Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,174 members, 7,807,558 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:18 PM

Jarushub Career Tips - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Jarushub Career Tips (18668 Views)

Top 5 Basic Career Tips You May Not Know - Read Them Now / Enroll For Jarushub's Graduate And Professional Employablity Training / 38 Career Tips You Must Know If You Want To Be Successful In Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jarushub Career Tips by JARUSHUB: 12:59pm On Aug 03, 2016
JARUSHUB CAREER TIP FOR AUGUST 3, 2016

'What pay do you expect?' If pressed further, name price, which you must have researched and be reasonable.
Re: Jarushub Career Tips by JARUSHUB: 2:10pm On Aug 04, 2016
JARUSHUB CAREER TIP FOR AUGUST 4, 2016

'What pay do you expect?' Do your research beforehand, ask around or through internet forums like Nairaland. Add for example, N1m to the annual pay you heard.
Re: Jarushub Career Tips by JARUSHUB: 11:58am On Aug 05, 2016
JARUSHUB CAREER TIP FOR AUGUST 5, 2016

'What pay do you expect?' Usually inconsequential at entry level, but may be your undoing, e.g asking for N10m as entry level in a bank.
Re: Jarushub Career Tips by JARUSHUB: 11:54am On Aug 08, 2016
JARUSHUB CAREER TIP FOR AUGUST 8, 2016

'Do you have any question for us?' Opportunity to dazzle. Don't ask the general question everyone is expected to ask. Research well
Re: Jarushub Career Tips by JARUSHUB: 11:18am On Aug 09, 2016
JARUSHUB CAREER TIP FOR AUGUST 9, 2016

'Do you have any question for us?' Have your question in mind, although can change if during the interview more interesting thing comes to your mind.
Re: Jarushub Career Tips by JARUSHUB: 12:08pm On Aug 11, 2016
JARUSHUB CAREER TIP FOR AUGUST 11, 2016

Interviewing with upstream oil companies, you can ask question around how they have been able to cope in the face of security challenges.
Re: Jarushub Career Tips by JARUSHUB: 11:29am On Aug 12, 2016
JARUSHUB CAREER TIP FOR AUGUST 12, 2016

Interviewing with a bank, you can ask them how they manage to emerge even stronger in the face of the crisis that hit the sector few years back.
Re: Jarushub Career Tips by JARUSHUB: 11:12am On Aug 15, 2016
JARUSHUB CAREER TIP FOR AUGUST 15, 2016

'Do you have any question for us?' Everybody likes to be praised, explore this psychology in carving your question.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jarushub Career Tips by positivec(f): 10:19pm On Aug 15, 2016
Sir , can you create a group on watsapp for those that want to follow your tips keenly.
Thank You
Re: Jarushub Career Tips by JARUSHUB: 11:19am On Aug 16, 2016
JARUSHUB CAREER TIP FOR AUGUST 16, 2016

When people say Big 4 is easier, it doesn’t mean their recruitment process is a walk in the park. What it means is: Your course of study doesn’t matter once you have a 2.1
Re: Jarushub Career Tips by JARUSHUB: 11:25am On Aug 16, 2016
positivec:
Sir , can you create a group on watsapp for those that want to follow your tips keenly.
Thank You

Thank you for your interest, kindly send a message with your whatsapp number to 08085404500 requesting to be added to our whatsapp group.
Re: Jarushub Career Tips by JARUSHUB: 11:13am On Aug 17, 2016
JARUSHUB CAREER TIP FOR AUGUST 17, 2016

When people say Big 4 is easier, it doesn’t mean their recruitment process is a walk in the park. What it means is: Their recruitment process is largely, probably absolutely, merit-driven.
Re: Jarushub Career Tips by JARUSHUB: 2:10pm On Aug 19, 2016
JARUSHUB CAREER TIP FOR AUGUST 19, 2016

When people say Big 4 is easier, it doesn’t mean their recruitment process is a walk in the park. What it means is: They recruit entry level almost more than any company.
Re: Jarushub Career Tips by JARUSHUB: 11:01am On Aug 22, 2016
JARUSHUB CAREER TIP FOR AUGUST 22, 2016

When people say Big 4 is easier, it doesn’t mean their recruitment process is a walk in the park. What it means is: There are a lot of information out there on their recruitment processes.
Re: Jarushub Career Tips by Nobody: 3:33pm On Aug 24, 2016
I've known Mr Jarus,not 2day...u used to have a blog before but don't know of now.

Tnx for ur great tips,really benefited from it,am in search of a job tho,a Banking and finance graduate.

1 Like

Re: Jarushub Career Tips by Lulumusic: 4:10pm On Aug 24, 2016
Check out this facebook page. www.facebook.com/weekendactingclasses
Re: Jarushub Career Tips by JARUSHUB: 4:08pm On Aug 25, 2016
JARUSHUB CAREER TIP FOR AUGUST 25, 2016

Launching a startup is one of the most arduous endeavors any entrepreneur can pursue as he/she would have to endure the difficult path of innovation, product market fit, team cohesion, and scaling.
Re: Jarushub Career Tips by JARUSHUB: 10:34am On Aug 26, 2016
JARUSHUB CAREER TIP FOR AUGUST 26, 2016

Nigerian economy has not been the most conducive for startup founders in the country, and as such, entrepreneurs new to the game have to keep in mind that startups are worth the stress.
Re: Jarushub Career Tips by bintalabi(f): 9:31pm On Aug 26, 2016
Confusion is a punishment from Allah
I'm confused career-wise
Ya Allah safe me from your punishments

1 Like

Re: Jarushub Career Tips by JARUSHUB: 10:55am On Aug 29, 2016
JARUSHUB CAREER TIP FOR AUGUST 29, 2016

Nigerian economy has not been the most conducive for startup founders in the country, and as such, entrepreneurs new to the game need to realize that the possibilities are endless and the experience is invaluable, no matter how difficult or discouraging the situation is.
Re: Jarushub Career Tips by JARUSHUB: 11:45am On Aug 30, 2016
JARUSHUB CAREER TIP FOR AUGUST 30, 2016

Entrepreneurs new to the game need to realize that very few have the opportunity to create things that never were, make a massive impact, positively change lives, or push our society forward. Keep your eyes set on your vision and stay optimistic.
Re: Jarushub Career Tips by JARUSHUB: 11:17am On Aug 31, 2016
JARUSHUB CAREER TIP FOR AUGUST 31, 2016

A startup business takes time to build, appreciate the process. Learn to be patient with not just the people that cross your path, but also with yourself.
Re: Jarushub Career Tips by JARUSHUB: 12:08pm On Sep 01, 2016
JARUSHUB CAREER TIP FOR SEPTEMBER 1, 2016

A startup business takes time to build, appreciate the process. Everything will not go according to plan, brace yourself for that. Learn to improvise when necessary and enjoy slow periods.

1 Like

Re: Jarushub Career Tips by JARUSHUB: 3:23pm On Sep 02, 2016
JARUSHUB CAREER TIP FOR SEPTEMBER 2, 2016

There are many factors that impact the startup building process and there will be times when you will be faced with an endless cycle of obstacles. Rather than question your choices or give up, have faith, trust the process, and remember that Rome was not built in one day.
Re: Jarushub Career Tips by JARUSHUB: 12:19pm On Sep 03, 2016
bintalabi:
Confusion is a punishment from Allah

I'm confused career-wise

Ya Allah safe me from your punishments

Ameen but you might want to seek advice from people. If you do not mind, you can send us via info@jarushub.com
Re: Jarushub Career Tips by JARUSHUB: 1:37pm On Sep 05, 2016
JARUSHUB CAREER TIP FOR SEPTEMBER 5, 2016

A startup business takes time to build, appreciate the process and have faith. When you think you have failed, try again and trust that the output will be different, quite often, the most successful entrepreneurs have failed repeatedly until they had a breakthrough.
Re: Jarushub Career Tips by giftedhands101: 2:27pm On Sep 05, 2016
Re: Jarushub Career Tips by JARUSHUB: 3:58pm On Sep 07, 2016
giftedhands101:
Good day, i was in an interview recently for a teaching position. We were given a form to state our current and expected salary. I wrote my current and wrote negotiable for expected salary. During the final interview, i was asked my expected pay again and I said they should make me a fair offer then we negotiate.

They refused to make an offer rather they continued with other questions. At the end, the same question was asked again and i gave same reply and they said they would inform their director.

Please what is your opinion about my response since they were trying to be shady about what they intend to pay.

They were not trying to be 'shady'. Rather, they wanted to know if they can match your salary expectation.

The best way to get around this issue is to do some intelligence work on any organization you have applied to that invites you for interview. Try to find people who can supply you with their salary range for the position you have applied for.

This way when you are asked repeatedly like this, you can give a figure that is slightly above their scale which they can negotiate to what both sides would be comfortable with.

Your strategy would have been okay for structured organizations with fixed salary scale, they are not likely to keep asking you this question.
Re: Jarushub Career Tips by JARUSHUB: 11:38am On Sep 08, 2016
JARUSHUB CAREER TIP FOR SEPTEMBER 8, 2016

To be a successful entrepreneur you have to be passionate about your business - It’s important to love what you do and ensure that your passion and goals are greater than your challenges.
Re: Jarushub Career Tips by JARUSHUB: 12:55pm On Sep 09, 2016
JARUSHUB CAREER TIP FOR SEPTEMBER 9, 2016

To be a successful entrepreneur you have to be passionate about your business - Constantly ask yourself this question: Am I living and working with passion? You are a step towards being successful, when your answer becomes a YES.
Re: Jarushub Career Tips by JARUSHUB: 1:17pm On Sep 14, 2016
JARUSHUB CAREER TIP FOR SEPTEMBER 14, 2016

To be a successful entrepreneur you have to let go of fear - Acknowledging your thirst to venture into entrepreneurship is the first step a prospective entrepreneur needs to take note of.
Re: Jarushub Career Tips by Talann379: 8:19pm On Sep 14, 2016
Hello every one, how are you? smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Poorly Describe What You Do For A Living / Tolulope Fayokun Wins Racial Profiling Case Against US Pharmaceutical Firm / An Office Job Of 70K Or Home Lecture Between 90- 110k. Which Will You Prefer?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.