Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,653 members, 7,801,903 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:55 AM

Lagos/ogun Killings: Ijaw And Yoruba Nations To Hold Emergency Summit - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos/ogun Killings: Ijaw And Yoruba Nations To Hold Emergency Summit (1488 Views)

Obasanjo, Babangida, Jonathan, Called To Hold Emergency Meeting, Over Buhari / Killings: Ijaw Leaders, Afenifere To Hold Emergency Peace Summit / Osinbajo Urges Africa Nations To Develop Robust Tax Administration Systems (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos/ogun Killings: Ijaw And Yoruba Nations To Hold Emergency Summit by Nobody: 3:33pm On Jun 27, 2016
The recent spate of mindless killings of innocent people in some Ogun and Lagos communities by some bandits have created worries in the Yoruba and Ijaw nations because of the shared respect of the right to life and given the insinuations about the identity of these killers.

The allegation that the killers are from Niger Delta without proper investigation and apprehension of any suspects is capable of creating conflicts between the peoples of the two nations if responsible leaders do not quickly step in to ensure that justice is done for the victims and measures evolved to ensure that such a situation never recurs.

Leaders across the two nations have out of serious concern for precious lives lost in these cold-blooded murders launched investigations into what happened in those communities with the aim of nudging the state to apprehend the perpetrators and put a stop to such callousness.

Arising from such efforts and high level contacts, Ijaw Leader Chief E. K. Clarke and Afenifere Leader, Chief R. F. Fasoranti have agreed that a joint consultative meeting of Ijaw and Yoruba nations must hold quickly to nip this crisis in the bud and reaffirm the joint humanity of both nations against wanton destruction of human lives symbolized by the atrocious carnage.

Towards this end, an emergency summit of the two nations will hold in Lagos on Friday, July 1.2016.

In the meantime, the leaders appeal to peoples of the two nations to sustain their existing peace, be vigilant of their environment, and await the outcome of the consultations.

Signed

Yinka Odumakin Odumakin.
National Publicity Secretary of Afenifere.

For: Chief E.K Clarke, Ijaw Leader
Chief R.F Fasoranti, Leader of Afenifere

3 Likes

Re: Lagos/ogun Killings: Ijaw And Yoruba Nations To Hold Emergency Summit by Rayhutar(m): 3:43pm On Jun 27, 2016
Afenifere should hold meeting with agberos and area boys first that is operating in Ikorodu and the entire lagos, nothing concern ND and Ijaw with that

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos/ogun Killings: Ijaw And Yoruba Nations To Hold Emergency Summit by codedslayer: 3:44pm On Jun 27, 2016
Rayhutar:
Afenifere should hold meeting will agberos and area boys first, nothing concern ND and Ijaw with that

Ibo man, whats your own headache. You are always everywhere trying to cause confusion while licking a.ss as well. Dont you have shame?

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos/ogun Killings: Ijaw And Yoruba Nations To Hold Emergency Summit by Rayhutar(m): 3:48pm On Jun 27, 2016
codedslayer:

Ibo man, whats your own headache. You are always everywherw trying to cause confusion while licking a.ss as well. Dont you have shame?
Let them tackle the menace of Agberos in Yoruba land first before pointing accusing finger on innocent ND and Ijaw people. When two agbero group are killing people you will start calling Ijaw and ND. What is the interest of Ijaw people and ND in Ikorodu to start killing innocent people

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos/ogun Killings: Ijaw And Yoruba Nations To Hold Emergency Summit by TheFreeOne: 3:50pm On Jun 27, 2016
Yoruba Nation

Ijaw Nation

wink

In the light of Brexit....it's high time Nigerians look inwards too

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos/ogun Killings: Ijaw And Yoruba Nations To Hold Emergency Summit by Nobody: 3:50pm On Jun 27, 2016
Rayhutar:
Afenifere should hold meeting with agberos and area boys first that is operating in Ikorodu and the entire lagos, nothing concern ND and Ijaw with that

Rayhutar:

Let them tackle the menace of Agberos in Yoruba land first before pointing accusing finger on innocent ND and Ijaw people. When two agbero group are killing people you start calling Ijaw and ND

Gtfoh Gigbo!

Typical dinosaur head always wishing Yorubas evil then later cry about how Yorubas hate him and blah blah when it's his turn. Funny enough, chances are there were Gigbos among those killed but your hatred for Yorubas won't let you think deep. I know y'all shared free plantain chips the day this happened but nothing do una. Una time go come and y'all will meet us here. I deliberately didn't post on that thread the day this happened

By the way, Any updates on the Buratai-Onitsha shooting party?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos/ogun Killings: Ijaw And Yoruba Nations To Hold Emergency Summit by codedslayer: 3:52pm On Jun 27, 2016
Rayhutar:

Let them tackle the menace of Agberos in Yoruba land first before pointing accusing finger on innocent ND and Ijaw people. When two agbero group are killing people you start calling I jaw and ND

Hypocrite yiiboe, there are also agberos at upper iweka and the red mud land. But you land grabber said you own Lagos, why changing your smelly mouth again? Your hatred for Yoruba will surely consume you soon.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos/ogun Killings: Ijaw And Yoruba Nations To Hold Emergency Summit by Rayhutar(m): 3:57pm On Jun 27, 2016
codedslayer:

Hypocrite yiiboe, there are also agberos at upper iweka and the red mud land. But you land grabber said you own Lagos, why changing your smelly mouth again? Your hatred for Yoruba will surely consume you soon.
Face the music, let them tackle agbero problem killing people instead of pointing accusing finger on Ijaws, what is the interest of ND in Ikorodu

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lagos/ogun Killings: Ijaw And Yoruba Nations To Hold Emergency Summit by doyinisaac(m): 3:59pm On Jun 27, 2016
Rayhutar:

6 Likes

Re: Lagos/ogun Killings: Ijaw And Yoruba Nations To Hold Emergency Summit by codedslayer: 4:01pm On Jun 27, 2016
Rayhutar:

Face the music, let them tackle agbero problem killing people instead of pointing accusing finger on Ijaws, what is the interest of ND in Ikorodu

What is the interest of a flat headed man on this thread. The thread is about Yoruba and Ijaw but this hate filled Ibo man is here as usual crying over nothing. This is interesting cheesy cheesy cheesy

9 Likes

Re: Lagos/ogun Killings: Ijaw And Yoruba Nations To Hold Emergency Summit by Nobody: 4:28pm On Jun 27, 2016
Re: Lagos/ogun Killings: Ijaw And Yoruba Nations To Hold Emergency Summit by YoruBanger: 4:33pm On Jun 27, 2016
Obviously Odumakin's faction of Afenifere is showing more concern and responsibility than both Governors of the affected Ogun and Lagos states. I watched Ambode condemn the attacks on t.v but he needs to do more! The identity and ethnicity of the perpetrators isn't in doubt and political correctness will not solve the problem at this point -- but superior show of force against the brazen perpetrators certainly will.

If Kano state government can officially setup its own localized police (the Hisbah) to intimidate non-Muslims in the state into compliance, I see no reason why Lagos and Ogun can't exploit the same privilege and setup well-armed vigilantes in the affected areas, capable of overpowering the ijaw miscreants terrorizing Yorubas on their own land, since the police and the army are obviously not up to the task.

6 Likes

Re: Lagos/ogun Killings: Ijaw And Yoruba Nations To Hold Emergency Summit by UyiIredia(m): 4:34pm On Jun 27, 2016
Summit will not solve the problem. Let the police handle the situation.
Re: Lagos/ogun Killings: Ijaw And Yoruba Nations To Hold Emergency Summit by DaBullIT(m): 4:43pm On Jun 27, 2016
That's why Yoruba is great, we do not engage in mindless killings , vengeance or protests in front of embassies , and i am sure if after the meeting the miscreants are not produced , there will be reprisals in form of point and kill , anything looking like Ijaw or Niger Delta will be massacred, i am just worried about the innocent ones

Yoruba land is the safest place to be right now , some goats should not come and destroy our peace and prosperity

3 Likes

Re: Lagos/ogun Killings: Ijaw And Yoruba Nations To Hold Emergency Summit by VirginFinder: 4:49pm On Jun 27, 2016
DaBullIT:
That's why Yoruba is great, we do not engage in mindless killings , vengeance or protests in front of embassies , and i am sure if after the meeting the miscreants are not produced , there will be reprisals in form of point and kill , anything looking like Ijaw or Niger Delta will be massacred, i am just worried about the innocent ones

Yoruba land is the safest place to be right now , some goats should not come and destroy our peace and prosperity

Rubbish

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos/ogun Killings: Ijaw And Yoruba Nations To Hold Emergency Summit by DaBullIT(m): 5:01pm On Jun 27, 2016
Thank you , now go and embrace the next transformer ,
VirginFinder:

Rubbish

1 Like

Re: Lagos/ogun Killings: Ijaw And Yoruba Nations To Hold Emergency Summit by Progressive01(m): 5:11pm On Jun 27, 2016
OmoAjowa7:

Gtfoh Gigbo!

Typical dinosaur head always wishing Yorubas evil then later cry about how Yorubas hate him and blah blah when it's his turn. Funny enough, chances are there were Gigbos among those killed but your hatred for Yorubas won't let you think deep. I know y'all shared free plantain chips the day this happened but nothing do una. Una time go come and y'all will meet us here. I deliberately didn't post on that thread the day this happened

By the way, Any updates on the Buratai-Onitsha shooting party?
@coloured: Hahahahahahahaha!!! gringringrin

3 Likes

Re: Lagos/ogun Killings: Ijaw And Yoruba Nations To Hold Emergency Summit by DaBullIT(m): 6:51pm On Jun 27, 2016
wink your opinion
Alokendra:

Enough of these chest beatings.. We Yorubas can use mouth to win wars. I put it to you that we would and cannot do anything. Everyone has always preyed on us from Fulani herdsmen to iPod to Ijaw..We just accept shit like that without putting up a fight. The powerful will always prey on the powerless. All these boasting about a reprisal is nothing but a farce.

Yoruba and cowardice is like 5&6. You and I know the truth. We only try to cover it by saying we're peaceful. We're not as peaceful as we think we're. We just do not have that liver to unleash mayhem on our oppressors. They will slap us one cheek, and we would not hesitate to turn the other cheek for another round of slap.

All these your boastings and over bloated ego only exist in a figment of your imagination. It won't still stop the ijaws from whopping our ass right in our own lands.

It sucks to be a Yoruba sometimes mehn! Damn.

1 Like

Re: Lagos/ogun Killings: Ijaw And Yoruba Nations To Hold Emergency Summit by Alokendra(m): 7:02pm On Jun 27, 2016
Yoruba definition of being peaceful = slap me on the left cheek and I will dobale for you not to slap my right cheek. Nonsense!

Just like a silly man knelt down before Fayose. A family man..Jeez

An eye for an eye; a tooth for a tooth. Cowards be forming sophisticated and peacefulness to hide their cowardice. I ain't fooled by that rhetoric!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos/ogun Killings: Ijaw And Yoruba Nations To Hold Emergency Summit by maslong(m): 7:07pm On Jun 27, 2016
YoruBanger:
Obviously Odumakin's faction of Afenifere is showing more concern and responsibility than both Governors of the affected Ogun and Lagos states. I watched Ambode condemn the attacks on t.v but he needs to do more! The identity and ethnicity of the perpetrators isn't in doubt and political correctness will not solve the problem at this point -- but superior show of force against the brazen perpetrators certainly will.

If Kano state government can officially setup its own localized police (the Hisbah) to intimidate non-Muslims in the state into compliance, I see no reason why Lagos and Ogun can't exploit the same privilege and setup well-armed vigilantes in the affected areas, capable of overpowering the ijaw miscreants terrorizing Yorubas on their own land, since the police and the army are obviously not up to the task.

As an Igbo guy I don't like insulting the Yorubas nor any evil on the Yoruba nation.
But my question is what is the interest of the Ijaw in killing a fellow southerners ? please you people should look inward .
Re: Lagos/ogun Killings: Ijaw And Yoruba Nations To Hold Emergency Summit by Nobody: 7:11pm On Jun 27, 2016
kudos to both parties,ensuring peace is paramount.
to the useless yeebos spitting nonsense as usual what have they done to Nigerian army after killing ipob touts,what about the people killed by Fulani herdsmen in Enugu and the women that ran mad as a result.

1 Like

Re: Lagos/ogun Killings: Ijaw And Yoruba Nations To Hold Emergency Summit by YoruBanger: 7:54pm On Jun 27, 2016
Alokendra:
Yoruba definition of being peaceful = slap me on the left cheek and I will dobale for you not to slap my right cheek. Nonsense!

Just like a silly man knelt down before Fayose. A family man..Jeez

An eye for an eye; a tooth for a tooth. Cowards be forming sophisticated and peacefulness to hide their cowardice. I ain't fooled by that rhetoric!

Keep gloating you hear? There's a reason why God made you and some of your kinsmen's heads flat -- it's because he deliberately deprived you lots of a fully functional brain. Consequently you always end up reasoning upside down and talk like a bunch of rettar.ds. undecided

Yorubas have an extremely violent side that is prone to barbarism, but the genes responsible for such proclivity has laid dormant for well over a century, thanks in part to civilization. But make no mistake about it, this proud race of no less than 40-million in population is naturally endowed with the capacity and propensity toward aggression AND the defense of herself against her foes. It is embedded in our DNA. Nobody has a monopoly of violence. 'One Nigeria' has only managed to tame our more assertive side (in exchange for an overrated 'sophistication'), but not extinguished it.

If in doubt, feel free to consult her extensive history in war-making for a refresher course. Anumpama.

5 Likes

Re: Lagos/ogun Killings: Ijaw And Yoruba Nations To Hold Emergency Summit by MXrep: 1:39am On Jun 28, 2016
Ijaw killed you, you held a meeting and start celebrating and calling igbos.

1 Like

Re: Lagos/ogun Killings: Ijaw And Yoruba Nations To Hold Emergency Summit by babyfaceafrica: 2:38am On Jun 28, 2016
Source?

(1) (Reply)

PHOTOS: Crowd Welcome Abia State Governor,uche Ogah In Umuahia This Morning / PDP Ize Iyamu Changes Venue After EDSG Stadium Refusal / 20 Soldiers Died So Far – Avengers Sends Strong Message To President Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.