Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,013 members, 7,806,957 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:50 AM

Long Marriage List Given To A Man Who Wants To Marry(photos) - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Long Marriage List Given To A Man Who Wants To Marry(photos) (57523 Views)

Marriage List Of A Community In Akwa Ibom State (Photos) / A Marriage List Given To A Man In Akwa Ibom (Screenshot) / Mbaise Woman's Husband Was Given N800k Marriage List 10 Years Ago (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Long Marriage List Given To A Man Who Wants To Marry(photos) by Fryzi(m): 5:09pm On Jun 28, 2016
Later dey will say it is only igbo people dat are demanding. Buh wait o, is he marrying the whole girls in d village biko nu?
Re: Long Marriage List Given To A Man Who Wants To Marry(photos) by Badgers14: 5:24pm On Jun 28, 2016
Shym3xx:

Lool.

What has love got to do with getting robbed and hustled by poor people who are pim.ping their daughter? When the guy buys the girl now and decides to have dominion over his possession, including smacking her when she gets out of line - I'm sure you're going to join the crowd that would label him abusive. And suddenly have amnesia about how he paid for his property.

And don't give me the culture excuse cos 90% of the items there are western items and they have nothing to do with African culture. A lot of these people are just lazy rogues who pim.p their daughters for food. It's shameful.

Remember, neither the parents nor the lady in question wrote the list.. grin

Usually, if a guy have concerns about the list, he could talk to the potential inlaws... Most times, what happens is that the inlaws tell the guy not to worry about this or that for them... And for the "umunna" i.e " kinsmen" do what your pocket can afford but make sure bride price is one of them, then tell the kinsmen you will come back later, anaghi anucha nwanyi anucha" - they no dey marry woman finish ( for lack of a better translation) grin

Lastly, that you managed to pay those lists or not is NEVER a ground to mistreat someone, because you fufilled the obligation does not make the lady your slave or property angry angry

2 Likes

Re: Long Marriage List Given To A Man Who Wants To Marry(photos) by Jacko01: 5:32pm On Jun 28, 2016
That guy is not ready for marriage

A better person will come for the gal she shld be patient

This guy has not seen list oh walai

He is so cheap

Am a guy..... Dat whole list 300k will cover it

Is it a bad rhing to leave a lastin impression among ur in laws lubbish
Re: Long Marriage List Given To A Man Who Wants To Marry(photos) by frenzydaniel1(m): 5:35pm On Jun 28, 2016
Dem no wan go market for d nxt 32yrs abi?
Re: Long Marriage List Given To A Man Who Wants To Marry(photos) by vicben27(m): 5:35pm On Jun 28, 2016
Any idiot dat try's dis wit me will nt see his daughter n grand children 4 d nxt twenty yrs! Infact i wil impregnate her mak i see wetin go hapen crase pple every wer
Re: Long Marriage List Given To A Man Who Wants To Marry(photos) by Sike(m): 5:48pm On Jun 28, 2016
See as I'm speechless.
Re: Long Marriage List Given To A Man Who Wants To Marry(photos) by Nobody: 5:51pm On Jun 28, 2016
They want to cease the opportunity of the wedding to open a provision store with what I am seeing on that list.
So dowry is paid to fathet and mother? Thats a first for me there.

That guy should not just dump that lady...he should relocate from his current residence, break his sim card and change the colour of his vehicle at the same time. The fiances people are monitoring spirits.
Re: Long Marriage List Given To A Man Who Wants To Marry(photos) by lizzynicole: 6:17pm On Jun 28, 2016
THEM WAN OPEN STORE FOR THE GUY HEAD
Re: Long Marriage List Given To A Man Who Wants To Marry(photos) by Ibidapson(m): 6:26pm On Jun 28, 2016
Ohun oju nwa
Re: Long Marriage List Given To A Man Who Wants To Marry(photos) by deebrain(m): 6:35pm On Jun 28, 2016
See as e be like our budget.

grin
Re: Long Marriage List Given To A Man Who Wants To Marry(photos) by Balooscadido(m): 6:39pm On Jun 28, 2016
kuku kill me now undecided

Meanwhile, You can only find such in South East and South South of Nigeria...
Re: Long Marriage List Given To A Man Who Wants To Marry(photos) by joceey(m): 6:43pm On Jun 28, 2016
ForeverYoung197:

Not that big if this girl is marrying a tycoon's son smiley cheesy

Hmmmmm the family are hungry family Haba 200k, 400k I don't blame some men that don't want there in laws to come to their house after paying this huge list..... sad
Re: Long Marriage List Given To A Man Who Wants To Marry(photos) by mytym(m): 6:54pm On Jun 28, 2016
The #8 items on Mother's List got me curious.

Is it that they are anticipating that their daughter will be neglected or be receiving blows on a regular basis...

Could it have happened that the mother was neglected and received blows on behalf of the daughter while nursing her...

Re: Long Marriage List Given To A Man Who Wants To Marry(photos) by Nobody: 7:10pm On Jun 28, 2016
joanana:

first of all, i will not agree with the list. I will fight them with everything i ve got until i achieve my aim. The price on theit list (dad n mum) must be reduced.

Yes, i will help my hubby eg 60% 40% grin grin grin grin grin besides its our wedding .... not his or mine but our wedding grin

Hehe,
Re: Long Marriage List Given To A Man Who Wants To Marry(photos) by Wizzyblack3(m): 7:26pm On Jun 28, 2016
torqque7:
Mtcheeeeww poverty stricken family,trying to hama from the poor guy..abeg give them back their daughter women are not in short supply..No be only 400k for fathers dowry and 200k for mother..na 1 million each..what a load of crap..like I said poverty stricken family angry
Chai, what if this gal is on Nairaland? You don finish dia family.
Re: Long Marriage List Given To A Man Who Wants To Marry(photos) by layla129(f): 7:41pm On Jun 28, 2016
Haute:
Wow! This is why I like Layla129 's dad.
lmaoo, oh please
Re: Long Marriage List Given To A Man Who Wants To Marry(photos) by Owobobrown(m): 8:04pm On Jun 28, 2016
Jacko01:

He is so cheap

you no see father dowry 400k,mother dowry 200k
Re: Long Marriage List Given To A Man Who Wants To Marry(photos) by Sirpluv: 8:11pm On Jun 28, 2016
NovusHomo:

It's so stewpid, isn't it
Pathetic
Re: Long Marriage List Given To A Man Who Wants To Marry(photos) by torqque7(m): 8:14pm On Jun 28, 2016
Wizzyblack3:

Chai, what if this gal is on Nairaland? You don finish dia family.
d

Lol..but you check am now baba the family wan use the guy start life for themselves..the girl too is to blame because she suppose don see the list before it was handed to the gentleman so she is just as guilty as her parents..

Can you imagine,there is a part that stated ASORTED hot drinks for the dad,even her brothers too have a share on the list so Bros na poverty the cause that kind thing..if the babe is on Nairaland then even better,at least now she knows that her family wants to milk her man dry angry
Re: Long Marriage List Given To A Man Who Wants To Marry(photos) by DivaFiva: 8:18pm On Jun 28, 2016
ShitHead:
After women will claim gender equality...how can you be equal with the one who bought you? You are just an item acquired...
Exactly...the MEN in her family sold her.
Do you really think a woman compiled that list?
Even within the list, you see how the father is entitled to more than the mother of the girl is.
I'm definitely against this exploitation of our tradition and I'm also for gender equality.

1 Like

Re: Long Marriage List Given To A Man Who Wants To Marry(photos) by DivaFiva: 8:21pm On Jun 28, 2016
Jacko01:

He is so cheap

Which Yeye lasting impression?? Na buy the guy they buy her
So no need to impress them with how he treats her after all money has won them over...SMH
Re: Long Marriage List Given To A Man Who Wants To Marry(photos) by Affegott(m): 8:29pm On Jun 28, 2016
No. 21
Re: Long Marriage List Given To A Man Who Wants To Marry(photos) by Wizzyblack3(m): 8:55pm On Jun 28, 2016
torqque7:
d

Lol..but you check am now baba the family wan use the guy start life for themselves..the girl too is to blame because she suppose don see the list before it was handed to the gentleman so she is just as guilty as her parents..

Can you imagine,there is a part that stated ASORTED hot drinks for the dad,even her brothers too have a share on the list so Bros na poverty the cause that kind thing..if the babe is on Nairaland then even better,at least now she knows that her family wants to milk her man dry angry
Lwkmd... That kind family ehn! To say na me, i go just summarize d long list, give them my own version that include a Column which indicate ''If i take your pikin do ritual, its not ur business o''

1 Like

Re: Long Marriage List Given To A Man Who Wants To Marry(photos) by Kakamorufu(m): 9:04pm On Jun 28, 2016
Blossom023:

E nomu e? What part of my post didn't you understand?
iono, press it for google naw
Re: Long Marriage List Given To A Man Who Wants To Marry(photos) by bamirotola: 9:14pm On Jun 28, 2016
Dezolo:
aaah.. No naa. Iszit by force to hug again? undecided

Dnt beg me if I change my mind oo
Re: Long Marriage List Given To A Man Who Wants To Marry(photos) by mrgafari(m): 9:19pm On Jun 28, 2016
myners007:
The list is okay because a woman that is properly bred deserves more than what is contained in the list
I beg to differ. Nothing on that list is for the bride. it's all for her parents and siblings.
Marriage should not be a means to rip off anyone. imagine generator and 10 litres of fuel on the list....
myners007:
The list is okay because a woman that is properly bred deserves more than what is contained in the list
I beg to differ. Nothing on that list is for the bride. it's all for her parents and siblings.
Marriage should not be a means to rip off anyone. imagine generator and 10 litres of fuel on the list
Re: Long Marriage List Given To A Man Who Wants To Marry(photos) by mrgafari(m): 9:32pm On Jun 28, 2016
delishpot:
That list is just official, you could probably discuss your pocket with the inlaws. Many would remove and reduce the cost.
i've been told the same by a friend of mine from owerri.
but still, I can't imagine having to negotiate some of those stuff with my future in-laws.
papa, let's make it I generator and five litres oo. and I can't afford wristwatch and cover shoe.
mama, you will manage 6 brazziere ooo.
I would die of shame before the meeting ends
Re: Long Marriage List Given To A Man Who Wants To Marry(photos) by Louiscutedude(m): 9:47pm On Jun 28, 2016
Chisos
Re: Long Marriage List Given To A Man Who Wants To Marry(photos) by Nobody: 11:31pm On Jun 28, 2016
DivaFiva:

Exactly...the MEN in her family sold her.
Do you really think a woman compiled that list?
Even within the list, you see how the father is entitled to more than the mother of the girl is.
I'm definitely against this exploitation of our tradition and I'm also for gender equality.
Am assuming it has to be because the father was responsible for majority of the bills i guess, to be sincere being a feminist is almost not possible in Africa, can you sincerely say you will shun the bride price traditional and marry like that, am sure you wouldn't you might even cave to yout family.

Am yet to see a proper African Nigerian feminist not our half-assed feminist who decide to switch to and from when it suits them.
Re: Long Marriage List Given To A Man Who Wants To Marry(photos) by Odunharry(m): 12:34am On Jun 29, 2016
ShitHead:
After women will claim gender equality...how can you be equal with the one who bought you? You are just an item acquired...
The only problem i have is why is the bride to be not paying for the guy also??
Are guys raised for free or on credit ??

1 Like

Re: Long Marriage List Given To A Man Who Wants To Marry(photos) by nonix22(m): 1:05am On Jun 29, 2016
Guyman02:
modified!

OWU na bastard and thats why you fled because of ordinary list of items which can be negotiated with in-laws as it is not cast in stone.

Go back there confidently with an elder from your family and negotiate according to what you can afford, thats how its done, dont chicken out easily.
hmmm, negotiate...confidently. Is she some sought of consignment or something??
Na so single and unmarried babes and women go full that village o!
Re: Long Marriage List Given To A Man Who Wants To Marry(photos) by playtheblues(f): 1:58am On Jun 29, 2016
Father's item 29 shows it is Cross Rivers State but I really doubt the genuineness of this list.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Sa'adat Olajumoke Bakare: Missing Person Alert!!! (PHOTOS) / 4 Ladies Lifts Their Dad Up As He Celebrates His 50th Birthday (Photos) / Benue Cousins Insist On Marrying Each Other Despite Stiff Oppositions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.