Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,414 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:38 AM

Top 5 Reasons Computers Crash And Precaution - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Top 5 Reasons Computers Crash And Precaution (17869 Views)

5 Reasons Why You Must Backup Your Computer / How Do I Connect One Printer To Different Computers? / How To Download Youtube Video To Your Computers And Phones (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 5 Reasons Computers Crash And Precaution by tunisbaba(m): 1:06pm On Jun 28, 2016
Computer Crash is the last thing any computer owner want to experience. The list below gives the top 5 reasons computers crash and they are:

5) Bad RAM: Our elementary school teachers already taught us the meaning of RAM and what it does. A bad RAM could slow down the rate of data processing of a computer and as well as makes computers lose their memory suddenly, leading to a blue screen which forcefully shut down the computer. This will later result in a crash Hard Disk or corrupt Operating System.

4) Viruses: Viruses, Worms, Trojan Horses etc are the major malwares that can cause computer crash. Just like the way AIDS, Malaria and Fever would frustrate human and can lead to death; computer viruses could cause alot of damage to your computer and even cause a compter crash.
Viruses can modify computer registry, deleted files and corrupt Operating Systems.

3) Power Surge: In a third world country where power supply is erratic. It can be annoying that you may not get power supply for a week; only for the power to damage your PC when it is eventually supplied due to power surge.

2) Overheating: I gave OverHeating the second position on the list because I see it as one of the major reasons for computer crash.
Computer parts are mainly made of metal and plastics. The metal part usually a copper conducts alot of heat. If the heat is not regulated, it can make the processor to forcefully shutdown during operation, leading to Hard disk damage or even burn the processor.

1) Dust: Yes! dust is the number one on the list. Dust got this position because I found out that this tinny particles in our environment is the greatest culprit causing damage to our computer. The reason being that dust has the ability to penetrate the space inside computer and block the connections between components; leading to partial contact and short-circuit in components.

Precaution: Install a strong Anti-virus and update it regularly. Never accept flash drive from an untrusted clients but you can use a CD instead. Above all, do a full scan of your PC atleast once in a month.

3) Power Surge: In a third world country where power supply is erratic. It can be annoying that you may not get power supply for a week; only for the power to damage your PC when it is eventually supplied due to power surge.

Precaution: Never plug your computer in wait for power to be supplied. Power supply after a long outage can surge above the regular voltage required by your Personal Computer. If you use a desktop, using an inverter is recommended.

2) OverHeating: I gave OverHeating the second position on the list because I see it as one of the major reasons for computer crash.

Computer parts are mainly made of metal and plastics. The metal part usually a copper conducts alot of heat. If the heat is not regulated, it can make the processor to forcefully shutdown during operation, leading to Hard disk damage or even burn the processor.

Precaution: Always operate your computer in a cool environment. Shut down when you discover the heat from the underside of the computer is much. This allows the processor to cool down.

You can also check to see if the internal fan in your computer is working effectively.

1) Dust: Yes! dust is the number one on the list. Dust got this position because I found out that this tinny particles in our environment is the greatest culprit causing damage to our computer. The reason being that dust has the ability to penetrate the space inside computer and block the connections between components; leading to partial contact and short-circuit in components.

Precaution: Always keep your computer away from dust and take your computer (especially a laptop) to an engineer for servicing if you hear any irregular noise inside your computer or you see something like dust or smoke oozing out from the fin side (fan area) of the computer.

Since you now know the reasons for computers crash. Ignorance is no more an excuse for being a victim of a crash computer. Have a nice weekend and please comment below if you have any question.

Culled from http://howtotechnaija.com/top-5-reasons-computers-crash/

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Top 5 Reasons Computers Crash And Precaution by royaldok: 3:38pm On Jun 28, 2016
Thanks for this wonderful piece of information. My PC goes blank with a blue screen on display, will take it seriously now.

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Reasons Computers Crash And Precaution by davibid: 3:38pm On Jun 28, 2016
Ok

10 Likes

Re: Top 5 Reasons Computers Crash And Precaution by Bryan12(m): 3:38pm On Jun 28, 2016
Missing windows files due to improper shutdown

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top 5 Reasons Computers Crash And Precaution by bokohaman: 3:38pm On Jun 28, 2016
educative
Re: Top 5 Reasons Computers Crash And Precaution by davibid: 3:39pm On Jun 28, 2016
Re: Top 5 Reasons Computers Crash And Precaution by olusd(m): 3:40pm On Jun 28, 2016
What is now the remedy pls?
Re: Top 5 Reasons Computers Crash And Precaution by raphealolami(m): 3:40pm On Jun 28, 2016
force shut down

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Reasons Computers Crash And Precaution by davibid: 3:40pm On Jun 28, 2016
!

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Reasons Computers Crash And Precaution by Josnac(m): 3:41pm On Jun 28, 2016
I'm following.. ain't ready for stories

Every dust. virus, heat and co wey wan near my laptop I command you to go blind...

op say Amen

informative though

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Reasons Computers Crash And Precaution by bigt2(m): 3:41pm On Jun 28, 2016
Shock.
This can pull out a Blue Screen of Death on most laptops. And desktops too smiley

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Reasons Computers Crash And Precaution by biggiyke(m): 3:42pm On Jun 28, 2016
pictures of a computer crash landing
Re: Top 5 Reasons Computers Crash And Precaution by cardoctor(m): 3:45pm On Jun 28, 2016
Accumulation of dust in the cooling fan intake duct almost packed up my expensive laptop.
Re: Top 5 Reasons Computers Crash And Precaution by Nobody: 3:50pm On Jun 28, 2016
biggiyke:
pictures of a computer crash landing

or what? grin
Re: Top 5 Reasons Computers Crash And Precaution by dimssy(m): 3:54pm On Jun 28, 2016
You didnt give the precautions. Nice one.
Re: Top 5 Reasons Computers Crash And Precaution by demzey(m): 3:59pm On Jun 28, 2016
Las 2 week my HP Compaq a900 fell Frm my bag on d road jus afta 3 days of buying it, it wasn't funny at all, it wud switch on den display d Blue Screen Of Death ...my windows got corrupted, my hard disk, got damaged, motherboard got affected, mouse track pad started behaving alienish, i was so sober, bt its all OK now for my project. Tanks to Yahweh.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 5 Reasons Computers Crash And Precaution by nepapole(m): 4:06pm On Jun 28, 2016
demzey:
Las 2 week my HP Compaq a900 fell Frm my bag on d road jus afta 3 days of buying it, it wasn't funny at all, it wud switch on den display d Blue Screen Of Death ...my windows got corrupted, my hard disk, got damaged, motherboard got affected, mouse track pad started behaving alienish, i was so sober, bt its all OK now for my project. Tanks to Yahweh.
Where Yahweh shop for computer village make I go repair my own too.

4 Likes

Re: Top 5 Reasons Computers Crash And Precaution by hopara1(m): 4:15pm On Jun 28, 2016
Good to read.
Re: Top 5 Reasons Computers Crash And Precaution by stallion2: 4:17pm On Jun 28, 2016
tunisbaba:

Culled from http://howtotechnaija.com/top-5-reasons-computers-crash/
good one, but dust cannot be the primary cause of short circuit in an electrical system.
Re: Top 5 Reasons Computers Crash And Precaution by mikaelzX(m): 4:23pm On Jun 28, 2016
Also Factory faults like improper hardware inspection, OS bugs...
Re: Top 5 Reasons Computers Crash And Precaution by showreals(m): 4:31pm On Jun 28, 2016
Moist
Re: Top 5 Reasons Computers Crash And Precaution by wisdompraise(m): 4:39pm On Jun 28, 2016
Thanks for this wonderful info.
I use to hear funny sound in my laptop and once it's start, before you know it will shut down.
Re: Top 5 Reasons Computers Crash And Precaution by Babs24: 4:56pm On Jun 28, 2016
Informative.

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Reasons Computers Crash And Precaution by beesyb(f): 4:57pm On Jun 28, 2016
Thanks a bunch

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Reasons Computers Crash And Precaution by realtemi(m): 5:00pm On Jun 28, 2016
Tunniblis I sight u. d computer guru of our time. ride on bro

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Reasons Computers Crash And Precaution by UuzbaGuuzba: 5:08pm On Jun 28, 2016
The Solutions:

5. For Bad Ram: Buy Good RAM. How do you know good RAM? You don't know Good RAM. You CANNOT know Good RAM. No solution. PC Will crash. Then run and change the RAM

4. Viruses: Just stop using USB flash from anybody

3. Power Surge: Use UPS to connect to the PC. If there's a power surge, the UPS will blow and not your PC.

2. Overheating: have a fan nearby. To blow on the PC/laptop

1. Dust: Buy a can of compressed air. Open your PC/Laptop and blow the air to clear the dust. In the absence of doing this, dust will never clear from Africa. PC will crash. No solution.

2 Likes

Re: Top 5 Reasons Computers Crash And Precaution by Nobody: 5:09pm On Jun 28, 2016
Most of what you wrote there are wrong.
Re: Top 5 Reasons Computers Crash And Precaution by pointstores(m): 5:19pm On Jun 28, 2016
great
Re: Top 5 Reasons Computers Crash And Precaution by professore(m): 5:20pm On Jun 28, 2016
This is educative
Re: Top 5 Reasons Computers Crash And Precaution by 0955eb027(m): 5:29pm On Jun 28, 2016
Just realized its been a while i blew dust out of my system. Its d first tin ama do tmao.
Re: Top 5 Reasons Computers Crash And Precaution by Nobody: 5:34pm On Jun 28, 2016
Great post, thanks. A deviation from the usual stuffs.
Re: Top 5 Reasons Computers Crash And Precaution by chachazzy(m): 5:37pm On Jun 28, 2016
Pls Oga Op, do all laptops need antivirus? My friend said his Lenovo G50-30 does not need antivirus, even his mac. Pls educate me on these.

(1) (2) (Reply)

HP Elitebook 840 G1 Intel Corei5 500gb 4gb RAM / Laptop Fan Sounds Like Grinding Machine / MTN 3G Vs Glo: For Internet Access

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.