Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,292 members, 7,807,987 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:36 AM

Forgery: Senate’s Standing Rules Were Altered – Chief Whip, Adeyeye Confirms - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Forgery: Senate’s Standing Rules Were Altered – Chief Whip, Adeyeye Confirms (34849 Views)

Certificate Scandal: Dino Melaye's Profile Altered By Senate On NASS Website- SR / Senate Standing Rules Forgery: Why I Was Listed As A Witness – Ita Enang / How Senate Rules Were ‘amended’ For Saraki, Ekweremadu’s Elections – Clerk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Forgery: Senate’s Standing Rules Were Altered – Chief Whip, Adeyeye Confirms by Islie: 1:15pm On Jun 27, 2016
Chief Whip of the senate, Professor Olusola Adeyeye, said the Senate Standing Rules were actually altered in June 2015.

Adeyeye made the disclosure while speaking with Channels Television on Sunday, adding that the court would have to determine whether it was forged or not.

He said, “In the 7th Assembly, voting has to be done publicly (but) in this current one, it was done privately.”

The Senate Chief Whip, while expressing regret over the current situation in the Red Chamber, stressed that the senators have not shown maturity in handling the situation.

He continued, “Our own rules in the Senate forbid us from discussing matters in the court.

“Those who support our Senate President (Dr. Bukola Saraki) should have given him all the support he needs so as to provide for himself, the best defence in the court of Nigeria.”

Adeyeye, however, said removing the senate president, Bukola Saraki as the leader of the senate would not be possible considering the number in the Senate.

He added, “If politics is a game of number, Saraki has the number in the Nigerian Senate (and) let nobody deceive himself.

“In the current situation, it is impossible because a majority is not enough to remove him (and) by the rules of the Senate, you need 2/3 to remove a presiding officer.
“That number will not come.”

The trial of the Senate President on alleged forgery of the Standing Rules opened on Monday in a Federal High Court in Abuja.
He and his deputy, Ike Ekweremadu have pleaded not guilty to the charges.

http://dailypost.ng/2016/06/27/forgery-senates-standing-rules-were-altered-chief-whip-adeyeye-confirms/

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Forgery: Senate’s Standing Rules Were Altered – Chief Whip, Adeyeye Confirms by HungerBAD: 1:16pm On Jun 27, 2016
It was altered?

I might not be a Lawyer, but common sense tells me an offense has been committed. This Saraki and his band of adventurers, are a serious distraction on our polity. These guys are holding the Senate, and by extension, Nigerians hostage.

Saraki should respectfully just go.

Saraki is British, and he should take a cue from his brother David Cameron, and just resign with dignity.

76 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Forgery: Senate’s Standing Rules Were Altered – Chief Whip, Adeyeye Confirms by IamPatriotic(m): 1:28pm On Jun 27, 2016
You're a principal witness in this case sir.

3 Likes

Re: Forgery: Senate’s Standing Rules Were Altered – Chief Whip, Adeyeye Confirms by myners007: 1:38pm On Jun 27, 2016
Please can someone educate me on the duties of the Chief whip of the Senate? I thought the chief whip job is that of monitor that uses cane to flog any student making noise in the classroom.Chief Whip Alias monitor please do ur flogging very well instead of coming to the defense of erring member of the senate who are supposed to be charged for breach of conduct.

16 Likes

Re: Forgery: Senate’s Standing Rules Were Altered – Chief Whip, Adeyeye Confirms by Janelstan: 1:39pm On Jun 27, 2016
Pro saraki

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Forgery: Senate’s Standing Rules Were Altered – Chief Whip, Adeyeye Confirms by PigMeat: 1:39pm On Jun 27, 2016
Buhari, see the hate u have served on this platter, what we gonna get ? Dessert or disaster?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Forgery: Senate’s Standing Rules Were Altered – Chief Whip, Adeyeye Confirms by visijo(m): 1:39pm On Jun 27, 2016
we are in Nigeria..anything can happen.

1 Like

Re: Forgery: Senate’s Standing Rules Were Altered – Chief Whip, Adeyeye Confirms by Nobody: 1:39pm On Jun 27, 2016
I just de watchh!!

3 Likes

Re: Forgery: Senate’s Standing Rules Were Altered – Chief Whip, Adeyeye Confirms by yomalex(m): 1:39pm On Jun 27, 2016
Okay o
Re: Forgery: Senate’s Standing Rules Were Altered – Chief Whip, Adeyeye Confirms by SeverusSnape(m): 1:39pm On Jun 27, 2016
Fact!... Saraki and Ekweremadu can't be removed.

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Forgery: Senate’s Standing Rules Were Altered – Chief Whip, Adeyeye Confirms by Ekejoestar(m): 1:40pm On Jun 27, 2016
And the book says... in the battle of the elephants (FGN & SARAKI) the grass (masses) always suffer(delay in governance)
BUT WHY

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Forgery: Senate’s Standing Rules Were Altered – Chief Whip, Adeyeye Confirms by PigMeat: 1:40pm On Jun 27, 2016
HungerBAD:
It was altered?

I might not be a Lawyer, but common sense tells me an offense has been committed. This Saraki and his band of adventurers, are a serious distraction on our polity. These guys are holding the Senate, and by extension, Nigerians hostage.

Saraki is British, and he should take a cue from his brother David Cameron, and just resign with dignity.
what is this robot saying?

28 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Forgery: Senate’s Standing Rules Were Altered – Chief Whip, Adeyeye Confirms by valdes00(m): 1:40pm On Jun 27, 2016
I went to the police station to certify my document. On arrival, I met one of the policemen reading the bible, specifically Genesis, I was so impressed so I asked him, “Officer, who killed Abel, Adam’s son?” He raised his head, looked at my face with dismay and said, “I don’t know, ask Sgt Asare, he is in charge of murder cases.”¤¤¤¤¤
HAVE A BLESSED WEEk AHEAD

39 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Forgery: Senate’s Standing Rules Were Altered – Chief Whip, Adeyeye Confirms by Lawalemi(m): 1:40pm On Jun 27, 2016
All these stories while the economy suffer

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Forgery: Senate’s Standing Rules Were Altered – Chief Whip, Adeyeye Confirms by eleko1: 1:41pm On Jun 27, 2016
Ok,if he escape dis,his koboko(horse whip) dey Danladi CCT roof top undecided we dey wait
Re: Forgery: Senate’s Standing Rules Were Altered – Chief Whip, Adeyeye Confirms by fkpboss: 1:42pm On Jun 27, 2016
Saraki can not and will not be removed, so you guys should forget all these shits and look for a way our minister of darkness provides light for this country. The last time we had power in our hood was like 5 days ago and the man kept on saying all power belongs to God

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Forgery: Senate’s Standing Rules Were Altered – Chief Whip, Adeyeye Confirms by Mintek: 1:42pm On Jun 27, 2016
Senate leadership tussle still lingering after a year now while the economy goes comatose.

The APC was truly never prepared for governance.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Forgery: Senate’s Standing Rules Were Altered – Chief Whip, Adeyeye Confirms by midolian(m): 1:42pm On Jun 27, 2016
They can't be removed but can be jailed. Fine!

10 Likes

Re: Forgery: Senate’s Standing Rules Were Altered – Chief Whip, Adeyeye Confirms by olumaxi(m): 1:43pm On Jun 27, 2016
Saraki cant b removed ke?...this chief whip shld b whipped silly....nonsense talk...id iotic man...fool...corrupt..thief..barao...instead for him to advise saraki to step down honourably...u wil al rot on earth and in hell for looting dis country

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Forgery: Senate’s Standing Rules Were Altered – Chief Whip, Adeyeye Confirms by dunkem21(m): 1:43pm On Jun 27, 2016
grin
Re: Forgery: Senate’s Standing Rules Were Altered – Chief Whip, Adeyeye Confirms by truthspeaks: 1:43pm On Jun 27, 2016
One year don pass yet buhari has not bn able to jail a fly. Pls all ye zombies, tell him to face governance n make the lives of Nigerians better. Wen we r full in our tummy, we ll be hapi to watch all these political movies u ppl keep releasing

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Forgery: Senate’s Standing Rules Were Altered – Chief Whip, Adeyeye Confirms by MadCow1: 1:43pm On Jun 27, 2016
Saraki is going down..

1 Like

Re: Forgery: Senate’s Standing Rules Were Altered – Chief Whip, Adeyeye Confirms by raphealolami(m): 1:44pm On Jun 27, 2016
who will a housefly favour?
Re: Forgery: Senate’s Standing Rules Were Altered – Chief Whip, Adeyeye Confirms by donklint86: 1:44pm On Jun 27, 2016
ok
Re: Forgery: Senate’s Standing Rules Were Altered – Chief Whip, Adeyeye Confirms by omonla10(m): 1:44pm On Jun 27, 2016
Can u imagine.. We've got so used to impunity.. I don't see a way out with the present set up.. A white man would have resigned loooong ago before it got to this.. Smh for this country

3 Likes

Re: Forgery: Senate’s Standing Rules Were Altered – Chief Whip, Adeyeye Confirms by mastengsynergy: 1:44pm On Jun 27, 2016
Gbam!!! Remove Saraki then PDP will take over the Senate President.

3 Likes

Re: Forgery: Senate’s Standing Rules Were Altered – Chief Whip, Adeyeye Confirms by dfrost: 1:44pm On Jun 27, 2016
HungerBAD:
It was altered?

I might not be a Lawyer, but common sense tells me an offense has been committed.

Your last statement got me cracking cheesy
Re: Forgery: Senate’s Standing Rules Were Altered – Chief Whip, Adeyeye Confirms by ayusco85(m): 1:45pm On Jun 27, 2016
If it were altered why did they plead not guilty?

Nigerian politicians are very allergic to the truth and honesty.
Re: Forgery: Senate’s Standing Rules Were Altered – Chief Whip, Adeyeye Confirms by Pedagogue: 1:45pm On Jun 27, 2016
Senator Adeyeye is one of the coded APC supporters of Saraki. Although his loyalty to Tinubu & Aregbesola has never been questioned, he certainly likes his position as Chief Whip and he knows that any change of hands can affect his position.

Remember the golden rule in politics: Self-interest!

That said, Sen Adeyeye goofed.The law does not respect the popularity of Saraki in the Senate. Rather, the position of the law is that a person convicted of forgery is liable to 14 years imprisonment. Or what will become of Saraki's much vaunted popularity if he's jailed?

Again, Sen Adeyeye needs to realise that Saraki's tradducers are not interested in impeaching him. They know that It is almost impossible to achieve that. This explains why they are using the court-option- which is deadlier. Many do not know that if Saraki is found guilty by the Court or CCT, he'll certainly be booted out of office and probably jailed.

So, this is certainly not the best of times for Saraki. He has 2 serious cases against him. They are serious because any of the cases can kill his political career FOR LIFE! Although Sen Saraki may probably escape being found guilty of forgery (because it will be difficult to prove that he forged), it will however be difficult for him to extricate himself from the second charge of Conspiracy to Commit Forgery!

15 Likes

Re: Forgery: Senate’s Standing Rules Were Altered – Chief Whip, Adeyeye Confirms by Pedagogue: 1:46pm On Jun 27, 2016
Bb
Re: Forgery: Senate’s Standing Rules Were Altered – Chief Whip, Adeyeye Confirms by forgiveness: 1:46pm On Jun 27, 2016
Alter = Forgery grin Chai!

2 Likes

Re: Forgery: Senate’s Standing Rules Were Altered – Chief Whip, Adeyeye Confirms by Morkavictor: 1:47pm On Jun 27, 2016
HungerBAD:
It was altered?
what of buhari that is holding Nigeria hostage with his cluelessness and nepotism.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Breaking: Boko Haram Members Denounce Membership Of Sect / Burial Rites Of Thomas Osen Ekpemupolo, Tompolo's Father Have Commenced (Pics) / Oronsanye Report: Buhari Asks SGF, HOS To Scrap, Merge Some Agencies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.