Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,461 members, 7,801,149 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 11:34 AM

Theft Of Cooked Food On Fire In Ilorin Becomes Widespread - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Theft Of Cooked Food On Fire In Ilorin Becomes Widespread (41130 Views)

EFCC Declares Two Women Wanted For Forgery And Theft Of N27m (photos) / Keystone Bank Staff Charged With ‘theft’ Of N3m From ATM / Hunger In The Land: Theft Of Cooked Food On Fire Becomes Widespread In Ilorin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Theft Of Cooked Food On Fire In Ilorin Becomes Widespread by Ishilove: 12:33pm On Jun 27, 2016
This is funny, but I cannot laugh

Amidst the stinging hardship occasioned by the present economic recession in the country, the spate of insecurity is rising and taking a tinge of the ridiculous by the day.

In Kwara State, cooking a pot of soup is now an invitation to robbers, as cases of eagle-eyed hungry men absconding with cooked food still on the fire is now a daily occurrence.

The incident is widespread in areas without perimeter fencing and among women who cook or have opted to cook with coal pots. At each of such areas such as Tanke, Basin, Sango, Offa Garage, and Kilanko, the incident according to The Guardian investigations occurred over five times in just a week.

According to Alhaja Hamidalat Olawale at Sango, “I was cooking around 5.00p.m. in readiness for the breaking of the fast for the day. It was beans and I decided to use coal pot at the open backyard. I had added all the food condiments and was waiting for the broth to dry up. But to my greatest surprise, I did not see the pot of the beans again.

“I was shocked discovering this. What amazed me was that the thief did not come for it before it was ready; he or she came when the food was ready and we were already salivating, meaning the person must have been closely monitoring me.”

Another victim, an undergraduate of the University of Ilorin, Anita Bazuaye, said it was her pot of soup that disappeared beside her window.

“It was painful because as a student, it was difficult for me to get money again for another soup. In fact, when I managed to start cooking again, I did not leave the place until I had securely packed the pot inside my room.”

Reacting to the development, the Police spokesman, Ajayi Okasanmi (ASP), said no formal report to that effect had come to him or anyone within the state command, but warned that “it is a serious matter and we will not take it lightly with anyone caught in the act. The Penal Code frowns at theft and we will treat anyone in the act accordingly.”

A former chairman of Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) in the state, Emmanuel Ayeoribe, said the development could not be divorced from the non-payment of workers’ salaries.

“If nothing is urgently done to commence regular payment of salaries, very soon, people will start leaping over the fence to steal food, not just from unfenced quarters,” he warned.

http://guardian.ng/news/theft-of-cooked-food-on-fire-becomes-widespread-in-ilorin/

5 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Theft Of Cooked Food On Fire In Ilorin Becomes Widespread by SeverusSnape(m): 12:35pm On Jun 27, 2016
grin But they voted for change, Are they feeling hungry in the season of change??... This is unusual, This is unacceptable!, There should be an over-flow of food now that buhari is president. grin

253 Likes 33 Shares

Re: Theft Of Cooked Food On Fire In Ilorin Becomes Widespread by chimoskyg(m): 12:35pm On Jun 27, 2016
Hungry people everywhere in Kwara
Kpomo eaters grin

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Theft Of Cooked Food On Fire In Ilorin Becomes Widespread by Adesiji77: 12:36pm On Jun 27, 2016
@Ishilove: Why can't you laugh? cool

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Theft Of Cooked Food On Fire In Ilorin Becomes Widespread by Ishilove: 12:40pm On Jun 27, 2016
Adesiji77:
@Ishilove: Why can't you laugh? cool
I can't laugh because it shows the level of poverty in the land. The other day in Ekiti a woman stole her neighbour's amala from the kitchen and together with her hungry children, ate it with raw palmoil.

114 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Theft Of Cooked Food On Fire In Ilorin Becomes Widespread by januzaj(m): 12:40pm On Jun 27, 2016
Olohun ooo
Poverty everywhere
State government ain't paying salary....things are expensive.....they are embezzling money since they know they have impunity as long as they are in APC...Kogi governor ain't paying salary buh he uses #16m to clean government house every month..

55 Likes 1 Share

Re: Theft Of Cooked Food On Fire In Ilorin Becomes Widespread by Luckylife(m): 12:42pm On Jun 27, 2016
We are one year into APC government things are getting worst , still remaining three years if God allow.

51 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Theft Of Cooked Food On Fire In Ilorin Becomes Widespread by shumuel(m): 12:43pm On Jun 27, 2016
Ishilove:
This is funny, but I cannot laugh

http://guardian.ng/news/theft-of-cooked-food-on-fire-becomes-widespread-in-ilorin/

Na waa ooo sad people now acting comedy skits live in reality, this is no more jokes, just today report have it that a man left his 5 year old son at a rice seller's shop for a bag of rice. Lord help Nigeria

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Theft Of Cooked Food On Fire In Ilorin Becomes Widespread by IRserveMyComent(f): 12:46pm On Jun 27, 2016
There is hunger in the land!

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Theft Of Cooked Food On Fire In Ilorin Becomes Widespread by SeverusSnape(m): 12:51pm On Jun 27, 2016
Ishilove:

I can't laugh because it shows the level of poverty in the land. The other day in Ekiti a woman stole her neighbour's amala from the kitchen and together with her hungry children, ate it with raw palmoil.
Amala and RAW palm oil... What a pathetic combination. *sobbing*

85 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Theft Of Cooked Food On Fire In Ilorin Becomes Widespread by januzaj(m): 12:58pm On Jun 27, 2016
SeverusSnape:

pap and pepper nko....I heard that a female teacher always took pap and pepper until she fainted one day...it happened in Ilorin

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: Theft Of Cooked Food On Fire In Ilorin Becomes Widespread by cckris: 1:03pm On Jun 27, 2016
Change, according to Buhari

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Theft Of Cooked Food On Fire In Ilorin Becomes Widespread by timawoku(m): 1:23pm On Jun 27, 2016
SeverusSnape:

hmmm severus snape, are you not supposed to be dead or sumtin? *shrugs* kilokanmi
Anyway amala and palmoil na the highest o...e for even use 50 card buy okro sef!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Theft Of Cooked Food On Fire In Ilorin Becomes Widespread by dfrost: 1:28pm On Jun 27, 2016
Let's not laugh about these things please, even though it sounds funny.

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Theft Of Cooked Food On Fire In Ilorin Becomes Widespread by Ishilove: 1:29pm On Jun 27, 2016
May Sopanna strike dead all those stealing our money o! Ha, what a pathetic situation cry cry

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Theft Of Cooked Food On Fire In Ilorin Becomes Widespread by tyson99(m): 1:31pm On Jun 27, 2016
Power of hunger

5 Likes

Re: Theft Of Cooked Food On Fire In Ilorin Becomes Widespread by SeverusSnape(m): 1:31pm On Jun 27, 2016
januzaj:
pap and pepper nko....I heard that a female teacher always took pap and pepper until she fainted one day...it happened in Ilorin
Wow!... This is not funny o. Haba, not fair.

3 Likes

Re: Theft Of Cooked Food On Fire In Ilorin Becomes Widespread by Mintayo(m): 1:36pm On Jun 27, 2016
This brought back some memories then in my school hostel. You Dare not leave ur beans on top of ur cooker for long, na empty pot you go meet o.
This one is terrible sha. Hunger and desperation redefined.
God should help us.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Theft Of Cooked Food On Fire In Ilorin Becomes Widespread by IVORY2009(m): 1:45pm On Jun 27, 2016
Ishilove:

This is not funny, in Bayelsa State, a pot of soup was stolen last week, it is that bad bro, there is serious hunger in the land, some civil servants have not received their pay for the last 8 months, pensioners nkor, zero payment, so tell me why will there not be crime in the land.

9 Likes

Re: Theft Of Cooked Food On Fire In Ilorin Becomes Widespread by Nobody: 1:48pm On Jun 27, 2016
wooh. Stealing food on fire? Lol. If u tiff my hard earned food from fire if i catch u its either u kill me or i kill u

7 Likes

Re: Theft Of Cooked Food On Fire In Ilorin Becomes Widespread by dunkem21(m): 1:54pm On Jun 27, 2016
I hope everyone can now appreciate the 'stomach infrastructure' governor cheesy

29 Likes

Re: Theft Of Cooked Food On Fire In Ilorin Becomes Widespread by sammieguze(m): 2:16pm On Jun 27, 2016
Its nolonger funny whalahi.

There is hunger in the land. So bad in ilorin now that people now beg everywhere once they see you are neatly dressed.

From casual beggars to corporate beggars to part time and full time beggars. The situations is really pathetic.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Theft Of Cooked Food On Fire In Ilorin Becomes Widespread by Acidosis(m): 2:21pm On Jun 27, 2016
The hunger is real sad sad

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Theft Of Cooked Food On Fire In Ilorin Becomes Widespread by michelz: 2:25pm On Jun 27, 2016
Abraham! What has Buhari and APC turned our country into?
But we warned them during the campaign and election period...
We screamed it to them. We reminded them of what happened in 1984 that Buhari would endanger this Nation,but they didn't listen.
This is totally shameful. Tufiakwa!

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Theft Of Cooked Food On Fire In Ilorin Becomes Widespread by MidasTouche01(m): 2:25pm On Jun 27, 2016
God Help Nigeria...

Ps: Yesternight I thought I saw a thread where Ishilove was accusing Mynd44 of something, but I woke up this morning and couldn't seem to locate the thread again...

Please tell me I wasn't dreaming angry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Theft Of Cooked Food On Fire In Ilorin Becomes Widespread by harmless011: 2:37pm On Jun 27, 2016
This is no longer funny the worst part of it all is that the government doesn't care, rather they are busy fighting over their selfish interest.
Nigeria is ripe for revolution.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Theft Of Cooked Food On Fire In Ilorin Becomes Widespread by datola: 2:37pm On Jun 27, 2016
Not surprised, those thieves are are learners from Saraki. He and his thieving family have stolen and eaten all the yams left in Kwara state.

4 Likes

Re: Theft Of Cooked Food On Fire In Ilorin Becomes Widespread by looseweight: 2:37pm On Jun 27, 2016
Woow
Re: Theft Of Cooked Food On Fire In Ilorin Becomes Widespread by shelu88(f): 2:38pm On Jun 27, 2016
what a country we live in...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Theft Of Cooked Food On Fire In Ilorin Becomes Widespread by Nobody: 2:38pm On Jun 27, 2016
Ilorin People & Hunger

19 Likes

Re: Theft Of Cooked Food On Fire In Ilorin Becomes Widespread by McBrooklyn(m): 2:38pm On Jun 27, 2016
Even in the school hostel sef food on fire do get stolen and funniest thing is in the morning, your pot will have been washed and place at your doorstep and some with a note of "Thank You For Dinner" cheesy

"That moment when you just came back from school after a hectic day and you placed beans on the fire in the school kitchen and you went to go and rest in your room but you fell asleep and when you wake up damn hungry and you went to the kitchen but you met your pot of beans with water boiling on the cooker"
grin cheesy grin

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Theft Of Cooked Food On Fire In Ilorin Becomes Widespread by Blazebling1: 2:38pm On Jun 27, 2016
That is what change has caused

13 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Abroad Asking Herbalist To Make Woman & Her Kids Mad (Video) / Pictures Of Miracle Nwobodo, The Policewoman Killed By Unknown Gunmen - BBC / Robbers That Steal Women's Underwear In Oyo Paraded (pictured)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.