Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,015 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:29 AM

Dutch To Prosecute Arabs Over Holocaust Cartoon - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Dutch To Prosecute Arabs Over Holocaust Cartoon (1641 Views)

We Are Losing Our Identity To The Arabs / Desert Arabs Competing In Building Skyscrapers - Biggest Clock Tower In Mecca / Why Are Black Africans Moslems Considered Inferior By The Arabs Moslems (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dutch To Prosecute Arabs Over Holocaust Cartoon by muhsin(m): 12:42pm On Sep 04, 2009
Dutch to prosecute Arabs over Holocaust cartoon

By TOBY STERLING (AP) – 2 days ago

AMSTERDAM — Dutch prosecutors said Wednesday they will charge an Arab cultural group under hate speech laws for publishing a cartoon that suggests the death of 6 million Jews during World War II is a fabrication.

The public prosecutor's office in the city of Utrecht said the cartoon insults Jews as a group and is therefore an illegal form of discrimination.

Prosecutors plan to press charges for "insulting a group and distributing an insulting image."

Spokeswoman Mary Hallebeek said the maximum punishment is a year in jail, but a fine of up to euro4,700 ($6,700) is more likely, given that the charges are against the group.

The Dutch arm of the Arab European League said it doesn't deny the reality of the Holocaust, but published the cartoon on its Web site as an "act of civil disobedience" to highlight a double standard.

AEL chairman Abdoulmouthalib Bouzerda argued that prosecutors had not pressed charges against Dutch lawmaker Geert Wilders for his film that included cartoons of the Prophet Muhammad.

Charges against Wilders, who campaigns on an anti-Islam and anti-immigration platform, were dismissed after prosecutors said his insults were aimed at Muhammad, not all Muslims, and were not systematic.

The charges against the AEL "illustrates what Muslims have been saying for decades," Bouzerda said in a response published on the league's Web site. "Freedom of expression is only a pretext to make life bitter for Muslims , and if (they) try to bring this hypocrisy to light, that right is denied them."

Bouzerda said anyone should be allowed to publish insulting material in the interest of public debate.

The cartoon shows two apparently Jewish men standing near a pile of skeletons with a sign that says "Auswitch," presumably representing the largest Nazi concentration camp, Auschwitz.

One pokes a bone with a stick and says "I don't think they're Jews" and the other answers, "We have to get to the six million somehow."

Ronny Naftaniel of the Center for Documentation on Israel, which filed a complaint against the cartoon, said Jews had nothing to do with the Muhammad cartoons, so it didn't make sense for the league to retaliate in this way.

"Imagine if Dutch Jews insulted Muslims every time they heard an anti-Semitic remark. What kind of perverse world would we be living in?" he said.

After a strong immigration wave in the 1990s, Muslims make up around 6 percent of the 16.5 million Dutch population.

A popular backlash against immigration has dominated politics here since 2001, and it intensified in 2004, when filmmaker Theo van Gogh was murdered by a Muslim radical over perceived religious insults.

That further fueled debate over immigrant crime and the need to preserve traditional Dutch values.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5ghpgjpRnt2PNCpbU_8N6rI1nSJJQD9AF53S81
Re: Dutch To Prosecute Arabs Over Holocaust Cartoon by Nezan(m): 12:50pm On Sep 04, 2009
Are muslims not satisfied over the huge number of people that lost they lives over the carton? What had Nigerian Christians got to do over a Dutch cartoon that so much violence was unleash on Nigerian Christians living in Northern Nigeria?
Re: Dutch To Prosecute Arabs Over Holocaust Cartoon by muhsin(m): 12:56pm On Sep 04, 2009
Greetings,

This section is not probably the right for stuff like this. But something made me to unavoidably bring fourth this issue seeing how some ignorant non-Muslims are enthusiastically and eagerly opening myriad threads relating such a topic.

Personally, ain't making any trial to depend that Arab guys' actions. Yet the whole issue remains difficult for the non-Muslims who foolishly and naively think it were only Muslims who feel the bitterness guarantee by the so-called "freedom of speech" law in Europe and America.

We can glaringly clear see the biasedness and shamelessness of those campaigning for that thing.

Any comment?

Thanks
Re: Dutch To Prosecute Arabs Over Holocaust Cartoon by WildOne(f): 1:06pm On Sep 04, 2009
muhsin:

Greetings,

This section is not probably the right for stuff like this. But something made me to unavoidably bring fourth this issue seeing how some ignorant non-Muslims are enthusiastically and eagerly opening myriad threads relating such a topic.

Personally, ain't making any trial to depend that Arab guys' actions. Yet the whole issue remains difficult for the non-Muslims who foolishly and naively think it were only Muslims who feel the bitterness guarantee by the so-called "freedom of speech" law in Europe and America.

We can glaringly clear see the biasedness and shamelessness of those campaigning for that thing.

Any comment?

Thanks

All I fathom from the above is blah, blah, blah, blah. Exactly what are you yakking about?
Re: Dutch To Prosecute Arabs Over Holocaust Cartoon by muhsin(m): 1:29pm On Sep 04, 2009
WildOne:

All I fathom from the above is blah, blah, blah, blah. Exactly what are you yakking about?

Have you read the article?
Re: Dutch To Prosecute Arabs Over Holocaust Cartoon by Abuzola(m): 2:04pm On Sep 04, 2009
Wow ! Then let me repeat it again, 'THE Holocaust is a fabrication so that they could get the israeli a sanctuary in the middle east and finally accoplished by placing them in palestine'
Re: Dutch To Prosecute Arabs Over Holocaust Cartoon by muhsin(m): 2:41pm On Sep 04, 2009
Abuzola:

Wow ! Then let me repeat it again, 'THE Holocaust is a fabrication so that they could get the israeli a sanctuary in the middle east and finally accoplished by placing them in palestine'

Really?
Re: Dutch To Prosecute Arabs Over Holocaust Cartoon by Nobody: 2:53pm On Sep 04, 2009
Abuzola:

What is most amazingly stupid about this allegation is that the name "palestine" itself IS NOT ARAB!

What is even more disgusting is that the name "palestine" is DIRECTLY LINKED TO JEWISH HISTORY!

What is even more disturbing is the FACT that the names bethlehem, jerusalem, galilee, nazareth, capernaum (that are still in use today) ARE NOT ARAB BUT JEWISH IN ORIGIN!

How then can abuzola claim that someone else simply "dashed" jews a space in a land that bears 3000 yrs of their history? shocked And you think muslims are rational humans?
Re: Dutch To Prosecute Arabs Over Holocaust Cartoon by Abuzola(m): 4:06pm On Sep 04, 2009
@muhsin, thats truth.

@david, search AP NEWS and see my point
Re: Dutch To Prosecute Arabs Over Holocaust Cartoon by sleek29(m): 4:37pm On Sep 04, 2009
Ancient Philistia—the name from which Palestine derives—was conquered by Muslim armies coming from Arabia following victories in battles at Ajnadain in ad 634 and Yarmuk in 636. Two years later, the second caliph, Umar (Omar), built a mosque on the site of the ancient Jewish Temple, which the Romans had destroyed. In 691, the ninth caliph, Abd al-Malik, built the still-existing Dome of the Rock and Al-Aqsa Mosque in its place. After the 7th-century Arab conquest most of the population was Arabized in culture and language and a majority converted to Islam; some remained Christians, mostly in Jerusalem and the coastal towns of Ramla, Lydda, and Jaffa
Re: Dutch To Prosecute Arabs Over Holocaust Cartoon by alimat2(f): 4:41pm On Sep 04, 2009
@David,

You sound like a jew, i tot u are a xtian?
Re: Dutch To Prosecute Arabs Over Holocaust Cartoon by Nobody: 4:46pm On Sep 04, 2009
alimat 2:

@David,

You sound like a jew, i tot u are a xtian?

do i need to be a jew or a christian to tell you the facts that your imams hide from you?

do i need to be a jew to tell you the FACT that before Jordan unilaterally called its forced occupation of east jerusalem . . . the "west bank", that the piece of land was known as Judea/Samaria up until 1949? Is that also an arab name?
Re: Dutch To Prosecute Arabs Over Holocaust Cartoon by Nobody: 4:51pm On Sep 04, 2009
well, at least they're going to court over it.

Not going on rampage like Nigerian extremists are wont to do over a cartoon published in a foreign country. Even Saudis didnt go on rampage at the time- na only Nigerians.
Re: Dutch To Prosecute Arabs Over Holocaust Cartoon by Abuzola(m): 6:17pm On Sep 04, 2009
Lagos was an origin name of a portuguese town laos, does that make lagos a part of portugal ? Wake up
Re: Dutch To Prosecute Arabs Over Holocaust Cartoon by olabowale(m): 11:21am On Sep 05, 2009
was palestine inhabitted before Ibrahim (as) migrated out of the city state, Ur in present day iraq, according to History? what was the land and its people called before Ibrahim, the fathe of ismail, isaaq, (AS)?

palestine was a jewish city, when the word jew was derived from Judah, one of the sons of Jacob, though I acept that holocaust took past, taking away lives of seeral millions with it!
Re: Dutch To Prosecute Arabs Over Holocaust Cartoon by Nobody: 6:02pm On Sep 05, 2009
olabowale:

was palestine inhabitted before Ibrahim (as) migrated out of the city state, your in present day iraq, according to History? what was the land and its people called before Ibrahim, the fathe of ismail, isaaq, (AS)?

It was inhabited by the canaanites NOT THE ARABS. When the canaanites come back from the dead to reclaim their land then we can have a discussion.

olabowale:

palestine was a jewish city, when the word jew was derived from Judah, one of the sons of Jacob, though I acept that holocaust took past, taking away lives of seeral millions with it!

the jews are still the sons of judah, its a disgrace that you're struggling WITHOUT PROOF to buy into the lie.
Re: Dutch To Prosecute Arabs Over Holocaust Cartoon by Abuzola(m): 8:23pm On Sep 05, 2009
The whole palestine including today's Israel belong to the arab. Like i gave an instance lagos is not part of portugal despite tracing its origin to laos.
Re: Dutch To Prosecute Arabs Over Holocaust Cartoon by ttruth(m): 5:11pm On Feb 01, 2010
@Abuzola :

Don't be stupid. Israel was not dashed a piece of Land liked you claimed. The Jews and the Arabs are brothers and the origin traced to Abraham. So don't allow your Hadiths and your Quran to brainwash you.
I want you to note the following facts :

1 The Quran - unlike the Hebrew Bible - is not the history of the Arab peoples but is only a record of stories pertaining to a group of individuals within a larger environment.

2 The whole significance and importance of the Hebrew Bible resodes in the fact that it is the recorded history of the relationship between a single people - the Israelites - and their decendants with their God confined to a particular land in a geographical actuality.

3 The Ummayad Muawiyah, who was proclaimed Caliph at Jerusalem, made Damascus instead as the seat of his empire.

4 Sulayman who followed him, during the three years of his rule, built himself a new capital at Ramleh instead of choosing Jerusalem.

5 Jerusalem was never a Muhammadan capital.

6 As the crusaders were approaching Jerusalem in 1098, the Abbasids did not lift a finger and were unmoved by the appeals of their fellow 'Muslims' for assistance.

7 Al Kamil, the Ayyubi caliph exchanged Jerusalem for a treaty of alliance against his 'brother Muslims' in Damascus with the 'infidel' Fredrick II.

8 In the thirteenth century, on two occasions when the Christians captured Damietta, both al Kamil and his successor al Salih were prepared to exchange this port for the 'holy city' of Jerusalem.

9 While Jerusalem is the ONLY holy city to the Jews, it is the THIRD holy city to the Muhammadans

10 While the ties between the Jews and Jerusalem are incredibly deep historically, religiously and politically, to the Muhammadans, its value had been and is entirely political and superficial.

11 It was the Muhammadans in the final analysis that allowed the land of Israel to turn into a fallow desert through their mismanagement, indifference, stupidity, and neglect.

Arab and Muhammadan claims for Jerusalem are not based on actual religious requirements, but are entirely POLITICAL and IMPERIALISTIC in nature and bereft of any historical or theological foundations.
Re: Dutch To Prosecute Arabs Over Holocaust Cartoon by AbuZola3(m): 5:18pm On Feb 01, 2010
Pls go to The U.N council and tell them this story. Israel became a state in 1948 after hitler massacre the jews, three years later Germany and U.S co ordinated to find them a lasting settlement, they begged the palestinian and they allow them to settle in part of palestine which they later name as israel. You need to go back to school
Re: Dutch To Prosecute Arabs Over Holocaust Cartoon by ttruth(m): 5:41pm On Feb 01, 2010
Abu Zola:

Pls go to The U.N council and tell them this story. Israel became a state in 1948 after hitler massacre the jews, three years later Germany and U.S co ordinated to find them a lasting settlement, they begged the palestinian and they allow them to settle in part of palestine which they later name as israel. You need to go back to school

You are the one who should go back to school, you deluded son of the devil. What you have written shows that your brain is completely empty. The middle east is the ancestral home of the Jews. Remember the Jews and the Arabs are brothers.
Re: Dutch To Prosecute Arabs Over Holocaust Cartoon by AbuZola3(m): 5:59pm On Feb 01, 2010
You are psycho. The jews did not have a permanent settlement, they are displaced, they settle anywhere like the fulani. This is why you will find jews in U.S, Tunisia, Germany, poland, saudi arabia, syria, lebanon etc. It was later that they were given a permanent settlement cut from palestine. Go back to school, mr jambite, my you pass it amin
Re: Dutch To Prosecute Arabs Over Holocaust Cartoon by ttruth(m): 6:28pm On Feb 01, 2010
Abu Zola:

You are psycho. The jews did not have a permanent settlement, they are displaced, they settle anywhere like the fulani. This is why you will find jews in U.S, Tunisia, Germany, poland, saudi arabia, syria, lebanon etc. It was later that they were given a permanent settlement cut from palestine. Go back to school, mr jambite, my you pass it amin

I am already a graduate, so you are the one who should go back to school. Go for extramoral lessons so that you can pass JAMB Exams. You are worst than a psycho. The rubbish you have written shows that you are completely brainless.
Re: Dutch To Prosecute Arabs Over Holocaust Cartoon by AbuZola3(m): 7:57pm On Feb 01, 2010
Allahu akbar ! So thats all you can say to refute it ? I laff in swahil.

Graduate in nigeria does not worth it. By Allah i am far intelligent than many graduates, including you and toba. We interact in school with them and certainly they don't worth the class, you fall into that category. Dunce !
Re: Dutch To Prosecute Arabs Over Holocaust Cartoon by Nobody: 8:50pm On Feb 01, 2010
Abu Zola:

Graduate in nigeria does not worth it. By Allah i am far intelligent than many graduates, including you and toba.  We interact in school with them and certainly they don't worth the class, you fall into that category. Dunce !
Pity 4 ur soul.I want 2c d tertiary institution dat will admit a donkey like u.O Levels u no get.If not for neco.Now Jamb have been jaming u since 2005.Lets c how u will pass d combined jamb dis yr
Re: Dutch To Prosecute Arabs Over Holocaust Cartoon by muhsin(m): 2:47pm On Feb 02, 2010
What the heck is happening up there? angry
Re: Dutch To Prosecute Arabs Over Holocaust Cartoon by ttruth(m): 5:36pm On Feb 02, 2010
Abu Zola:

Graduate in nigeria does not worth it. By Allah i am far intelligent than many graduates, including you and toba. We interact in school with them and certainly they don't worth the class, you fall into that category. Dunce !

grin If you like laugh in Arabic. You are completely brainless. You love arguing just to defend a religion that is completely riddled with violence, slaying, butchering and deceit but you have never made any point. You are defending allah  - the rock god of kabah - that cannot defend itself.

So what graduate are you ? Are you a graduate from Afghanistan ? or are you a graduate from Farouk AbdulMuttalab school of suicide bombing ?  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

I learn from daily punch that you were awarded a diploma in Suicide Bombing and brainwashing studies from Farouk Muttalab school of suicide bombing. Is that true ?  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Abuzola honestly you are brainless. Nigerian graduates are the best and they are far better than Arab or camel ridder graduates  grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Dutch To Prosecute Arabs Over Holocaust Cartoon by AbuZola3(m): 9:04pm On Feb 02, 2010
'T Truth' you are free to be a corrupt graduate, as for me never. Am studying in two universities, an international school and a home based school. Stupiid nigeria corrupt dunce graduate
Re: Dutch To Prosecute Arabs Over Holocaust Cartoon by muhsin(m): 1:10pm On Feb 03, 2010
@Abuzola,

Please don't say/type a word a again.
Re: Dutch To Prosecute Arabs Over Holocaust Cartoon by ttruth(m): 1:14pm On Feb 03, 2010
muhsin:

@Abuzola,

Please don't say/type a word a again.

Why did you say that ?
Re: Dutch To Prosecute Arabs Over Holocaust Cartoon by muhsin(m): 1:23pm On Feb 03, 2010
Because I think he can listen to me.
Re: Dutch To Prosecute Arabs Over Holocaust Cartoon by ttruth(m): 1:48pm On Feb 03, 2010
muhsin:

Because I think he can listen to me.

Abuzola is a man who have his own mind
Re: Dutch To Prosecute Arabs Over Holocaust Cartoon by muhsin(m): 1:53pm On Feb 03, 2010
Does listening to someone mean having his mind?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Abuzola Alzakawi: This's 4 U / One Of The Founders Of Hamas Say's Islam Will Collapse In Ten Years / Why Muslim's?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.