Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,794 members, 7,798,678 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:23 AM

Daily Manna — God's Abiding Concern - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Daily Manna — God's Abiding Concern (163935 Views)

Bishop (dr) Chris Kwakpovwe Of Our Daily Manna Sets Lagos Ablaze With Miracles / Daily Manna Feeding On His Word Daily 2014 / The Rapture Of Abiding Saints In Christ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (52) (Reply) (Go Down)

Daily Manna — God's Abiding Concern by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:45am On Sep 04, 2009
Daily Manna

Daily Manna sets out to provide spiritual nourishments for those who are truly committed to seeking God and walking closely with Him.  In this compendium of devotional readings are to be found gems and depths of God's riches and grace which if heartily received and obediently applied, have the capacity to transport the reader beyond the carnal realm.  So, click on the hyperlinks and enjoy this Christian journey with us.

Hurtful Imitation

Text: Deut. 18:9-14

Key Verse: "When thou art come into the land which the Lord thy God giveth thee, thou shall not learn to do after the abominations of those nations" -- Deut.18:9.

Check out  the abominations that God forbids us from imitating today.

See more at:

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Daily Manna — God's Abiding Concern by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:50am On Sep 04, 2009
Daily Manna
4 September, 2009

The Incomparable Prophet

Text: Deuteronomy 18:15-22

Key Verse: "The Lord thy God will raise up unto thee a Prophet from the midst of thee, of thy brethren, like unto me; unto him ye shall hearken." -- Deut.18:15

Muslims refers to this verse as evidence that it was talking of their prophet, could it be true? Check it out in the link above.
Re: Daily Manna — God's Abiding Concern by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:03pm On Sep 05, 2009
5 September, 2009

True Asylum In Christ

Text: Deuteronomy 19:1-10

Key verse:

"Thou shall prepare thee a way, and divide the coast of thy land, which the Lord thy God giveth thee to inherit, into three parts, that every slayer may flee thither." -- Deuteronomy 19:3

Find out where the idea of the Asylum came from in the link above.
Re: Daily Manna — God's Abiding Concern by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:38am On Sep 06, 2009
Daily Manna
6 September, 2009

God's Impartial Judgment

TEXT: EZEKIEL 18:1-18

Key verse:

"Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine: the soul that sinneth, it shall die" -- Ezekiel 18:4

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Daily Manna — God's Abiding Concern by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:27am On Sep 07, 2009
Daily Manna
Monday, September 07, 2009

Way To Salvation

TEXT: [url=http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Ezek%2018:19-32&version=KJV/]EZEKIEL 18:19-32[/url]

Key verse:

"For I have no pleasure in the death of him that dieth, saith the Lord God: wherefore turn yourselves, and live ye" -- Ezekiel 18:32

Daily Manna
Tuesday, September 08, 2009,

Lamentation of the Desolate

TEXT: EZEKIEL 19:1-14

"And fire is gone out of a rod of her braches, which hath devoured her fruit, so that she hath no strong rod to be a sceptre to rule. This is a lamentation, and shall be for a lamentation" -- Ezekiel 19:14
Re: Daily Manna — God's Abiding Concern by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:16pm On Sep 09, 2009

Rebellion and Idolatry

TEXT: EZEKIEL 20:1-9

KEY VERSE:

"Then said I unto them, Cast ye away every man the abominations of his eyes, and defile not yourselves with the idols of Egypt: I am the Lord your God. But they rebelled against me, and would not hearken unto me . . ." -- Ezekiel 20:7,8

Those that forsake the true God wander endlessly
Re: Daily Manna — God's Abiding Concern by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:08am On Sep 10, 2009
Daily Manna

Two Evils

TEXT: EZEKIEL 20:10-26

KEY VERSE:

"Nothwithstanding the children rebelled against me; they walked not in my statutes, neither kept my judgments to do them, which if a man do, he shall even live in them; they polluted my sabbaths: then I said, I would pour out my fury upon them, to accomplish my anger against them in the wilderness" Ezekiel 20:21

Disobedience and rebellion will lead to eternal doom.
Re: Daily Manna — God's Abiding Concern by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:48am On Sep 11, 2009
[shadow=red,left]Daily Manna[/shadow]
Friday, September 11, 2009

Sinful Compliance

TEXT: EZEKIEL 20:27-38

"Wherefore say unto the house of Israel, Thus saith the Lord God; Are ye poluted after the manner of your fathers? and commit ye whoredom after their abominations?" -- Ezekiel 20:30

Life without Christ is empty.
Re: Daily Manna — God's Abiding Concern by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:23am On Sep 12, 2009
Saturday, September 12, 2009

Joyous Pardon

TEXT: EZEKIEL 20:39-49

KEY VERSE: "I will accept you with your sweet savour, when I bring you out from the people, and gather you out of the countries wherein ye have been scattered; and I will be sanctified in you before the heathen." -- Ezekiel 20:41

God is always ready to receive a returnee prodigal son.
Re: Daily Manna — God's Abiding Concern by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:27am On Sep 13, 2009
Sunday, September 13, 2009

Godly Heritage

TEXT: 2 KINGS 14:1-7

KEY VERSE:

"And he did that which was right in the sight of the Lord, yet not like David his father: he did according to all things as Joash his father did" 2 Kings 14:3

Leave behind a godly heritage.
Re: Daily Manna — God's Abiding Concern by kolaxy(m): 2:41am On Sep 14, 2009
Nice one.God bless you smiley
Re: Daily Manna — God's Abiding Concern by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:18pm On Sep 14, 2009

Evil of Ungodly Success

TEXT: 2 KINGS 14:8-16

KEY VERSE

"And Judah was put to the worse before Israel; and they fled every man to their tents" -- 2 Kings 14:12

Pride goes before destruction.
Re: Daily Manna — God's Abiding Concern by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:09pm On Sep 15, 2009

Same Name, Same Nature

TEXT: 2 KINGS 14:17-28

KEY VERSE:

"In the fifteenth year of Amaziah the son of Joash king of Jeroboam the son of Joash king of Israel began to reign in Samaria, and reigned forty and one years" -- 2 Kings 14:23

Blessed are they that hear the word of God and keep it.
Re: Daily Manna — God's Abiding Concern by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:31am On Sep 16, 2009

God's Corrective Measure

TEXT: 2 KINGS 15:1-12

KEY VERSE:

"And the Lord smote the king, so that he was a leper unto the day of his death, and dwelt in a several house.  And Jotham the king's son was over the house, judging the people of the land" -- 2 Kings 15:5

The Cross humbles.
Re: Daily Manna — God's Abiding Concern by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:45pm On Sep 17, 2009

Negative Influence

TEXT: 2 KINGS 15:13-26

KEY VERSE:

"And he did that which was evil in the sight of the Lord: he departed not from the sins of Jeroboam the son of Nebat, who made Israel to sin" -- 2 Kings 15:24
Re: Daily Manna — God's Abiding Concern by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:21am On Sep 18, 2009

Wasted Years!

TEXT: 2 KINGS 15:27-38

KEY VERSE

"In the two and fiftieth year of Azariah king of Judah Pekah the son of Remaliah began to reign over Israel in Samaria, and reigned twenty years. And he did that which was evil in the sight of the LORD: he departed not from the sins of Jeroboam the son of Nebat, who made Israel to sin." -- 2 Kings 15:27,28
Re: Daily Manna — God's Abiding Concern by Image123(m): 4:44pm On Sep 18, 2009
OLAADEGBU
Thanks o my brother. I truly appreciate the feeds. God be with you
Re: Daily Manna — God's Abiding Concern by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:14am On Sep 19, 2009
Daily Manna

Dangers of Deviating From God's Will

TEXT: 2 KINGS 16:1-9

KEY VERSE

"And he sacrificed and burnt incense in the high places, and on the hills, and under every green tree." -- 2 Kings 16:4

Idolatry is sin, and the wages of sin is death.
Re: Daily Manna — God's Abiding Concern by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:17pm On Sep 20, 2009
Daily Manna

Beware of false Prophecy

TEXT: Jeremiah 28:1-9

KEY VERSE

"“And it came to pass , that Hananiah the son of Azur the prophet, spake unto me in the house of the Lord, in the presence of the priests and of all the people, saying, Thus speaketh the Lord of hosts, the God of Israel, saying, I have broken the yoke of the king of Babylon”.." -- Jeremiah 28:1,2

If wishes were the only condition to enter heaven, every sinner would be there,

1 Like

Re: Daily Manna — God's Abiding Concern by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:59pm On Sep 21, 2009
Daily Manna

False Hope

TEXT: Jeremiah 28:10-17

KEY VERSE

"Go and tell Hananiah, saying, Thus saith the Lord; Thou hast broken the yokes of wood; but thou shalt make for them yokes of iron.." -- Jeremiah 28:13

Am I a harbinger of false hope?

Excepts from the passage:
One great lesson to learn from the passage is that we must not allow ourselves to go into unnecessary argument with enemies of God. Whenever they make light of the word of God we must leave them to God. Jeremiah left everything to God and walked away.

1 Like

Re: Daily Manna — God's Abiding Concern by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:22pm On Sep 22, 2009
kolaxy:

Nice one.God bless you smiley

Image123:

OLAADEGBU
Thanks o my brother. I truly appreciate the feeds. God be with you

God bless you indeed, my fellow soldiers in Christ. Blessed is he who's delight is in the Law of the LORD, and meditates in it day and night. -- Psalm 1:2
Re: Daily Manna — God's Abiding Concern by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:23pm On Sep 22, 2009
Daily Manna

Making The Best of a Bad Situation

TEXT: Jeremiah 29:1-9

KEY VERSE

"Thus saith the Lord of hosts, the God of Israel, unto all that are carried away captives, Build ye houses, and dwell in them; and plant gardens, and eat the fruit of them; Take ye wives, and beget sons and daughters, " -- Jeremiah 29:4-6

Examine your ways.

The Almighty, the Omniscient, the Omnipotent and Omnipresent God created this world and He is in full control of its affairs. Some peddlers of erroneous doctrine posit that there is no God, others opine that after creating the world, he abandoned the world to run on its own steam. But we know that He is fully in charge. Because sons of men may not be able to fathom Him as a result of their finite mind, there are lots of misconceptions, misrepresentations and misunderstanding..
Re: Daily Manna — God's Abiding Concern by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:40am On Sep 23, 2009
Daily Manna

A Message of Hope

TEXT: Jeremiah 29:10-19

KEY VERSE

"For thus saith the Lord, That after seventy years be accomplished at Babylon I will visit you, and perform my good word toward you, in causing you to return to this place. For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end” -- Jeremiah 29:10,11

You relinquish the desire to control your future, you obtain: happiness.

God knows the thoughts He thinks toward us and His thoughts are the only ones that count for He knows what tomorrow holds for us. It makes no difference what other people think of us.  His plan is towards our eternal happiness. Desiring to know what God thinks of us is all we should be concerned with. Too often we get caught up in other people’s opinions of us while we neglect the one opinion that matters..
Re: Daily Manna — God's Abiding Concern by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:37am On Sep 24, 2009
Daily Manna

The Damning Fate of False Prophets

TEXT: JEREMIAH 29:20-32

KEY VERSE:

"Send to all them of the captivity, saying, Thus saith the Lord concerning Shemaiah the Nehelamite; Because that Shemaiah hath prophesied unto you, and I sent him not, and he caused you to trust in a lie: Therefore thus saith the Lord; Behold, I will punish Shemaiah . . . " (Jeremiah 29:31,32).

A local church pastor, afraid that his congregation was depleting recanted what he had said about proper Christian marriage when the elders of his church mostly polygamist threatened they would leave his church.  He now told his congregation that heaven would not shut its doors against polygamist, thereby cancelling what he had earlier preached.  Then when a journalist of an evening newspaper interviewed him the next day he muttered incoherently he did so to please the elders and stop them from leaving the church.

The above local pastor is in the mold of Shemaiah the false prophet in our text.  The LORD had made a pronouncement concerning prophets who prophesied lies to the people, including Ahab and Zedekiah (those are different from the kings who bore the same names).  Shemaiah in his unholy desire to please the people and gain vain popularity tried to discredit Jeremiah and branded him a false prophet.  Already, the people did not like Jeremiah because he told them the better truth of God's word.

Christ warns every true believer of the existence of false prophets and teachers even in the household of truth.  They are subtle and manipulative.  Satan, their master, was the very first false prophet when he changed the truth of God's word into a lie and deceived Eve, "ye shall not surely die".  Yield not to their persistent entreaties.  False prophets suffer here and hereafter.  "Therefore thus saith the LORD; Behold , I will punish Shemaiah, the Nehelamite, and his seed: he shall not have a man to dwell among this people; neither shall he behold the good that I will do for my people . . ." (verse 32).  And he never lived to see the end of the captivity and the return of God's people to Jerusalem.  Beware of false prophets.

All that glitters is not gold.

Such false prophets abounds here on Nairaland religion section.
Re: Daily Manna — God's Abiding Concern by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:29pm On Sep 25, 2009
Daily Manna

Return to God

TEXT: Jeremiah 30:1-14

KEY VERSE

"For, lo, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will bring again the captivity of my people Israel and Judah, saith the Lord: and I will cause them to return to the land that I gave to their fathers, and they shall possess it " -- Jeremiah 30:3

[i]The purpose of God's chastisement is never to destroy, but to reform.
Re: Daily Manna — God's Abiding Concern by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:01pm On Sep 26, 2009
Daily Manna

Released and Restored

TEXT: Jeremiah 30:15-24

KEY VERSE

"For I will restore health unto thee, and I will heal thee of thy wounds, saith the Lord; because they called thee an Outcast, saying, This is Zion, whom no man seeketh after " -- Jeremiah 30:17

Look up for your help! Not down.
Re: Daily Manna — God's Abiding Concern by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:23am On Sep 28, 2009
Daily Manna

Intolerable Sin

TEXT: Leviticus 20:1-9

KEY VERSE

"For every one that curseth his father or his mother shall be surely put of death: he hath cursed his father or his mother; his blood shall be upon him" -- Leviticus 20:9

Our children must be for signs and wonders in the land.
Re: Daily Manna — God's Abiding Concern by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:38am On Sep 28, 2009
Daily Manna

Grievous Punishment

TEXT: Leviticus 20:10-21

KEY VERSE

"And the man that committeth adultery with another man's wife, even he that committeth adultery with his neighbours's wife, the adulterer and the adulteress shall surely be put to death" -- Leviticus 20:10

God loves us and so punishes our sinfulness to save us from eternal doom.
Re: Daily Manna — God's Abiding Concern by Ogaga4Luv(m): 1:48pm On Sep 30, 2009
[size=13pt][font=OldMan Book Style ]The Bible tells us that Jesus was sacrificed for the redemption of our sins in order that we may be saved from everlasting fire.The Bible also tells us that if we do not believe this we are subject to burn in everlasting fire. . .Oh Gawd!! are you this Truthful?. [/font][/size]
Re: Daily Manna — God's Abiding Concern by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:07pm On Sep 30, 2009
Daily Manna

Separate and Distinct

TEXT: Leviticus 20:22-27

KEY VERSE

"And ye shall be holy unto me: for I the Lord am holy, and have severed you from other people, that ye should be mine" -- Leviticus 20:26

Cleave to the Lord to the end.
Re: Daily Manna — God's Abiding Concern by Ogaga4Luv(m): 4:12pm On Sep 30, 2009
[size=13pt]I believe in a Nigeria where religious intolerance will someday end. . . where every man has the same right to attend or not attend the church of his choice. cool
[/size]
Re: Daily Manna — God's Abiding Concern by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:15pm On Sep 30, 2009
Daily Manna

Priestly Comportment

TEXT: Leviticus 21:1-15

KEY VERSE

"Thou shalt sanctify him therefore; for he offereth the bread of thy God: he shall be holy unto thee: for I the Lord, which sanctify you, am holy" -- Leviticus 21:8

Holiness unto the Lord should be our watchword.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (52) (Reply)

MY Experience With The Supernatural, Ghost And Spirits Do Exist. / Synagogue Church Of All Nations Building Collapses (Picture) / Famous People Who Mocked God & What Happened To Them! A Must Read

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.