Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,289 members, 7,807,980 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:04 AM

Buratai Bought Second Dubai Property Days After Appointment - Sahara Reporters - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buratai Bought Second Dubai Property Days After Appointment - Sahara Reporters (38918 Views)

"Buratai's Dubai Property": Army Reacts To Sahara Reporters Allegation / Buratai And His Wives Own Dubai Property - Sahara Reporters / Wike Sacks Kelvin Wachuku As Commissioner 6 Months After Appointment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buratai Bought Second Dubai Property Days After Appointment - Sahara Reporters by Progressive01(m): 9:52am On Jun 28, 2016
MadamExcellency:

I know many APC apologists do this, example below.

..and you found it convenient showing us just one out of the "MANY" you know. Bravo!! On the other hand, 99.99% of iPod Miscreants "don't take SR seriously" and think "they are being sponsored by APC". They insult Sowore till they kingdom come whenever he dares to say Jonathan or the goats under him ate just a yam seedling. How come we are seeing a different attitude now??

Why don't you people concentrate on your preferred credible sites like thebreakingtimes or savingracereporters or trentonline or igberetv or hopefornigeria?? Are you guys tired of reading great news or what??
Re: Buratai Bought Second Dubai Property Days After Appointment - Sahara Reporters by divineappo(m): 9:54am On Jun 28, 2016
SamuelAnyawu:
Sahara reporters my best online news..

Hove or love them, they are always the best cool cool
u are part of the problem of dis country. Have u ever advocated or sponsored bills that will benefit those who voted for you? but u support ur corrupt senators to amend laws to favour your personal interest. If i catch you! It will be jungle justice for you. Watch your back
Re: Buratai Bought Second Dubai Property Days After Appointment - Sahara Reporters by Aspireahead(m): 9:55am On Jun 28, 2016
egbonnla:
Even if Buratai saved all his salaries in the past ten years he cannot afford to pay for the mansions unless he had other source of income. How much does a general earns legitimately in a year? I expect Buratai to keep the Army out of this and let him provide evidence of his other source of income that made it possible for him to afford the mansions. Though PMB fight on corruption is obviously one sided, I am begining to enjoy the comedies of errors it will bring. Nigerians are not fools. Do you notice the growing aparthy of Nigerians towards the fight against corruption? The real corruption is when you prosecute only those who did not support you leaving alone your supporters who are fantastically corrupted. I think PMB is losing this fight against corruption!

Ogbeni...can you point out where I defended corruption in my post? I still Buratai and his 2 wives can afford 23million naira, especially if he served on UN Peace keeping missions.....but...but..the guy still stole...if he actually served as the Director of Procurement in the last regime. what am saying is the guy is a criminal...but he can still afford that house.
Re: Buratai Bought Second Dubai Property Days After Appointment - Sahara Reporters by linohlex: 9:58am On Jun 28, 2016
nobody is A saint
Re: Buratai Bought Second Dubai Property Days After Appointment - Sahara Reporters by Fyno: 10:04am On Jun 28, 2016
omolola15:
I fear Sahara reporters oooooo. If dem get your time your own don done. It's better you keep quiet instead of arguing with them. Some wailers will believe this story because it's against the president yet they'll call SR nonsense source if the news is about saraki or fayose.

As for me i believe anything from Sahara. I'm sure mrgovtari will be disappointed in buratai right now.
The problem with your likes is that you refuse to understand that you are been scammed by Buhari and the APC in the name of fighting corruption.

Buhari lacks the capacity to fight corruption in the present world using 1984 methods that's why I still tell people that the level of corruption in his govt might be greater that of Abacha or how can a man without a certificate hire a dosen of SANs to defend him, in civilized countries will he ever try contest a LG election talk more of presidential election.this alone disqualified him on moral grounds to vie for the president of this Zoo called Nigeria.
If a president can forge a certificate, tell me if its money he can't steal, so pls don't tell me Buhari must be disappointed in Buratai because they knew before they came to power,Buratai was one of the agents of destabilization in Gejs govt, he and many others from the NE was used by the northern cabal to make sure many of you see Gej as ineffective,now they are power you see they are all criminals and career politicians

1 Like

Re: Buratai Bought Second Dubai Property Days After Appointment - Sahara Reporters by Yahami(m): 10:07am On Jun 28, 2016
Is Sahara crew catch you live you are finish... Neither you forfith the property or they destroy your reputation as you brag. Buratayi why do you against them in first place!!!
Re: Buratai Bought Second Dubai Property Days After Appointment - Sahara Reporters by Nobody: 10:21am On Jun 28, 2016
Just watching as the story unfolds. Fingers crossed.

Re: Buratai Bought Second Dubai Property Days After Appointment - Sahara Reporters by Bimpe29: 10:22am On Jun 28, 2016
Hmn! I am disturbed with the extent corruption and insincerity have manifested in our leaders. Living good and large with our common wealth. Bufatai came with "Operation Lafia Dole" but have failed to ensure Lafia/motivation/peaceful working conditions for his constituency.
Let law take its full course on Buratai. Buhari should think of how to cover his ass after his administration.
Majority of his appointee are falling prey.
Re: Buratai Bought Second Dubai Property Days After Appointment - Sahara Reporters by Izonpikin: 10:24am On Jun 28, 2016
We those people wey come defend burutai like say tomorrow no dey..I have said it before that no politician or past leader is worth vouching for...They are all living for their personal gains..

undecided
Re: Buratai Bought Second Dubai Property Days After Appointment - Sahara Reporters by MadamExcellency: 10:32am On Jun 28, 2016
Progressive01:
..and you found it convenient showing us just one out of the "MANY" you know. Bravo!! On the other hand, 99.99% of iPod Miscreants "don't take SR seriously" and think "they are being sponsored by APC". They insult Sowore till they kingdom come whenever he dares to say Jonathan or the goats under him ate just a yam seedling. How come we are seeing a different attitude now??

Why don't you people concentrate on your preferred credible sites like thebreakingtimes or savingracereporters or trentonline or igberetv or hopefornigeria?? Are you guys tired of reading great news or what??

Unfortunately I don't care about "them versus us syndrome" because I discuss politics of ideas, policies and uncommon and necessary transformations required to move the system forward.

I do however interject when I see blatant hypocrisy and double standard in someone's comment by citing his/her previous stance against the current.

1 Like

Re: Buratai Bought Second Dubai Property Days After Appointment - Sahara Reporters by rumaabk(m): 10:33am On Jun 28, 2016
This Sahara shul shut up Gen Burutai is farmer carrier which is allowed by our law.
Re: Buratai Bought Second Dubai Property Days After Appointment - Sahara Reporters by MIMU(m): 10:37am On Jun 28, 2016
Welldone PMB well done Buhari na only in PMB admin u will hear top army officer will be prove, na only in PMB admin media are strong to expose looters sai baba sai buhari
Re: Buratai Bought Second Dubai Property Days After Appointment - Sahara Reporters by wirinet(m): 10:40am On Jun 28, 2016
Corruption fighting back. I am certain this incoherent blabber is from Fayose and his cohorts.
BADNEAT:
General Tukur Yusuf Buratai bought a second choice property in Dubai, the United Arab Emirates, days after his appointment as Nigeria’s Chief of Army Staff (COAS), an investigation by SaharaReporters has revealed. 

I think majority of our youth need to go back to secondary school and retake English Comprehension. Reading this article show no evidence of any property bought by Burutai.

As this news website exclusively revealed last week, General Buratai and his two wives in 2013 paid the sum of 1,498,534.00 AED (N120 million/$419,000) for the first property, Project TFG Marina Hotel Unit 2711. Sale documents indicated that the first property was handed over to the Buratais on January 13, 2013.
That General Buratai and his two wives bought a property valued at N120,000,000 is a vindication of the general's relative modesty in the Nigerian context. Compared to other general in any of the armed forces, this is chicken change. Imagine what general Ihijerika or general minimah and their wives is worth.

On July 13, 2015, President Muhammadu Buhari appointed General Buratai as Chief of Army Staff. Our investigations show that, within 11 days of his appointment, the general was making arrangements for the purchase of a second property from the same company in Dubai. Our investigators obtained evidence that, between July 24 and August 17, 2015, General Buratai paid a total sum of N42.2 million into TFG Sigma 111’s account in Nigeria (Skye Bank 1770380452). 

Evidence exclusively obtained by SaharaReporters reveal that General Buratai made N10 million payments on July 24 and August 7 respectively. Three days later, another N10 million was paid into the real estate firm’s account, The phone number on the Skye Bank teller is 08033349740 Saharareporters investigations shows that it belonged to a Nigerian Army Major Emmanuel G. Adegbola of the Nigerian Army Finance Corps (N/10808).  On August 17, 2015, the Chief of Army Staff paid the sum of N3,270,000 into the account.

Where is the evidence that General Butatai paid money into TGF Sigma's account? What are the details of the said second property?

Our sources within the Army disclosed that the lodgments came from Army funds stolen and diverted by General Buratai. They explained that the diverted monies were taken from funds budgeted for the feeding, medical care and payment of allowances of soldiers fighting the war against Islamist insurgents in Nigeria’s northeast zone.

Proof? This is just wild speculation. Was Buratai directly responsible for soldier's welfare and when was this? Before he became COAS or the one week after being appointed Army chief when he is alleged to have paid for the second property.

Please note that the said first property bought by general Buratai and his two wives is not a multi million dollar luxurious mansion as being promoted by wailers, it is an investment scheme Dubai has been promoting for over a decade. They sell you luxury apartments or hotel rooms of various sizes, they then manage the property on your behalf by renting out the property to holidaying guests. You also have the option of staying in the room/apartment whenever you travel to dubai instead of renting an hotel room. After a period of about 5 years, you are expected to recover back your investment.

From the pictures posted by the OP, I cannot see the mansion and multi million naira farm owned by General Buratai near Abuja.
Re: Buratai Bought Second Dubai Property Days After Appointment - Sahara Reporters by Ofemmanu1: 10:41am On Jun 28, 2016
pippimp:

Your analogy is like using a thief to justify the actions of a fraudster. How can you you use fayose as an example? Nigeria is really fantastically corrupt. From top to bottom.
What is good for the goose is also good for the gander.
APC govt is a double standard govt.
Re: Buratai Bought Second Dubai Property Days After Appointment - Sahara Reporters by Progressive01(m): 10:44am On Jun 28, 2016
MadamExcellency:

Unfortunately I don't care about "them versus us syndrome" because I discuss politics of ideas, policies and uncommon and necessary transformations required to move the system forward.

I do however interject when I see blatant hypocrisy and double standard in someone's comment by citing his/her previous stance against the current.
Unfortunately, that is ALL you care about "them versus us". Your timeline speaks for itself.

Now get the Bleep out of my face.
Re: Buratai Bought Second Dubai Property Days After Appointment - Sahara Reporters by Ofemmanu1: 10:45am On Jun 28, 2016
goodlifehyd:
And your zombified brain will still abuse sahara reporters when they publish something against ur blinded mind
You no dey look face?
You dey craze?!
Re: Buratai Bought Second Dubai Property Days After Appointment - Sahara Reporters by BlackBaron: 10:50am On Jun 28, 2016
Seems Buratai is also as corrupt as they come.
The FG's reluctance to probe or least give a comprehensive answer to requests for his probe is sign of a lack of integrity on this Government!

History would judge... And by 2019, I'll be hoping they get kicked out!!
Re: Buratai Bought Second Dubai Property Days After Appointment - Sahara Reporters by osusuallstars: 10:51am On Jun 28, 2016
Buhari Pl DONT let this fight against corruption be viewed as one sided. These cases need to be investigated. Amechi, buruntai, Halliburton, waec certificate less,
Re: Buratai Bought Second Dubai Property Days After Appointment - Sahara Reporters by Nobody: 10:51am On Jun 28, 2016
Progressive01:

Omenka, i am surprised at you... How dare you try to cover up glaring corruption?
I have seen you cover up 3 cases of glaring corruption.. and i am forced to disbelieve where you stand.of totality of corruption mitigation irrespective of persons...
1. Saraki Gate
2. Aisha Haliburton
3. Buhari Waec scandal

Now this ....
Re: Buratai Bought Second Dubai Property Days After Appointment - Sahara Reporters by pippimp(m): 10:51am On Jun 28, 2016
Ofemmanu1:

What is good for the goose is also good for the gander.
APC govt is a double standard govt.

That doesn't mean you should justify it.
Re: Buratai Bought Second Dubai Property Days After Appointment - Sahara Reporters by boyesola: 10:52am On Jun 28, 2016
Then, Buhari should remove this guy.
Re: Buratai Bought Second Dubai Property Days After Appointment - Sahara Reporters by MadamExcellency: 10:55am On Jun 28, 2016
Progressive01:
Unfortunately, that is ALL you care about "them versus us". Your timeline speaks for itself.

Now get the Bleep out of my face.

Accept and understand your inbred characteristics and then stop misleading young Nigerians with you hypocritical mindset and barrage of opinions because the holy book says "there is no peace for the wicked".

Regards
Re: Buratai Bought Second Dubai Property Days After Appointment - Sahara Reporters by Ofemmanu1: 10:55am On Jun 28, 2016
pippimp:

That doesn't mean you should justify it.
Are you a zombie?!
Re: Buratai Bought Second Dubai Property Days After Appointment - Sahara Reporters by JuanDeDios: 10:58am On Jun 28, 2016
Tolexander:
If Sahara Reporters descends on you, there is only one thing involved, you are finished!
Lol. True.
Re: Buratai Bought Second Dubai Property Days After Appointment - Sahara Reporters by wirinet(m): 10:58am On Jun 28, 2016
boyesola:
Then, Buhari should remove this guy.

Remove the guy based on what? Then what happen to the new guy when wailers make another wild allegation against the new guy. If you feel Buratai has committed a crime write a petition to EFCC with proof attached. Don't forget to post a copy on nairaland .
Re: Buratai Bought Second Dubai Property Days After Appointment - Sahara Reporters by ntebong: 11:02am On Jun 28, 2016
Sahara Reporters kindly beam your investigation into Nigeria media houses, many of Nigeria media outfits are cesspool of corruption and a clearing house. Be assure of our support.
Re: Buratai Bought Second Dubai Property Days After Appointment - Sahara Reporters by johnjose68: 11:03am On Jun 28, 2016
facelessangel:
I don't know how Sahara reporters dig out their news. They are the best
s.

They are the best now, right? But when they descend on Ekeweremadu and other IPOD[B?] gods, they will be regarded as tinubu boys...I dey laf in Physic
Re: Buratai Bought Second Dubai Property Days After Appointment - Sahara Reporters by pippimp(m): 11:06am On Jun 28, 2016
Ofemmanu1:

Are you a zombie?!

A zombie is something or someone who takes sides. You do. It don't. When something is bad you don't justify it.
Re: Buratai Bought Second Dubai Property Days After Appointment - Sahara Reporters by omolola15(m): 11:13am On Jun 28, 2016
Fyno:

The problem with your likes is that you refuse to understand that you are been scammed by Buhari and the APC in the name of fighting corruption.

Buhari lacks the capacity to fight corruption in the present world using 1984 methods that's why I still tell people that the level of corruption in his govt might be greater that of Abacha or how can a man without a certificate hire a dosen of SANs to defend him, in civilized countries will he ever try contest a LG election talk more of presidential election.this alone disqualified him on moral grounds to vie for the president of this Zoo called Nigeria.
If a president can forge a certificate, tell me if its money he can't steal, so pls don't tell me Buhari must be disappointed in Buratai because they knew before they came to power,Buratai was one of the agents of destabilization in Gejs govt, he and many others from the NE was used by the northern cabal to make sure many of you see Gej as ineffective,now they are power you see they are all criminals and career politicians

You know your problem as well? You believe everybody worship politicians like you do. Every politician is a thief. So I won't wastey time trying to defend any of them. Including Buhari. At least he's dealing with some corrupt politicians now. So when he leaves office i hope another politicians deal with him if he's corrupt as well as his fellow apc member. Call it witch hunt, I'm glad someone is witching the corrupt ones now. And when another person time comes, they should also witch hunt Buhari and his crew too.

The danger would have been no one doing nothing about it.
Re: Buratai Bought Second Dubai Property Days After Appointment - Sahara Reporters by omolola15(m): 11:14am On Jun 28, 2016
asuustrike2009:

Sahara reporters are biased from immemorial. Don't be surprised that Burutai has some issues with this government that's not made public.

Seriously? What if they are just honestly doing their job? Do you know how many apc members they have done the same thing to?
Re: Buratai Bought Second Dubai Property Days After Appointment - Sahara Reporters by Ofemmanu1: 11:14am On Jun 28, 2016
pippimp:

A zombie is something or someone who takes sides. You do. It don't. When something is bad you don't justify it.
So, where were you hiding eversince the daura govt started it's "operation witch hunting"?!
Re: Buratai Bought Second Dubai Property Days After Appointment - Sahara Reporters by comradeson: 11:20am On Jun 28, 2016
Aspireahead:
I still maintain that the problem with Nigeria is not necessarily the political class, but the herd of suffering followers who defend their opulent lifestyles and sanguinary proclivities.

We Nigerians tend to even forget quickly, maybe because things are tough for us. we have all moved on from the CBN employment scam, FIRS employment scam and believe me...we would have forgotten about this one by next week.
Finally, let Buratai resign and a full fledged investigation be conducted...he is in no way bigger than the other former service chiefs who are standing trial.
I still believe he can afford the house, but I don't believe anyone who served in the last administration as director of procurement in a corruption ridden institution like the Nigerian Army is clean.

As for the army, allow Butatai and his family to respond...you are in no way privy to all of his finances

You r a correct guy with too much sense.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Rivers High Court Bombed And Set Ablaze / Goodluck Jonathan Monitoring Election In South Africa (Photos) / Senators Walk Out On Hamid Ali, Customs Boss During A Meeting (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.