Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,902 members, 7,802,921 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:27 AM

NOAH: This Information Will Make Smart People Throw Their Bibles Away! - Religion (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / NOAH: This Information Will Make Smart People Throw Their Bibles Away! (38495 Views)

Living Faith Church Produces Bibles Worldwide (Video) / Ugandan Pastor Burns Thousands Of Bibles For Misleading His Members (Photos) / Burning Shrines, Eating Bibles, Killing Christians And Other Issues - Opinion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NOAH: This Information Will Make Smart People Throw Their Bibles Away! by Nostradamus: 12:25am On Feb 17, 2017
strong topic...athiests always amaze me
Re: NOAH: This Information Will Make Smart People Throw Their Bibles Away! by HardMirror(m): 6:19am On Feb 17, 2017
Nostradamus:
strong topic...athiests always amaze me
How pls?
Re: NOAH: This Information Will Make Smart People Throw Their Bibles Away! by Nostradamus: 9:12am On Feb 17, 2017
HardMirror:

How pls?
perhaps i didn't pass my message properly, i mean how athiests were able to shake off the widely held belief in religion is surprising to me.
Re: NOAH: This Information Will Make Smart People Throw Their Bibles Away! by Nobody: 10:23am On Feb 17, 2017
HardMirror:
You will find the story of Noah and the Flood in the book of Genesis Chpt 6,7 and 8.

These are the 3 chapters I will be quoting from.

The synopsis of this story is that people became very evil, God regretted creating man, God found Noah to be the only righteous man, God saves Noah and his family by revealing the impending plan to flood the earth. Noah builds ark, rain falls and flood the earth. Noah and his family along with all animals with him survives.

Before we go far, the BIG QUESTION IS, COULD THIS HAVE EVER happened? Could the whole earth be truly covered by water?

GENESIS 7:18-20 "18 The waters rose and increased greatly on the earth, and the ark floated on the surface of the water. 19 They rose greatly on the earth, and all the high mountains under the entire heavens were covered. 20 The waters rose and covered the mountains to a depth of more than fifteen cubits"

Wonderful!

For us to accept this we must Note verse 19 that says the water covers ALL mountains under the heavens INCLUDING mount EVEREST that is 8,800 meters tall!

How much water will be needed for this to be achieved?

CALCULATION
Volume of water above all mountains = (Volume of earth+water above highest peak)V2 - (volume of earth)V1

volume of a sphere, V=4/3πr³.

Radius of the Earth is 6,371KM

V1= 1,083,642,907,017.5 Cubic kilometers

To get V2 we must add the height of the highest peak which is mount Everest(which is 8.8km) to the radius of the earth at sea level.
R2= 6,371 + 8.8 = 6,379.8KM

Using the formula V=4/3πr³.

V2=1,088,139,486,240.6 Cubic Kilometer (which will be the new volume of the earth when totally covered with water)

So the added volume is V2-V1
=4,496,579,223.1 Cubic kilometers of water!

Stay tuned we just got started

When the bible says the earth destroyed by the flood, The earth means the area of land occupied by humans and animals as at that time. When the first man and woman were created they lived in a particular area and afterwards their offsprings started to scatter gradually across the earth. So the earth destroyed by the flood was the area as at the time inhabited by both man and animals. So your calculation of how many volume of water is needed to cover the earth is baseless.
It was gradual migration that took humans and animals to all the continents.
Life started in a place and spreaded to other places gradually.

1 Like

Re: NOAH: This Information Will Make Smart People Throw Their Bibles Away! by HardMirror(m): 1:21pm On Feb 17, 2017
davtosh:

When the bible says the earth destroyed by the flood, The earth means the area of land occupied by humans and animals as at that time. When the first man and woman were created they lived in a particular area and afterwards their offsprings started to scatter gradually across the earth. So the earth destroyed by the flood was the area as at the time inhabited by both man and animals. So your calculation of how many volume of water is needed to cover the earth is baseless.
To be able to comment meaningfully to on this thread you need the following.

1. A Bible
2. Ability to read and understand English
3. Common sense
4. Sincerity

Now let me assume you have this 4 things. Go back to your bible.

- the bible clearly states that the waters rose and covered ALL the mountains.
Ok ok, let's follow your logic. Let's assume it was only refering to mountains around where noah was. Do you thing such volume of water won't spread around the world? Water will all ways find it's level and for that height it is sure to cover the whole earth.

- the bible clearly mentions MT. Ararat. This mountain is 5000meters high and the ark landed on this mountain. This mountain would have been one of the mountains that the bible said was covered completely.

Now can you see you are not making sense?

2 Likes

Re: NOAH: This Information Will Make Smart People Throw Their Bibles Away! by HardMirror(m): 1:22pm On Feb 17, 2017
Nostradamus:
perhaps i didn't pass my message properly, i mean how athiests were able to shake off the widely held belief in religion is surprising to me.
You don't seem to be a christian yourself.
Re: NOAH: This Information Will Make Smart People Throw Their Bibles Away! by Nobody: 1:58pm On Feb 17, 2017
Ahmed99:
so surprised seeing ma Xtain brothers and sister's defending God and d bible....if God created the heaven and the earth and he inspire d bible den don't worry he will surely protect it....hard mirrow, d more I read ur post,d more I get supernatural elevated seeing DAT God could do things which can never be explained by science or d human mind....tnxs 4d inspiration always....insult are allowed buh I will live as if there z God and die to know dere isn't than living as if there is no God only to find out there z one#peace be with u

1 Like

Re: NOAH: This Information Will Make Smart People Throw Their Bibles Away! by Nobody: 2:05pm On Feb 17, 2017
promise10:

Of course!

So it is left for you to find out the trick Jesus used in feeding 5000 men with 5 loaves and 2 fishes and miraculously left 12 more remaining . Without trying to say that he didn't.

Lol.. How can we find out how he did the trick when we didn't see it?

Theists are morons

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NOAH: This Information Will Make Smart People Throw Their Bibles Away! by chieveboy(m): 7:04pm On Feb 17, 2017
davtosh:

How about the red Indians of the Americas? Did you see the look on the faces of the clergy after Columbus returned from America with them after no one in the bible made mention of red people?
Re: NOAH: This Information Will Make Smart People Throw Their Bibles Away! by ScienceWatch: 9:36pm On Feb 17, 2017
Nostradamus:
But the information below is getting people all over the world buy more bibles,

Please check this before you throw away your bible.

Unlocking the Mystery of Life DVD
by: Illustra Media
This is without doubt the most powerful documentary ever produced exposing the flaws in Darwinism/Atheism. Using state-of-the-art computer animation and featuring leading pioneering scientists, this stunning presentation makes an irrefutable case for purposeful creation by an intelligent creator.

Featuring top-notch, contemporary scientists who are advancing a powerful idea - "the theory of intelligent design" - this DVD transports you into the interior of the living cell to explore systems and machines that bear the unmistakable hallmarks of design. Discover the intricacy of a microscopic bacterial rotary motor, which spins at 100,000 rpm.

Go inside the nucleus and explore the wonder of DNA, a thread-like molecule that stores instructions to build the essential components of every living organism. It is part of a biological information processing system more complex and more powerful than any computer network.

This compelling documentary examines an idea with the power to revolutionize our understanding of life... and to unlock the mystery of its origin.

'It is an extraordinary production''

coolusername, sirwere, Hahn, johnnydon22, Lennycool, benzics
Re: NOAH: This Information Will Make Smart People Throw Their Bibles Away! by ScienceWatch: 9:43pm On Feb 17, 2017
HardMirror:

I knew you won't have anything sensible to say after I post. Read what john wrote above. If this flood and ark story was not in the bible won't you have laughed at it? Won't you call anyone who believes it a fool?

Kindly refute the facts and figures I presented.
Atheists love scientists. So here are scientist views to help fill the gaps in Atheists thinking that they never knew existed.

The Case for A Creator DVD
by: Illustra Media with Lee Strobel

This is an explosive DVD that brings to life powerful evidence from the natural world for the existence of God - in a stunning cutting edge production from Illustra Media. At high school Lee Strobel became convinced that God did not exist. Only the hard, empirical evidence of science could be trusted - and it appeared to point to a universe created by purely materialistic processes. Time, chance, and Darwinian evolution.

The cosmos is all there is. This atheistic worldview deeply influenced Strobel’s academic years and early career as an award-winning journalist for the Chicago Tribune. Then, in 1980, his wife’s conversion to Christ led him on an intensive search for the truth about God. Not surprisingly, he began with science.

What do the discoveries of modern biology, physics, cosmology, and astronomy really tell us about the origin of life and the universe? When objectively considered, does contemporary scientific evidence point toward or away from a supernatural Creator?

Strobel interviewed scientists and scholars from a wide range of disciplines for the answers. Based upon a New York Times best-seller, The Case for a Creator, this is a truly remarkable film about Lee Strobel’s journey from spiritual scepticism to a profound faith in the God who has etched His indelible signature upon every galaxy and each living cell; the same Creator now revealed more clearly than ever before by 21st century science. Bonus Features:
Questions and answers with scientists - Internet reference library - The Machinery of life - How did life begin?Running time: 60 minutes with a further 40 minutes of bonus material.

jonbellion, akintom, coolusername, sirwere,
Re: NOAH: This Information Will Make Smart People Throw Their Bibles Away! by Onliie(m): 9:50pm On Feb 17, 2017
HardMirror:
The Ridiculous number of animals noah had to save
Noah was to save all the animals on earth.
It is estimated that there are over 7.7 million animal species on earth!

Insects alone accounts for about 950,000 of this
Let's take the average weight of an insect to be 10 grammes, that is about 9,500kg and they were taken male and female so that is multiplied by 2 which give 19,000. That is 19tonnes for insects only.
At least 1,900,000 insects were in the ark.
There are 12,000 different species of ants alone!

Over 1,100 different types of rodents ; rats, mice, chimpmunks, rabbits etc
So at least 2,200 rodents were on board

There are 5 species of elephants
So at least 10 elephants were on board

There are over 50 types of goat and sheeps

The list goes on and on

So in the end 7.7 million species on the ark

Unclean animals must be in twos

All birds must be in 7pairs (14 birds)

All clean animals must be in 7 pairs (14 animals)

So this means the number of animals on board must have been over 20 million or even as much as 40 million!!!!

PLease how would 20 million animals breath inside the ark? What will they eat? What happens to their urine and feaces ?

the bible said Genesis 7:14 They had with them every wild animal according to its kind, all livestock according to their kinds, every creature that moves along the ground according to its kind and ...

I need you to consider the phrase "...after its own kind". The Bible didn't say he saved all types of animals. And I don't think all kinds of animals existed that time. I believe in microevolution which occurred later, after the flood. That kind of flood is capable of modifying the ecosystem, triggering microevolution. Come to think of it, according to biology, there about 108 classes of animals. Why did they classify them if not that they have something in common, that might what the bible mean when it said according to its own kind.
It might also mean orders of animals, we have thousands of orders of animals.
Re: NOAH: This Information Will Make Smart People Throw Their Bibles Away! by Onliie(m): 10:00pm On Feb 17, 2017
HardMirror:

To be able to comment meaningfully to on this thread you need the following.

1. A Bible
2. Ability to read and understand English
3. Common sense
4. Sincerity

Now let me assume you have this 4 things. Go back to your bible.

- the bible clearly states that the waters rose and covered ALL the mountains.
Ok ok, let's follow your logic. Let's assume it was only refering to mountains around where noah was. Do you thing such volume of water won't spread around the world? Water will all ways find it's level and for that height it is sure to cover the whole earth.

- the bible clearly mentions MT. Ararat. This mountain is 5000meters high and the ark landed on this mountain. This mountain would have been one of the mountains that the bible said was covered completely.

Now can you see you are not making sense?
Mr man, if an area is flooded, it doesn't mean it will spread around the world. It's not like the earth is a perfect round ball. Even within cities, areas get flooded and a neighbouring city is not even wet at all. I've seen it many times.
Re: NOAH: This Information Will Make Smart People Throw Their Bibles Away! by Onliie(m): 10:16pm On Feb 17, 2017
johnydon22:

Rain powerful enough to achieve this in 40 days would at least be gushing at every point with the power of not less than 8 fire water hose of incredible pressure in every drop.

such pressure is enough to melt any stone structure ever built like wax talk more of a wooden boat.

That is a remarkable pointer to the naivete of the primitive minds involved in the drafting of these myths.

Though it's a very colourful, entertaining, eloquent and finely done work of literature.
read genesis 3 vs 11, all the waters did not come from the heaven,

the six hundredth year of Noah's life, in the second month, the seventeenth day of the month, the same day were all the fountains of the great deep broken up, and the windows of heaven were opened
Re: NOAH: This Information Will Make Smart People Throw Their Bibles Away! by HardMirror(m): 7:05am On Feb 18, 2017
Onliie:
Mr man, if an area is flooded, it doesn't mean it will spread around the world. It's not like the earth is a perfect round ball. Even within cities, areas get flooded and a neighbouring city is not even wet at all. I've seen it many times.
And how high were the flood waters?
We are talking about flood waters that covered a mountain that is over 5000meters high do you even have an idea how high that is?

Why I said to understand you must have 4 things

1. The bible
2. Ability to read and understand english
3. Common sense
4. Sincerity

You obviously lack 3 out of this 4. Your guess is as good as mine.

Do you know what sea level is? Do you know what it means when an area is above or below sea level?

Some areas are usually a few meters below sea level usually not much maybe 5meters. If a flood happens in such an area, the water won't spread out if the flood height is below 5meters.
Such a flood will cover houses but it is contained. But we are talking of 5,000 METERS!!!! here. Such a water will cover the whole world except mountains taller than 5000 meters. There is no place on land that is even 100meters below sea level. Talkless of 5000 meters.

The problem is christianity and most religions are founded on stubbornness and stupidity. You see obvious facts but are determined to remain foolish. Why? Because you think if there is one God that would punish you if you dare question the bible.

Sometimes a man has to pause and think about his life. Is my belief founded on truth?
Imagine people who worship trees, rocks, imagine the greeks who worshiped Apollo, Zeus and those gods we all know are not real. Imagine Romans who worshiped jupiter. Imagin Indians who worship AmonRa (the monkey god)

Take a moment and imagine all these people, they would all defend their gods even tho you and I know those gods are nothing but myths.
Now do you think your god is different? You think those people don't experience "miracles" in their religions too?

Fear will keep you ignorant. Stay ignorant if it makes you feel safe

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NOAH: This Information Will Make Smart People Throw Their Bibles Away! by Onliie(m): 8:17am On Feb 18, 2017
HardMirror:

And how high were the flood waters?
We are talking about flood waters that covered a mountain that is over 5000meters high do you even have an idea how high that is?

Why I said to understand you must have 4 things

1. The bible
2. Ability to read and understand english
3. Common sense
4. Sincerity

You obviously lack 3 out of this 4. Your guess is as good as mine.

Do you know what sea level is? Do you know what it means when an area is above or below sea level?

Some areas are usually a few meters below sea level usually not much maybe 5meters. If a flood happens in such an area, the water won't spread out if the flood height is below 5meters.
Such a flood will cover houses but it is contained. But we are talking of 5,000 METERS!!!! here. Such a water will cover the whole world except mountains taller than 5000 meters. There is no place on land that is even 100meters below sea level. Talkless of 5000 meters.

The problem is christianity and most religions are founded on stubbornness and stupidity. You see obvious facts but are determined to remain foolish. Why? Because you think if there is one God that would punish you if you dare question the bible.

Sometimes a man has to pause and think about his life. Is my belief founded on truth?
Imagine people who worship trees, rocks, imagine the greeks who worshiped Apollo, Zeus and those gods we all know are not real. Imagine Romans who worshiped jupiter. Imagin Indians who worship AmonRa (the monkey god)

Take a moment and imagine all these people, they would all defend their gods even tho you and I know those gods are nothing but myths.
Now do you think your god is different? You think those people don't experience "miracles" in their religions too?

Fear will keep you ignorant. Stay ignorant if it makes you feel safe
people like you just baffle me, you can't argue with people constructively without insulting them. The earth is a very complex place, it could be a global flood or a local flood, I don't know. What I know is that there was a flood. The Bible said water came from the ground and from heaven, not only from heaven.
Re: NOAH: This Information Will Make Smart People Throw Their Bibles Away! by HardMirror(m): 4:05pm On Feb 18, 2017
Onliie:
people like you just baffle me, you can't argue with people constructively without insulting them. The earth is a very complex place, it could be a global flood or a local flood, I don't know. What I know is that there was a flood. The Bible said water came from the ground and from heaven, not only from heaven.
Thanks for admitting your confusion.

Even if water came from the ground or from thin-air, all I know it that it is ridiculous for water to rise above all mountains. Rising over 5 kilometers high. This would cover 5 Burj Kalifah (the tallest building ever). Now that is a myth I won't swallow.

I repeat, you obviously have a poor understanding of what you read in the bible and you have no grain of sincerity in you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NOAH: This Information Will Make Smart People Throw Their Bibles Away! by Onliie(m): 5:25pm On Feb 18, 2017
HardMirror:

Thanks for admitting your confusion.

Even if water came from the ground or from thin-air, all I know it that it is ridiculous for water to rise above all mountains. Rising over 5 kilometers high. This would cover 5 Burj Kalifah (the tallest building ever). Now that is a myth I won't swallow.

I repeat, you obviously have a poor understanding of what you read in the bible and you have no grain of sincerity in you.
I have a lot of counter your arguments, but I'm afraid you'll insult me if I go any further. We have nothing to talk about
Re: NOAH: This Information Will Make Smart People Throw Their Bibles Away! by HardMirror(m): 6:06pm On Feb 18, 2017
Onliie:
I have a lot of counter your arguments, but I'm afraid you'll insult me if I go any further. We have nothing to talk about
That's what they say when they have nothing intelligent to say

1 Like

Re: NOAH: This Information Will Make Smart People Throw Their Bibles Away! by Onliie(m): 6:56pm On Feb 18, 2017
HardMirror:

That's what they say when they have nothing intelligent to say
intelligent people don't insult people when arguing. They bring out constructive views and proofs to back arguments. They don't attack the opponent's personality.
Re: NOAH: This Information Will Make Smart People Throw Their Bibles Away! by HardMirror(m): 7:45pm On Feb 18, 2017
Onliie:
intelligent people don't insult people when arguing. They bring out constructive views and proofs to back arguments. They don't attack the opponent's personality.
I don't see the insults in my argument with u. I only state facts.
Only an insincere, mischievous person would claim a flood that is 5000 meters high won't go round the world.
Well except you are sincerely daft anyway. Cos only a daft person won't know a flood can't be 5000 meters high at any point of the earth without going round the earth. Except you expect the water to stand like a pillar

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NOAH: This Information Will Make Smart People Throw Their Bibles Away! by Nobody: 8:10pm On Feb 18, 2017
Onliie:
how many intelligent people have you sampled? or is this just another no true Scotsman fallacy?
Re: NOAH: This Information Will Make Smart People Throw Their Bibles Away! by HardMirror(m): 9:10pm On Feb 18, 2017
Teempakguy:
how many intelligent people have you sampled? or is this just another no true Scotsman fallacy?
More like play the victim when you can't stand the heat.
When I see stvpid, I call it stvpid. Only stvpid would claim water can rise covering all mountains including mt Ararat (which is 5000meters) and won't spread over the whole earth.
Re: NOAH: This Information Will Make Smart People Throw Their Bibles Away! by Onliie(m): 10:52pm On Feb 18, 2017
HardMirror:

Only an insincere, mischievous person would claim a flood that is 5000 meters high won't go round the world.
Well except you are sincerely daft anyway. Cos only a daft person won't know a flood can't be 5000 meters high at any point of the earth without going round the earth. Except you expect the water to stand like a pillar
daft? You're so angry, my question is at who?

Let me tell you, if you can stop using phrases like 'you're daft', 'you have poor understanding', I will beat you in this argument blue and black, but it's obvious you see this argument as a personal matter. And attack everyone who disagree with you.
Re: NOAH: This Information Will Make Smart People Throw Their Bibles Away! by Onliie(m): 10:59pm On Feb 18, 2017
Teempakguy:
so one should start insulting people one's arguing with? Answer me.
Re: NOAH: This Information Will Make Smart People Throw Their Bibles Away! by HardMirror(m): 11:01pm On Feb 18, 2017
Onliie:
daft? You're so angry, my question is at who?

Let me tell you, if you can stop using phrases like 'you're daft', 'you have poor understanding', I will beat you in this argument blue and black, but it's obvious you see this argument as a personal matter. And attack everyone who disagree with you.
You are taking this too personal.
I never said YOU are daft. Point it out to me were I said YOU are daft. I only said only a daft person would think a flood can rise 5000 meters and not spread around the world. It is now left to you to include yourself in that set of daft people.

Again I would say you are taking this too personal as you see it as an argument where u would BEAT me black and blue, yet you are so cowardly to go ahead with the beating.

1 Like

Re: NOAH: This Information Will Make Smart People Throw Their Bibles Away! by Onliie(m): 11:04pm On Feb 18, 2017
HardMirror:

OK let's hear from you, what do you believe in? What's the true version.
Re: NOAH: This Information Will Make Smart People Throw Their Bibles Away! by HardMirror(m): 11:10pm On Feb 18, 2017
Onliie:
OK let's hear from you, what do you believe in? What's the true version.
Good.
True version of?
Re: NOAH: This Information Will Make Smart People Throw Their Bibles Away! by Onliie(m): 11:12pm On Feb 18, 2017
HardMirror:

Good.
True version of?
Of the origin
Re: NOAH: This Information Will Make Smart People Throw Their Bibles Away! by HardMirror(m): 11:19pm On Feb 18, 2017
Onliie:
Of the origin
Origin of? Life?
Re: NOAH: This Information Will Make Smart People Throw Their Bibles Away! by hahn(m): 11:21pm On Feb 18, 2017
HardMirror:

Origin of?
Life?

Guy you dey fall my hand. This orijin na tongue

3 Likes

Re: NOAH: This Information Will Make Smart People Throw Their Bibles Away! by HardMirror(m): 11:38pm On Feb 18, 2017
hahn:

Guy you dey fall my hand. This orijin na tongue
Na the true version be that. cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

Christians In Lagos Pray For Fire In A House To Stop (Video) / Alfa Leads Thugs To Disrupt Church Service In Ekiti / 2019 Election: Prophet Joshua Iginla Issues Fresh Prophetic Warning!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.