Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,864 members, 7,802,771 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:14 PM

Yetunde Onanuga's Convoy Attacked By Militants - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yetunde Onanuga's Convoy Attacked By Militants (16935 Views)

Idia Ize-Iyamu's Convoy Attacked In Iyamho, Edo / Ize-iyamu Convoy Attacked At Jattu, APC Deputy Governorship Aspirant's Town / Amosun Visits Ebute-Ibafo And Ogijo Ravaged By Militants (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yetunde Onanuga's Convoy Attacked By Militants by Slimbideb: 3:58am On Jun 28, 2016
ABEOKUTA — Ogun State Deputy Governor, Chief Yetunde Onanuga, yesterday, escaped death in Ibafo in Obafemi-Owode when suspected Niger Delta militants engaged the security teams accompanying her to some borderline communities between Ogun and Lagos states, which were sacked by militants. The deputy governor accompanied by the service chiefs in the state had embarked on an inspection visit to Imushin, Elepete and Igbo-Olomu where some people were killed by suspected militants when the incident happened.

Onanuga was said to have been asked by Governor Ibikunle Amosun to visit the place to reassure residents of the commitment of the authorities towards providing adequate security for lives and property.

But the situation changed at Akoka Ebute area of Ibafo, in Obafemi-Owode Local Government Area when suspected militants opened fire on the security operatives that accompanied the deputy governor.

However, there was no casualty during the gun battle which lasted for about 20 minutes.

Scores of people last Friday lost their lives when the militants launched violent attacks on some communities in the state.

Worried by the militants attacks, traditional rulers from the affected communities went on a “save our souls” mission yesterday and held a meeting with the Secretary to the State Government, SSG, Taiwo Adeoluwa, in Abeokuta.

After the meeting, a state delegation led by the deputy governor visited the affected communities.

As an advance security team was approaching the Ibafo creeks where the suspected militants were believed to be hiding, a barrage of gunfire ensued, forcing the law enforcement agents to take cover.

Vanguard gathered that the security operatives, comprising soldiers and policemen , responded swiftly and repelled the suspected militants, who later retreated deeper into the creeks and escaped in the process.

The state delegation later made a detour from the troubled area after the deputy governor had assured the residents of commitment to their safety.

Reacting to the gun battle, the SSG expressed concern over the deteriorating security situation in the affected communities and called for urgent Federal Government’s assistance.

He said the exchange of gunfire between the security operatives and the daredevil criminals in broad daylight was regrettable.

Adeoluwa said, “It is a thing of regret that things have gone so bad in our country; at this level, the teams led by the deputy governor of the state were not able to have access to a part of our state. It means that without mincing words, the Federal Government needs to get involved in this.

“This is something that is beyond the capacity of the police. We need military task force like the one we have in Niger Delta; It’s necessary and desirable. As we can see in Elepete, Igbo-Olomu and Imagbon, nothing can be compared with the violence here in Ibafo.”

www.vanguardngr.com/2016/06/ogun-dep-gov-escapes-death-militants-attack-convoy/

1 Share

Re: Yetunde Onanuga's Convoy Attacked By Militants by tobiit(m): 4:04am On Jun 28, 2016
This is really getting out of hand. The government need to act now. These idiots can't hold Nigeria to ransom.

1 Like

Re: Yetunde Onanuga's Convoy Attacked By Militants by Rencent(m): 4:20am On Jun 28, 2016
Ipob yoot

4 Likes

Re: Yetunde Onanuga's Convoy Attacked By Militants by Olachase(m): 4:27am On Jun 28, 2016
So day longer have power in Naija Delte now day are moving to SW those guys are nothing Buh basted.... Day even steal bread and goat lazy people later day say we are rice and educated... Before I think those guys were fighting for there right Buh now I understood day were only fighting for there pocket.... Your days are number on earth

4 Likes

Re: Yetunde Onanuga's Convoy Attacked By Militants by Musiwa419: 4:42am On Jun 28, 2016
Hmmmmmm
Re: Yetunde Onanuga's Convoy Attacked By Militants by Firefire(m): 4:46am On Jun 28, 2016
dede marawo.

Igigogoro ma gun mi loju, okere ... angry

2 Likes

Re: Yetunde Onanuga's Convoy Attacked By Militants by Esperooke(m): 4:46am On Jun 28, 2016
The Federal Government needs to rise up to their party, cos it seems those guys are on a mission....... Perhaps to carry out Akpabio's script in the Southwest.

14 Likes

Re: Yetunde Onanuga's Convoy Attacked By Militants by phemmie06(m): 4:54am On Jun 28, 2016
Government should find something to do to this and uncover the power and the people behind this

1 Like

Re: Yetunde Onanuga's Convoy Attacked By Militants by nonjebose(m): 5:05am On Jun 28, 2016
Totally unacceptable
Re: Yetunde Onanuga's Convoy Attacked By Militants by mrvitalis(m): 5:14am On Jun 28, 2016
And what has this got to do with the Niger Delta struggle.... Now hope all they supporters have seen them for who they are.. . Criminals
Hope armesty international can see this... hope the United nation can see this...
This is a treat to Nigerian government and unity and should be treated as such.. .

11 Likes

Re: Yetunde Onanuga's Convoy Attacked By Militants by Pavarottii(m): 5:28am On Jun 28, 2016
Niger Delta militants my ass, fulanis are. Trailing ur asses, u say is ND militant. Tell me where militants kill on rampage even in d ND. Give me one instance, where more than 3 scores were killed by militants in a day in d ND state.
Militants don't kill innocent people, except is a tribal war.

57 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Yetunde Onanuga's Convoy Attacked By Militants by sinkhole: 5:29am On Jun 28, 2016
The end of Biafra started at Ore, a Yorubaland! I think the attack in Ogun state may be the beginning of the end of those Niger Deltan fools!

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yetunde Onanuga's Convoy Attacked By Militants by Mynd44: 5:30am On Jun 28, 2016
Re: Yetunde Onanuga's Convoy Attacked By Militants by Mynd44: 5:31am On Jun 28, 2016
Re: Yetunde Onanuga's Convoy Attacked By Militants by sarrki(m): 5:35am On Jun 28, 2016
It is well
Re: Yetunde Onanuga's Convoy Attacked By Militants by vedaxcool(m): 5:37am On Jun 28, 2016
Those celebrating mischief should take note insecurity benefits only criminals.

1 Like

Re: Yetunde Onanuga's Convoy Attacked By Militants by Nobody: 5:50am On Jun 28, 2016
Han Han. Dis one don dey pass becareful o!
Re: Yetunde Onanuga's Convoy Attacked By Militants by Progressive01(m): 6:02am On Jun 28, 2016
mrvitalis:
And what has this got to do with the Niger Delta struggle.... Now hope all they supporters have seen them for who they are.. . Criminals
Hope armesty international can see this... hope the United nation can see this...
This is a treat to Nigerian government and unity and should be treated as such.. .
Those bodies you just mentioned would NEVER see the aggressor but soon as a government takes a single step to nip the situation in the bud, you see them develop an everlasting h&rdon and roam the world showcasing it like some medal of victory.

So also, those useless miscreants that flood the forum from the land of the rising drugs would see nothing wrong with this, at best, they'd come taunt and mock the Yorubas over the incident- but soon as the government takes steps to crush the idiots, they start screaming "dictatorship" and "genocide".

Some people believe the North-Southwest alliance is the reason why Nigeria still remains One today despite all attempts to break it up. Now, they imagine when the Southwest is pushed sufficiently to the wall, they wouldn't hesitate to begin to call for secession as well, and once that happens, their course would be given a boost.

The SW should see through the shenanigans of these enemies of state and engage the FG and the good people of the SS/ND on how best to resolve this. They shouldn't play into the hands of those terrorists by calling for secession.

13 Likes

Re: Yetunde Onanuga's Convoy Attacked By Militants by Musiwa419: 6:09am On Jun 28, 2016
Pavarottii:
Niger Delta militants my ass, fulanis are. Trailing ur asses, u say is ND militant. Tell me where militants kill on rampage even in d ND. Give me one instance, where more than 3 scores were killed by militants in a day in d ND state.
Militants don't kill innocent people, except is a tribal war.
What concerns Fulani's with creeks and Oil Pipelines. They are Ijaw Militants. There ethnicty is not in question

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yetunde Onanuga's Convoy Attacked By Militants by Slimbideb: 6:12am On Jun 28, 2016
I trust my SW people na! Once dey decide to make use of deir oldfather JUJU,Na den duz Militants go know dff btw wine en palmwine

4 Likes

Re: Yetunde Onanuga's Convoy Attacked By Militants by Progressive01(m): 6:13am On Jun 28, 2016
Musiwa419:
What concerns Fulani's with creeks and Oil Pioelines. They are Ijaw Militants. There ethnicty is not in question
Ask any idiot who doubts the story to look at the source and slap the back of their flat heads a hundred times to see that it is not "sahara reporters" but a well known pro Uganda paper- VANGUARD.

8 Likes

Re: Yetunde Onanuga's Convoy Attacked By Militants by Slimbideb: 6:13am On Jun 28, 2016
Wicked Fellows! Yur death is doing press-up.
Re: Yetunde Onanuga's Convoy Attacked By Militants by Slimbideb: 6:16am On Jun 28, 2016
Progressive01:
Ask any idiot who doubts the story to look at the source and slap the back of their flat heads a hundred times to see that it is not "sahara reporters" but a well know pro Uganda paper- VANGUARD.
Buh all dsame are you trying to say those Wicked gangs are not Militants or what?
Re: Yetunde Onanuga's Convoy Attacked By Militants by slimfit1(m): 6:20am On Jun 28, 2016
This is when you use helicopter an other things to fish them out but ok sha
Re: Yetunde Onanuga's Convoy Attacked By Militants by AshiwajuFoward: 6:20am On Jun 28, 2016
Smh. Some ijaw-deek sucking gig.bbos are trying so hard to absolve their ijaw masters as the culprits of these crimes and would rather blame herdsmen even when all evidence so far point to ijaw miscreants. Gigbos maka why? When will though quit sucking ijaw deek, why??

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yetunde Onanuga's Convoy Attacked By Militants by Nobody: 7:21am On Jun 28, 2016
[size=14pt]As difficult as it might be, I think we need to practice regionalism. That's the best thing that can work for us, we need a weak center, I thought Buhari would recognize this, but it seems we want to continue in this death trap called Federalism that the Americans specially prepared for us. It is quite sad. [/size]

2 Likes

Re: Yetunde Onanuga's Convoy Attacked By Militants by Leopard2A7: 7:23am On Jun 28, 2016
Re: Yetunde Onanuga's Convoy Attacked By Militants by Leopard2A7: 7:25am On Jun 28, 2016
danyel09:
[size=14pt]As difficult as it might be, I think we need to practice regionalism. That's the best thing that can work for us, we need a weak center, I thought Buhari would recognize this, but it seems we want to continue in this death trap called Federalism that the Americans specially prepared for us. It is quite sad. [/size]

What do you mean by the bold part?

Did the Americans force us to practise the type of fake federalism we are practising today?

Only failures continue to blame others for the woes.

It is time for us to do the right thing and stop waiting for one America or Britain.

1 Like

Re: Yetunde Onanuga's Convoy Attacked By Militants by Leopard2A7: 7:28am On Jun 28, 2016
“This is something that is beyond the capacity of the
police. We need military task force like the one we have
in Niger Delta; It’s necessary and desirable. As we can
see in Elepete, Igbo-Olomu and Imagbon, nothing can be
compared with the violence here in Ibafo.”

What is Buhari waiting for

1 Like

Re: Yetunde Onanuga's Convoy Attacked By Militants by fulanimafia: 7:41am On Jun 28, 2016
Keep quiet and bow your head in shame for supporting the activities of those blood sucking terrorists from the creeks. Those Ijaw terrorists will soon be flattened; mark my word.

Pavarottii:
[s]Niger Delta militants my ass, fulanis are. Trailing ur asses, u say is ND militant. Tell me where militants kill on rampage even in d ND. Give me one instance, where more than 3 scores were killed by militants in a day in d ND state.
Militants don't kill innocent people, except is a tribal war[/s].

3 Likes

Re: Yetunde Onanuga's Convoy Attacked By Militants by Nobody: 7:42am On Jun 28, 2016
Leopard2A7:

What do you mean by the bold part?

Did the Americans force us to practise the type of fake federalism we are practising today?

Only failures continue to blame others for the woes.

It is time for us to do the right thing and stop waiting for one America or Britain.
I'm very sorry, but it's evident you don't know much about your country. Not like it's your fault though, we need to start teaching history in schools full time. Or at least, read books. To your question

Nigeria was colonised by Britain. Us Africans were colonised by one country or another except for some few ones.

After independence, we practiced our system of government structured after Britain (our mother). We had regions, we had the parliament. Awolowo ran the whole western region with just 12 commissioners, but they were effective, things went on good, free education and all. The coup came and Murtala proposed the return to civilian rule, he couldn't fulfill it, OBJ did, but this time not to our normal system, but a new one, federalism with the aid of the US, a system of government that only works for them. Why do you think the US likes OBJ, or do you think OBJ is a Joseph that will come from prison and become president just like that, think my brother. He had formed an alliance with them once, it was time for them to return the favour and they did so well.
That system is killing us now, very expensive, our representatives are closer to the center than to us yet we sent them there, one state now has at least 20 commissioners yet they appoint more. I can't begin to list out the problems Federalism has brought us because I won't leave here.
Think my brother, think.

2 Likes

Re: Yetunde Onanuga's Convoy Attacked By Militants by Rival(m): 8:01am On Jun 28, 2016
Fulani people in collaboration with some misguided Yoruba miscreants, who under duress, are trying to please their masters by terrorising their land, but they decide to look the other way and point fingers at Ijaw people. What is the interest of Ijaw people or Niger Delta in Ogun?

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria Election: Buhari’s Minister, Usani, Speaks On Working For PDP / How Cashless System Can Help Track Election Financing In Nigeria"- Osinbajo / I Paid WAEC Fees For Igbo, Hausa, Yoruba Students In Lagos — Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.