Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,346 members, 7,780,929 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 05:42 AM

Buhari Has Declared War On Us And We Must Fight Back – Ekweremadu Cries Out - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Has Declared War On Us And We Must Fight Back – Ekweremadu Cries Out (750 Views)

El-Rufai Orders Arrest Of Northern Youths That Declared War On Igbos / Nigeria Is Holding Igbos Back- Ekweremadu / The Questions Ekweremadu, Saraki, Melaye Asked Magu Before Rejecting Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Has Declared War On Us And We Must Fight Back – Ekweremadu Cries Out by neolboy(m): 9:44am On Jun 28, 2016
Deputy President of the Senate, Ike Ekweremadu has accused the presidency of declaring war on the country’s legislature.

In a statement he personally signed, he said the country’s democracy, which clearly stipulated the separation of powers, was being threatened by the executive arm of government.

He claimed innocence of the crime for which he was being prosecuted, describing it as “grotesque display of vindictiveness.”

While vowing never to submit “to the untamed wishes and caprices of witch-hunters,” he added: “I put my trust in God, the court, and the overwhelming solidarity of the good people of Nigeria. When the dust settles, Nigerians will see clearly that this charge is nothing but meretricious thrash.

“Time, occasions, and provocations like this will teach their own lessons. I hope that one chief lesson will be that democracy differs markedly from military rule and that public officer should never subvert the foundations of democracy by prioritizing the rule of man over the rule of law.”

source:dailypost.ng/2016/06/28/senate-forgery-scandal-buhari-has-declared-war-on-us-ekweremadu-cries-out/

Re: Buhari Has Declared War On Us And We Must Fight Back – Ekweremadu Cries Out by chriskosherbal(m): 9:48am On Jun 28, 2016
OK oo
Re: Buhari Has Declared War On Us And We Must Fight Back – Ekweremadu Cries Out by isaacputi(m): 10:16am On Jun 28, 2016
Enough of this your pity me strategies from the masses...go and defend yourself, we aren't interested in your case, because we haven't felt your impact in this and previous administration.

(1) (Reply)

Police Confirms Murder Of Oyo House Of Assembly Member, Gideon Aremu / Searching For Hajiya Haliburton / Don’t Islamize Nigeria, Human Rights Group Appeals To President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.