Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,184 members, 7,807,609 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:09 PM

Buratai Transparent About Dubai Properties: FG - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buratai Transparent About Dubai Properties: FG (26721 Views)

Dubai Properties: Terrorists Have Migrated To The Internet – Buratai / sahara reporters release More Evidence On Buratais' Dubai Properties / Buhari Needs To Be More Transparent About His Personal Finances (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buratai Transparent About Dubai Properties: FG by maupe: 7:28pm On Jun 27, 2016
*Claims allegations aimed at derailing counter-terrorism efforts

Senator Iroegbu in Abuja

The Federal Government has come to the defence of the embattled Chief of Army Staff (COAS), Lt-Gen. Tukur Buratai, concerning the acquisition of properties in Dubai, United Arab Emirates (UAE), saying he was transparent about it.

The Minister of Defence, Brig-Gen. Muhammad Mansur Dan-Ali (rtd), gave this backing on Monday in a statement signed by his Principal General Staff Officer (PGSO), Brig-Gen. Mohammed Sani Ahmed.

Dan-Ali noted that the Army Chief did not hide the properties, as he declared them on more than one occasion to both the Nigerian Army and Code of Conduct Bureau (CCB).

“It is on record that Lt-Gen. Buratai has declared his assets as Commander of the Multi-National Joint Task Force and as Chief of Army Staff to the Code of Conduct Bureau. These facts are verifiable with the Bureau,” he stressed.

The Minister posited that the report was deliberately released to embarrass and tarnish the image of Buratai with the ultimate aim of derailing the counter-terrorism and counter-insurgency operations in the North-East.

Dan-Ali noted that there has been a series of attempts in the past to soil the image of the COAS by those he described as “disgruntled and unpatriotic elements”.

He said: “The Ministry of Defence has observed with dismay the online media report of involvement of the Chief of Army Staff and his family over ownership of property in Dubai.

“It is noteworthy that there has been series of concerted efforts in the past by the same medium and its cohorts to tarnish the image of the person of Lt-Gen. Tukur Buratai for the reason best known to them, which failed to achieve their desired ulterior motives.

“The Ministry of Defence views this as an attempt by some unpatriotic and disgruntled elements to distract the leadership of the Nigerian Armed Forces from the successes of the war against terror particularly in the North East,” he added.

The Minister said that “while appreciating the role of the media in nation-building, it wishes to equally advise the media to exhibit a high sense of professionalism in the discharge of their duties ,especially when it comes to security and defence related matters”.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2016/06/27/buratai-transparent-about-dubai-properties-says-fg/

2 Shares

Re: Buratai Transparent About Dubai Properties: FG by HonSuQMaDIQ(m): 7:30pm On Jun 27, 2016
Not again undecided

1 Like

Re: Buratai Transparent About Dubai Properties: FG by Sealeddeal(m): 7:32pm On Jun 27, 2016
Hmmm! This should not stop EFCC from probing the source of the money used to acquire such properties. Declaring a property with Code of Conduct Bureau, Army or Defense Ministry doesn't eliminate the fact that corrupt means may have been used to acquire such properties.

172 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Buratai Transparent About Dubai Properties: FG by Firefire(m): 7:35pm On Jun 27, 2016
It is Finished!

RIP to the fight against systemic and endemic corruption in Nigeria.

Every other deafening noise of fighting corruption is ONLY A SMOKE SCREEN.

174 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Buratai Transparent About Dubai Properties: FG by Sweetguy25: 7:37pm On Jun 27, 2016
So was Diezani

112 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buratai Transparent About Dubai Properties: FG by id911(m): 7:49pm On Jun 27, 2016
Do these guys think we are all fools or what?Did we ask you whether he declared it in CCB form?The question is: how did he get about N200 million as a carrier army officer to purchase those properties?Remember by law he is not allowed to work or do any other business while still with the army.

Are they saying i can steal but when i declare it i can go scot free?Why is FG defending this Burutai instead of investigating him? I dont get it

271 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Buratai Transparent About Dubai Properties: FG by ThankGodEdeh(m): 8:04pm On Jun 27, 2016
Nigeria is finished under Buhari

107 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Buratai Transparent About Dubai Properties: FG by richidinho(m): 8:16pm On Jun 27, 2016
Imagine!!!
A minister of defence said that?

We. Are. Finished

88 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Buratai Transparent About Dubai Properties: FG by babajeje123(m): 8:29pm On Jun 27, 2016
One of the biggest mistakes made by Nigerians is to vote in Buhari. Has is damn sentimental in fighting 'kwarupsion'. He wields the sword of the law against oppositions while his boys can steal & declare the stolen properties as possessions they rightly got. One thing I'm sure of is very soon, the wrath of the law will catch up with Buhari & his puppets.

105 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Buratai Transparent About Dubai Properties: FG by femu(m): 8:31pm On Jun 27, 2016
Very unfortunate statement from the minster.

Why is the government doing image laundering for Buratai an individual?.

What happened to the law prohibiting government officials or political office holders from owning foreign accounts?

80 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buratai Transparent About Dubai Properties: FG by aventura: 8:32pm On Jun 27, 2016
I believe the question being asked is if it is possible for a career force man to be able to purchase those properties with his life savings. Which other business is he and his wives into other that will make him amass such wealth. If this case is swept under the carpet then we would inow that buhari has no integrity.

57 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buratai Transparent About Dubai Properties: FG by AZeD1(m): 8:54pm On Jun 27, 2016
id911:
Do these guys think we are all fools or what?Did we ask you whether he declared it in CCB form?The question is: how did he get about N200 million as a carrier army officer to purchase those properties?Remember by law he is not allowed to work or do any other business while still with the army.

Are they saying i can steal but when i declare it i can go scot free?Why is FG defending this Burutai instead of investigating him? I dont get it
You can farm and Burantai has a farm.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buratai Transparent About Dubai Properties: FG by Nobody: 9:08pm On Jun 27, 2016
Mr Wailer why are you people like this do you know the prize of snakes in the international market? Buratai has the biggest snake farm in africa and I can tell you that one barrell of snakes is more expensive than 50 barells of crude oil. If in doubt ask lalasticlala who is a part time snake bunkerer.

id911:

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buratai Transparent About Dubai Properties: FG by Sealeddeal(m): 9:29pm On Jun 27, 2016
PUSIDRILA:
Mr Wailer why are you people like this do you know the prize of snakes in the international market? Buratai has the biggest snake farm in africa and I can tell you that one barrell of snakes is more expensive than 50 barells of crude oil. If in doubt ask lalasticlala who is a part time snake bunkerer.

What is the name of the Snake farm? What's the size and how do you know it's the largest in Africa? How did he get the money to set up such a large industry?
Snake bunkerer?....Lol

69 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buratai Transparent About Dubai Properties: FG by mrvitalis(m): 9:38pm On Jun 27, 2016
Common sense will not allow me to declare an I'll gotten wealth in my asset declaration form
He owes the public no explanation on how he got his wealth.. That's a fact
Only the EFCC and CCB has such right.... and I don't see any problem here

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buratai Transparent About Dubai Properties: FG by paschu: 9:47pm On Jun 27, 2016
But Diezeani and co owes you and your corhorts some public explanations, right? Your views are just so disgusting. Poo

mrvitalis:
Common sense will not allow me to declare an I'll gotten wealth in my asset declaration form

116 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buratai Transparent About Dubai Properties: FG by mrvitalis(m): 9:50pm On Jun 27, 2016
paschu:
But Diezeani and co owes you and your corhorts some public explanations, right? Your views are just so disgusting. Poo

If the property she owns are in her asset declaration form then this left for the EFCC and CCB to investigate the source of such wealth.... Hope u get the point

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buratai Transparent About Dubai Properties: FG by drss(m): 9:52pm On Jun 27, 2016
hahaahaahahahahah am i surprise? saint buratai na angel hence not kworop. only opposition members ar kworopt. history will remember buari dullard's govt as d most hypocritically kworopt govt eva in d history of d universe.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buratai Transparent About Dubai Properties: FG by dunkem21(m): 9:56pm On Jun 27, 2016
No wonder Cameron fantastically insulted us..

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buratai Transparent About Dubai Properties: FG by drss(m): 10:02pm On Jun 27, 2016
aventura:
I believe the question being asked is if it is possible for a career force man to be able to purchase those properties with his life savings. Which other business is he and his wives into other that will make him amass such wealth. If this case is swept under the carpet then we would inow that buhari has no integrity.
forget buari. do u know buari wanted to sieze properties own by nigerians in dubai, thinking they were owned by opposition members? as soon as he descover dat his friends are majority on d list, d man change his mind. how far with their $200 billion dubai looted funds u dey hia dem talk about am na dem get d moni. don't believe in any corruption fight by buari's kworopt govt. d man himself na kwomfarm corrupt. he's fond of shielding his corrupt friends just like he did in 1984. it is only in buari dullard's govt dat a serving personel with properties in dubai is declared a saint.

57 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buratai Transparent About Dubai Properties: FG by paschu: 10:03pm On Jun 27, 2016
Did you say that when Diezeani (a royal Princes whose immediate and extended famies own a chain of highly susseccful business interests) was being humilated for owning some jeweries and a house in Abuja? Was her Abuja house hidden? What was your comment when the house was siezed by the bunch of leeches falsely called govt.? Or did you just get your sense now that your masters are justifying two Dubai mansions owned by a mere soldier?

mrvitalis:

If the property she owns are in her asset declaration form then this left for the EFCC and CCB to investigate the source of such wealth.... Hope u get the point

60 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buratai Transparent About Dubai Properties: FG by drss(m): 10:08pm On Jun 27, 2016
dunkem21:
No wonder Cameron fantastically insulted us..

nigeria has bcom fantastically kworopt under buari dullard's administration.

33 Likes

Re: Buratai Transparent About Dubai Properties: FG by drss(m): 10:13pm On Jun 27, 2016
id911:

code of conduct barao is currently being used to aid n abet kworoption. see how dem dey make dem excuse with ccb declaration? source of wealth no matta, na ccb declaration matta for dem. yeye hypocritical govt.

15 Likes

Re: Buratai Transparent About Dubai Properties: FG by wirinet(m): 10:16pm On Jun 27, 2016
paschu:

So all these mud slinging is all about freeing Diezani, Dasuki and co from being prosecuted for massive looting of our yams.
That only one property valued at N120 million can be trace to General Buratai and his two wives is a big vindication of the general. Comparing that any other general in the Nigerian military, not to talk of service chief is like comparing a lagoon to the Atlantic ocean. we cannot even begin to compare Buratai net worth to Gen Ihejerika.

Corruption is really fighting back - dirty

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buratai Transparent About Dubai Properties: FG by kokoA(m): 10:17pm On Jun 27, 2016
I know he owns a very big snake farm though. Do snakes sell that much?
Re: Buratai Transparent About Dubai Properties: FG by MirabelArode(f): 11:00pm On Jun 27, 2016
mrvitalis:

Sunday you still failed to tell us how Gen. Buratai the murderer got 200 million in 2013 just 3 years ago. We are not talking of what common sense will make you do or not, We are not assuming anything here. We are talking facts.

If you want us to assume that a military General without a side business somewhere can earn that much and legally buy properties in dubai. Don't you think it is supersafe to assume that a shell and NNPC worker like can dieziani who legally earns higher than General can also legally acquire properties in dubai.

Sunday, does your brain only work on sundays? grin grin

64 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buratai Transparent About Dubai Properties: FG by ChelseaDr(m): 11:11pm On Jun 27, 2016
Transparency International!!!

5 Likes

Re: Buratai Transparent About Dubai Properties: FG by Nobody: 11:14pm On Jun 27, 2016
Sealeddeal:
What is the name of the Snake farm?
Burantashi Smake Farms Ltd

What's the size and how do you know it's the largest in Africa?

It is one quarter of Sambisa

How did he get the money to set up such a large industry?

His uncle was the training director of the bruce lee film called snake and the monkey shadow, na him give am the capital and the first male and female snake that started the reproduction

Snake bunkerer?....Lol

5 Likes

Re: Buratai Transparent About Dubai Properties: FG by paschu: 11:19pm On Jun 27, 2016
Who spoke to you? Please get off my mention. Hypocrite.

[s]
wirinet:

So all these mud slinging is all about freeing Diezani, Dasuki and co from being prosecuted for massive looting of our yams.
That only one property valued at N120 million can be trace to General Buratai and his two wives is a big vindication of the general. Comparing that any other general in the Nigerian military, not to talk of service chief is like comparing a lagoon to the Atlantic ocean. we cannot even begin to compare Buratai net worth to Gen Ihejerika.

Corruption is really fighting back - dirty
[/s]

31 Likes

Re: Buratai Transparent About Dubai Properties: FG by knightsTempler: 11:33pm On Jun 27, 2016
Buffon, what a goal keeper.

The only person who can save more than Buffon is General Buratai.

He saved to buy two Mansions in Dubai.

6 Likes

Re: Buratai Transparent About Dubai Properties: FG by sldrboy: 11:52pm On Jun 27, 2016
I am not surprised.
Re: Buratai Transparent About Dubai Properties: FG by idupaul: 12:09am On Jun 28, 2016
kokoA:
I know he owns a very big snake farm though. Do snakes sell that much?

As Nigeria Army officer you are not allowed to participate in any business till you retire

15 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Police Tackle Presidency, Say IG Has No Query To Answer / Ebube-Agu: The Moment South-East Governors Announced Security Network (Video) / Dino Melaye Wins At His Polling Unit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.