Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,894 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:13 AM

Why Do We Fall Ill After Eating Food From Another Tribe/country Etc - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Do We Fall Ill After Eating Food From Another Tribe/country Etc (914 Views)

Judging From These Photos,which Tribe Has The Most Beautiful Women? / Most Populous Tribe In Nigeria / My Conversation With A Well Educated Mentally Ill Man, (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do We Fall Ill After Eating Food From Another Tribe/country Etc by onila(f): 1:59pm On Jun 27, 2016
is it that they dont cook well compared to ur tribe
or they arent clean enough compared to ur tribe

or u are just reacting to the different ingredients being used
Re: Why Do We Fall Ill After Eating Food From Another Tribe/country Etc by Kexorcist(m): 7:27am On Jun 28, 2016
It's the difference in germs. Oftentimes, there are different bacteria which naturally live with the foods of different peoples. Some peoples may also be more strict on keeping food clean or controlling bacteria than others. There is also just the fact that different people have different immune responses. When I lived in Russia for a year, everyone tried the local yogurt and dairy products. I was the only one who never got sick from them. When I say sick, I mean food poisoning that kept people in bed for days. Travelling is also stressful and you are exposed to different pathogens than at home. Your body is not only weaker, but it has less preexisting defense for the new things it has to fight. I recall being pretty healthy in Russia until we took a trip to Saint Petersburg. Then, on our second day there, I woke up with a terrible flu: a fever >38C, I was not thinking well, I was tired, I was slow, and my nose was all clogged. It took more than a week to get better, and I always had a cold for the rest of the time I was there.
Re: Why Do We Fall Ill After Eating Food From Another Tribe/country Etc by onila(f): 4:05pm On Jun 28, 2016
Kexorcist:
It's the difference in germs. Oftentimes, there are different bacteria which naturally live with the foods of different peoples. Some peoples may also be more strict on keeping food clean or controlling bacteria than others. There is also just the fact that different people have different immune responses. When I lived in Russia for a year, everyone tried the local yogurt and dairy products. I was the only one who never got sick from them. When I say sick, I mean food poisoning that kept people in bed for days. Travelling is also stressful and you are exposed to different pathogens than at home. Your body is not only weaker, but it has less preexisting defense for the new things it has to fight. I recall being pretty healthy in Russia until we took a trip to Saint Petersburg. Then, on our second day there, I woke up with a terrible flu: a fever >38C, I was not thinking well, I was tired, I was slow, and my nose was all clogged. It took more than a week to get better, and I always had a cold for the rest of the time I was there.
thanks
Re: Why Do We Fall Ill After Eating Food From Another Tribe/country Etc by OPCNAIRALAND: 11:34am On Jun 30, 2016
This is a very good topic and I hope it makes front page to bring awareness on the duo-dynamics of soil and dna.

The myth of Oduduwa descending on a chain with soil and rooster contains aspects that have applications in many areas of mundane living and this is one of them.

The bio of a native people in combination with the eco of their environ (soil, vegetation, air, water) are one dynamically. The other dynamic is their seasons. So what comes out of the soil in combination with what is produced by the suspended canopy of atmosphere play a vital role iin physical health and homeopathic balance.

Because the soil and season changes with distance and geo location food produce is different and so is the cuisine and food culture of a people. Changing location therefore produces imbalance in the bio system that results in sickness. If the body remains in that new location for a prolonged time the shock and adversity to the bio system diminishes.
Re: Why Do We Fall Ill After Eating Food From Another Tribe/country Etc by onila(f): 12:40pm On Jun 30, 2016
OPCNAIRALAND:
This is a very good topic and I hope it makes front page to bring awareness on the duo-dynamics of soil and dna.

The myth of Oduduwa descending on a chain with soil and rooster contains aspects that have applications in many areas of mundane living and this is one of them.

The bio of a native people in combination with the eco of their environ (soil, vegetation, air, water) are one dynamically. The other dynamic is their seasons. So what comes out of the soil in combination with what is produced by the suspended canopy of atmosphere play a vital role iin physical health and homeopathic balance.

Because the soil and season changes with distance and geo location food produce is different and so is the cuisine and food culture of a people. Changing location therefore produces imbalance in the bio system that results in sickness. If the body remains in that new location for a prolonged time the shock and adversity to the bio system diminishes.

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Fall Ill After Eating Food From Another Tribe/country Etc by tonyobj(m): 6:55am On Jul 01, 2016
@Onila, the important thing is to get rid of the tribe barrier. #detribalizeyourself. No tribe is better than the next. That said, you will enjoy all meals subsequently, provided you don't over do it.
Re: Why Do We Fall Ill After Eating Food From Another Tribe/country Etc by Rukkydelta(f): 11:15pm On Jul 01, 2016
Onila

(1) (Reply)

Top Ten countries in Africa with the most beautiful women / Scientists Query Igbo Ways Of Measuring Penis Length / Yoruba Ways If Counting Is Superior To European

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.