Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,851 members, 7,802,728 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:07 PM

Buhari To Clerics: Pray For Better Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari To Clerics: Pray For Better Nigeria (6074 Views)

Preach Against Corruption In Mosques -buhari To Clerics / PDP Responds To Oyegun's Statement‎: "We Handed Over A Better Nigeria To Buhari" / Buhari Scraps Nigerian Film Village Plan After Muslim Clerics Complained (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari To Clerics: Pray For Better Nigeria by buharifraud: 10:14pm On Jun 28, 2016
President Muhammadu Buhari on Tuesday charged Islamic clerics to intensify prayers for a better and progressive Nigeria.
He made the call during breaking of Ramadan fast with religious leaders at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.
Recalling his last meeting with the scholars during the last Ramadan period in 2015 and similar meetings with Christian clerics before the Ramadan period, the President said the meetings were useful and meaningful as various developmental ideas were offered on how best to move the nation forward.
He said: “I’m very pleased we have actually met. Before the Ramadan I met our Christians brothers, from all over the country and exchange ideas with them.
“I’m very pleased, we realized that this is our problem, the country’s problem is our problem. Nobody will solve it for us. We pray very hard to God. We work very hard and let us continue that way.
“I believe the riches God endows unto Nigeria, we will realize, our children will realize and our great-grandchildren will realize.
“If we have problems, this is the only country we have. I said it more 30 years ago. We quickly go out, we go to pray in Saudi Arabia, we go maybe to other developed countries, but this is home.
“This is where God put us and we have to stay here and pray many times per day for God to guide us so that we can leave a better country to the next generation.”
He urged the religious leaders to continue to preach the virtues of peace, tolerance and understanding among their followers to ensure speedy transformation of the country.
The Chief Imam of Zone 3 Juma’at Mosque, Imam Tajudeen Mohammad, who spoke on behalf of the Islamic clerics, reiterated the determination of the clerics to continue to pray for peace and rapid development of the country.

http://thenationonlineng.net/buhari-clerics-pray-better-nigeria/

Re: Buhari To Clerics: Pray For Better Nigeria by afanide: 10:17pm On Jun 28, 2016
For how long will they keep praying :-/

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Clerics: Pray For Better Nigeria by buharifraud: 10:19pm On Jun 28, 2016
Pray for yourself and that your kleptomaniac wife who will soon travel to USA. Pray that FBI will not jail her for 20years. Pray for your Dubai loving snake charming Burutai. Pray that Boko Haramic Sahara Reporters will not finish his life. Pray for yourself, and leave fantastically corrupt Nigerians to pray for Nigeria. God does not answer prayers from sinners.

12 Likes

Re: Buhari To Clerics: Pray For Better Nigeria by Nobody: 10:24pm On Jun 28, 2016
buharifraud:
Pray for yourself and that your kleptomaniac wife who will soon travel to USA. Pray that FBI will not jail her for 20years. Pray for your Dubai loving snake charming Burutai. Pray that Boko Haramic Sahara Reporters will not finish his life. Pray for yourself, and leave fantastically corrupt Nigerians to pray for Nigeria. God does not answer prayers from sinners.
Bro, God dey answer your prayer? The hate wey dey your post fit make Jesus commit suicide.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari To Clerics: Pray For Better Nigeria by idupaul: 10:28pm On Jun 28, 2016
Buhari is just getting worse and worse every passing day .

2 Likes

Re: Buhari To Clerics: Pray For Better Nigeria by Nobody: 12:50am On Jun 29, 2016
Nigeria don't need prayer to be a better country.We need honest leaders not a religious bigot like Mr President.

14 Likes

Re: Buhari To Clerics: Pray For Better Nigeria by Nobody: 2:56am On Jun 29, 2016
Moslems pray to Allah not God...

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Clerics: Pray For Better Nigeria by herzern(m): 7:53am On Jun 29, 2016
Aso rock and fast breaking

3 Likes

Re: Buhari To Clerics: Pray For Better Nigeria by veekid(m): 7:53am On Jun 29, 2016
This man is nothing but confused

2 Likes

Re: Buhari To Clerics: Pray For Better Nigeria by matt245(m): 7:53am On Jun 29, 2016
after all the promises

Re: Buhari To Clerics: Pray For Better Nigeria by Firefire(m): 7:53am On Jun 29, 2016
ediot, did you pray for Nigeria during GEJ?

5 Likes

Re: Buhari To Clerics: Pray For Better Nigeria by SeverusSnape(m): 7:53am On Jun 29, 2016
Foolish man grin

After giving your zombies the impression that you're a god, you're now telling them to pray to God.

Deliver your campaign promises or shut that your smelly mouth up!

9 Likes

Re: Buhari To Clerics: Pray For Better Nigeria by dayoungmoney1: 7:54am On Jun 29, 2016
if prayer is the solution to Nigeria's problem, then this country would be a paradise already! our problems will be solved when every citizen of this country choose to do the right thing; shunning greed and corrupt practices. But a quick fix for now is true federalism or perhaps a split up of Nigeria.

#TrueFederalism
or
#BreakUpNigeria

5 Likes

Re: Buhari To Clerics: Pray For Better Nigeria by SeverusSnape(m): 7:54am On Jun 29, 2016
Firefire:
ediot, did you prayed for Nigeria during GEJ?
Help me ask the Mumu man.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari To Clerics: Pray For Better Nigeria by visijo(m): 7:54am On Jun 29, 2016
i hear, since AD THEY hAVE BEEN PRAYING:::: GOD HELP NIGERIA:::
Re: Buhari To Clerics: Pray For Better Nigeria by Nobody: 7:55am On Jun 29, 2016
afanide:
grin grin grin
Praying for Change

Re: Buhari To Clerics: Pray For Better Nigeria by DesChyko: 7:55am On Jun 29, 2016
Probably God should not have given humans brain if they still need to trouble him for problems they caused themselves.
Re: Buhari To Clerics: Pray For Better Nigeria by Firefire(m): 7:55am On Jun 29, 2016
SeverusSnape:

Help me ask the Mumu man.

Don't mind the fuull, e better resign honorably.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari To Clerics: Pray For Better Nigeria by Mctimothylota(m): 7:55am On Jun 29, 2016
Same way u prayed 4 nigeria during Gej tenor, i no say very soon u go turn aso rock to mountain of fire
Re: Buhari To Clerics: Pray For Better Nigeria by muller101(m): 7:56am On Jun 29, 2016
Blind baba
Re: Buhari To Clerics: Pray For Better Nigeria by Nobody: 7:56am On Jun 29, 2016
Woww....the hatred being expressed by some people in this thread over a simple call for Buhari to clerics to pray for Nigeria.....is really very interesting.Especially from so called good Christians.

I did not like the Military regime, nor the PDP....but at least we still prayed for our country back in the day. At least some of us Christians.

At which point, I leave you with this verse from the Book of Jeremiah...29 vs 7

And seek (inquire for, require, and request) the peace and welfare of the city to which I have caused you to be carried away captive; and pray to the Lord for it, for in the welfare of [the city in which you live] you will have welfare.(Amplified version)

I myself, as I have said here, am not fond of the APC government. I only tolerate it because they got out PDP...and because in a democracy, change is what keeps it vibrant. Even as i criticze.....I am still praying for Nigeria. And I am prepared to, in the words of a great second Republic politician practice politics without bitterness.....

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Clerics: Pray For Better Nigeria by lovat(m): 7:56am On Jun 29, 2016
Nonsense. Who muslim prayer epp.

Lemme brace up for the insults

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Clerics: Pray For Better Nigeria by Beehshorp(m): 7:56am On Jun 29, 2016
Bubu please u and I know that the solution is not prayer.. Every reasonable Nigerian know dat u and ur party are the problem.. So what den do we pray for? Ur resignation would be the answer cos with that we would achieve a better Nigeria
Re: Buhari To Clerics: Pray For Better Nigeria by kobonaire(m): 7:57am On Jun 29, 2016
Oh please, action first!
Re: Buhari To Clerics: Pray For Better Nigeria by Project400: 7:59am On Jun 29, 2016
NOTED cool cool
Re: Buhari To Clerics: Pray For Better Nigeria by Nobody: 7:59am On Jun 29, 2016
how to pray?

2 Likes

Re: Buhari To Clerics: Pray For Better Nigeria by nextstep(m): 7:59am On Jun 29, 2016
No, no, no. We like to resort to prayer instead of using our brains. God gave us brains to solve problems so we won't have to keep asking for his assistance in every single matter.
Re: Buhari To Clerics: Pray For Better Nigeria by nextstep(m): 8:02am On Jun 29, 2016
Beehshorp:
Bubu please u and I know that the solution is not prayer.. Every reasonable Nigerian know dat u and ur party are the problem.. So what den do we pray for? Ur resignation would be the answer cos with that we would achieve a better Nigeria

Seconded. Bartender, beer for this man! And please tell asun girl to bring two plates.

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Clerics: Pray For Better Nigeria by nuclearBb5791(m): 8:05am On Jun 29, 2016
Let the mercy of God remove this thick darkness called IGNORANCE and allow this light called KNOWLEDGE reign in the affairs of Nigerians....
Re: Buhari To Clerics: Pray For Better Nigeria by Asam2(m): 8:08am On Jun 29, 2016
I wonder the kind of people we have here that are making comments as if they are thinking through their anus

IS IT WRONG FOR MR PRESIDENT TO ASK FOR GOD INTERVENTION

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Clerics: Pray For Better Nigeria by Thobiy(m): 8:18am On Jun 29, 2016
afanide:
Till Nigeria becomes great, forever
Re: Buhari To Clerics: Pray For Better Nigeria by kayus4luv2(m): 8:18am On Jun 29, 2016
It is like we have entered one chance ooo shocked cry

(1) (2) (Reply)

Appeal Court Strikes Out EFCC ’s Suit Against Orji Kalu's Retrial / Fg Adds 188mgw To Power, As Supply Sits 3,800mgw / Boko Haram Attack: A Ploy For Amnesty?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.