Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,958 members, 7,806,774 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:24 PM

Data Users, Why You Should Get Yourself An Airtel Sim. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Data Users, Why You Should Get Yourself An Airtel Sim. (8037 Views)

Important Information For Those Upgrading Their Airtel Sim To 4G LTE. / Is Anyone Here An Airtel User? Please Let Me Know / Fraudsters Swap Lady's Airtel Sim And Steal Her N400,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Data Users, Why You Should Get Yourself An Airtel Sim. by tempem: 5:58am On Jun 28, 2016

Airtel currently have two datas, at first, I considered it silly or unreasonable, but later, I found out that I was wrong. Though the plans aren't *extremely* good.. But, it's one of the best

(a.) The Two hundred(200) Naira two weeks plan..
This plan works for two weeks, but it's limited on Edge
Sub code: *482#

(b.) The mid night hourly plan, ranging from 11pm- 5:59am.
You'll be charged hundred Naira(100) for each hour used...
And for two hours, you'll be charged Two Hundred Naira(200)
Sub code: *312*3# For 100Naira & *312*4# 200Naira.

Now consider these:
1. Recently, in Nigeria, the power supply has really gone down. So one might really want to limit himself on edge just to save your battery's bars. So here, the first plan -(a.), will fit in.
Since all you might really want to do at work or during the day might be, just to surf, receive emails, and get messages from your social apps.

2. We often complain of network providers being found of zapping datas, Airtel isn't left out here, though. But with the mid night hourly plan, you can outwit Airtel because it's unlimited! I'll attach screen shot of the speed I've got while downloading.

To summarize now, these are what you'll get:
For four weeks, you'll end up spending Four Hundred Naira(400), but you'll be on edge.
Then, what if you'll love to update heavy files, download heavy files, download files on your laptop? You'll subscribe to the mid night plan.
Let's say you did that twice in four weeks, it'll amount to Two hundred Naira(200)
You'll end up spending a total of Six Hundred Naira(600) in a month.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Data Users, Why You Should Get Yourself An Airtel Sim. by Talkloaded: 6:07am On Jun 28, 2016
Nice
Re: Data Users, Why You Should Get Yourself An Airtel Sim. by Lordskyes(m): 6:10am On Jun 28, 2016
Cool.
Re: Data Users, Why You Should Get Yourself An Airtel Sim. by tempem: 6:27am On Jun 28, 2016
Screen shot added!!
Cc: marv650
Cutehector.

Machogan:
I have been using this Airtel #2gb since the day it started and I can ensure you its the best and most affordable plan,could you believe me if I tell you that I have downloaded about 5gb+ of data for as low as #600...I really appreciate Airtel other service providers should emulate them

kendrick9:
Subscribed for the 200naira unlimited.downloaded upto 2.62gb yesternight.
Re: Data Users, Why You Should Get Yourself An Airtel Sim. by tempem: 6:28am On Jun 28, 2016
Lordskyes:
Cool.
I'm not done typing self and you've eaten up my space.. grin cheesy
Re: Data Users, Why You Should Get Yourself An Airtel Sim. by tempem: 7:21am On Jun 28, 2016
Boyembo:
Am using the 2g plan...when i switched to 3g...my data will be deducted from opera mini bundle...and when i want to download in the midnight...i will do d 100 naira stuff.......i dont knw wer u pple are gettin d info dat 3g doesnt work wen u sub for 2g.....

Thanks Boyembo
Re: Data Users, Why You Should Get Yourself An Airtel Sim. by Marv650(m): 7:53am On Jun 28, 2016
Nice one it works well.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Data Users, Why You Should Get Yourself An Airtel Sim. by joseph214(m): 7:53am On Jun 28, 2016
Op if you are using the 2g plan for instance and it has not expired can u subscribe for that night plan and use it or the 2g plan has to expire first.
Re: Data Users, Why You Should Get Yourself An Airtel Sim. by tempem: 8:09am On Jun 28, 2016
joseph214:
Op if you are using the 2g plan for instance and it has not expired can u subscribe for that night plan and use it or the 2g plan has to expire first.
You can, you don't have to wait till it's been exhausted. It doesn't affect the weekly plan..
mukhcech:

The 2gb Edge plan does not in anyway affects your 3G service or H+ or even your night plan. I used 2hours on my sim with the 2gb edge plan last night.
Best served...

somehowpenis:
Once you sub for the 2G plan, you'd never see 3G service work on your phone again till the 2G plan expires, you can't deactivate it, it must expire.. Even if you sub for any other sub whilst still having the 2G sub running your 3G won't work.. So beware..

Reyginus:
No, it works. I combined it with the Operamini plan for one week and my 3g worked.
Re: Data Users, Why You Should Get Yourself An Airtel Sim. by tempem: 8:10am On Jun 28, 2016
Marv650:
Nice one it works well.
Ogbeni.. You dey use am?
Re: Data Users, Why You Should Get Yourself An Airtel Sim. by somehowpenis(m): 8:13am On Jun 28, 2016
Once you sub for the 2G plan, you'd never see 3G service work on your phone again till the 2G plan expires, you can't deactivate it, it must expire.. Even if you sub for any other sub whilst still having the 2G sub running your 3G won't work.. So beware..

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Data Users, Why You Should Get Yourself An Airtel Sim. by tempem: 8:22am On Jun 28, 2016
somehowpenis:

Thanks, bro.. This is noteworthy. I've updated it.
Subscription for the night plan could be done as soon as the first two weeks runs out.. .

mukhcech:

The 2gb Edge plan does not in anyway affects your 3G service or H+ or even your night plan. I used 2hours on my sim with the 2gb edge plan last night.
Note this bro.. .
Re: Data Users, Why You Should Get Yourself An Airtel Sim. by tempem: 8:36am On Jun 28, 2016
joseph214:
Someone informed me that the H and H+ wouldn't show during the weekly plan, even if you subscribe for the night plan.
That shows that the night plan could be done as soon as the first two weeks plan runs out.

mukhcech:

The alarm is false..
Re: Data Users, Why You Should Get Yourself An Airtel Sim. by BENJASCO: 8:51am On Jun 28, 2016
Are you a witness?

tempem:
[font=

Airtel currently have two datas, at first, I considered it silly or unreasonable, but later, I found out that I was wrong. Though the plans aren't *extremely* good.. But, it's one of the best

Now consider these:
1. Recently, in Nigeria, the power supply has really gone down. So one might really want to limit himself on edge just to save your battery's bars. So here, the first plan -(a.), will fit in.
Since all you might really want to do at work or during the day might be, just to surf, receive emails, and get messages from your social apps.

2. We often complain of network providers being found of zapping datas, Airtel isn't left out here, though. But with the mid night hourly plan, you can outwit Airtel because it's unlimited! I'll attach screen shot of the speed I've got while downloading.

For four weeks, you'll end up spending Four Hundred Naira(400), but you'll be on edge.
Then, what if you'll love to update heavy files, download heavy files, download files on your laptop? You'll subscribe to the mid night plan.
Let's say you did that twice in four weeks, it'll amount to Two hundred Naira(200)

*Note: A poster here just told me this, even if you subscribe for the Night plan, your H&H+ will not come up.. Until the weekly plan is being exhausted.. So, you can always sub for the night plan as soon as the first two weeks run out.. [/font]
Re: Data Users, Why You Should Get Yourself An Airtel Sim. by tempem: 8:54am On Jun 28, 2016
BENJASCO:
Are you a witness?

Yes bro... Why did you ask? cheesy

1 Like

Re: Data Users, Why You Should Get Yourself An Airtel Sim. by joseph214(m): 8:56am On Jun 28, 2016
tempem:

Someone informed me that the H and H+ wouldn't show during the weekly plan, even if you subscribe for the night plan.
That shows that the night plan could be done as soon as the first two weeks plan runs out.
Ok thanks 4 d info
Re: Data Users, Why You Should Get Yourself An Airtel Sim. by Tunechi1(m): 9:04am On Jun 28, 2016
E
Re: Data Users, Why You Should Get Yourself An Airtel Sim. by Nobody: 9:10am On Jun 28, 2016
That 2G plan for 200 is a waste of money. I didn't use up to 30MB before it expired two days ago.
tempem:

Now consider these:

*Note: A poster here just told me this, even if you subscribe for the Night plan, your H&H+ will not come up.. Until the weekly plan is being exhausted.. So, you can always sub for the night plan as soon as the first two weeks run out..
Re: Data Users, Why You Should Get Yourself An Airtel Sim. by tempem: 9:13am On Jun 28, 2016
SillyeRabbit:
That 2G plan for 200 is a waste of money. I didn't use up to 30MB before it expired two days ago.

you just quite being unfortunate, bro.. . It works well, I swear.
Re: Data Users, Why You Should Get Yourself An Airtel Sim. by Nobody: 9:21am On Jun 28, 2016
Good it works for you but most people now know it's a scam. Other networks are moving from 3G service to something better but airtel is going back to 2G. What a network. undecided
tempem:

you just quite being unfortunate, bro.. . It works well, I swear.

1 Like

Re: Data Users, Why You Should Get Yourself An Airtel Sim. by adisajoshua(m): 9:33am On Jun 28, 2016
The 2g is working well for me. My download speed sometime reach 356kps. My 3g, when switched on shows, but I will be informed that I have no data plan and should purchase one.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Data Users, Why You Should Get Yourself An Airtel Sim. by tempem: 9:37am On Jun 28, 2016
SillyeRabbit:
Good it works for you but most people now know it's a scam. Other networks are moving from 3G service to something better but airtel is going back to 2G. What a network. undecided
Other network providers moves from 3G to something better.. But you are missing something.. What's the cost? Speak for yourself, bro.

1 Like

Re: Data Users, Why You Should Get Yourself An Airtel Sim. by Nobody: 11:22am On Jun 28, 2016
Absolutely jargonlistic, Don't ask me why.

1 Like

Re: Data Users, Why You Should Get Yourself An Airtel Sim. by tempem: 11:58am On Jun 28, 2016
indigene:
Absolutely jargonlistic, Don't ask me why.

Exactly!! cheesy wink
Re: Data Users, Why You Should Get Yourself An Airtel Sim. by mukhcech(m): 12:39pm On Jun 28, 2016
somehowpenis:

[size=15pt]False information[/size]
Re: Data Users, Why You Should Get Yourself An Airtel Sim. by mukhcech(m): 12:43pm On Jun 28, 2016
joseph214:

Re: Data Users, Why You Should Get Yourself An Airtel Sim. by csc2(m): 12:45pm On Jun 28, 2016
tempem:

Yes bro... Why did you ask? cheesy

Cause of the video you are downloading... JW broadcasting I guess grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Data Users, Why You Should Get Yourself An Airtel Sim. by mukhcech(m): 12:48pm On Jun 28, 2016
tempem:

Now consider these:

[s]*Note: A poster here just told me this, even if you subscribe for the Night plan, your H&H+ will not come up.. Until the weekly plan is being exhausted.. So, you can always sub for the night plan as soon as the first two weeks run out[/s]..

OP made a very useful and inntelligent post. We wey get sense dey Enjoy the airtel o. So overall, nice post except for the last statement which is false and op's small fonts and color.
Re: Data Users, Why You Should Get Yourself An Airtel Sim. by paulabdeel(m): 1:30pm On Jun 28, 2016
mukhcech:

You are wrong, the 2G holds your network hostage. After three nights of trying, I had park my SIM card and wait for the subscription to expire. If not for the night browsing, I would never touch an Airtel SIM card again.
Re: Data Users, Why You Should Get Yourself An Airtel Sim. by paulabdeel(m): 1:31pm On Jun 28, 2016
mukhcech:

You are wrong, the 2G holds your network hostage. After three nights of trying, I had to park that my SIM card to wait for the subscription to expire. If not for the night browsing, I would never touch an Airtel SIM card again.
Re: Data Users, Why You Should Get Yourself An Airtel Sim. by sheddy03: 1:52pm On Jun 28, 2016
I can only have airtel network when am out of my house and on d streets, I don't get airtel network in my house. so sad.
Re: Data Users, Why You Should Get Yourself An Airtel Sim. by tempem: 2:10pm On Jun 28, 2016
mukhcech:

OP made a very useful and inntelligent post. We wey get sense dey Enjoy the airtel o. So overall, nice post except for the last statement which is false and op's small fonts and color.

Bro, thanks... But you hehe!! Lol.. grin...
I think the problem was that I never tried what he said out . .

(1) (2) (Reply)

Download Mobile Application Anykind / Airtel: 0.1k Per MB, Is This Real? / TSTV Decoder Channels, Price, And Full Packages

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.