Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,878 members, 7,802,831 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:51 PM

Drones, What Are They? - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Drones, What Are They? (532 Views)

Get Your Drones With Fish Eye Surveillance Camera For Your Event Coverage / Drones (UAV) In Nigeria -- What No One Will Tell You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Drones, What Are They? by ameh99: 7:56pm On Jun 28, 2016
Years ago I watched a documentry on drones and I was trilled by the way they behave and ever since then I never took my mind of it and I never stop asking questions "drones" what are they? with endless research and sleepless nights I finally got the answers after a very long time.
So the question is what is a drone? drones are vehicle, be it a plane or grand vehicle controlled remotely from grand station known as base by someone giving it command on task to perform and can also be reffered to as UAV( Unmanned Arial Vehicle). Initially I thought drones were just some toy but little did I know that third world countries like USA, Russia, UK, China and lots of others have taken it beyond the skyies. Today importance of drones can never be over emphasize, today drones do the work of a man fight a battle of a soldier, music video, shoot movies or takes picture from imposible angle and even ventures into areas where humans are afraid to go without being spotted and recently in Uganda drones are use to deliver small medical first aid kits to remote areas the list could go on and on. Starting a drone security business is as lucrative as it can be. Geting to know all that now, I wished Nigerian Government had taken ICT seriously all this years. Anyway that is a topice for another day, for today we are going to disscus the basics of drones.
Drones are basically divided into two types namely the fixed wing and copter series. Jet's with EDF, low, high, mid wings or passenger air planes all falls under fixed wing category while single rotor like the regular helicopter multi rotor all falls under the copter family. Now simple steps to build your drones, let's take it one at a time.
Fixed wing drones what you need.
1. frame
2. flight controller
3. servo's
4. Brushless motor
5. propeller
6. Esc
7. Bec optional
8. connectors
9. rc receiver and radio
1. Frame: The proper flying of any airplane most at times depends on the frame, the frame of the fixed wing air plane is basically divided into two part the wings and fuselarg and are sub divided on. On the wings we have the aileron each on both wings on the tale end of the fuselarg we have the rudder and elevator.
a) Aileron's are those flap like moving up and down on the wings they enable an airplane to row left or right in mid air without changing cause or altitude
b) Rudder's is that vartical small wing you see at the tale of an airplane and they are responsible for making an airplane turn left or right in mid air in circle but still maintains their altitude known as Yaw.
c) Elevators this are those two small horizontal wing like at the tale of an airplane and they are responsible for making an airplane to take off and change altitude upward or downward, just like the name implies. known as elevator.
to be continue....

1 Like

Re: Drones, What Are They? by olatunjithomas(m): 8:37pm On Jun 28, 2016
enjoying this post like

Re: Drones, What Are They? by litaninja(m): 10:27am On Jun 29, 2016
Learn to spell, or use your spell check. Learn grammar use. Stop spamming the forum.

(1) (Reply)

Projector For Sale / Graphene Batteries May Slash Your Phone Recharge Time To 15 Minutes / Infinix Hot 2 For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.