Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,362 members, 7,780,989 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 06:59 AM

28 Killed In Explosions At Ataturk Airport - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / 28 Killed In Explosions At Ataturk Airport (1744 Views)

Istanbul Ataturk Airport Attack: 36 Dead And More Than 140 Hurt / Istanbul Ataturk Airport Attack: At Least 28 Dead And Dozens Injured / Explosions At Brussels Airport And Subway Station In Belgium (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

28 Killed In Explosions At Ataturk Airport by Diamondwriter(m): 10:30pm On Jun 28, 2016
At least 28 people have been killed and 60 others were injured, following explosions at Istanbul's main international airport, Turkish officials said.
Authorities said there were at least three people involved in the attack at Ataturk Airport late on Tuesday evening.
The attackers reportedly tried to penetrate the "control point" coming into the airport. Security personnel then opened fire to "neutralise" the attackers, who then detonated their explosives, authorities said.
One suicide attacker reportedly detonated himself at the airport parking lot, Al Jazeera's Ayse Karabat, reporting from Istanbul, said.
Images from local television showed several people running away from the airport. Several people were also shown being transported by stretchers and wheelchairs.
There was no immediate claim of responsibility for the attack. But one security analyst told Al Jazeera that the attack bore the hallmarks of the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL, also known as ISIS), which carried out a "similar attack" at the Brussels airport in March.
Ataturk Airport is one of the busiest in the world serving more than 60 million passengers in 2015.
All outbound flights have been cancelled, while most of the inbound flights have been diverted. Planes already approaching the airport were allowed to land.
There has been a string of bombings around Turkey over the past year, some of them blamed on ISIL, others claimed by Kurdish fighters.
www.aljazeera.com/news/2016/06/turkey-istanbul-ataturk-airport-160628192042993.html
Re: 28 Killed In Explosions At Ataturk Airport by nnachukz(m): 10:36pm On Jun 28, 2016
OK. We are busy with our local challenges. Op let them face theirs.

2 Likes

Re: 28 Killed In Explosions At Ataturk Airport by EzeNri(m): 10:57pm On Jun 28, 2016
Blame the religion of piss. World Largest Terrorist Movement #WLTM. EndTime Peace. #ETP.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 28 Killed In Explosions At Ataturk Airport by Neoguru6: 11:19pm On Jun 28, 2016
Doesnt suprise me.
The religion of piss

1 Like

Re: 28 Killed In Explosions At Ataturk Airport by Ofemmanu1: 11:23pm On Jun 28, 2016
Na dem virgin seekers.
Re: 28 Killed In Explosions At Ataturk Airport by DaBullIT(m): 11:30pm On Jun 28, 2016
[size=28pt]Islamabad [/size]

2 Likes

Re: 28 Killed In Explosions At Ataturk Airport by Nobody: 11:38pm On Jun 28, 2016
Islam motto: Kill for allah and become a HERO!

3 Likes

Re: 28 Killed In Explosions At Ataturk Airport by Nobody: 11:43pm On Jun 28, 2016
DaBullIT:
[size=28pt]Islamabad [/size]

All Religion Is Bad, Religion Has Caused More Harm Than Good To Humanity.... Religion Is Bad!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 28 Killed In Explosions At Ataturk Airport by Nobody: 11:45pm On Jun 28, 2016
Ofemmanu1:
Na dem virgin seekers.

That is the power of religion indoctrination... @#say no to religion!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 28 Killed In Explosions At Ataturk Airport by idemudiacollins: 11:51pm On Jun 28, 2016
#letThereBePeace
Re: 28 Killed In Explosions At Ataturk Airport by Nobody: 11:51pm On Jun 28, 2016
EzeNri:
Blame the religion of piss. World Largest Terrorist Movement #WLTM. EndTime Peace. #ETP.

All religion breeds hatred, fights, squabbles, frictions among people... all religion is inclined to the use of terrorism to gain ground....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 28 Killed In Explosions At Ataturk Airport by Ofemmanu1: 11:52pm On Jun 28, 2016
BeastAmbition:

No religion?! Do believe in anything?
Re: 28 Killed In Explosions At Ataturk Airport by Nobody: 11:57pm On Jun 28, 2016
Ofemmanu1:

No religion?!
Do believe in anything?

Though i didn't get what you mean, but i'll make my point clear to you.... Religious people are not as fantastic as they want you to believe, they are not compassionate- they are as evil as selfish minded as others they judge and kill

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 28 Killed In Explosions At Ataturk Airport by Nobody: 12:06am On Jun 29, 2016
nnachukz:
Nnaa, iwe di gi na alu.grin

Come to Pakistan and witness real 1slamists on rampage. This religion is a punishment from God honestly. angry
Re: 28 Killed In Explosions At Ataturk Airport by OAUTemitayo: 12:07am On Jun 29, 2016
The chicken is coming home to roost. Turkey has been supporting Isis in Syria for a long time.
You don't sow thorns and reap tomatoes
Re: 28 Killed In Explosions At Ataturk Airport by Nobody: 12:09am On Jun 29, 2016
SirJeffry:
Nnaa, iwe di gi na alu.grin

Come to Pakistan and witness real 1slamists on rampage. This religion is a punishment from God honestly. angry

Religion is a punishment from man by man - god didn't create man in his own image, man created god in his own flawed image.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 28 Killed In Explosions At Ataturk Airport by Ofemmanu1: 12:12am On Jun 29, 2016
BeastAmbition:

Though i didn't get what you mean, but i'll make my point clear to you.... Religious people are not as fantastic as they want you to believe, they are not compassionate- they are as evil as selfish minded as others they judge and kill
Yeah, humans are evil and selfish minded cos that what makes em mortals.
It's only the gods and the dead that are perfect with impunity.
Since you aint a religion type, what's your belief?
Re: 28 Killed In Explosions At Ataturk Airport by Nobody: 12:17am On Jun 29, 2016
Ofemmanu1:
Yeah, humans are evil and selfish minded cos that what makes em mortals. It's only the gods and the dead that are perfect with impunity. Since you aint a religion type, what's your belief?

Humanism

1 Like

Re: 28 Killed In Explosions At Ataturk Airport by Ofemmanu1: 12:24am On Jun 29, 2016
BeastAmbition:

Humanism
Ohh..
Humanism may be good but it's got flaws too; it can't explain the natural universe.
Humanism is as flawed as humans are.
Re: 28 Killed In Explosions At Ataturk Airport by Nobody: 12:29am On Jun 29, 2016
Ofemmanu1:

Ohh..
Humanism may be good but it's got flaws too; it can't explain the natural universe.
Humanism is as flawed as humans are.

What can explain the natural universe?

1 Like

Re: 28 Killed In Explosions At Ataturk Airport by Ofemmanu1: 12:35am On Jun 29, 2016
BeastAmbition:

The explanations is that; the natural universe was created by a designer that is over and higher than nature.

1 Like

Re: 28 Killed In Explosions At Ataturk Airport by Ofemmanu1: 12:38am On Jun 29, 2016
BeastAmbition:

For your reading pleasure. http://web.cortland.edu/andersmd/HUMAN/CRITIC.HTML
Re: 28 Killed In Explosions At Ataturk Airport by Nobody: 12:44am On Jun 29, 2016
Ofemmanu1:

The explanations is that; the natural universe was created by a designer that is over and higher than nature.

Be explicit with your submission, what do you mean by "the natural universe was created by a designer that is over and higher than nature" what is nature? how did you know that the natural universe was created by a designer that is higher than nature?, please explain, since you sounded authoritatively sure. who is the designer?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 28 Killed In Explosions At Ataturk Airport by Ofemmanu1: 12:53am On Jun 29, 2016
BeastAmbition:

Be explicit with your submission, what do you mean by "the natural universe was created by a designer that is over and higher than nature" what is nature? how did you know that the natural universe was created by a designer that is higher than natural?, please explain, since you sounded authoritatively sure. who is the designer?
Nature means; Natural, phyiscal e.g the universe.
Man and Nature didnt happen by accident, as Man can't create Nature and vice-versa.
They were created by being(s) higher than man and nature.
Re: 28 Killed In Explosions At Ataturk Airport by Cjrane2: 12:58am On Jun 29, 2016
BeastAmbition:

[size=15pt]Stop hiding from the truth.
Islam is a violent cult not religion.

if religion is the problem, why arent Hindus, Christians, Buddists, and even Voodoo people blowing things up?

Islam is BAD
.[/size]

[size=28pt]ISLAMABAD![/size]

1 Like

Re: 28 Killed In Explosions At Ataturk Airport by Nobody: 12:59am On Jun 29, 2016
Ofemmanu1:

Nature means; Natural, phyiscal e.g the universe.
Man and Nature didnt happen by accident, as Man can't create Nature and vice-versa.
They were created by being(s) higher than man and nature.

What do you mean by what you wrote, i said who are the being(s)? are you a troll? i guess i'll have to stop replying you.
Re: 28 Killed In Explosions At Ataturk Airport by Agimor(m): 12:59am On Jun 29, 2016
nnachukz:
Epic response.
Re: 28 Killed In Explosions At Ataturk Airport by Ofemmanu1: 1:06am On Jun 29, 2016
BeastAmbition:

What do you mean by what you wrote, i said who are the being(s)? are you a troll? i guess i'll have to stop replying you.
Rulers see through spies, as cow through smell, Brahmins thru scriptures and the rest of the people thru their normal eyes. ~Kautilya, Indian philosopher, 3rd century.

There's more to life and nature, which is spiritual.
The Lord "GOD" made em all.
Re: 28 Killed In Explosions At Ataturk Airport by agitator: 1:23am On Jun 29, 2016
Religion of peace RIP to the dead shocked shocked shocked
Re: 28 Killed In Explosions At Ataturk Airport by Nobody: 2:53am On Jun 29, 2016
How can u be fasting in the Holy month and still kill people??

Al Mahdi is coming fast, buh he will be destroyed by the brightness of our Lord Jesus Christ appearing, along with his master the Devil
Re: 28 Killed In Explosions At Ataturk Airport by Mcdondayan: 4:31am On Jun 29, 2016
I was So sad when I heard about that news yesterday. A very big, busy, and we'll organised Airport. There are places where the casualties would have been more than that number in that Airport.
OP the dead people are more than 50. I wonder what will motivate someone to strap a bomb around thyself.
The world is really messed up mhen......
Re: 28 Killed In Explosions At Ataturk Airport by Mcdondayan: 4:42am On Jun 29, 2016
nnachukz:
Why will you not say such a thing. Some of us could be very myopic.
First of all, human beings lost their lives, families lost bread winners, companions, children, and loved ones. So at least a little compassion would do.
Secondly Turkey is a country that serves as a major connection point between Africa, the western and eastern world. So there is a possibility that Nigerians could be involved in that incident.

I guess the saying "when the corpse of an unknown person is being , it looks like a log of wood" is so correct and clearly states what you are exhibiting at the moment.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Photo: President Of Gabon In Orphanage Home As A Small Boy / 25 Pictures That Will Blow Your Mind / PHOTOS: Kenyan Politician ‘grabs’ Completely Naked Woman In A Stream

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.