Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,366 members, 7,800,738 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:41 AM

I Want To Go For 2009 Or 10 Volkswagen Passat CC. Advice Please - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / I Want To Go For 2009 Or 10 Volkswagen Passat CC. Advice Please (4693 Views)

300,000 Volkswagen Dumped In California Desert (Photos) / Advice Needed. A Venza 2009 Or Toyota Camry 2011. / Looking For Headlamps & Front Grille For 2009 Hyundai Genesis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Go For 2009 Or 10 Volkswagen Passat CC. Advice Please by Nobody: 6:10pm On Jun 27, 2016
Good evening great people of Nairaland.
I would like to go for any of the above mentioned cars, I want to knw about the pros and cons, problems and what-a-view. Your contributions will be highly appreciated. Thanks smiley
lalasticlala abeg
Re: I Want To Go For 2009 Or 10 Volkswagen Passat CC. Advice Please by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:18am On Jun 28, 2016
DrZedd:
I would like to go for any of the above mentioned cars, I want to knw about the pros and cons, problems and what-a-view. Your contributions will be highly appreciated. Thanks smiley
lalasticlala abeg

[img]http://media2.popsugar-assets.com/files/thumbor/VruZ22qUYcz_g-rBhR5CZ7mKd2Q=/fit-in/1024x1024/2015/06/10/721/n/1922283/dc88bffe85d84c98_213093-game-of-thrones-tyrion-why-gif/i/Hell-question-your-poor-decisions.gif[/img]
Re: I Want To Go For 2009 Or 10 Volkswagen Passat CC. Advice Please by Nobody: 9:38am On Jun 28, 2016
Re: I Want To Go For 2009 Or 10 Volkswagen Passat CC. Advice Please by Nobody: 3:56pm On Jun 28, 2016
Anybody? cc Siena
Re: I Want To Go For 2009 Or 10 Volkswagen Passat CC. Advice Please by subnormal: 10:08pm On Jun 28, 2016
The car is very fast, powerful and handles very well. I drive the 2010 Volkswagen cc and I will recommend it to you, op. I will advice you to buy the 2.0 turbo version instead of the VR6

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Go For 2009 Or 10 Volkswagen Passat CC. Advice Please by Nobody: 12:08am On Jun 29, 2016
subnormal:
The car is very fast, powerful and handles very well. I drive the 2010 Volkswagen cc and I will recommend it to you, op. I will advice you to buy the 2.0 turbo version instead of the VR6
wow. Thanks. Does it give you any problems? How about fuel consumption? Thanks
Re: I Want To Go For 2009 Or 10 Volkswagen Passat CC. Advice Please by Lexusgs430: 4:31am On Jun 29, 2016
DrZedd:
lalasticlala abeg

Both are equally the same car. The only thing drawing them apart, is the year of manufacture.
Engine variations + trim levels would only be the difference and fuel type
Re: I Want To Go For 2009 Or 10 Volkswagen Passat CC. Advice Please by sooperrescue(m): 3:49am On Jul 01, 2016
Take a trip to volkwagen center in gbagada and you will find many of them lying fallow in their father's vineyard and you will understand why you should move on. I have clients that own some and they praise the performance of the car. Pros and cons but my candid advice, dont dsbble into the matter. Unless they have suceeded in tropicalising the brand like they did with porsche, then in lastma on radio voice, it is good to go

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Go For 2009 Or 10 Volkswagen Passat CC. Advice Please by ataspray(m): 7:14am On Jul 01, 2016
sooperrescue:
Take a trip to volkwagen center in gbagada and you will find many of them lying fallow in their father's vineyard and you will understand why you should move on. I have clients that own some and they praise the performance of the car. Pros and cons but my candid advice, dont dsbble into the matter. Unless they have suceeded in tropicalising the brand like they did with porsche, then in lastma on radio voice, it is good to go
SORRY TO SAY BUT YOU ARE SICK IN THE HEAD OLD MAN.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Go For 2009 Or 10 Volkswagen Passat CC. Advice Please by ataspray(m): 7:15am On Jul 01, 2016
subnormal:
WHY SIR? I THOUGHT THE VR6 WOULD BE A BETTER CHOICE? BEING THE TURBOS ON THE TURBOCHARGED ENGINE COULD FAIL?

1 Like

Re: I Want To Go For 2009 Or 10 Volkswagen Passat CC. Advice Please by sooperrescue(m): 9:56am On Jul 01, 2016
ataspray:

dont be sorry, just pray that you get to the age where you will be called old man. You were asked to give an advice and you have none to give, then go to the topics of vw jetta and santana. You have never owned a vw, that is why you dont know what to say.

4 Likes

Re: I Want To Go For 2009 Or 10 Volkswagen Passat CC. Advice Please by lourash(m): 12:15pm On Jul 01, 2016
shocked
ataspray:

Re: I Want To Go For 2009 Or 10 Volkswagen Passat CC. Advice Please by Nobody: 4:19pm On Jul 01, 2016
ataspray:

Jeeze, man. That's pretty extreme. Sooper expressed a view, which you may, or may not share. If you disagree, simply do the intelligent thing, and counter his views, with an argument of your own.

Saying he's sick in the head, because he holds a view contrary to yours, on a car is absurd, bordering on the obsessive.

6 Likes

Re: I Want To Go For 2009 Or 10 Volkswagen Passat CC. Advice Please by auhanson(m): 5:22pm On Jul 01, 2016
sooperrescue:

Sooperrescue is not far from the truth. I specifically would have bought one,because it looks like a junior Cls Benz so aesthetically sweet, but i got to tell you that the life after purchase is just too expensive to own over here in Naija , much more costlier than Benz cls. Here in Ph, many lie fallows at mechanic garages , because of one little thing or the other that couldn't be fixed/part couldn't be found at reasonable price. For example, the cost of the engine is enough to buy a clean Mazda 323 direct Tokumbo(about 600k). Except you are ready to be importing the parts. I usually buy cars i could get cheap parts in my local markets either Tokumbo parts or good after markets produce by other manufacturers to bring down cost, by so doing life becomes cheap and easygoing.

This one here has a bent valve in one of the cylinder head. The owner wouldnt want to spend such amount on it again as he has got many other flying cars with less stress, such as Benz CLS, Honda Coupe, Prado, Benz GL

1 Like

Re: I Want To Go For 2009 Or 10 Volkswagen Passat CC. Advice Please by Almaiga: 7:34pm On Jul 01, 2016
auhanson:

Sooperrescue is not far from the truth. I specifically would have bought one,because it looks like a junior Cls Benz so aesthetically sweet, but i got to tell you that the life after purchase is just too expensive to own over here in Naija , much more costlier than Benz cls. Here in Ph, many lie fallows at mechanic garages , because of one little thing or the other that couldn't be fixed/part couldn't be found at reasonable price. For example, the cost of the engine is enough to buy a clean Mazda 323 direct Tokumbo(about 600k).
Except you are ready to be importing the parts. I usually buy cars i could get cheap parts in my local markets either Tokumbo parts or good after markets produce by other manufacturers to bring down cost, by so doing life becomes cheap and easygoing.

This one here has a bent valve in one of the cylinder head. The owner wouldnt want to spend such amount on it again as he has got many other flying cars with less stress, such as Benz CLS, Honda Coupe, Prado, Benz GL

The shape of this car make sense die.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Go For 2009 Or 10 Volkswagen Passat CC. Advice Please by ataspray(m): 9:26pm On Jul 02, 2016
Siena:

Jeeze, man. That's pretty extreme. Sooper expressed a view, which you may, or may not share. If you disagree, simply do the intelligent thing, and counter his views, with an argument of your own.

Saying he's sick in the head, because he holds a view contrary to yours, on a car is absurd, bordering on the obsessive.
I went overboard here. My apologies to you sooperrescue, and everyone else.

5 Likes

Re: I Want To Go For 2009 Or 10 Volkswagen Passat CC. Advice Please by lonelydora: 11:45pm On Jul 02, 2016
ataspray:

I went overboard here. My apologies to you sooperrescue, and everyone else.

That's the spirit bro, exactly what I expected you to do.

4 Likes

Re: I Want To Go For 2009 Or 10 Volkswagen Passat CC. Advice Please by subnormal: 9:31pm On Jul 03, 2016
ataspray:

WHY SIR? I THOUGHT THE VR6 WOULD BE A BETTER CHOICE? BEING THE TURBOS ON THE TURBOCHARGED ENGINE COULD FAIL?

Good question, I read about both models before buying the 2.0 tis version. The VR6 offers no distinct improvement in performance or handling despite the increased cost of purchase. Also, fuel economy is better in the 2.0 tis option
Re: I Want To Go For 2009 Or 10 Volkswagen Passat CC. Advice Please by subnormal: 9:38pm On Jul 03, 2016
DrZedd:
wow. Thanks. Does it give you any problems? How about fuel consumption? Thanks

The tsi engine may be susceptible to carbon build up on the valves. I personally just have the valves cleaned once every 18 months.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Go For 2009 Or 10 Volkswagen Passat CC. Advice Please by auhanson(m): 10:57pm On Jul 03, 2016
subnormal:

The tsi engine may be susceptible to carbon build up on the valves. I personally just have the valves cleaned once every 18 months.

How do you clean the valves?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

This Car Wants To Send Me To The Village. / Help! Help! Help! Eliminate Cockroaches In My Car / See Pictures Of A Bus That Has Toilet, Kitchen, Bedroom And Car Park....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.