Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,253 members, 7,807,865 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:00 PM

Dilemma Of A Nigerian Job Seeker - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Dilemma Of A Nigerian Job Seeker (548 Views)

Ordeals Of A Nigerian Job Seeker In Pictures / My Experience In The Nigerian Job Market / Dear Nigerian Job Interviewers, Please Stop Stressing Us (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Dilemma Of A Nigerian Job Seeker by cashcity: 6:22pm On Jun 27, 2016
I resides in eastern part of Nigeria, my family house, after my NYSC last year Oct . I have applied for jobs severally and was lucky to receive my first invitation from KPMG dis January.

After honouring the invitation, I decides to migrate to lagos with the hope that it will be earsier to secure good jobs or simply closer incase of other job invitations . I rented apartment there and was forced to secure menial jobs when little money I saved from NYSC was drastically reducing.

The problem now is that the recent job invitations I'm receiving is referring me back to east (my state capitals). For example ;

* Police invitation cost me money, 4 days of being absent from work , and risky night journey. I'm likely to do the same when invited for second stage of screening.
* EFCC invitation last week also cost me money, another 3 days of excuse from my job, stress of night journey.
* EEDC at Enugu state just invited me for aptitude test on 4th July. I'm yet to meet my manager for another excuse and yet another journey and expenses.

From lagos to eastern part of Nigeria is like 7-10 hours journey depending on the actual state u are heading to and of course we know the stress and the cost. I'm also risking the little job that is sponsoring all these invitations.

Pls advice me pals, should I move or relocate back to my parents house since any of the jobs invite above may still require me to go back to East.
Re: Dilemma Of A Nigerian Job Seeker by izzou(m): 6:28pm On Jun 27, 2016
cashcity:
I resides in eastern part of Nigeria, my family house, after my NYSC last year Oct . I have applied for jobs severally and was lucky to receive my first invitation from KPMG dis January.

After honouring the invitation, I decides to migrate to lagos with the hope that it will be earsier to secure good jobs or simply closer incase of other job invitations . I rented apartment there and was forced to secure menial jobs when little money I saved from NYSC was drastically reducing.

The problem now is that the recent job invitations I'm receiving is referring me back to east (my state capitals). For example ;

* Police invitation cost me money, 4 days of being absent from work , and risky night journey. I'm likely to do the same when invited for second stage of screening.
* EFCC invitation last week also cost me money, another 3 days of excuse from my job, stress of night journey.
* EEDC at Enugu state just invited me for aptitude test on 4th July. I'm yet to meet my manager for another excuse and yet another journey and expenses.

From lagos to eastern part of Nigeria is like 7-10 hours journey depending on the actual state u are heading to and of course we know the stress and the cost. I'm also risking the little job that is sponsoring all these invitations.

Pls advice me pals, should I move or relocate back to my parents house since any of the jobs invite above may still require me to go back to East.

What do you really want?? ?

Thats the question you should ask yourself
Re: Dilemma Of A Nigerian Job Seeker by Mackin: 9:46pm On Jun 27, 2016
The struggle u are in 2day is developing the strength u need 4 2moro.
Don't giv up!

(1) (Reply)

Professional Tiler Urgently Needed’ In Dubai / Urgent Vacancy As Personal Assistant(king) In Oyo State / JOBS In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.