Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,506 members, 7,801,329 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:51 PM

We Are The Reason Our Leaders Fail -ojochenemi Abraham - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Are The Reason Our Leaders Fail -ojochenemi Abraham (403 Views)

When You Leave That Position - A Warning To Our Leaders / 7 APC Aspirants Step Down For Segun Abraham In Ondo / Jonathan Is The Reason Some States Cannot Pay Salaries – Oshiomole (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

We Are The Reason Our Leaders Fail -ojochenemi Abraham by lachenzy1(m): 8:39am On Jun 28, 2016
Synergy I know is an act of joining hands to achieve a set of positive goals, but Synergy in Nigerians especially amongst the mediocre is joining hands to achieve goals that either cripple, hack or murder the progress of this great nation. No leader ever want to to fail!!! Am sure, but most failure comes from the followers lack of cooperation towards the set goals.
Nigeria as a case study has faced series of challenges boiled up by our lack of cooperation, challenges which if in any way faced by any other Sub-Saharan leaders will paralyse or maybe completely doom the nation. Nigeria is undoubtedly a great nation with noble men, but handicapped due to the level of Corruption, Crime, Nepotism and Injustice which has become part and parcel of our daily dealings. I am not taking side here, but my views about Nigeria's inability to move to the next level is still standing on the ground that we the citizens decreases our leader's chances of service and deliverance. In same vein, we the citizens are so self centred and most don't even know what they want at all. 
        Great minds like Scott E. Page have written extensively about the powers in diversity and the strength in Unity, but today what we see in Nigerians is the opposite. Others even subject themselves to a narrow ways of thinking to saying "it's impossible for our diversity to move us ahead". Maybe some still thinks Kwame Nkuruma- the greatest Ghanian leader ever was off-mind when he proposed the coalition of the Nations in west Africa to form the UNITED STATES of AFRICA. I think he thought from the mind of a man who saw -the powers in diversity. 
America we praise today as world power walked through the shackles of diversity, racism and sacrifice to be where she is today.  We want the nation to grow but we kill her tentacles, we destroy the rich nutrient needed for her growth. (imagine removing a yam stem from its stalk-tell me how it will produce well? Yam has long stems but hate to crawl- food for thought). Check Nigeria today, from the North-East we know what we're facing, from the South-South we know, so also from the South-East.
I don't want to say Former President. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan was so stupid to celebrate the then Biafra agitator ChukwuEmeka Edumegu Ojukwu; this is not Bible story so we can't call him-the prodigal son, neither to me is he a hero of any kind. Imagine celebrating a selfish Nigerian who perpetrated Chaos, Hunger/Starvation, Violence of all kinds in our Virgin Nation devoid of catastrophe for 30 calender months Am not thanking Philip Effiong today for the fearless surrender but still on my ground that Ojukwu remains a Coward- simply because he bit more than he could chew. And today people like Nnamdi Kanu thinks they could walk in Ojukwu's shoes landing him in a sorry state in Kuje Prison. Am sorry; keep the Prison wall for your draft maybe Nigeria begets the next Micheal Scoffield- I wonder why himself and Henry Okah could not escape with the other two inmates on the 24th of June 2016.
I must confess; ProBiafran agitation is weighing a part of the country down but can one boldly suggest a cease fire? Igbo leaders check the statistics Nnamdi Kanu was not born between 1966 and 1969, who maybe was not bore as at then;  but try to deceive you elders just because he read books about the war and the illicit reasons for which were selfish. President Muhammadu Buhari's greatest mistake in office will be him not jailing Nnamdi Kanu, I call his agitation treason and felony.
       I've always refuse to call the South-Southerner and the South-Easterner brothers though operating in the same vein.  Vandalising our pipelines once again after agreeing to a deal with Late. President Umar Musa Yar'adua sounds like poking the bear once more, maybe they are thinking it's the right time to strike but my questions are!!! Is it because Goodluck Ebele Jonathan could not succeed for the second term in the 2015 presidential pool? Is it because President Muhammadu Buhari has bridged the memorandum of Understanding signed since 2008? Why are you proposing a referendum, is this UK? Who told you we want to break apart? Or you just purposely want Buhari to fail? Vandalism once more makes me feel the Niger Delta Avengers are diving too deep into a pot of red hot pot of frying oil, because "you are breaking the pot that feeds us all", as a popular saying goes; -you don't kill toads into the water you drink from. Tell me who stands to loose on the long run?  I don't think any reasonable Nigerian will be in support of the Anengers because the fight is selfish and illicit. 
13% derivation, Scholarship schemes, free education, well paid jobs and monthly stipend for not being able to farm on your lands, what other form of subsidy do you want to enjoy from the federal government? Point out who enjoys same benefits as such they do. The Avengers are just being mislead by greed and insolent bastards who connived to make good use of them in achieving their aims. 
         Kudos to the brave men in the North-East facing the hard times, sacrificing for our nation to stand tall against the Terrorist group identified as the Boko Haram, what a writer like me and possibly you reading this pieces cannot do, I pray all day for you, your blood shall not spill. Who told you the terrorists are not insiders? They could be amongst us, in our homes, workplace and possibly in the public sector- I call the Wolves in Sheep garment,  just wanting our leaders to fail, and letting Nigerians cast blames on them, the leaders have lots to worry about yet thinking about terrorism-what a wicked world.  I wish a member of these groups am writing about lay hand on this piece to digest something. 
        We are the reasons our leaders fail why because we put selfishness first and we always want the government to satisfy us all, today it's your turn tomorrow you still want more from the government, I still see lots of lacuna in our minds about the leaders and how they should serve us, today you see the south praising the government tomorrow you see the North wanting to get more, and expect the East to yell for what they want too.
I advice President Muhammadu Buhari to treat the ProBiafra agitators, Niger Delta Avengers and the Fullani Herdsmen as terrorists, they should because anybody or force attacking civilians and destroying a country's riches should be declared as terrorists.
I also try to preach understanding and cooperation amongst people, wishing they could just understand what it means to be a leader, leaders are humane born by a woman, prone to mistakes and the wise once always try to learn from their predecessors. Let join hands to put selflessness over selfishness.
By
Abraham, Ojochenemi
Ojochenemi is a publisher of inspirational articles on the internet. A trained Geologist dedicated to search for life's meaning.

Source:
http://kissandtellafrica..co.ke/2016/06/we-are-reason-our-leaders-fail-abraham.html?m=1

(1) (Reply)

Bubu Swag / Ex-adamawa Acting Gov, Fintiri, Gets N500m Bail / Ag. IG Of Police With Governor Okowa Of Delta State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.