect of Housekeeping/chores i hate at all!! I sometimes dont get my facination w/ my routine of doing some chores. . . I also Love Doing DIY Interior Decorations every Year in one room at least cheesy
Re: ~ Housekeeping:Share Tips On Chores You Enjoy Doing! ~ by Sissy3(f): 4:50am On Sep 04, 2009
once i put on my daisy shorts and T.Shirt with music playing, oh baby, am off to work! with this it really gets easy for me and i finish it in no time! this really works well with the sweeping/cleaning/scrubbing/laundry etc.

the natural ones i use are mainly vinegar, lemon juice and they cleans very well smell nice too! and you cant forget baking soda. works wonders!

for the clutters when i start with them, i usually sort them out by those i plan to keep, those i will trash, straight to dustbin and those i will possibly give away. i have those organize boxes, and bags

1 Like

Re: ~ Housekeeping:Share Tips On Chores You Enjoy Doing! ~ by mohawkchic(f): 5:11am On Sep 04, 2009
~I hear you on the DS ~Sissy~ wink If i have new shoes to break in,i'll have them on while doing bits & Bobs around the house. . it has become part of my routine. . .

~I love using Lemons/Lemon Juice for cleaning My Kitchen Surfaces,Chopping Baords,Sinks,Minor stains on my sons clothes. . not only for its fresh zingy smell but b/c its Natural! Its good for limescale too. . will be posting some tips when i log on l8r. . my eyes are getting lazy. . time to doze off. . .
Re: ~ Housekeeping:Share Tips On Chores You Enjoy Doing! ~ by xpatyf: 1:19pm On Sep 04, 2009
Wow! ladies I must laud you for I never ever thought that there'd be guys out there who actually enjoy house keeping. I absolutely abhore it!. Don't get me wrong, I clean everyday, thoroughly clean once a wk but men, I absolutely hate it!

Having said that,  I tend to do what sisssy does esp  when I thoroughly clean on saturdays, my music will be on and if am in the mood i'll do it with a glass of wine too! ha
Re: ~ Housekeeping:Share Tips On Chores You Enjoy Doing! ~ by Nobody: 2:08pm On Sep 04, 2009
I love cooking. No matter what I'm making its never stress for me. I could spend a whole day in the kitchen making dishes after dishes and still not feel like I'm doing any work!!

I also love ironing!! I hate washing though. cheesy
Re: ~ Housekeeping:Share Tips On Chores You Enjoy Doing! ~ by Nobody: 3:02pm On Sep 04, 2009
Nice topic!! grin

I absolutely love cooking, it's a hobby rather than a chore for me!!
Every other thing, I do because I have to!!
Re: ~ Housekeeping:Share Tips On Chores You Enjoy Doing! ~ by sesman(m): 4:16pm On Sep 04, 2009
i love eating and watching sports on tv grin that chore i can do anyday grin or am i off topic
Re: ~ Housekeeping:Share Tips On Chores You Enjoy Doing! ~ by denony(m): 4:25pm On Sep 04, 2009
@Sesman without been told, u are off topic
Re: ~ Housekeeping:Share Tips On Chores You Enjoy Doing! ~ by denony(m): 4:27pm On Sep 04, 2009
I also love ironing!! I hate washing though.
@ Ujujoan

mhhhhhhnn then who will do the washing
Re: ~ Housekeeping:Share Tips On Chores You Enjoy Doing! ~ by Fhemmmy: 4:27pm On Sep 04, 2009
Ironing
Re: ~ Housekeeping:Share Tips On Chores You Enjoy Doing! ~ by rubi(f): 4:30pm On Sep 04, 2009
Ujujoan:

I love cooking. No matter what I'm making its never stress for me. I could spend a whole day in the kitchen making dishes after dishes and still not feel like I'm doing any work!!
Me tooooooooooooooooooooooooo maybe be that is why I hardly enjoy somebody else food. It is more or less a hobby
Re: ~ Housekeeping:Share Tips On Chores You Enjoy Doing! ~ by segsmat(m): 4:47pm On Sep 04, 2009
Whao! Ladies, i love this your method of listening to music while doing house chores. Wonderful solution to feeling stressful or bored doing house chores.

For me, I Love ironing. I can iron a whole wardrobe of clothes but to wash one, i gotta have been strategising the easiest way possible to do that about 4 days ahead grin . Lazy me, that's why i prefer detergents to tablet soap when i want to wash, works faster! wink

One more thing, I love to cook mehn. I see it as an hobby. But i dont cook everywhere sha. I only cook in standard kitchens where i wont have to keep squatting or climbing looking for some hidden materials. grin
Re: ~ Housekeeping:Share Tips On Chores You Enjoy Doing! ~ by Nobody: 4:49pm On Sep 04, 2009
Haaaaaa, I don't enjoy doing it but it has to be done. cry
Re: ~ Housekeeping:Share Tips On Chores You Enjoy Doing! ~ by OvieE: 4:52pm On Sep 04, 2009
Using computer and watching television but most of all, I love to cook, and like to to work to make my co-worker smile including our clients.
Re: ~ Housekeeping:Share Tips On Chores You Enjoy Doing! ~ by sley4life(m): 5:30pm On Sep 04, 2009
arranging the bed
Re: ~ Housekeeping:Share Tips On Chores You Enjoy Doing! ~ by denony(m): 5:36pm On Sep 04, 2009
@Sley4live

Arranging for who and for what grin
Why not try other chores shocked
Re: ~ Housekeeping:Share Tips On Chores You Enjoy Doing! ~ by rosepearl(f): 5:47pm On Sep 04, 2009
love to cook,do some scrubing,don't really like washing dishes only if dey are of the same patterns, i hate washing and ironing, but don't like seeing rumpled cloths.
Re: ~ Housekeeping:Share Tips On Chores You Enjoy Doing! ~ by nellaluv(f): 6:12pm On Sep 04, 2009
I hate doing chores,nt dat i'm dirty or anything.But when i start i do it thoroughly.From doing d dishes,cleanin d house,bathroom,2 sweeping d whole compound,God 2 stressful.I hate ironin especially shirts,no matter hw hard i try sm parts just doesn't get smooth,even with starch,i prefer using sponge & water 2 iron grin grin tongue. Oh cookin is compulsory 4 me since i'm d only girl in d house angry
Re: ~ Housekeeping:Share Tips On Chores You Enjoy Doing! ~ by MrCrackles(m): 6:20pm On Sep 04, 2009
I enjoy cleaning. . . .
I cant stand dirt. . . .
Cooking is about the best bit i enjoy the most. . . I love whipping up tasty dishes as well as experimenting! tongue
Re: ~ Housekeeping:Share Tips On Chores You Enjoy Doing! ~ by nellaluv(f): 6:27pm On Sep 04, 2009
cheesy Mrcrackles
Re: ~ Housekeeping:Share Tips On Chores You Enjoy Doing! ~ by MrCrackles(m): 6:36pm On Sep 04, 2009
nellaluv:

cheesy Mrcrackles
Nella wink cheesy
Re: ~ Housekeeping:Share Tips On Chores You Enjoy Doing! ~ by nellaluv(f): 7:01pm On Sep 04, 2009
MrCrackles r u in Nigeria or d UK.Just asking.
Re: ~ Housekeeping:Share Tips On Chores You Enjoy Doing! ~ by mohawkchic(f): 7:30pm On Sep 04, 2009
segsmat:

For me, I Love ironing. I can iron a whole wardrobe of clothes

Fhemmmy:

Ironing

denony:

I also love ironing!!

Ujujoan:

I also love ironing!!

~Whaay hay! grin Two Thumbs up guys. . .

~Ironing is one of the chores almost everyone hates,am yet to meet someone who likes ironing till now that is. . .
Re: ~ Housekeeping:Share Tips On Chores You Enjoy Doing! ~ by trekkie: 11:39pm On Sep 04, 2009
Re: ~ Housekeeping:Share Tips On Chores You Enjoy Doing! ~ by Doofan(f): 12:26am On Sep 05, 2009
well well well,i love havin sex,loads of sex,since am a housewife,i guess dats a chore right?oh yes it is.certainly.sex sex sex,gat to go,hubby s callin for round 18 for d day,
Re: ~ Housekeeping:Share Tips On Chores You Enjoy Doing! ~ by Secretz(f): 12:37am On Sep 05, 2009
I love cleaning my bathroom, toilet and kitchen. . .I believe these are the most crucial parts of one's home to tell if they are really dirty people or not. lipsrsealed

Haven't really got tips, but use gloves and soak your dishes in hot soapy water with a slice of lemon, leave it and go do other parts of the house and come back to it before using a SPONGE not just rinsing to clean it wella wella. lipsrsealed

Not bothered about ironing . . . . don't care about the creases as long as it looks presentable. tongue
Re: ~ Housekeeping:Share Tips On Chores You Enjoy Doing! ~ by Nobody: 12:38am On Sep 05, 2009
Secretz:

I love cleaning my bathroom, toilet and kitchen. . .I believe these are the most crucial parts of one's home to tell if they are really dirty people or not. lipsrsealed

Haven't really got tips, but use gloves and soak your dishes in hot soapy water with a slice of lemon, leave it and go do other parts of the house and come back to it before using a SPONGE not just rinsing to clean it wella wella. lipsrsealed

Not bothered about ironing . . . . don't care about the creases as long as it looks presentable. tongue

hmmm
Re: ~ Housekeeping:Share Tips On Chores You Enjoy Doing! ~ by Secretz(f): 12:40am On Sep 05, 2009
davidylan:

hmmm

wetin? ? tongue
Re: ~ Housekeeping:Share Tips On Chores You Enjoy Doing! ~ by Nobody: 12:45am On Sep 05, 2009
Secretz:

wetin? ? tongue

hmmm wink
Re: ~ Housekeeping:Share Tips On Chores You Enjoy Doing! ~ by mohawkchic(f): 2:04am On Sep 05, 2009
Tips On Reusing Old Toothbrushes~

•Use the toothbrush in your bathroom to clean the grotty build-up around faucets (taps) and in between tile grouting.

•It is also useful around light fittings in the bathroom where the steam and paint meet to form congealed, sticky growths.

•Use them for cleaning around the kitchen sink, including the faucets (taps) and the special sealant around the edge of the sink that prevents water leaking through.

•Old toothbrushes are useful for cleaning tools, removing small oil/grease marks off tools/benches, etc.

•If you dread that once a year external window cleaning, include a toothbrush as part of the cleaning kit. It is great for corners of panes, the runner edges of windows and any other gaps where dirt gathers in windows.

•Clean electronics: Old toothbrushes can be used to desolder electronic components if you don't have a solder "sucker". Using a soldering iron, just heat the solder joint you want to remove the solder from and then, as quickly as you can, use the toothbrush to brush the solder out of the joint and away from the component. Be sure to remove any and all of the solder you have brushed out from where it splashes in the surrounding circuit area or you can use a cloth or paper to cover the area in the direction you plan to brush the solder to act as a shield. This desoldering method works surprisingly well and you can get quite a few uses from the toothbrush before you you have to replace it due to melted bristles.

•Toothbrushes can also be useful scrubbing brushes for the dirt on potatoes and pumpkins.

•Also consider using a toothbrush to clean your keyboard and monitor. Avoid using toothbrush on LCD and other flat panel monitors as the stiff bristles will scratch the surface.

•In warm soapy water, clean between your fork tines before general cutlery washing.

•Toothbrushes are excellent for cleaning silver; they get into the crevices where nothing else can go.

•Clean mud off the bottoms of shoes. Better yet, use a toothbrush to clean any poop you might've stepped on, because you can throw it away immediately afterwards (and it'll have served a good life).

•Clean mobility scooter wheels.

•Bicycle chains.

•Jewelry - Use an old toothbrush and cheap toothpaste to polish your jewelry. Toothpaste is abrasive enough to clean and shine gold and silver very nicely.

•Inside threads of baby bottles.

•Battery terminals in a car.

•Clean your nails after gardening.

•Clean the cheese grater.

•Spot-clean laundry, upholstery, carpet.

•Can opener: Use the toothbrush to clean off any build-up around the blade.

•Electric razors.

•Before vacuuming, use a toothbrush to get accumulated dust from the corners of carpeted steps.

•Use an old toothbrush when polishing shoes to get the polish or edge dressing completely around the sole where it joins the leather of the shoe.

•Toothbrushes also can be used to clean dust from air conditioners without injuring your fingers.
Re: ~ Housekeeping:Share Tips On Chores You Enjoy Doing! ~ by chic2pimp(m): 2:07am On Sep 05, 2009
@ Mohawkchic Wot course did u study @ uni. U sure do a lot about housekeeping. Lord have mery

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is It Proper For A Wife To Pick The Husbands Call Or Vice-versa? / From Housemaid To House Wife: Woman Rejoice After She Was Upgraded To Wife / Super Clean Honda Pilot In Perfect Condition At A Give Away 950k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.