Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:37 AM

Sending Money To Parents Back Home - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Sending Money To Parents Back Home (19105 Views)

A Nairalander's Grandma Needs Her Way Back Home - Help Her / My Parent Wants Me To Move Back Home At 30. Please Advise / Guy Brought His Oyinbo Wife Back Home & His Family Members Were Astonished -pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sending Money To Parents Back Home by yagganess: 7:41pm On Jun 27, 2016
my wife's father is late and mother is alive. Both my parents are still alive.

we want to work out how much money to send to the parents each month and the problem is she wants to send the same amount both ways. My issue with that is if we send the same amount both ways then one side will need to split the amount between 2 people, yet the other side is one person.

I feel that to make it fair we need to to send by person rather than the side of family. This way each parent gets the same amount of money

what are your thoughts

3 Likes

Re: Sending Money To Parents Back Home by LaRochelle(f): 9:19pm On Jun 27, 2016
When I first saw this thread on front page and found out only one post pushed it there, I was like shocked. That was when I realised I'm actually the first to comment. I now get the feeling all those who get to be the FTC feel. I feel euphoric. After almost three years...

Shout-out to all corps members camping in Keffi, Nasarawa state. Today is our camp fire night.

As regards the topic OP, sincerely I don't know what to tell you. I have no knowledge of or experience with that.

**backflips outta thread**

54 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sending Money To Parents Back Home by kennyman2000(m): 9:19pm On Jun 27, 2016
I see no problem in this issue. The only problem I see is that you seems not to be man enough to take decision for your wife as the man of the house. Maybe she is contributing much of the money, that's why you are concerned. If not, just leave her and let her handle her own parents part while you handle yours as well. This should be the best solution. All the best sir.

Check my signature for your customized wristband.

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sending Money To Parents Back Home by Olusharp(m): 9:19pm On Jun 27, 2016
.... third to comment...will surely get there....
If it were to be vice versa that is you having only your mom and she having both mom and dad,would you allow equality in sharing ?

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sending Money To Parents Back Home by Happywoman(f): 9:19pm On Jun 27, 2016
No response yet ur are on front page?. Da hell

Now to d question u asked are u both keeping funds in a joint account?
Why must the right hand know wen and wat d left hand is giving out?
Why must either partners jointly decide who gets wat or not?
A little privacy won't be bad ? Cos in d long run humans will be humans . Jealousy and questions on equity and equal sharing will arise.( As it has already)
All these drama is avoidable and unnecessary.
Have tins done independently pls.

My two pence

10 Likes

Re: Sending Money To Parents Back Home by Nobody: 9:20pm On Jun 27, 2016
yagganess:
my wife's father is late and mother is alive. Both my parents are still alive.

we want to work out how much money to send to the parents each month and the problem is she wants to send the same amount both ways. My issue with that is if we send the same amount both ways then one side will need to split the amount between 2 people, yet the other side is one person.

I feel that to make it fair we need to to send by person rather than the side of family. This way each parent gets the same amount of money

what are your thoughts
follow your mind

1 Like

Re: Sending Money To Parents Back Home by Tjohnnay: 9:20pm On Jun 27, 2016
lipsrsealed.
Baba make i send u my acct number so dat u go gv me my own share of d moni, since na family mata i don dey part of the family bro

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sending Money To Parents Back Home by jeoprince250(m): 9:20pm On Jun 27, 2016
Send the money individually
Re: Sending Money To Parents Back Home by papae1(m): 9:20pm On Jun 27, 2016
I think it's still not ok because if the other two parents sum up their share,I'll outweigh the other single parent.
Re: Sending Money To Parents Back Home by ladyF(f): 9:21pm On Jun 27, 2016
Brotherly, this is selfish o. So you want to send money to your own parents, then send half of what you send to your parents to your wife's widowed mother? shocked Ahh ann! Why not send based on expenses, calculate how much both families will need every month, then agree to cater for a certain percentage.

Ermmm....But is your wife not working, can't she send money herself?

It's [size=15pt]LadyF[/size] again grin grin grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sending Money To Parents Back Home by smakati(m): 9:21pm On Jun 27, 2016
Are you guys really married?

5 Likes

Re: Sending Money To Parents Back Home by ronald4ever(m): 9:21pm On Jun 27, 2016
How much is she bringing into the table? What's her contribution to the money you guys are sending home? I will never send equal monthly amount to my in-laws and my biological parents. That's never going to happen.

77 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sending Money To Parents Back Home by SGCSolutions(f): 9:21pm On Jun 27, 2016
Discuss it solely with your wife and both of you should come to an agreement.. WITH REASONS

Don't take home what NLanders say here o because when fight start, na only you dey dia...

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sending Money To Parents Back Home by maxwelloweezy(m): 9:22pm On Jun 27, 2016
Family planning plan well
Re: Sending Money To Parents Back Home by lollmaolol(m): 9:22pm On Jun 27, 2016
Equal amount for each head is fine.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sending Money To Parents Back Home by mykh01(m): 9:22pm On Jun 27, 2016
Hmmmn....am still ruminating on the kind of formular that will be owk for ur equation. ...... Wait am coming
Re: Sending Money To Parents Back Home by Eke40seven(m): 9:22pm On Jun 27, 2016
You need to also explain the concept of income per capita, however, you also need to adjust and put so many things into consideration to arrive at a fair amount. Sending same amount to each individual doesn't necessarily mean that in real term the amount you sent is same...
Parent 1 might be living in a village, in their own house, no need to pay transportation to the market and runs a small shop where they make little income and a farm which yields more than enough food in abundance and yet the whole kids are grown and self reliant

Parent 2 might be living in the city, with one or two kids in a higher institution. They still pay rent in a mid brow area. It won't be fair to give same amount because relatively, it won't reduce same quantity of burden.
However, these calculations are hard to deduce.

5 Likes

Re: Sending Money To Parents Back Home by Beehshorp(m): 9:22pm On Jun 27, 2016
If dis is ur problem op den u no get problem at all... Just tell ur wife to send me her share and ur share so I'd know how to split the money for una
Re: Sending Money To Parents Back Home by globa: 9:22pm On Jun 27, 2016
If sending same amount both ways make her happy please allow her that way there will be peace in your home and you will enjoy your marriage.

2 Likes

Re: Sending Money To Parents Back Home by Caliph69: 9:23pm On Jun 27, 2016
And you want Nairalanders to give you suggestion on that. Ok. Maybe when you and your wife start arguing on how many times you'll be having s3x in week, don't forget to share with us.

It's well.

By the way, when it come to money you send to your parents, you don't have to start all this analysis. You and your wife should agree on what to send to each of them. It's not a competition. Those old folks at home did more than the few dolls you'll be sending down to them.

2 Likes

Re: Sending Money To Parents Back Home by Blessed2252: 9:23pm On Jun 27, 2016
Send based on the needs of each side or the amount of needs on each side that you can/plan to carry each month.
Re: Sending Money To Parents Back Home by Emeskhalifa(m): 9:23pm On Jun 27, 2016
women and selfishness eh. 5&6

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sending Money To Parents Back Home by ixora3(f): 9:23pm On Jun 27, 2016
Pray for guidance. And you guys should talk it out. Maybe her mum has many responsibilities.
Re: Sending Money To Parents Back Home by Diamondcan: 9:24pm On Jun 27, 2016
i agree with ur wife.
Re: Sending Money To Parents Back Home by nobilie: 9:25pm On Jun 27, 2016
This is the same thing Nigeria is facing sharing nation cake (FAA)

1 Like

Re: Sending Money To Parents Back Home by lacoach: 9:25pm On Jun 27, 2016
This space is not for sale.

Op, I need to consult the Oracle before making any comments
Re: Sending Money To Parents Back Home by Nobody: 9:26pm On Jun 27, 2016
mimicious:
let me eat, I will reply later

Me too.

Okay I'm back.

Listen, lead your house or someone else will.

This doesn't meant to be Idi Amin about it.

Send equal share to each household of course.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sending Money To Parents Back Home by Sunnykaka(m): 9:26pm On Jun 27, 2016
waiting concern us with your family matter....some people just dey find front page by force. grin grin angry
Re: Sending Money To Parents Back Home by greggng: 9:26pm On Jun 27, 2016
For fairness u re right but in issues of this nature, the woman always ve her way. This shouldnot be an issue at all. You can use ur discretion and send more to ur immediate parents since they re two. This can be done without ur wife's consent. Again the only parent ur wife ve might ve more responsibilities more than both ur parents. Assuming u gave us hint regarding their responsibilities I would ve given more informed advice. May God bless ur effort eventhough must times I feel quitly of not doing more for my mother. Only God understands why

1 Like

Re: Sending Money To Parents Back Home by Ofunaofu: 9:26pm On Jun 27, 2016
I guess you are the MAN of the house and I think you should exact same on issues bothering finance

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

When Was The Last Time You Cried, And Why? / Can She Assumed A Wife Responsibility When Engaged? / As A Family Man, Am I A Miser, Greedy Or Trying To Be Financially Smart?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.