Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,492 members, 7,808,821 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:25 PM

Girls, What Happened To Loving A Man Without Putting Money First? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Girls, What Happened To Loving A Man Without Putting Money First? (2569 Views)

I'm 27 Loving A 17 Year Old!!! Pls Help.. / Girls: What Attracts You The Most In Boys? / Claims To Loving Two (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Girls, What Happened To Loving A Man Without Putting Money First? by DrLorenz1(m): 1:38pm On Sep 04, 2009
This one's for the females in here and all over the world.

I've always wondered what happened to the times when women loved men without thinking of money and other things first. These days, it seems that even that doesn't work any more. This is because no matter what the guys give to the girls, they always seem to be looking out for someone who has it more.

In the same vein, they (the female folks) complain so much about guys being all sorts of things, forgetting that "for every action, there's an opposite but opposite reaction" grin. The action being they value money more than love, and the reaction being that the guys value what the money can give grin grin

So once again, i ask: What happened to loving a guy without putting the money first?

I know most people (guys and girls alike) will crucify me on what i've said, but i know that y'all know that what i've said is not entirely false, neither is it stupid grin grin

Ur humble comments are welcome. No matter what you say, we're cool
Re: Girls, What Happened To Loving A Man Without Putting Money First? by yme1(f): 1:47pm On Sep 04, 2009
the truth is love without money is nothing
miss independent is the best
you gain more respect from the guys
the fact that i love being miss independent doesnt mean i should date a guy who gat nothing undecided
Re: Girls, What Happened To Loving A Man Without Putting Money First? by Nobody: 1:48pm On Sep 04, 2009
Nobody's going to crucify you for baring your mind, even though that's what NLders know how to do most!!

To answer your question? What happened to loving a man without putting money first?

Women still do that!! When they think the man's sincere. These days a guy tells me he likes me and I take a second look at myself to know if I'm wearing something revealing. Guys say one thing and mean the other. A guy approaches you with all sincerity and just when you decide to give him that chance, he shows you what he's really after . .  sex!!

Now I'm not saying guys no longer go for ladies they really like or want something real from, but it's all come down to a 'How fast can I get her to bed' game!!

Most ladies have since learnt from experience that even that guy you think really loves you, and who you've decided to love back with all your heart, often turn out to be just like the other guys. So when a girl's going into a relationship, she's counting her losses from day 1 . . . .

1 Like

Re: Girls, What Happened To Loving A Man Without Putting Money First? by Nobody: 1:50pm On Sep 04, 2009
oh im so sick of hearing this. i love being in love rather than
having a rich man sure having a man with money has its
points but still i would rather have love and not money.
look just because a guy has money doesn't mean you ll be happy.
I rather have something to hold ratherthen the next best thing out
there on the market and stupid diamond jewelry. i could care less about my mans wallet. As long as he buys me something on our anniversary, valentines day, birthday, Christmas. That's all i want.
I want to work hard for my own money not depend on some man
Re: Girls, What Happened To Loving A Man Without Putting Money First? by biola44: 1:54pm On Sep 04, 2009
me thinks times av change, simple!
Re: Girls, What Happened To Loving A Man Without Putting Money First? by krimi(f): 2:13pm On Sep 04, 2009
honestly speakn wen u bring urslf down to date a guy who has notn u automatically become an atm machine 4him tongue . sometimes i feel u shud help bt some guys r just greedy dey will b wit u just because of wat u can offer, had a guy who used to drive my car,live in my apartment,infact he had it all thanks to me,i did dat because i loved him nd tot he needed support nd al bt,

abeg liv story, dos days of mama nd papa don gooooooooooo

its a "shine ur eye" ERA!
Re: Girls, What Happened To Loving A Man Without Putting Money First? by Gabry(f): 2:19pm On Sep 04, 2009
I think o love someone these days with no money is a big huge risk. It could go either ways. He could love you in return or he could dupe you and run off.

My aunt fall inlove with this American Whites guy and they both got married and she borowed money from the bank for her husband to open a business. When she was in labour in the hospital, he left the hospital, stole all the business money and ran away. She was left in a country where she had no one there and she had no money and she had to start everything all over and pay the bank loan.

My bf was broke when I first met him and I did the same thing like my aunt (although my aunt told me to leave him) but did not took a loan, I collected money by working for him to make a business and now that he is so much well off than I am, he pampers me well (I dont really like it though) but he says its his job.

So yeah, these days, love is a big risk when it comes to money
Re: Girls, What Happened To Loving A Man Without Putting Money First? by candylips(m): 2:22pm On Sep 04, 2009
Money can buy me love
Re: Girls, What Happened To Loving A Man Without Putting Money First? by Nobody: 2:29pm On Sep 04, 2009
Gabry:

I think o love someone these days with no money is a big huge risk. It could go either ways. He could love you in return or he could dupe you and run off.

My aunt fall inlove with this American Whites guy and they both got married and she borowed money from the bank for her husband to open a business. When she was in labour in the hospital, he left the hospital, stole all the business money and ran away. She was left in a country where she had no one there and she had no money and she had to start everything all over and pay the bank loan.

My bf was broke when I first met him and I did the same thing like my aunt (although my aunt told me to leave him) but did not took a loan, I collected money by working for him to make a business and now that he is so much well off than I am, he pampers me well (I dont really like it though) but he says its his job.
So yeah, these days, love is a big risk when it comes to money

The one that broadcasts your phone conversations with him? Well, give it a time . . . .
Re: Girls, What Happened To Loving A Man Without Putting Money First? by Nobody: 2:32pm On Sep 04, 2009
So no woman is checking for any guy without a job, a car, and a nice apartment.
krimi:

honestly speakn wen u bring urslf down to date a guy who has notn u automatically become an atm machine 4him tongue . sometimes i feel u shud help bt some guys r just greedy dey will b wit u just because of wat u can offer, had a guy who used to drive my car,live in my apartment,infact he had it all thanks to me,i did dat because i loved him nd tot he needed support nd al bt,

abeg liv story, dos days of mama nd papa don gooooooooooo

its a "shine your eye" ERA!
now wey your eye don shine wetin you don see?? wink cool
Re: Girls, What Happened To Loving A Man Without Putting Money First? by Nobody: 2:37pm On Sep 04, 2009
OMO IBO:

So no woman is checking for any guy without a job, a car, and a nice apartment.now wey your eye don shine wetin you don see?? wink cool

Oh some 'virtous' women still do . . but gold-diggers like us? No way!! cheesy
Re: Girls, What Happened To Loving A Man Without Putting Money First? by candylips(m): 2:39pm On Sep 04, 2009
uju so u are a gold digger *** sneezzes **
Re: Girls, What Happened To Loving A Man Without Putting Money First? by Nobody: 2:41pm On Sep 04, 2009
Ujujoan:

Oh some 'virtous' women still do . . but gold-diggers like us? No way!! cheesy
you know the phrase/term 'virtuous woman' is relative. Your own definition/understanding of a 'virtuous woman' could be different from the next persons.

besides, who's calling you a gold digger?
Re: Girls, What Happened To Loving A Man Without Putting Money First? by Nobody: 2:41pm On Sep 04, 2009
Ujujoan:

Nobody's going to crucify you for baring your mind, even though that's what NLders know how to do most!!

To answer your question? What happened to loving a man without putting money first?

Women still do that!! When they think the man's sincere. These days a guy tells me he likes me and I take a second look at myself to know if I'm wearing something revealing. Guys say one thing and mean the other. A guy approaches you with all sincerity and just when you decide to give him that chance, he shows you what he's really after . .  sex!!

Now I'm not saying guys no longer go for ladies they really like or want something real from, but it's all come down to a 'How fast can I get her to bed' game!!

Most ladies have since learnt from experience that even that guy you think really loves you, and who you've decided to love back with all your heart, often turn out to be just like the other guys. So when a girl's going into a relationship, she's counting her losses from day 1 . . . .

Girl you hit the nail in the head, I dont trust guys nowadays because all they want is sex and its that bad that on the second meeting they are already telling me that sex will help cement the potential relationship This is before they even know my last name undecided, I might just start shouting down guys who come my way because they are all wasters who evidently want sex only,
Re: Girls, What Happened To Loving A Man Without Putting Money First? by Nobody: 2:45pm On Sep 04, 2009
Ebonyeyes:

Girl you hit the nail in the head, I dont trust guys nowadays because all they want is sex and its that bad that on the second meeting they are already telling me that sex will help cement the potential relationship This is before they even know my last name undecided, I might just start shouting down guys who come my way because they are all wasters who evidently want sex only,
The same way you won't be caught pants down with a guy that has nothing going for himself. . . .
Most guys on the other hand won't stay with a girl who refuses to have sex especially if she is not a virgin.
Re: Girls, What Happened To Loving A Man Without Putting Money First? by Gabry(f): 2:46pm On Sep 04, 2009
Ujujoan. Yeap. In time to come we will know right? smiley
Re: Girls, What Happened To Loving A Man Without Putting Money First? by Nobody: 2:48pm On Sep 04, 2009
OMO IBO:

The same way you won't be caught pants down with a guy that has nothing going for himself. . . .
Most guys on the other hand won't stay with a girl who refuses to have sex especially if she is not a virgin.
Oga are you now a mind reader? undecided Do you have a crystal ball too? undecided

I really dont care about material things,  sweeping generalisations is the other of the day in this forum,
Re: Girls, What Happened To Loving A Man Without Putting Money First? by Nobody: 2:51pm On Sep 04, 2009
Ebonyeyes:

Oga are you now a mind reader? undecided Do you have a crystal ball too? undecided

I really dont care about material things, sweeping generalisations is the other of the day in this forum,
Ma'am, could you please highlight any part of my post where i may have put everyone in the same box?
Re: Girls, What Happened To Loving A Man Without Putting Money First? by Nobody: 2:51pm On Sep 04, 2009
OMO IBO:

you know the phrase/term 'virtuous woman' is relative. Your own definition/understanding of a 'virtuous woman' could be different from the next persons.

besides, who's calling you a gold digger?

Ahan, haven't you being on NL? I won that award, ask Candylips .   cheesy

Gabry:

Ujujoan. Yeap. In time to come we will know right? smiley

smiley Goodluck anyway!!

OMO IBO:

Most girls dont mind having sex, they only mind when you walk out the next morning to the next available person, or when you are sticking it into any thing on skirt!  smiley
Re: Girls, What Happened To Loving A Man Without Putting Money First? by Nobody: 2:54pm On Sep 04, 2009
OMO IBO:

That smells of generalisation to me undecided
Re: Girls, What Happened To Loving A Man Without Putting Money First? by follypimpi(m): 2:55pm On Sep 04, 2009
Ujujoan:

Most girls dont mind having sex, they only mind when you walk out the next morning to the next available person, or when you are sticking it into any thing on skirt! smiley

Cos y'all Stingy always trying to Hoard our Joy Stick.
Re: Girls, What Happened To Loving A Man Without Putting Money First? by Nobody: 2:55pm On Sep 04, 2009
Ujujoan:

Most girls dont mind having sex, they only mind when you walk out the next morning to the next available person, or when you are sticking it into any thing on skirt!  smiley
Or disappear when you say no just because you are still getting to know eachother undecided
Re: Girls, What Happened To Loving A Man Without Putting Money First? by Nobody: 2:56pm On Sep 04, 2009
follypimpi:

Cos y'all Stingy always trying to Hoard our Joy Stick.

And some of yall are too impatient pressuring girls for your selfish needs undecided
Re: Girls, What Happened To Loving A Man Without Putting Money First? by Nobody: 2:58pm On Sep 04, 2009
Ujujoan:

Ahan, haven't you being on NL? I won that award, ask Candylips .   cheesy

smiley Goodluck anyway!!

Stay on course ma'am
See you are now talking about a guy that cheats.
But the topic is referrign to a woman that loves a guy for who he is and what who he has.

with regards to being called a gold digger. . . .
if you are talking about the other thread you created. . . . . .psssst!
it ran out of steam.
Re: Girls, What Happened To Loving A Man Without Putting Money First? by follypimpi(m): 2:59pm On Sep 04, 2009
Ebonyeyes:

And some of yall are too impatient pressuring girls for your selfish needs undecided

Cos we ve got needs too,Who says we cant know each other by giving it up also ?
Re: Girls, What Happened To Loving A Man Without Putting Money First? by MissyB1(m): 2:59pm On Sep 04, 2009
Dr. Lorenz:

I've always wondered what happened to the times when women loved men without thinking of money and other things first.
There were no such days . . . . .Nuffin that happens in 2009 is new.
Whatever is . . . .Was.
Even in the old days . . . .I'm sure a man with the highest number of barns,
was the dream of every woman.

Dr. Lorenz:

This is because no matter what the guys give to the girls, they always seem to be looking out for someone who has it more.
[s]C'mon, We love progress . . . .who chooses to eat grass in place of vegetables? The richer, the better[/s] tongue
Not every Girl is Oliver twist.
Some of us are capable of taking PERFECT care of ourselves and even give to the
indigent.

Dr. Lorenz:

In the same vein, they (the female folks) complain so much about guys being all sorts of things, forgetting that "for every action, there's an opposite but opposite reaction" grin. The action being they value money more than love, and the reaction being that the guys value what the money can give  grin grin
Going by Your last third lines, one sex doesn't have an edge over the other.
Something about 'Pot calling kettle black'. So li2 boys and girls . . . .Stop whinning

Dr. Lorenz:

So once again, i ask: What happened to loving a guy without putting the money first?
Same thing that happened to wooing a girl with 'good' intentions
without scrutinizing her boobs and ass or checking her 'fhuckablility' status first.
Re: Girls, What Happened To Loving A Man Without Putting Money First? by Nobody: 3:00pm On Sep 04, 2009
Ebonyeyes:

Or disappear when you say no just because you are still getting to know eachother undecided

Or 'forgets' to call and expects you to come running back cos he's 'been there' !!
Re: Girls, What Happened To Loving A Man Without Putting Money First? by Nobody: 3:01pm On Sep 04, 2009
follypimpi:

Cos we ve got needs too,Who says we cant know each other by giving it up also ?

Yes but you shouldnt disrespect and ridicule the girl in the process? undecided
Re: Girls, What Happened To Loving A Man Without Putting Money First? by Nobody: 3:02pm On Sep 04, 2009
Ebonyeyes:

That smells of generalisation to me undecided
WTF??
are you serious?
I mean, are you kiddin me?

You call
OMO IBO:

generalisation?
Miss, i was responding to your comment and every other person who thought like you.
Re: Girls, What Happened To Loving A Man Without Putting Money First? by Nobody: 3:03pm On Sep 04, 2009
Ujujoan:

Or 'forgets' to call and expects you to come running back cos he's 'been there' !!
Indeed, Or tells you the ball is in your court in other words if we are sexing then we can be together eventhough I dont know your last name or what you do undecided
Re: Girls, What Happened To Loving A Man Without Putting Money First? by Nobody: 3:05pm On Sep 04, 2009
OMO IBO:

WTF??
are you serious?
I mean, are you kiddin me?

You callgeneralisation?
Miss, i was responding to your comment and every other person who thought like you.
Yes sir its generalising,
Re: Girls, What Happened To Loving A Man Without Putting Money First? by Nobody: 3:07pm On Sep 04, 2009
Ebonyeyes:

Yes sir its generalising,
cool, then generalising i was.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dont Knw What To Do,pls Advice Me / How Long Can You Stay Without Communicating With Your Boyfriend/girlfriend. / My Marriage Is In Shambles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.