Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,167 members, 7,807,543 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:03 PM

Ikpeazu Inspects Reconstruction Of Aba-Owerri Road In Abia State. PICS - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ikpeazu Inspects Reconstruction Of Aba-Owerri Road In Abia State. PICS (22624 Views)

Governor Okezie Ikpeazu Inspects Construction Of Faulks Road Aba(photos) / Ikpeazu Inspects Road Constructions In Aba(photos) / The Inner Streets Of Aba Are Becoming Relatively Neater_pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ikpeazu Inspects Reconstruction Of Aba-Owerri Road In Abia State. PICS by wheredemdey: 5:09pm On Jun 28, 2016
nwadiuko1:
stop making noise and tell me how taxes are deducted (for civil servants)

Nwoke m...i want u to mess up yourself by yourself before I bury you.

You come here forming chartered accountant even when nobody asked u...when some people here are CFA qualified and advanced IFRS certification recipients.....you dey boast with ICAN.

Enyia pls answer me...so weekends are included when calculating individual tax

Pls am waiting

1 Like

Re: Ikpeazu Inspects Reconstruction Of Aba-Owerri Road In Abia State. PICS by princestars(m): 5:10pm On Jun 28, 2016
Politicians ehhhh....they will start forming ACTIVE, when they have a case on their head....seeking support of jobless and poor Nigerians
Re: Ikpeazu Inspects Reconstruction Of Aba-Owerri Road In Abia State. PICS by MyX1: 5:14pm On Jun 28, 2016
Yes
Re: Ikpeazu Inspects Reconstruction Of Aba-Owerri Road In Abia State. PICS by glacswhite: 5:19pm On Jun 28, 2016
MyX1:
Dr Ikpeazu has no business with how the documents was made or the entries in it & it is laughable to allege as some persons do that he "forged" his tax documents. BIR made statements to say they are responsible for the document & its contents. If Dr. Ikpeazu had prepared the docs himself using a computer or printing press or forged the signature on an otherwise genuine receipt, that would be a different case. When I handled the first case on this issue filed by BARR. F.N. Nwosu at the FHC, Abuja which I got struck out & which is on similar grounds as the one decided today instituted by UCHE Ogah, the grounds for the action were as follows (BRIEFLY because it is impossible to fully discuss the facts on this sort of forum):
1. That the serial numbers on the tax receipts were dodgy because the three years were written in the same document one after the other; this is however to no issue. Dr. Ikpeazu was a PAYEE; receipts for Payees are only issued when requested & so the years demanded will be written in the same booklet one after the other & so the question of how separate years were written in the same booklet does not arise;
2. Every tax year by convention ALL OVER THE WORLD ends on 31st December. If you ask for your tax receipt for 2015 today, it will be dated 31st Dec. 2015; if you asked to be assessed for 2016 & you pay it today in June, it will still be dated 31st December 2016 & that does not amount to forgery or false statement.
3. That 31st December of a particular year happens to fall on a Saturday or Sunday which is a non-working day does not make the tax receipt a forgery, etc
4. It was non-issues and others such as the following that was litigated. When we get a copy of the judgement we will address it in full.
5. For now it is enough to draw the attention of the public to the provisions allegedly breached by Dr. Ikpeazu which is S. 31(5) of the Electoral Act: "Any person who has reasonable grounds to believe that any information GIVEN BY A CANDIDATE in the affidavit or any document submitted by that candidate is false may file a suit....." Clearly for this provision to be breached, the Candidate must have given the information alleged to be false. Dr. Ikpeazu gave none of the information contained in the tax receipts or certificate. ALL HE DID was write to BIR to issue him his tax papers. BIR on their own collected the info, did their assessment, issued the tax papers & signed it.

Thank you Honorable.....
Who Ever that read all u wrote and still have doubts should be sent back to Primary school.....
U just make it 100% Clear...
Okezie has no Much case...
But I thought that unlike Ameachi that the Constitution has been Amended?

2 Likes

Re: Ikpeazu Inspects Reconstruction Of Aba-Owerri Road In Abia State. PICS by mifavour(f): 5:21pm On Jun 28, 2016
wacoj:
Where is Mifavour or what is that her name that was asking me for the roads this able governor has done?
You haters should come and see o.

Una yeye past governors from Bende and Umuahia finished our treasury for 16 good years when the allocation was booming. cry cry
Now you want us to entrust this state to another man from same region (Isikwuato) in the name of Ogah. GOD FORBID!

Okezie Ikpeazu till 2023. Wailers can go hug transformer while Ogah should go look bush. grin grin grin

first I'm not an Abian so behave yourself
second prove that Okezie Ikpeazu has done anything reasonable..
Don't come here and talk anyhow...
Now you maybe one of these Ngwa people that don't live in Aba but you're talking based on what people said...

As much as I don't care who rules Abia state... I also don't wish for Okezie to be there cos he's not working... if you don't live in Aba then be careful what you say

1 Like

Re: Ikpeazu Inspects Reconstruction Of Aba-Owerri Road In Abia State. PICS by bemnickenzie: 5:27pm On Jun 28, 2016
I love it whenever they drag Ikpeazu to court, you will see a lot of road constructions only to be abandoned after court cases. Even if he survives this case, I also want another person to rise and sue him to court. Court cases makes the man construct road. PROPAGANDA.

1 Like

Re: Ikpeazu Inspects Reconstruction Of Aba-Owerri Road In Abia State. PICS by nwadiuko1(m): 5:30pm On Jun 28, 2016
wheredemdey:

Nwoke m...i want u to mess up yourself by yourself before I bury you.

You come here forming chartered accountant even when nobody asked u...when some people here are CFA qualified and advanced IFRS certification recipients.....you dey boast with ICAN.

Enyia pls answer me...so weekends are included when calculating individual tax

Pls am waiting
I wonder what your point is.....even businessmen and organisations who use e-channels pay their taxes EVERY day of the week, so I wonder why you are blabbing........talking about qualifications.......hmmmm bro it will take you some time to reach where I am currently so don't compare..........tell me how taxes are deducted (for civil servants) if not at the source am waiting
Re: Ikpeazu Inspects Reconstruction Of Aba-Owerri Road In Abia State. PICS by wheredemdey: 5:38pm On Jun 28, 2016
nwadiuko1:
I wonder what your point is.....even businessmen and organisations who use e-channels pay their taxes EVERY day of the week, so I wonder why you are blabbing........talking about qualifications.......hmmmm bro it will take you some time to reach where I am currently so don't compare..........tell me how taxes are deducted (for civil servants) if not at the source am waiting

Bro chartered accountant...this is not a diick measuring exercise....whatever u hv or hv achieved is for you and your family's good....its not ma business Nwanne.

The bone of contention is what we are discussing.....kindly answer me since u r so well read that you can challenge ur chi

Is a civil servant's tax in a month calculated on a 30days make one month basis or on 22 working day basis??

Biko answer me nwadiuko the chartered accountant

1 Like

Re: Ikpeazu Inspects Reconstruction Of Aba-Owerri Road In Abia State. PICS by nwadiuko1(m): 5:45pm On Jun 28, 2016
wheredemdey:

Bro chartered accountant...this is not a diick measuring exercise....whatever u hv or hv achieved is for you and your family's good....its not ma business Nwanne.

The bone of contention is what we are discussing.....kindly answer me since u r so well read that you can challenge ur chi

Is a civil servant's tax in a month calculated on a 30days make one month basis or on 22 working day basis??

I don't indulge fools so this is the last time I will answer you............can monetary transactions that relates to taxes which are not Cash based be made on a weekend or not? maybe you should as well ask your chi the silly questions since you have refused to learn!.......

1 Like

Re: Ikpeazu Inspects Reconstruction Of Aba-Owerri Road In Abia State. PICS by ychris: 6:06pm On Jun 28, 2016
orobs93:
Lol
Useless judiciary
Who obey laws in dis country
i tire o my brother....
no be dat judiciary go giv persn bail nd still d victim would still br remanded....
yeye rulling
Re: Ikpeazu Inspects Reconstruction Of Aba-Owerri Road In Abia State. PICS by MadamExcellency: 6:12pm On Jun 28, 2016
wheredemdey:

What are you trying to prove? Personal Income Tax is total income of the civil servant based on the information he/she provided in tax returns sheet which includes his wages plus any other extra income from rent, sales of produce from agriculture, money from contracts executed etc hence the issue of 22 days doesn't arise. It is not limited to annual wage.

1 Like

Re: Ikpeazu Inspects Reconstruction Of Aba-Owerri Road In Abia State. PICS by eagleeye2: 7:07pm On Jun 28, 2016
nwadiuko1:
if you don't know that civil servants have their taxes deducted @ source then.
Sorry to interrupt your argument. Dr Ikpeazu, as ASEPA deputy boss (or boss) was not a Civil servant and his tax couldn't have been deducted at source, I believe this to be the case.
Re: Ikpeazu Inspects Reconstruction Of Aba-Owerri Road In Abia State. PICS by nwadiuko1(m): 7:08pm On Jun 28, 2016
MadamExcellency:

What are you trying to prove? Personal Income Tax is total income of the civil servant based on the information he/she provided in tax returns sheet which includes his wages plus any other extra income from rent, sales of agricultural products, money from contracts executed etc hence the issue of 22 days doesn't arise. It is not limited to annual wage.
sister Allow him to disgrace himself
Re: Ikpeazu Inspects Reconstruction Of Aba-Owerri Road In Abia State. PICS by nwadiuko1(m): 7:11pm On Jun 28, 2016
eagleeye2:

Sorry to interrupt your argument. Dr Ikpeazu, as ASEPA deputy boss (or boss) was not a Civil servant. Thank you and his tax couldn't have been deducted at source, I believe this to be the case.
sir if he was not a civil servant under Abia state environmental protection agency (aba zone) what was he a military servant? business man?, please tell me, I might learn one or two

1 Like

Re: Ikpeazu Inspects Reconstruction Of Aba-Owerri Road In Abia State. PICS by eagleeye2: 7:14pm On Jun 28, 2016
nwadiuko1:
sir if he was not a civil servant under Abia state environmental protection agency (aba zone) what was he a military servant? business man?, please tell me, I might learn one or two
I believe he was a public servant, just like a Commissioner. Thank you.
Modified.
If Dr Ikpeazu was a Civil servant as you have claimed the issue of non payment of tax won't even have come up in the first place. Because as you rightly stated, it will be deducted at source.
All he would have done is to petition the relevant ministry or organization to provide his tax clearance receipts.
Re: Ikpeazu Inspects Reconstruction Of Aba-Owerri Road In Abia State. PICS by Stanbeto: 7:15pm On Jun 28, 2016
Kara gawa nu
Re: Ikpeazu Inspects Reconstruction Of Aba-Owerri Road In Abia State. PICS by nwadiuko1(m): 7:27pm On Jun 28, 2016
eagleeye2:

I believe he was a public servant, just like a Commissioner. Thank you.
I think a commissioner is the head of a department followed maybe by the HOD and then perm second (I stand to be corrected) and ASEPA as it stands is under the ministry of environment...........Asepa staff pay their tax at the source just like any other civil servant ..........and I think ( might be wrong though) PUBLIC servants are people in the military, police airforce, the president, governors etc

1 Like

Re: Ikpeazu Inspects Reconstruction Of Aba-Owerri Road In Abia State. PICS by eagleeye2: 7:33pm On Jun 28, 2016
nwadiuko1:
I think a commissioner is the head of a department followed maybe by the HOD and then perm second (I stand to be corrected) and ASEPA as it stands is under the ministry of environment...........Asepa staff pay their tax at the source just like any other civil servant
A commissioner is the "political" head of the ministry. The Permanent Secretary is the actual career civil servant who heads the ministry. And can last longer on the seat more than any commissioner.
If Dr Ikpeazu was a career Civil servant and not appointed to head the ASEPA, believe me the issue of tax evasion would not have come up.
Please make your findings.
Re: Ikpeazu Inspects Reconstruction Of Aba-Owerri Road In Abia State. PICS by MadamExcellency: 7:34pm On Jun 28, 2016
eagleeye2:

If Dr Ikpeazu was a Civil servant as you have claimed the issue of non payment of tax won't even have come up in the first place. Because as you rightly stated, it will be deducted at source.
All he would have done is to petition the relevant ministry or organization to provide his tax clearance receipts.

Actually that is what Okezie is claiming happened but the suspicion arises from the haste the document was compiled and reproduced coupled with mistakes on the said clearance certificate signifying certain exception to the rules.

Notwithstanding, I believe the document is not Okezie's business to defend rather the onus lies on the issuing State agency to either defend, set aside or disprove.

2 Likes

Re: Ikpeazu Inspects Reconstruction Of Aba-Owerri Road In Abia State. PICS by nwadiuko1(m): 7:38pm On Jun 28, 2016
eagleeye2:

A commissioner is the "political" head of the ministry. The Permanent Secretary is the actual career civil servant who heads the ministry. And can last longer on the seat more than any commissioner.
If Dr Ikpeazu was a career Civil servant and not appointed to head the ASEPA, believe me the issue of tax evasion would not have come up.
Please make your findings.
you are right about "political head" but even ministers and commissioners have their tax deducted @ source.......infact most public and private employers serve as agents to tax authorities..........its only business men who pay their tax by themselves

1 Like

Re: Ikpeazu Inspects Reconstruction Of Aba-Owerri Road In Abia State. PICS by MadamExcellency: 7:39pm On Jun 28, 2016
nwadiuko1:
I think a commissioner is the head of a department followed maybe by the HOD and then perm second (I stand to be corrected) and ASEPA as it stands is under the ministry of environment...........Asepa staff pay their tax at the source just like any other civil servant ..........and I think ( might be wrong though) PUBLIC servants are people in the military, police airforce, the president, governors etc

Political appointees are public servants same with non-government organized public sector workers.

Whether civil or public servant, the rules are the same because a worker is required by law to provide information on all accrue-able income and general liabilities to ascertain whether there should be tax refund on certain expenditures or extra deduction / payment based on PAYE tax formula.
Re: Ikpeazu Inspects Reconstruction Of Aba-Owerri Road In Abia State. PICS by nwadiuko1(m): 7:40pm On Jun 28, 2016
MadamExcellency:

Actually that is what Okezie is claiming happened but the suspicion arises from the haste the document was compiled and reproduced coupled with mistakes on the said clearance certificate signifying certain exception to the rules.

Notwithstanding, I believe the document is not Okezie's business to defend rather the onus lies on the issuing State agency to either defend, set aside or disprove.
bless your soul ma
Re: Ikpeazu Inspects Reconstruction Of Aba-Owerri Road In Abia State. PICS by eagleeye2: 7:44pm On Jun 28, 2016
MadamExcellency:

MadamExcellency,
If I were asked to provide my tax clearance or show evidence of tax payment, all I have to do is to write my ministry and they will search out the relevant document for tax.
There is something that's actually not clear in this case. No lawyer will make the mistake of going to court over tax evasion when it concerns a Career civil servant.
Re: Ikpeazu Inspects Reconstruction Of Aba-Owerri Road In Abia State. PICS by Alvinnado(m): 7:45pm On Jun 28, 2016
Good for ABA,we don suffer wella
Re: Ikpeazu Inspects Reconstruction Of Aba-Owerri Road In Abia State. PICS by just4fun(m): 7:49pm On Jun 28, 2016
Charly68:
Abians should stop blaming their problem on Buhari, they must have offended God somehow ..their past leaders shop their allocations for years now the man that is ready to work for them was asked to go..! How does Buhari offend them in this matter..they must declare days for fasting & prayers for God to reverse their woes.. I pity this Governor but a spiritual mind knows that it is the people that has offended God.

I only wish does rejoicing knows what dis entails. Someone DAT has shown signs of seriousness in developing Aba n now, some idiots just don't want DAT. If u Abians lose did opportunity, then u r d pitiest of all d pitiest on earth!! Always backwards, HABA !!!!

1 Like

Re: Ikpeazu Inspects Reconstruction Of Aba-Owerri Road In Abia State. PICS by eagleeye2: 7:50pm On Jun 28, 2016
nwadiuko1:
you are right about "political head" but even ministers and commissioners have their tax deducted @ source.......infact most public and private employers serve as agents to tax authorities..........its only business men who pay their tax by themselves
My brother, I wouldn't know that, unless I question some past commissioner I know.
But, Ogah and his lawyers wouldn't be in court if they think there was no case. I just feel for Ikpeazu.
Re: Ikpeazu Inspects Reconstruction Of Aba-Owerri Road In Abia State. PICS by MadamExcellency: 7:58pm On Jun 28, 2016
eagleeye2:

MadamExcellency,
If I were asked to provide my tax clearance or show evidence of tax payment, all I have to do is to write my ministry and they will search out the relevant document for tax.
There is something that's actually not clear in this case. No lawyer will make the mistake of going to court over tax evasion when it concerns a Career civil servant.

A Career civil servant with many other sources of income is a probable suspect on tax evasion/fraud.

Remember we are talking about compilation of three years evidence of tax payment required by law for a politician to be qualified to contest elective post.

From every indication, Dr Okezie was never prepared or anticipated for such office hence allowed his tax clearance certificate to accumulate which became cumbersome for Abia State Finance department (Board of Internal Revenue) to deliver within a shortest notification as to allow the Governor's boy a free pass to contest PDP primaries.

1 Like

Re: Ikpeazu Inspects Reconstruction Of Aba-Owerri Road In Abia State. PICS by nwadiuko1(m): 8:03pm On Jun 28, 2016
eagleeye2:

My brother, I wouldn't know that, unless I question some past commissioner I know.
But, Ogah and his lawyers wouldn't be in court if they think there was no case. I just feel for Ikpeazu.
bro do you knw that it is actually a crime now for any government agency, public corporations, institutions, even hotels NOT to deduct their employee's tax from the source? talk more of state agencies like ASPIMAS and ASEPA...okezie ikpeazu tendered a tax clearance certificate from ASBIR....if there is any discrepancy, or irregularity I think the board of internal revenue and okezie's employers will be the ones to explain not Okezie
Re: Ikpeazu Inspects Reconstruction Of Aba-Owerri Road In Abia State. PICS by NaijainTexas: 9:15pm On Jun 28, 2016
eagleeye2:

Actually, do not be fooled, these lawyers WILL allow their clients to go to court even if they feel their case wasn't strong. They will still be getting paid and that's their bread and butter. Look at all the cases that have gone to court in most of our Nigerian states. Lawyers will continue convincing their clients that lose elections to go after the ones that win because they know it's an emotional one and their clients will pay very well for the strong belief they will unseat their opponent. After all, it's still a business. Understand, Ogah doesn't have a strong case at all.

This same Uche Ogah just last week, was arraigned for fraud, forgery and conspiracy, I believe he has bigger fish to fry and what a case of pot calling kettle black

http://pulse.ng/gist/fraud-police-arraigns-oil-firm-president-in-court-for-financial-irregularity-id5164159.html

1 Like

Re: Ikpeazu Inspects Reconstruction Of Aba-Owerri Road In Abia State. PICS by Theoflux(m): 2:55am On Jun 29, 2016
orobs93:
Lol Useless judiciary Who obey laws in dis country
Ahh, I been think am sey court don sack am. Igbos with strongheads... Chai!
Re: Ikpeazu Inspects Reconstruction Of Aba-Owerri Road In Abia State. PICS by ogah042: 5:29am On Jun 29, 2016
For ikpeazu supporters go let him tell u the truth cause he knw that he's going to prison so he's just buying time even his lawyer knows that his client okezie is going cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Independence Day message: Patrick Obahiagbon Celebrates Nigeria At 59th Autarky / #FasholaHatesNorth: Northerners Register Dissatisfaction With Fashola, Minister / Lagos State Bans LAGBUS Buses From Operating In BRT Lane

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.