Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,486 members, 7,801,240 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 12:48 PM

Daily Manna — God's Abiding Concern - Religion (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Daily Manna — God's Abiding Concern (163963 Views)

Bishop (dr) Chris Kwakpovwe Of Our Daily Manna Sets Lagos Ablaze With Miracles / Daily Manna Feeding On His Word Daily 2014 / The Rapture Of Abiding Saints In Christ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (52) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Daily Manna — God's Abiding Concern by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:51pm On Jul 10, 2014
Thought for the day:

"Are you in church but out of touch with God?"
Re: Daily Manna — God's Abiding Concern by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:24am On Jul 11, 2014
Daily Manna
Friday, July 11, 2014

A Well-Deserved Reward

JULY REVIVAL PROMO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=didRdXEHAmc

TEXT: JOSHUA 19:40-51

"When they had made an end of dividing the land for inheritance by their coasts, the children of Israel gave an inheritance to Joshua the son of Nun among them" (Joshua 19:49)

When God appoints a man and gives him an assignment, the responsibility is on the individual to reciprocate God’s good gesture by being faithful in carrying out the assignment and discharging his or her duty very well. It is only then that the individual becomes a beneficiary of the reward of faithful service.

In the narrative today, the Bible recounts the story of how the land of promise was divided after it was possessed under the leadership of Joshua. It shows how the tribe of Dan fought to increase their own portion and how Joshua, their faithful commander was rewarded according to the word of the Lord (verse 49,50).

As believers of today, we are not to be satisfied or complacent with the little portion of grace we have, service we are rendering, or in fact, the little success we have. The Lord has promised to increase our greatness and reward us if we faithfully and valiantly fight the good fight of faith and dispossess the enemies of the inheritance that rightfully belongs to us.

Like Joshua, what God has spoken concerning your life will be fulfilled only if you faithfully fight and follow Him to the end. Joshua’s example is particularly instructive, worthy of emulation by all believers. He was single-minded in His devotion to Jehovah and in His loyalty to His leader Moses, throughout His years of services to him. At long last, Joshua triumphed through the wilderness and entered the Promised Land, led the people valiantly and got his deserved portion in the Promised Land. Faithfulness indeed counts and is rewardable.

Higher Everyday for Youths - Link: http://highereveryday.dclmhq.org/

Thought for the day: "Your good deeds do not go unnoticed?"

See more at:
Re: Daily Manna — God's Abiding Concern by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:22pm On Jul 11, 2014
Thought for the day:

"Your good deeds do not go unnoticed?"
Re: Daily Manna — God's Abiding Concern by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:23am On Jul 12, 2014
Daily Manna
Saturday, July 12, 2014

The Day of God's Wrath

JULY REVIVAL PROMO

TEXT: JEREMIAH 25:12-29

"For thus saith the LORD God of Israel unto me; Take the wine cup of this fury at my hand, and cause all the nations, to whom I send thee, to drink it" (Jeremiah 25:15)

In the Scriptures, intoxicating wine is sometimes used to depict God’s anger and wrath against sin and all ungodliness. The effect of God’s righteous judgment would be similar to that of an intoxicating wine, destroying their sensibilities and herding them to eternal doom.

Here, in our text, Jeremiah had prophesied that God would repay sinful nations, with Babylon occupying a very prominent position, for their evil deeds. Judah’s years in Babylonian captivity seemed to have had little effect in their total obedience to God’s word. Rather, they sank deeper and deeper into sin and idolatrous worship: “For lo, I begin to bring evil on the city which is called by my name, and should you be utterly unpunished? Ye shall not be unpunished, for I will call for a sword upon all the inhabitants of the earth, saith the LORD of hosts” (verse 29).

Is it possible that the same message would be preached for the whole of twenty-three years, the same warning given and the same alarm raised from the roof tops about God’s hatred for sin and wickedness with its inescapable consequences, and the people be not moved? Can a people or a nation remain unrepentant and unperturbed for so long? Yes, so it was then with the nations of the world in Bible days, and so it is today.

At the moment, the anger of the Lord is still waxing strong against all ungodly individuals and nations. Although religious houses are springing up on every corner of the city, sin has assumed an alarming sophistication. Yet, God is watching and waiting. He has no pleasure in the sinner’s death. He requires you to repent of your sins and be reconciled unto Him. He paid the price by making the provision through His dear Son, Jesus Christ. Have you heard this message for twenty-three years, or more or less? the time to repent and to heed His call is now.

Thought for the day: "To be forewarned is to be forearmed"

See more at:
Re: Daily Manna — God's Abiding Concern by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:33pm On Jul 12, 2014
Thought for the day:

"To be forewarned is to be forearmed"
Re: Daily Manna — God's Abiding Concern by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:19pm On Jul 13, 2014
Daily Manna
Sunday, July 13, 2014

He Suits Your Need

JULY REVIVAL PROMO

TEXT: JOSHUA 19:10-16

"And the third lot came up for the children of Zebulun according to their families: and the border of their inheritance was unto Sarid" (Joshua 19:10)

Greed, envy and lack of contentment are behind most of the feuds and crises we have in many families, communities, nations and countries of the world. The desire to get what belongs to others and the lack of satisfaction with one’s lot and possession find expression in struggles, rivalries and wars that have engulfed many lands.

The church too, seems not to be totally free from these vices. We have struggle and clamour for power and position in many churches today. Envy, distrust and other forms of rancor are tearing the Church apart and weakening her influence on the world. All these are due to the fact that we fail to realize that our lots are given to us by God and He has done this according to our needs.

Our passage this morning spells out the portion given to the tribe of Zebulun as their inheritance in the Promised Land. Worthy of note is the fact that God gave them their portion “…according to their families …” that is, in proportion to their needs. In His wisdom and Omniscience, God apportioned to every tribe just what they need and just what suits them. No wonder there was no report of strife or feeling of dissatisfaction among the tribes of Israel over the lots given them. They had confidence in the wisdom of God who had chosen for them a worthy portion.

There will be less strife in the world and there will be no feeling of envy and jealousy in the families and churches if we recognize and accept God’s wisdom in the portions we have in life. God is a good God and whatever He gives is for our good. If we sense a need for more, let’s ask Him in faith and trust His final judgment. This is the secret of peace and contentment.

Thought for the day: "Nothing betters what God gives"

See more at:
Re: Daily Manna — God's Abiding Concern by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:04pm On Jul 14, 2014
Daily Manna
Monday, July 14, 2014

Seek To Be Fair To All

JULY REVIVAL PROMO

TEXT: PROVERBS 21:1-15

"Whoso stoppeth his ears at the cry of the poor, he also shall cry himself, but shall not be heard" (Proverbs 21:13)

People often seek to enforce high standard of values for others than they are willing to do for themselves. To them, the golden rule, doing to others as you would wish them to do to you, is both a distraction and utterly unsuitable for our modern world driven by greed and avarice. But whatever man’s position, God’s standard remains unchanged, in time and eternity.

It is therefore not surprising that the Lord in our text, made sundry observations and contrasted moral values with vices. He wants us to draw vital lessons from them and allow the wisdom they bring to condition our lives. He said that no matter how highly placed a king may be, God still has total control over his actions. And although many men would always justify their actions, God probes into the heart for hidden motives. He appreciates justice more than mere sacrifice. And to Him, pride, whether shown openly or hidden in the heart, is sin. He says that the diligent usually prospers while the impatient often suffers from want. Those who amass wealth by lying or fraud thread the path of death, while robbers would eventually be destroyed by their wicked conducts. Men should eschew all evil, but possess purity in their actions. Men and women who perpetrate evil act would be overthrown by God, even as He expects the wise to learn from the judgment that comes to the wicked.

It is an act of wickedness to turn deaf ears to those who cry out for your assistance, especially when you are in a position to help. This is one reason the prayers of many people are not answered. Unknown to them, by shutting their ears to the pleas for help from others, they shut God’s ears to their own prayer for help.

Therefore, if you desire good things from God, you must readily do good to others. God cares for you, but He also wants you to care for your fellow men. Therein lies happiness in life and a blessed reward in eternity.

Thought for the day: "When you help others, you help yourself too!"

See more at:
Re: Daily Manna — God's Abiding Concern by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:41pm On Jul 14, 2014
Thought for the day:

"When you help others, you help yourself too!"
Re: Daily Manna — God's Abiding Concern by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:13am On Jul 15, 2014
Daily Manna
Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Remember The Giver

JULY REVIVAL PROMO

TEXT: JOSHUA 19:24-39

"This is the inheritance of the tribe of the children of Asher according to their families, these cities with their villages" (Joshua 19:31)

Many people delight in naming their blessings but the majority of such that count their blessings do not remember Him from whom the blessings flow. A grateful heart not only counts the blessings, he considers deeply the source.

In our text today, we look at the portions that fell to the tribes of Asher and Naphtali, respectively, when Canaan land was shared by Joshua among Israel’s twelve tribes. To Asher was given for an inheritance, that portion of land that was bordered on the West and the East by the Mediterranean Sea, the eminent port cities of Tyre and Sidon, and the Phoenician nations who were renowned sea merchants. Asher’s allotment was to make her rich and great because of the fertile soil and her business affiliations/partnership with her sea-faring neighbours.

Naphtali’s reclusive portion laid further north. She was surrounded almost entirely by friendly neighbours, a situation that afforded her rapid population and economic growth as her people spread themselves over an expansive, peaceful, and fertile land that brought much riches and wealth to the tribe.

Surely, Joshua did not give those allotments with the foreknowledge of the intrinsic wealth appertaining to each property; it was God who purposed it that His blessing which He had pronounced on the tribes through the mouths of Jacob and Moses might come to pass (Genesis 49:20,21; Deuteronomy 33:23-25). It is needless running after the blessing; get into relationship with the Giver: “Seek ye first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness and all other things shall be added unto you.” The Bible tells us that promotion does not come from the West, East, North or South, but from God alone. Trust only in Him.

Thought for the day: "There are no regrets when God chooses for you!"

See more at:
Re: Daily Manna — God's Abiding Concern by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:37pm On Jul 15, 2014
Thought for the day:

"There are no regrets when God chooses for you"
Re: Daily Manna — God's Abiding Concern by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:43am On Jul 16, 2014
Daily Manna
Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Mould Them Early

JULY REVIVAL PROMO

TEXT: PROVERBS 22:1-15

"Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it" (Proverbs 22:6)

One area in which many Christian parents have failed woefully today is child training. For such parents, once enough money and materials have been provided for the comfort of their child, they feel their work is done. The import of early godly upbringing dawns on them only when they begin to reap the bitter fruits of their failure. Child training must be timely and deliberate. William Gurnall captured the essence when he observed that the difference between religion and atheism is that "religion doth not grow without planting, but will die even where it is planted without watering. Atheism, irreligion, and profaneness are weeds that will grow without setting, but they will not die without plucking up."

Sundry lessons are found in our text, including the inestimable value of good reputation, the equality of men – rich or poor, the virtues of prudence etc. But verse 6 holds the key to all these. "Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it" implies that parents and children handlers have ample duty and privilege of moulding the character of the child in such a godly way that it becomes near impossible for them to change at adulthood.

Such training begins with the trainer. The trainer must be living above board – living out what he/she advocates. No amount of pious instructions will produce a godly child if the instructor is not living righteously. Again, parents must decide on the right goal and exercise love and firmness in nudging the child to it. Note that it is “in the way he should go” and not “in the way he wants to go.” Good behaviour should be rewarded and bad conduct reprimanded.

The world is already smarting from the effects of the neglect of this most important duty. You can help make a difference today by lending a godly helping hand in the training of the children within the sphere of your influence.

Thought for the day: "Model the life you want in your children"

See more at:
Re: Daily Manna — God's Abiding Concern by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:13am On Jul 16, 2014
♫ Hymn of the Week ♫

O JESUS, I HAVE PROMISED! (089)

1. O Jesus, I have promised
To serve Thee to the end;
Be Thou forever near me,
My Master and my friend:
I shall not fear the battle
If Thou art by my side,
Nor wander from the pathway
If Thou wilt be my Guide.

2. O let me feel Thee near me;
The world is ever near;
I see the sights that dazzle,
The tempting sounds I hear;
My foes are ever near me,
Around me and within;
But, Jesus, draw Thou nearer,
And shield my soul from sin.

3. O let me hear Thee speaking
In accents clear and still,
Above the storms of passion,
The murmurs of self-will;
O speak to reassure me,
To hasten or control;
O speak and make me listen,
Thou Guardian of my soul.

4. O Jesus, Thou hast promised
To all who follow Thee,
That where thou art in glory
There shall Thy servant be;
And Jesus, I have promised
To serve Thee to the end;
O give me grace to follow
My Master and my Friend.

1 Like

Re: Daily Manna — God's Abiding Concern by ayodele123(m): 5:07pm On Jul 16, 2014
OP,GOD BLESS YOU MIGHTILY
AM GLAD I FOUND THIS THREAD
AM GOING TO STAY GLUED TO IT FROM NOW ON
THANKS AND MORE ANOINTING TO YOU IN JESUS NAME
Re: Daily Manna — God's Abiding Concern by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:56pm On Jul 16, 2014
JESUS MOVIE Nigerian Pidgin English

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkgqI0-pXIA
Re: Daily Manna — God's Abiding Concern by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:07pm On Jul 16, 2014
ayodele123:

OP,GOD BLESS YOU MIGHTILY
AM GLAD I FOUND THIS THREAD
AM GOING TO STAY GLUED TO IT FROM NOW ON
THANKS AND MORE ANOINTING TO YOU IN JESUS NAME

Glory be to God in the highest. Stay tuned and remain blessed. smiley
Re: Daily Manna — God's Abiding Concern by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:58pm On Jul 16, 2014
FALSE REPORT

“Pastor Kumuyi of Deeper Life Bible Church bans the Use of iPad & Android Devices” – Encomium Weekly.

The above report has been trending in the Social media from Tuesday, 15 July 2014.

THIS REPORT IS FALSE.

There was never a time as referred to in the article, when Pastor W.F. Kumuyi made this statement or “BANNED” the use of mobile devices in the Church.

As much as every Christ-loving believer is encouraged to give God his/her full attention when in Church or in any other place, where the Word of God is being taught, this story is HIGHLY MISCHIEVOUS and MISLEADING.

There is no doubt that Technology has its place in the spread of the gospel message as well as believers’ development where such is put into proper use but its misuse or abuse is not encouraged.

“Finally, brethren, pray for us, that the word of the Lord may have free course, and be glorified, even as it is with you: And that we may be delivered from unreasonable and wicked men: FOR ALL MEN HAVE NOT FAITH. But the Lord is faithful, WHO SHALL STABLISH YOU, and KEEP YOU FROM EVIL” 2 Thessalonians 3:1-3.

Remember, it is not everything from these sources that is true!

May the Lord keep you in the Truth and not be tossed about by errors, in Jesus’ Name. Amen!

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=10153043598089478&id=325885259477&fref=nf
Re: Daily Manna — God's Abiding Concern by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:52pm On Jul 16, 2014
Thought for the day:

"Model the life you want in your children"

1 Like

Re: Daily Manna — God's Abiding Concern by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:55am On Jul 17, 2014
Daily Manna
Thursday, July 17, 2014

An Enduring Portion

JULY REVIVAL PROMO

TEXT: JOSHUA 18:21-28

"...This is the inheritance of the children of Benjamin according to their families" (Joshua 18:28)

Generally, there is a sense of sacred and cherished birthright attached to the inheritance of land in many nations by the beneficiary. In Israel, the Lord had promised the people, through Moses and his successor, Joshua, that the land of Canaan would be divided among the tribes as an inheritance. After Joshua had fought all the battles successfully and there was now peace round about, it became imperative to do as the LORD had instructed concerning the land.

The dividing of the land was not without squabbles as Joshua had to cast lot. “And the lot of the tribe of Benjamin came up according to their families…(verse 11). On the whole, the tribe of Benjamin had a total of twenty six cities, including Jerusalem. The portion lay north of Judah and south of Ephraim. Though the territory was small in size, it was strategically located, commercially and militarily.

Today, many families are held up in scores of litigation over issues of land inheritance. This has had a telling effect on the unity and cohesion of such families. While it is good to inherit land and property from our families because “a prudent man leaveth an inheritance unto his children’s children”, we should be more concerned about our heavenly inheritance “where Christ sitteth at the right hand of God”.

As believers, we are heirs of all things: His grace (1 Peter 3:7); His salvation (Hebrews 1:14); eternal life (Titus 3:7); and His righteousness (Hebrews 11:7). We are therefore advised to set our affection on things above, for our life is already hid with Christ in God. It is not wise to split hairs on transient and fleeting material perquisites. How we need to devote our burstling energies into laying for ourselves treasures and inheritances in heaven!

Thought for the day: "Believers’ portion is a never fading one"

See more at:
Re: Daily Manna — God's Abiding Concern by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:26pm On Jul 17, 2014
Thought for the day:

"Believers’ portion is a never fading one"

1 Like

Re: Daily Manna — God's Abiding Concern by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:28pm On Jul 17, 2014
#‎TRETS2014‬ Watch the Message of today's Power Night "THE KEY THAT OPENS THE DOOR." @

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFOTHXDv8mQ .

Remain Blessed.
Re: Daily Manna — God's Abiding Concern by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:35pm On Jul 18, 2014
Daily Manna
Friday, July 18, 2014

Keep Off The Rat-Race

JULY REVIVAL PROMO

TEXT: PROVERBS 23:1-12

"Labour not to be rich: cease from thine own wisdom" (Proverbs 23:4)

The Book of Proverbs is noted for giving precepts to Christians and humanity in general on how to avoid pitfalls that may ruin and damn the soul, and how to live successfully and victoriously here. Exhortations for living to please God and maintaining proper relationships with our fellow men abound in the book of Proverbs.

Our text touches on what our attitude should be towards riches and wealth and how we can avoid the danger associated with inordinate ambition to be rich at all costs. It also counsels on how we can use our discretion in relating with rich people.

No human being desires to be poor or dependent on other people for sustenance and survival. This is one of the reasons people engage in profitable labour. However, the prevalent situations around us today show that many people are desperately seeking to enrich themselves and acquire wealth by all means. The philosophy of the end justifying the means now dictates the manner many seek riches.

The counsel of the Scripture to us is: “Labour not to be rich…” (verse 4). It does not suggest that being rich is sinful. It is just a caution to avoid the danger associated with the unbridled crave for riches. The New Testament presses this counsel further by saying that, “they that will be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and hurtful lusts which drown men in destruction and perdition …the love of money is the root of all evil” (1 Timothy 6:9,10).

Indeed, it is a measure of the immaturity of the believer when he devotes more attention to gathering riches and getting obsessed with material considerations. A right and unswerving relationship with God is sure to evoke His blessings from time to time, and without adding sorrow to them.

Thought for the day: "Caution: Over speeding kills!"

See more at:
Re: Daily Manna — God's Abiding Concern by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:10pm On Jul 18, 2014
♫ Hymn of the Week ♫

HAVE YOU BEEN TO JESUS? (GHS 38)

1. Have you been to Jesus for the cleansing pow’r?
Are you wash’d in the blood of the Lamb?
Are you fully trusting in His grace this hour?
Are you washed’d in the blood of the Lamb?

Are you washed…in the blood,
In the soul-cleansing blood of the Lamb?
Are your garments spotless? Are they white as snow?
Are you wash’d in the blood of the Lamb
?

2. Are you walking daily by the Saviour’s side?
Are you washed in the blood of the Lamb?
Do you rest each moment in the Crucified?
Are you wash’d in the blood of the Lamb?

3. When the Bridegroom cometh will your robes be white?
Pure and white in the blood of the Lamb?
Will your soul be ready for the mansions bright,
And be washed in the blood of the Lamb?

4. Lay aside the garments that are stained with sin,
And be washed in the blood of the Lamb;
There’s a fountain flowing for the soul unclean,
Oh be washed in the blood of the Lamb.
Re: Daily Manna — God's Abiding Concern by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:27pm On Jul 19, 2014
Daily Manna
Saturday, July 19, 2014

Don't Wait Too Late

JULY REVIVAL PROMO

TEXT: JEREMIAH 25:1-11

"And the Lord hath sent unto you all his servants the prophets, rising early and sending them; but ye have not hearkened, nor inclined your ear to hear" (Jeremiah 25:4)

An aged minister told the story of a man whom he often warned, but who always said to him, “Sir, when I am dying, I shall say, Lord, have mercy on me; and I shall go to heaven as well as anybody else.” Returning home from market one night, rather ‘foul’ with liquor, he guided his horse with a leap right over the parapet of a bridge into the river; the last words he was heard to utter were a most fearful imprecation; and in the bed of the river he was found dead, killed by the fall.

For twenty three years now, Jeremiah the prophet had been prophesying unto the people of Israel but they wouldn’t hearken. They ignored the warning to repent and turn away from their evil practices and from idolatry unto the living God. They equally rejected the message of other prophets apart from Jeremiah’s who had given them warning of the danger of sin. The consequence of their stiffneck was seventy years of captivity to Babylon.

If we could call people out this morning and ask them one at a time, Sir, why are you in hell? Did you not know how to be saved?” I am sure that some might say, “I did not know how to be saved”; but I believe literally thousands would say, “Yes, I knew how to be saved but I waited too long to accept it.” I don’t think you would find one person in hell who deliberately planned to go there, but many waited too late and died without the Saviour.

We must not delay nor harden our hearts to the gospel. The truth is, every time the Holy Spirit speaks to your heart and you refuse to accept Christ, your heart becomes harder and harder, until, after awhile, when God speaks, you don’t even hear His voice anymore. Nobody knows when he is going to die. You may say, “I don’t like to hear talks about death.” Well, when people quit dying, preachers will quit talking about death. Billy Sunday said, “if we had more preaching on hell from the pulpit, we would have less hell in the congregation”.

Thought for the day: "It is deadly to say “No” to the Spirit’s calling!"

See more at:
Re: Daily Manna — God's Abiding Concern by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:32pm On Jul 20, 2014
Daily Manna
Sunday, July 20, 2014

Moving Into Blessings

JULY REVIVAL PROMO

TEXT: PROVERBS: 22:16-29

"Bow down thine ear, and hear the words of the wise, and apply thine heart unto my knowledge" (Proverbs 22:17)

In various fields of human endeavour, there are prescribed steps for those who seek for mastery and excellence. Such steps when carefully followed, lead to outstanding performance because they are tested steps that had led many to success. King Solomon, in today’s passage, proffers humility, proper attention to the doctrines and the retention in our hearts of such things as we have read as the secrets of profiting in the word of God. Truly, nothing recommends a man for divine exaltation as humility from the heart. The proof that we are humble at heart is the true confession and genuine repentance from our sins and the total surrender of our lives to the Lordship of our Saviour, Jesus Christ. The humble heart is a teachable heart.

The believer that desires spiritual blessing must aspire to grow. He must be diligent to read the Scriptures daily. Doctrines are important for spiritual stability. The believer who fails to endure sound doctrine is susceptible to false teaching. We need to understand the basic doctrines of our faith so that we can recognize false doctrines and prevent them. The best way to retain what we have learnt in the word of God is to always go back to those things and regularly put them into practice. Nowadays, many people have developed itching ears against the word of God; they are no longer keen on having the word that once saved them. Some others have become familiar with the word and are replacing it with their personal word or other fables. True believers must not do so.

The great truths and doctrines of the word of God are written so that we, and others through us, might have confidence in the truth. It is obvious that we cannot be channels of blessing to others if we have not been born again. Give your life to Jesus today and lead others to the Saviour.

Thought for the day: "Open up to God and open up happiness!"

See more at:
Re: Daily Manna — God's Abiding Concern by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:20pm On Jul 21, 2014
Daily Manna
Monday, July 21, 2014

A Daily Devotional Guide - Daily Manna sets out to provide spiritual nourishment for those who are truly committed to seeking God and walking closely with Him. It's an extraction of God's word, and mainly serves to draw the sincere seeker closer to God on a daily basis.

Judgment Is Certain

TEXT: JEREMIAH 25:30-38

"A noise shall come even to the ends of the earth; for the LORD hath a controversy with the nations, he will plead with all flesh; he will give them that are wicked to the sword, saith the LORD" (Jeremiah 25:31)

Men go to great lengths to ensure they do not contravene the rules set by powerful personalities or state authorities. The reason is simply because they know they would never be able to avoid the long arm of the law against offenders. Ironically, the same people who tremble at the laws of men, trifle with, or flagrantly contravene God’s holy standards on the misguided belief that they can get away with it, or that God is not bothered by their conducts.

Yet, God cares and He is even more meticulous in documenting breaches of His law than any man-made authority will ever be able to do. When therefore, God says that He has a controversy with the inhabitants of nations, the mere thought of this must drive fear into all hearts. For it is certain that God will come roaring on the day He will mete out judgment on sinful men in all nations. Because the people relished evil, God will unleash evil on them. On that day, none can escape this vengeance of the Lord. The offenders will cry out, but it will be too late.

A discerning heart can avert this impending doom by submitting to critical self-examination and taking stock of where one has offended God. He must thereafter go to God in penitence, pleading for pardon and forgiveness, and asking for grace to make a fresh start with Him. This is the only way to avert the death sentence already pronounced on all sinful persons. But those who ignore the repercussions of their evil conducts and continue to live contrary to the word of God will draw His fierce anger and eventually, face His severe punishment.

Thought for the day: "It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God"

See more at:
Re: Daily Manna — God's Abiding Concern by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:25pm On Jul 22, 2014
Daily Manna
Tuesday, July 22, 2014

A Daily Devotional Guide - Daily Manna sets out to provide spiritual nourishment for those who are truly committed to seeking God and walking closely with Him. It's an extraction of God's word, and mainly serves to draw the sincere seeker closer to God on a daily basis.

Shun Party Spirit

TEXT: PROVERBS 21:16-31

"He that loveth pleasure shall be a poor man: he that loveth wine and oil shall not be rich" (Proverbs 21:17)

It will be difficult to quantify the number of families and lives that have been ruined by the love of alcohol. The bottle has not only succeeded in impoverishing many that love it, but has stolen away joy, peace and harmony in many homes. Many children have been denied the love, warmth, affection and care expected to be given in the family due to the influence of alcohol. How many promising men, having great potentials and wonderful careers have had their careers ruined and thrown out of job because they have become slaves to alcohol. And there are countless number of untimely deaths, young wives turned to early widows and children orphaned at tender age, all due to alcohol.

Our passage today warns against the practice of abandoning oneself to pleasure. There are so many people who spend all their time and money seeking for pleasure. They can be said to be possessed by the party spirit. While they cannot afford to pay their children’s school fees and provide for their basic essentials of life, they can afford the money for expensive party dresses, designer’s perfumes and other such vanities. Some even go to the extent of taking loans just to organize parties.

This is the spirit of the world and must not be found among Christians. Christians are supposed to be discreet, prudent and wise in all their dealings. Their lives are to be lived to the glory of the Lord. We should also bear in mind that our body is the temple of the Holy Spirit which must not be defiled with alcohol or any other such defilements.

It is not only the Bible that warns against the danger of alcohol and reckless pleasure seeking. Government agencies have joined in the campaign. The wise will take heed and keep off. Whatever subtracts from a sober Christian fellowship which must be Christ-honouring and soul-seeking cannot be of God. We must avoid all tendencies that paint the believer in lurid, worldly colours.

Thought for the day: "Don’t be mocked by wine; be wise"

See more at:
Re: Daily Manna — God's Abiding Concern by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:28pm On Jul 22, 2014
MBS 2014: LEAVING ALL OUR WORRIES IN GOD'S HANDS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhL8y1Ywl9U

Published on 21 Jul 2014
Discover the key to eradicating and eliminating every form of worry and anxiety from your life. Leave it all in the Hands of God.
Re: Daily Manna — God's Abiding Concern by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:39am On Jul 23, 2014
Daily Manna
Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Be Bold For Christ

TEXT: JEREMIAH 26:12-24

"But know ye for certain, that if ye put me to death, ye shall surely bring innocent blood upon yourselves, and upon this city, and upon the inhabitants thereof: for of a truth the LORD hath sent me unto you to speak all these words in your ears" (Jeremiah 26:15)

Frederick the Great, the agnostic Prussian king had a devout Christian as his most trusted Army General, by name, Von Zealand. In a festive gathering, the king began making crude jokes about Christ until everyone, except Von Zealand, was rocking with laughter. Finally, Von Zealand stood up and addressed the king: “Sir, you know I have not feared death. I have fought and won 38 battles for you. I am an old man; I shall soon have to go into the presence of One greater than you, the mighty God who saved me from my sin, the Lord Jesus Christ whom you are blaspheming. I salute you, sir, as an old man who loves his Saviour, on the edge of eternity.” The place went silent, and with a trembling voice the king replied, “General Von Zealand, I beg your pardon! I beg your pardon!” And with that the party quietly ended.

Similarly, Jeremiah found himself among an intimidating audience to whom he had to deliver a stern message. The prophet was fully aware of the implication of his message and the likely response of the people, yet he kept faithful to One greater than the bloodthirsty King Jehoiakim who lately slew Prophet Urijah for preaching a similar message. That is courage – doing what you are scared to do for the sake of your conviction.

If not for the intervention of Ahikam who had an influence among the princes and elders, the malicious priests and prophets would have handed out Jeremiah to be killed on trumped up charge of treason. The most ardent persecution of the saints have always come from religious circles. But the Lord preserved Jeremiah’s life. “For whosoever will save his life shall lose it; but whosoever shall lose his life for my sake and the gospel’s, the same shall save it (Mark 8:35). When next you find yourself torn in between the fear of man and a God-assigned duty, will you dare to be like Jeremiah? Be faithful and speak up for the Lord. He will vindicate and preserve you.

Thought for the day: "Don’t bend low or back out: be bold for Christ"

See more at:
Re: Daily Manna — God's Abiding Concern by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:39pm On Jul 24, 2014
Daily Manna
Thursday, July 24, 2014

God Is Powerful

TEXT: JOB 25:1-6

"Dominion and fear are with him, he maketh peace in his high places" (Job 25:2)

Abraham Lincoln, former President of United States of America, once said: “I can see how it might be possible for a man to look down upon the earth and be an atheist, but I cannot conceive how he could look up into the heavens and say there is no God.”

That could possibly be the perception of Bildad, who had repeatedly attacked Job in spite of God’s declaration that Job was a just man. As against his usual style of raining accusations on Job, Bildad focused, this time, on God’s dominion, the supremacy of His power, His innumerable armies and His providence, which extended over all.

Bildad concluded that man could not be justified before God, noting that heavenly bodies could not be reputed pure in His sight; much less man, who is naturally weak and sinful. He highlighted the utter helplessness of man and his need of God.

Of course, Bildad was right when he pointed out that every person had committed one wrong thing or the other against God, which agreed with Romans 3:23 that “all have sinned and come short of the glory of God”. But he did not disclose that God had made provision for man’s redemption (Romans 3:24). God forgives us when we confess our evil deeds to Him.

As Job passed through the night of adversity and patiently awaited for the morning to break forth and set him free from his sorrows, every other thing which included the sun, the moon, the stars and the element, seemed so vain that he could only look up to God who is the ever present help in the day of trouble. Every believer in Christ must endeavour to live a holy lifestyle. Whatever you are passing through, whatever adversity that may have befallen you, be rest assured that the morning of joy will definitely appear.

Thought for the day: "We have a God who delights in impossibilities"

See more at:
Re: Daily Manna — God's Abiding Concern by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:32pm On Jul 24, 2014
Thought for the day:

"We have a God who delights in impossibilities"
Re: Daily Manna — God's Abiding Concern by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:11am On Jul 25, 2014
Daily Manna
Friday, July 25, 2014

This Pleases Him!

TEXT: LEVITICUS 17:1-7

"To the end that the children of Israel may bring their sacrifices, which they offer in the open field, even that they may bring them unto the LORD, unto the door of the tabernacle of the congregation, unto the priest, and offer them for peace offerings unto the LORD" (Leviticus 17:5)

What can a man bring to God which will be excellent and acceptable in His sight? John Bunyan’s answer may surprise us - a broken and contrite heart. This was the subject of his book ‘acceptable sacrifice’ a moving exposition of Psalm 51:17, the last work which he prepared for the press before his departure to glory. Bunyan shows from Scripture why a broken heart is so acceptable to God. He characterizes the unbroken heart of man, showing why it must be made contrite, and explains the nature of the change which is involved. He also guides the reader in discerning whether this change has taken place, and shows how the heart, once broken, can be kept tender.

The Israelites, before the building of the tabernacle, did offer their sacrifices in the open field from which they are now restrained through this new order given by God in our text. For their sacrifices to be acceptable unto God, all Israelites and persons sojourning in their land were commanded to bring their sacrifices to the door of the tabernacle of the congregation. The sacrifices were to be offered unto the Lord, and those who disobeyed were to be cut off. This was done that the sacrifices might be offered publicly, and be known to be offered to the Lord and not to idols or devils. It was equally God’s intention to prevent private idolatry taking place in the land and to avoid unauthorized persons intruding into the priests’ office.

Under the New Testament dispensation, the emphasis is no longer on animal sacrifices to be brought to the priest but on individual believers becoming living sacrifices, holy and acceptable unto God. It is the kind of sacrifice that resonates with the relationship we have received – as God has received us freely, we give ourselves freely.

As we prepare to enter into a new day, our focus must be on Christ who gave Himself to us that we might live unto Him.

Thought for the day: "Nothing pleases God more as a whole-hearted sacrifice!"

See more at:
Re: Daily Manna — God's Abiding Concern by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:50pm On Jul 25, 2014
Thought for the day:

"Nothing pleases God more as a whole-hearted sacrifice"

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (52) (Reply)

MY Experience With The Supernatural, Ghost And Spirits Do Exist. / Synagogue Church Of All Nations Building Collapses (Picture) / Famous People Who Mocked God & What Happened To Them! A Must Read

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 165
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.