Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,893 members, 7,802,875 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:37 AM

Manchester United Fan Thread - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (99) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Fan Thread (75005 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by RuuDie(m): 3:02pm On Dec 30, 2009
Eastbay:

We don't agree on a lot,but for once i hold up my hand to concur with you on dat one grin
The less I see of him the better for me and every other united fan,what a waste of space!!!

speak for yourself. . . . i'm happy enough with his contributions however meagre!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by RuuDie(m): 3:08pm On Dec 30, 2009
MrCrackles:

Detractors? grin grin grin

grin grin grin Yeah detractors. . . . listen to NTA news more often and you'll hear a lot of that!  grin grin grin

MrCrackles:

He's gotta hit the back of the net consistently. . . .Double figures a season is not a big ask
He has gotta play more team football - Ball retention & bringing other's into play has been ya'all's weapon but then has he even been spotless @dis?

Good. He does score the odd, spectacular goal every now and then abi but he has to score much more often than he does at the moment, right!?
This, I totally agree - but on the other hand, we don't mind 10-15 goals in the ligue this season from him, wanna know why!? becuz we are not solely dependent on his goals or the goals of any 1 individual for that matter.
If all he does is assist and the goals can come in from all others, that is fine, we'll take it. In that light, it doesn't translate to a waste i any way!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by RuuDie(m): 3:09pm On Dec 30, 2009
presido1:

Waste of space and resources. I even prefer Wellbeck. Kiko or Owen to that puff.

Wonder what you think about hunteelar & luca toni
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Nobody: 3:34pm On Dec 30, 2009
Ruudie,
The topic is about Berbatov,not Luca Toni or huntelaar.
We've mentioned those players previously.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Sauron1: 3:57pm On Dec 30, 2009
RuuDie:

grin grin grin Yeah detractors. . . . listen to NTA news more often and you'll hear a lot of that!  grin grin grin

Good. He does score the odd, spectacular goal every now and then abi but he has to score much more often than he does at the moment, right!?
This, I totally agree - but on the other hand, we don't mind 10-15 goals in the ligue this season from him, wanna know why!? becuz we are not solely dependent on his goals or the goals of any 1 individual for that matter.
If all he does is assist and the goals can come in from all others, that is fine, we'll take it. In that light, it doesn't translate to a waste i any way!

U get time sha. . . . . .

90% of these anti-Berbatov miscreants cannot tell us what made Dennis Bergkamp a LEGEND and yet they see Berbatov as a waste of cash!!!
What does it matter if Berbatov puts the ball in the net or not. . . . .With him in the squad, we won the league and got to the final of the UCL.
With Torres in Liverpool, they have won nothing. . . . With Drogba in Chelsea, they have not won the league for 3 seasons.

I'd rather have Berbatov who has improved our attack a great deal than Torres/Anelka who scores 50 goals per season and winning nowt.
The objective is to win titles. Having highest goal scorer on the planet is a bonus to any team.
As long as United keep winning titles, what Berbatov contributes weighs more in gold than any striker in the EPL.

Without Ronaldo, Berbatov and co have scored more goals than when Ronaldo/Tevez were with us.
What else do these rats want? grin grin grin  I can even understand when Mancs are complaining. . . .Wetin concern GAYnners(Eternal losers)?

Money---they don't have. . . .Titles -- they cannot boast of.
Why are they taking Tylenol for another woman's menstrual cramps? grin grin grin
Last time i checked, United did not lend the money from the Emirates to buy Berbatov.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by RuuDie(m): 4:08pm On Dec 30, 2009
Eastbay:

Ruudie,
The topic is about Berbatov,not Luca Toni or huntelaar.
We've mentioned those players previously.

i know. . . but am just tryna point out a difference here - they are what you can term waste. Berba plays, he gets a handful of goals, puts in some good performances albeit not as consistently as we'd all love; he is waste!?
its totally unfair!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by dayokanu(m): 4:25pm On Dec 30, 2009
hold your horses now, we'll still come back to the issue of Luca Toni & Mario Gomes. . . . .

Luca toni in his first season scored 39 goals for Bayern in his first season and Mario Gomez is scoring for Bayern much more than Berbasulk

Both have justified the amount of money spent on them so far unlike Molotov(apologoes to Brash Alli)
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by dayokanu(m): 4:28pm On Dec 30, 2009
What does it matter if Berbatov puts the ball in the net or not. . . . .With him in the squad, we won the league and got to the final of the UCL.
With Torres in Liverpool, they have won nothing. . . . With Drogba in Chelsea, they have not won the league for 3 seasons

This argument you keep repeating doesnt make sense.

Ronaldo Lima at Inter Milan did not win the league that must mean the Juventus strikers e.g Daniel Fonseca was better?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by codedguy1(m): 4:33pm On Dec 30, 2009
~Sauron~:

U get time sha. . . . . .

90% of these anti-Berbatov miscreants cannot tell us what made Dennis Bergkamp a LEGEND and yet they see Berbatov as a waste of cash!!!
With Torres in Liverpool, they have won nothing. . . . With Drogba in Chelsea, they have not won the league for 3 seasons.

I'd rather have Berbatov who has improved our attack a great deal than Torres/Anelka who scores 50 goals per season and winning nowt.
The objective is to win titles. Having highest goal scorer on the planet is a bonus to any team.
As long as United keep winning titles, what Berbatov contributes weighs more in gold than any striker in the EPL.

Without Ronaldo, Berbatov and co have scored more goals than when Ronaldo/Tevez were with us.
What else do these rats want? grin grin grin I can even understand when Mancs are complaining. . . .Wetin concern GAYnners(Eternal losers)?

Money---they don't have. . . .Titles -- they cannot boast of.
Why are they taking Tylenol for another woman's menstrual cramps? grin grin grin

Last time i checked, United did not lend the money from the Emirates to buy Berbatov.

MINT!!!!! grin grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Sauron1: 4:35pm On Dec 30, 2009
dayokanu:

Your reasoning here is senseless. . . . .

Ronaldo Lima at Inter Milan did not win the league that must mean the Juventus strikers e.g Daniel Fonseca was better?

Inter bought Ronaldo Lima for £20 million(A world record fee) and he failed to win them a title.
The only reasonable deduction there is. . . . .Ronaldo was animal [b]S[/b]HIT at Inter.

U cannot be a good player without winning at least a domestic title.
All the best players in this world have won a domestic title for their clubs
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by codedguy1(m): 4:38pm On Dec 30, 2009
dayokanu:

Dayo, U must be really confused. how can the winning of the title being the aim of a club, regardless of how the players play not make sense.

Ask yourself, can a bunch of useless players win anything. Ask Arsenal, they quality players who play fanciful and sublime footie, still nothing to show for it, at least in the last 5 years shocked

HNIC will pick on the 5 year now grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Sauron1: 4:47pm On Dec 30, 2009
coded guy:

Dayo, U must be really confused. how can the winning of the title being the aim of a club, regardless of how the players play not make sense.

Ask yourself, can a bunch of useless players win anything. Ask Arsenal, they quality players who play fanciful and sublime footie, still nothing to show for it, at least in the last 5 years shocked

Don't mind the goats. . . . . .They will rather have a 100 goals per season striker and ignore the main objective of winning the domestic league

My primary concern is the titles won and not the personal glory of a certain striker.
Strikers will leave, the pride of the club shall remain.
If Berbatov's 9 goals per season will guarantee United loads of titles, i will rather have him than Anelka or Fernando Torres.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by dayokanu(m): 5:01pm On Dec 30, 2009
Inter bought Ronaldo Lima for £20 million(A world record fee) and he failed to win them a title.
The only reasonable deduction there is. . . . .Ronaldo was animal SHIT at Inter.

Ronaldo did not win domestic titles for Inter Milan. In fact he only won the league once in his European career so what do you say about Ronaldo

While Ronaldo was at Inter he won the FIFA player of the year and Ballon D'or

Torres is better than Berbatov the way Ronaldo is better than Fonseca

@coded,

Man Utd winning trophies has nothing to do with Berbatovs contribution its like saying Saha won Man utd trophies while he was in Man Utd.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by debosky(m): 5:23pm On Dec 30, 2009
dayokanu:

Man Utd winning trophies has nothing to do with Berbatovs contribution its like saying Saha won Man utd trophies while he was in Man Utd.

That is the completely asinine reasoning system employed by Sharon.

In his mind, if De Laet gets an EPL medal due to appearances with Utd, he is better than Carvalho simply because he gets a medal.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Sauron1: 5:32pm On Dec 30, 2009
dayokanu:

Ronaldo did not win domestic titles for Inter Milan. In fact he only won the league once in his European career so what do you say about Ronaldo

He was poo at Inter Milan!!!!
How many times did i have to report that.

While Ronaldo was at Inter he won the FIFA player of the year and Ballon D'or

Stop misinforming the public. . . . .Ronaldo won FIFA Player Of The Year/ Ballon d'Or after helping Barcelona win the Spanish version of FA cup/ Their Charity shield and finishing as La Liga's highest goal scorer.
He won the awards at Inter on the back of his exploits in Copa America 97 and Confederations Cup. . . . .

Torres is better than Berbatov the way Ronaldo is better than Fonseca

Let Torres prove it by winning his domestic league. . . .SIMPLES. wink

@coded,

It is idiotic comments like this that makes people call you a plonker.
If we deduct the points Berbatov won for Man Utd last season, Liverpool woulda won the EPL.
On the top of ma head alone, i can remember his last minute winner against Bolton(away) and Middlesboro(OT). . . .That is 4 points

debosky:

That is the completely asinine reasoning system employed by Sharon.
In his mind, if De Laet gets an EPL medal due to appearances with Utd, he is better than Carvalho simply because he gets a medal.

Stop reasoning like a fool.
De Laet is not a first teamer. . . . . .Berbatov is a starter for Man Utd.
His 9 goals and 9 goal assists helped United edge out Liverpool in the title race.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by RuuDie(m): 5:36pm On Dec 30, 2009
@ dayo,

luca scored last season 39 abi, why is he not doing it now. . . .  i don't even know if he remembers how to kick a ball again - where is he sef and he earns how much #150,000+ per week to sit in the stands and suck on his thumb while his children's mate are out doing the bizness & u come here to open your mouth berba is waste!

as for the mario gomes u were ranting about before the season started, how many goals has he scored in the budesliga at this half-way point eight (cool kpere. . . . . if berba is waste then he must be toilet paper - shebi he scored 24 last term for stuttgart, why is he not doing it now again
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by RuuDie(m): 5:38pm On Dec 30, 2009
debosky:

even if he only plays 1min in that entire season. . . . do not undermine his contribution thats all!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by RuuDie(m): 5:43pm On Dec 30, 2009
coded guy:

[b]Dayo, U must be really confused. how can the winning of the title being the aim of a club, regardless of how the players play not make sense.[/b]Ask yourself, can a bunch of useless players win anything. Ask Arsenal, they quality players who play fanciful and sublime footie, still nothing to show for it, at least in the last 5 years shocked

Help me ask him. . . .
if Berba is as useless as u insist he is, by now shebi SAF will be looking for where to offload him free - as Uli & Franz are going all over europe looking for where to offload kpa'ko toni grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by dayokanu(m): 6:14pm On Dec 30, 2009
@ dayo,

luca scored last season 39 abi, why is he not doing it now. . . . i don't even know if he remembers how to kick a ball again - where is he sef and he earns how much #150,000+ per week to sit in the stands and suck on his thumb while his children's mate are out doing the bizness & u come here to open your mouth berba is waste!

as for the mario gomes u were ranting about before the season started, how many goals has he scored in the budesliga at this half-way point eight ( kpere. . . . . if berba is waste then he must be toilet paper - shebi he scored 24 last term for stuttgart, why is he not doing it now again

Luca scored 39 and repaid the money we spent on him 11million.

What has Berbasulk done that compares to that. We didnt buy Luca to score till 2099 he has done his job and its time to offload him. What has Berbasulk done.

Mario Gomez scored in his last 4 Bundesliga starts Has Berbasuck ever scored in 4 consecutive games for man Utd?

It is idiotic comments like this that makes people call you a plonker.
If we deduct the points Berbatov won for Man Utd last season, Liverpool woulda won the EPL.
On the top of ma head alone, i can remember his last minute winner against Bolton(away) and Middlesboro(OT). . . .That is 4 points

This is insanity at its peak. If Berbatov didnt play, would Man Utd have played with 10 men? They would have played a more purposeful striker not someone crawling 2000m in 90 minutes.

Without Berbatov, Man Utd woulda won the FA cup last year

He was poo at Inter Milan!!!!
How many times did i have to report that.

Ronaldo won 1 domestic title in his whole sojourn in Europe. yet he won FIFA player 3 times Are you telling us he only deserved it in 2003 when he won the La Liga? Heck he didnt even win in 2003.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Sauron1: 6:25pm On Dec 30, 2009
dayokanu:

This is insanity at its peak. If Berbatov didnt play, would Man Utd have played with 10 men? They would have played a more purposeful striker not someone crawling 2000m in 90 minutes.

Playing Berbatov or not has nothing to do with this.
He was there in the last minute to score United winning goals that fetched precious 3 points.
What were the other players doing before Berbatov scored? Dozing?

Without Berbatov, Man Utd woulda won the FA cup last year

How so?
United got kicked out in the Semis. . . . .not in the Final
What is to say United woulda beaten Chelsea in the Final? When will you stop this show of idiocy? grin grin grin

Ronaldo won 1 domestic title in his whole sojourn in Europe. yet he won FIFA player 3 times Are you telling us he only deserved it in 2003 when he won the La Liga? Heck he didnt even win in 2003.

Who said Ronaldo never won a domestic title?
Copa del Rey is not domestic? La Liga's Charity Shield is not domestic?
In 1996. . . . . .His blistering form for Barcelona won him FIFA Player Of The Year.
In 1997. . . . . .His brilliance for Brazil in Copa/Confed. Cup won him the awards.
In 2002. . . . . .His sodomising of the Nazis in Korea/Japan 2002 won him the awards.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by RuuDie(m): 6:30pm On Dec 30, 2009
dayokanu:

Luca scored 39 and repaid the money we spent on him 11million.

What has Berbasulk done that compares to that. We didnt buy Luca to score till 2099 he has done his job and its time to offload him. What has Berbasulk done.

grin grin grin  u don see mumu!
thats ur xcuse. . . . d man is still pocketing #150,000+ every week and u say he has repaid the money  grin
Okay, we didn't buy Berba to come and be PFA player or highest goal-scorer, how about that!?

dayokanu:

Mario Gomez scored in his last 4 Bundesliga starts Has Berbasuck ever scored in 4 consecutive games for man Utd?

okay. . .  this is now a big achievement!? the man has only scored 8 since bundesliga started, so how is he better than Berba there - see pot calling kettle black  grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by dayokanu(m): 6:47pm On Dec 30, 2009
u don see mumu!
thats your xcuse. . . . d man is still pocketing #150,000+ every week and u say he has repaid the money
Okay, we didn't buy Berba to come and be PFA player or highest goal-scorer, how about that!?

We have our moneys worth on Luca already 39 goals in his first season.

Ok you bought Berbatov for flicks and permed hair right?

okay. . . this is now a big achievement!? the man has only scored 8 since bundesliga started, so how is he better than Berba there - see pot calling kettle black

8 league goals in his first season midway is a whole better than 5 goals mid season for a striker who is in his second season and is not acclamatizing

Playing Berbatov or not has nothing to do with this.
He was there in the last minute to score United winning goals that fetched precious 3 points.
What were the other players doing before Berbatov scored? Dozing?

The other players were supplying Berbatov with quality passes and he was flicking them away. A striker who scored 5 goals mid season is a waste

How so?
United got kicked out in the Semis. . . . .not in the Final
What is to say United woulda beaten Chelsea in the Final? When will you stop this show of idiocy

You need to win the Semis before playing finals and Berbatov blew it at the semis. Without a keeper, his kicks wont even cross the goal line
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by dayokanu(m): 6:50pm On Dec 30, 2009

Who said Ronaldo never won a domestic title?
Copa del Rey is not domestic? La Liga's Charity Shield is not domestic?

So quit saying Fabregas hasnt won a domestic title cos he has won the FA cup too
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Sauron1: 6:58pm On Dec 30, 2009
dayokanu:

The other players were supplying Berbatov with quality passes and he was flicking them away. A striker who scored 5 goals mid season is a waste

Why didn't the other players put it away before Berbatov's introduction?
U have no point my friend. . . . .Only a slowpoke would say 9 league goals and 9 goal assists did not contribute to United winning the EPL title last season especially when United recorded the lowest goals scored last season.

You need to win the Semis before playing finals and Berbatov blew it at the semis. Without a keeper, his kicks wont even cross the goal line

Ribery's penalty for Bayern last season was worse. . . . . .
Rio also missed a penalty. . . . .Ronaldo missed 2 penalties in the season he became the best player on the planet.
You are really talking like a retard now.

dayokanu:

So quit saying Fabregas hasnt won a domestic title cos he has won the FA cup too

See this mumu. . . . . .Ronaldo win awards because he won domestic and shone like a billion stars in Europe!!!
Cesc Fabregas won the FA cup as a peripheral player. He contributed nothing to Arsenal winning the FA cup.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by presido1: 7:21pm On Dec 30, 2009
All i ask from God is for Rooney to stay fit otherwise we are doomed. I can't see anybody upfront to do the goal scoring.
Did somebody mention Berbatov? Nah he is even too lazy to celebrate his goal talkless of carrying the burden of goal scoring for Man United.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by dayokanu(m): 7:29pm On Dec 30, 2009
All i ask from God is for Rooney to stay fit otherwise we are doomed. I can't see anybody upfront to do the goal scoring.
Did somebody mention Berbatov? Nah he is even too lazy to celebrate his goal talkless of carrying the burden of goal scoring for Man United.

Someone that needs a pump to get urine out of his di.ck He is too lazy to pee on his own
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Sauron1: 7:38pm On Dec 30, 2009
presido1:

We didn't need Rooney to beat the German champions on their own soil.
Bring back Hargreaves, Nani, Rio and VDS. . . .and i will do without Rooney for 24 months.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by DoubleN(m): 7:43pm On Dec 30, 2009
We need Rooney to stay fit so we can continue our dominance on the EPL.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Nobody: 11:37pm On Dec 30, 2009
Dis Argument will never end till Berbatov either starts scoring or leaves United.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Sauron1: 11:40pm On Dec 30, 2009
Eastbay:

Dis Argument will never end till Berbatov either starts scoring or leaves United.

He scored again tonight. . . . .He keeps proving you wrong time n time again.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by DoubleN(m): 11:41pm On Dec 30, 2009
6 goals for Berba!!Keep your scoring boots on cos we gonna need em. grin grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by presido1: 12:00am On Dec 31, 2009
~Sauron~:

He scored again tonight. . . . .He keeps proving you wrong time n time again.
We need him to prove us wrong by doing what he was bought to do. If he increases his goal tally nobody will be dizzing him. Two goals in two games is a good return and that is what we expect from him. Double digit goal count in PL is not too much to ask for. 30 milla can buy two Defoe.

(1) (2) (3) ... (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101)

FIFA Ballon D'or 2014 Awards On 12th January 2014 / Chelsea Vs Manchester United (0 - 2) On 17th February 2020 / Watford Vs Liverpool (3 - 0) On 29th February 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.