Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,650 members, 7,801,898 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:38 AM

Istanbul Ataturk Airport Attack: At Least 28 Dead And Dozens Injured - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Istanbul Ataturk Airport Attack: At Least 28 Dead And Dozens Injured (18632 Views)

Istanbul Ataturk Airport Attack: 36 Dead And More Than 140 Hurt / Istanbul Airport Attack / 28 Killed In Explosions At Ataturk Airport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Istanbul Ataturk Airport Attack: At Least 28 Dead And Dozens Injured by tolustx(m): 10:42pm On Jun 28, 2016
A gun and suicide bomb attack on Istanbul's Ataturk international airport has killed at least 28 people and injured up to 60.

The Istanbul governor gave the new toll after reports of 10 fatalities.

Up to three attackers were involved, with one reportedly opening fire with a Kalashnikov as they targeted an entry point to the terminal.

Recent bombings in Turkey have been linked to either Kurdish separatists or the so-called Islamic State group.

Tuesday's airport attack looks like a major, co-ordinated assault, says the BBC's Mark Lowen at the scene.

Ataturk airport was long seen as a vulnerable target, our correspondent says. There are X-ray scanners at the entry to the terminal but security checks for cars are limited.

Source: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-36658187
Re: Istanbul Ataturk Airport Attack: At Least 28 Dead And Dozens Injured by labamo07(m): 10:45pm On Jun 28, 2016
The world itself is not safe. Rip to the dead...........

2 Likes

Re: Istanbul Ataturk Airport Attack: At Least 28 Dead And Dozens Injured by agitator: 1:23am On Jun 29, 2016
Religion-of-PEACE
Rest In PEACE (to the dead) shocked shocked shocked

Nice way to convert people. : sad sad sad

40 Likes

Re: Istanbul Ataturk Airport Attack: At Least 28 Dead And Dozens Injured by ehiage27(m): 1:51am On Jun 29, 2016
Its so sad dat ISIS will not allow the world to rest. God help us all... religion of Peace indeed. After Orlando now Istanbul......

17 Likes

Re: Istanbul Ataturk Airport Attack: At Least 28 Dead And Dozens Injured by nitt: 10:39am On Jun 29, 2016
#PrayForTurkey
Re: Istanbul Ataturk Airport Attack: At Least 28 Dead And Dozens Injured by InfomejobsN: 10:39am On Jun 29, 2016
wink

Lord keep protecting us o

Check My Signature for Daily Job Info
Re: Istanbul Ataturk Airport Attack: At Least 28 Dead And Dozens Injured by Akinola660: 10:39am On Jun 29, 2016

3 Likes

Re: Istanbul Ataturk Airport Attack: At Least 28 Dead And Dozens Injured by DesChyko: 10:39am On Jun 29, 2016
RIP.. Victims of White Boko

1 Like

Re: Istanbul Ataturk Airport Attack: At Least 28 Dead And Dozens Injured by Psyrus(m): 10:39am On Jun 29, 2016
RIP to the dead, the kind thunder wey go fire those isis boys still day consult shango for baba Esu shrine
Re: Istanbul Ataturk Airport Attack: At Least 28 Dead And Dozens Injured by ThatNova(m): 10:40am On Jun 29, 2016
rip to the dead. it's so sad that the world has come to this, and I don't see this chaos ending in the coming centuries. I keep convincing myself that it's not a religious problem, I refuse to believe that Islam promotes violent.

3 Likes

Re: Istanbul Ataturk Airport Attack: At Least 28 Dead And Dozens Injured by Dongreat(m): 10:40am On Jun 29, 2016
Firstly RIP to the dead. The death toil has increased since reported yesterday. Please moderator be current in editing title so as to be professional.

Now you all know why Brexit works as Turkey is planning on joining the EU in 2020. Recently, Security is the main focus of the world and one should not joke with it. Imagine Turks of hardcore Islam origin entering the UK, Germany, France et al. with little checks according to EU policies. Disaster.

13 Likes

Re: Istanbul Ataturk Airport Attack: At Least 28 Dead And Dozens Injured by Nobody: 10:40am On Jun 29, 2016
islam as a religion should be banned. I wish someone can hack russians nuclear armory and direct it to d middle yeast nd North africa and nuke those savages called muslims. or better still Donald Trump shud lead a holocast againt muslims. disgusting beings

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Istanbul Ataturk Airport Attack: At Least 28 Dead And Dozens Injured by wristbangle: 10:40am On Jun 29, 2016
Very sad incident. Saw it in the news yesterday night.

1 Like

Re: Istanbul Ataturk Airport Attack: At Least 28 Dead And Dozens Injured by Nobody: 10:41am On Jun 29, 2016
on a lighter note

14 Likes

Re: Istanbul Ataturk Airport Attack: At Least 28 Dead And Dozens Injured by repogirl(f): 10:41am On Jun 29, 2016
Chai.....terrorists at work
Re: Istanbul Ataturk Airport Attack: At Least 28 Dead And Dozens Injured by Alvinnado(m): 10:41am On Jun 29, 2016
Is so sad seeing this kind of thing happen.....not only Nigeria everywhere explosion,the world is really coming to an end.......RIP to the dead,
Re: Istanbul Ataturk Airport Attack: At Least 28 Dead And Dozens Injured by nitt: 10:41am On Jun 29, 2016
for Isis to hit at muslims in the holy month, stresses further that thay are using Islam as pretext

These are not muslims

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Istanbul Ataturk Airport Attack: At Least 28 Dead And Dozens Injured by hpk(m): 10:42am On Jun 29, 2016
Somebody take me to mars, d.a.m.n this earth. wheeewww...
Re: Istanbul Ataturk Airport Attack: At Least 28 Dead And Dozens Injured by Abelpeters: 10:42am On Jun 29, 2016
never tell me bokoharam are in turkey? Rip to the dead.
Re: Istanbul Ataturk Airport Attack: At Least 28 Dead And Dozens Injured by wellmax(m): 10:42am On Jun 29, 2016
Islamabad

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Istanbul Ataturk Airport Attack: At Least 28 Dead And Dozens Injured by 2npe(m): 10:42am On Jun 29, 2016
When are we going to have rest of mind in this world of killing each other
Re: Istanbul Ataturk Airport Attack: At Least 28 Dead And Dozens Injured by dammytosh: 10:42am On Jun 29, 2016
Na wa with all this terrorists.
Re: Istanbul Ataturk Airport Attack: At Least 28 Dead And Dozens Injured by Ddonoflife(m): 10:43am On Jun 29, 2016
rip to d dead
Re: Istanbul Ataturk Airport Attack: At Least 28 Dead And Dozens Injured by iswallker(m): 10:43am On Jun 29, 2016
if i comment now they will ban me for 1 month.... undecided

ISIS are at it again...

dont ask me the meaning of ISIS... undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Istanbul Ataturk Airport Attack: At Least 28 Dead And Dozens Injured by Spells(m): 10:43am On Jun 29, 2016
Everything about the picture am seeing entails peacefulness n calmness.... Abi na calmness bomb explode? Pls let da picture n da message match... Am spells n am just here to make common sense. :*
Re: Istanbul Ataturk Airport Attack: At Least 28 Dead And Dozens Injured by dhakingpin(m): 10:43am On Jun 29, 2016
choii see dead body
Re: Istanbul Ataturk Airport Attack: At Least 28 Dead And Dozens Injured by Ddonoflife(m): 10:43am On Jun 29, 2016
lrguru:
h
for hyena
Re: Istanbul Ataturk Airport Attack: At Least 28 Dead And Dozens Injured by cr7lomo: 10:43am On Jun 29, 2016
This forum is gradually becoming a joke...u just reporting yesterdays news now... Same with the Lionel messi retirement story...seun, ur mods are becoming lazy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Istanbul Ataturk Airport Attack: At Least 28 Dead And Dozens Injured by alecyril: 10:44am On Jun 29, 2016
ok continue God is watching you
Re: Istanbul Ataturk Airport Attack: At Least 28 Dead And Dozens Injured by Ddonoflife(m): 10:44am On Jun 29, 2016
Dongreat:
R
for rat
Re: Istanbul Ataturk Airport Attack: At Least 28 Dead And Dozens Injured by uzo4real(m): 10:45am On Jun 29, 2016
ehiage27:
Its so sad dat ISIS will not allow the world to rest. God help us all... religion of Peace indeed. After Orlando now Istanbul......
Not only ISIS....Islam generally

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigeria, Others Consider Single Currency, Passport / How The War In Ukraine Affects Food Prices Everywhere / Russia's Parliament Passes Law Banning 'LGBT Propaganda' Among Adults

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.