Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,767 members, 7,806,106 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:30 AM

ONELGA Militants Sign Peace Deal In Rivers, Flaunt Their Guns - PICS - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ONELGA Militants Sign Peace Deal In Rivers, Flaunt Their Guns - PICS (73089 Views)

Photos Of Nigerian Soldiers Praying With Their Guns In The North / Soldiers Celebrate Christmas With Their Guns At A Church In Borno. Photos / Ondo Election: Candidates Sign Peace Agreement At INEC Office (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ONELGA Militants Sign Peace Deal In Rivers, Flaunt Their Guns - PICS by Nobody: 8:41am On Jun 29, 2016
Ugonnax:
I have been educating yorubaas for ages...to better know now that Igbos are the largest ethnic group in SS...so that when another civil war starts, they don't run into Igbo communities thinking they are "SS" communities...Lol. I grew up in Port Harcourt...it's an Igbo town! Ikwerre and Igbo are one!

See able-bodied men. I pity Nigeria if another civil war happens. See cult members like paramilitary force.

i keep sayin it ,,if pikin no meet incident e go @least hear history..go n find ojukwu last advice to ipod youths,,nid i say he was cryin lik a baby was you must realise is no b by physic,,6pack or fufu 4 chest igbo's flaunt all d time,,,yoruba tribe we r cunny n wise(ogbon ju agbara lor) with d northerners as a weapon 5% o'nii kuku nada!

2 Likes

Re: ONELGA Militants Sign Peace Deal In Rivers, Flaunt Their Guns - PICS by ibitzbarlow(m): 8:43am On Jun 29, 2016
HopeAtHand:

It is easy for you to stay on the internet and assume things. Come to Ikwerreland, Ogbaland and other Rivers 'Igbo' communities and live amongst them and see if you can understand the language they speak , learn firsthand how they feel about their 'Igboness' vis-a-vis their relationship with SEast Igbos and more importantly their sense of direction if Nigeria eventually splits.

When you learn these things, you come back and discuss United Nations.

You are spot-on. I guess you are a Rivers indigene or probably grew up in Rivers State. People mistake the cultural and lingual affinity of the Rivers igboid group to the Igbos as a bond but its rather the opposite. It is common knowledge in Port Harcourt that the average Ikwerreman distrusts the Igboman and tells you, if you care to listen, at any instance that he is not an Igbo.
The older ones will always tell you tales of marginalisation in the colonial era.

2 Likes

Re: ONELGA Militants Sign Peace Deal In Rivers, Flaunt Their Guns - PICS by Kizyte(m): 8:44am On Jun 29, 2016
dainformant:
even in the presence of military men, dem dey disturb o gra gra
Military men no be human being like them? cool
Re: ONELGA Militants Sign Peace Deal In Rivers, Flaunt Their Guns - PICS by Igboid: 8:44am On Jun 29, 2016
ibitzbarlow:

Stop misleading people and say what you know. Igbos are a minority in the South-South and not majority as you claim. The Ikwerre man does not see himself as an Igbo though they have cultural and linguistic affinity. As an aside, ONELGA ( Omoku and its environs) is not an Ikwerre enclave but rather consist of the Obas, Ndonis, Egbemas, Egis etc.

You are an ignorant man feigning knowledge. Which one is "Oba" ? You meant Ogba? And by the way, Egi is a clan in Ogba, just like Usomimi, and co.

ONELGA is not all about Omoku, ONELGA simply means. Ogba, Ndoni, Egbema, Local Government Area, Omoku represents only the Ogba sentiments, Omoku is in Ogba and happen to be the local government headquarters, but that does not mean that the Ogba man sentiments and feelings represents those of the Ndoni and Egbema, they are basically different people.

2 Likes

Re: ONELGA Militants Sign Peace Deal In Rivers, Flaunt Their Guns - PICS by fxlord2012: 8:45am On Jun 29, 2016
I REGRET BEING A NIGERIAN
Re: ONELGA Militants Sign Peace Deal In Rivers, Flaunt Their Guns - PICS by Kizyte(m): 8:46am On Jun 29, 2016
Justdulla:

Does the east have more arms than boko haram or the fulani...stop celebrating thrash dude,no one wants war but peace if u have nothing reasonable to comment ,then think of Fuel price...hyaaa
Bros na competition? grin
Re: ONELGA Militants Sign Peace Deal In Rivers, Flaunt Their Guns - PICS by msal2016: 8:46am On Jun 29, 2016
Ok.Militants or political torge.
Re: ONELGA Militants Sign Peace Deal In Rivers, Flaunt Their Guns - PICS by Nobody: 8:47am On Jun 29, 2016
Re: ONELGA Militants Sign Peace Deal In Rivers, Flaunt Their Guns - PICS by Nobody: 8:48am On Jun 29, 2016
This is the face of any Niger delta Republic. A gangsters paradise where honest people will fear to tread.

A state government that capitulates to thugs is telling the citizenry oyo.

How many people have been robbed, murdered rapeed and kidnapped by these strutting thugs?

You can bet the security deposit of Iocs in pH are sharing this information and issuing updated communiques.

No one should wail when there are negative travel advisories on ph

3 Likes

Re: ONELGA Militants Sign Peace Deal In Rivers, Flaunt Their Guns - PICS by BISIXCLUSIVE: 8:48am On Jun 29, 2016
doublewisdom:
Why are they wearing 'Igbo' caps?
Because that is there sign as good for noting people, empty barrels and old fools, gathering together to destroy there future and that of there generation,100years to come they will never get themselves right,useless set of slowpoke..... I HATE IGBO'S WITH PASSION. Quote against my post and thunder strike you (Vex mood).

2 Likes

Re: ONELGA Militants Sign Peace Deal In Rivers, Flaunt Their Guns - PICS by Abagworo(m): 8:50am On Jun 29, 2016
Igboid:
Ogba has a strong anti Igbo stance, but nothing as close as being Igbophobic like Ikwerre. The Ndoni has no problem with the Igbo tag, but will not go about telling the world that they are Igbos or feel angry if you address them as Igbos, the Egbema wears the Igbos tag with pride and calls itself Igbo.

That's the situation of things in ONELGA LGA of Rivers. I am a member of Ikwerre, Ogba Ndoni and Egbema Facebook groups and I can tell you the mindset of their average youths.

I'm glad seeing a sane Igbo man like myself. FYI Ikwerre sells land to Igbos but Ogba does not. They both speak languages mutually intelligible with Igbo language but distinct in their own way. Ogba has Benin or precisely Delta origin with marriage to Owerri woman while Ikwerre origin is more Easterly. Egbema is the only Igbo community in Onelga and alongside Asa and Ndoki make up the only 3 Igbo communities in Rivers State.

3 Likes

Re: ONELGA Militants Sign Peace Deal In Rivers, Flaunt Their Guns - PICS by ibitzbarlow(m): 8:52am On Jun 29, 2016
Ugonnax:

A yoruba man like you last week was flogged mercilessly by an Ikwerre man with koboko for saying this. True story! Come and say this in Port Harcourt...you will regret ever being a divisive yoruba man.

People like you exhibit their crass ignorance in public without shame. For your information, I am a Kalabari man. Born and bred in PortHarcourt. Lived with the Igbos and the Rivers Igboid tribes all my life so I say what I know. I dont make conjectures as you do.

#IamaRiversman#

2 Likes

Re: ONELGA Militants Sign Peace Deal In Rivers, Flaunt Their Guns - PICS by Pesuzok(m): 8:53am On Jun 29, 2016
OjukwuWarBird:

They should stop speaking our Igbo language, wearing our Igbo attires, practicing our Igbo culture etc

They should stop marrying Igbo women again

They should restore their Bini culture on themselves and marry Bini women angry
I am a full blooded igbo, I have interactions with some of these people. You claim Ogba is igbo, but in present day ogbaland, an igbo man cannot own a land there, and you want me to believe we will be one in Biafra. Prove how Biafra can survive with the present 5 SE states, then we can take you guys seriously. Rather than hoping to get land from Rivers and Delta. Egbema man said he is not Biafra and you guys think you can force them

If you are not Igbo stop acting like one grin
Re: ONELGA Militants Sign Peace Deal In Rivers, Flaunt Their Guns - PICS by Izonpikin: 9:00am On Jun 29, 2016
men see guns
Re: ONELGA Militants Sign Peace Deal In Rivers, Flaunt Their Guns - PICS by lordkhalifa(m): 9:00am On Jun 29, 2016
Why celebrating them Flaunting Guns when u knew u are not going to make use of it....

BOUGHT POO-HARI militants undecided
Re: ONELGA Militants Sign Peace Deal In Rivers, Flaunt Their Guns - PICS by Abagworo(m): 9:01am On Jun 29, 2016
Nigerians deserve to know where Don Wanny and Ndigbara have been hiding.

1 Like

Re: ONELGA Militants Sign Peace Deal In Rivers, Flaunt Their Guns - PICS by ibitzbarlow(m): 9:02am On Jun 29, 2016
Igboid:

You are an ignorant man feigning knowledge. Which one is "Oba" ? You meant Ogba? And by the way, Egi is a clan in Ogba, just like Usomimi, and co.

ONELGA is not all about Omoku, ONELGA simply means. Ogba, Ndoni, Egbema, Local Government Area, Omoku represents only the Ogba sentiments, Omoku is in Ogba and happen to be the local government headquarters, but that does not mean that the Ogba man sentiments and feelings represents those of the Ndoni and Egbema, they are basically different people.

Can u do a better job without throwing insults? For your information, Ogba though spelt as "Ogba", many Rivers people especially those from the Riverine (I happen to be one) call them "Oba" just as we call the Igbos, "Ibo". If you have interacted well in the state with the riverine peoples especially the Kalabaris you probably would have observed this.

So, I didnt call them "Oba" out of ignorance but out of my local knowledge of the people.

1 Like

Re: ONELGA Militants Sign Peace Deal In Rivers, Flaunt Their Guns - PICS by Rasque1759(m): 9:02am On Jun 29, 2016
is this really a country? Where someone is rulling? Cnt stop laughing..how can this be happening? No one is safe in this country..if this kind of shit keep happening
Re: ONELGA Militants Sign Peace Deal In Rivers, Flaunt Their Guns - PICS by Ugonnax: 9:02am On Jun 29, 2016
ericsmith:

i keep sayin it ,,if pikin no meet incident e go @least hear history..go n find ojukwu last advice to ipod youths,,nid i say he was cryin lik a baby was you must realise is no b by physic,,6pack or fufu 4 chest igbo's flaunt all d time,,,yoruba tribe we r cunny n wise(ogbon ju agbara lor) with d northerners as a weapon 5% o'nii kuku nada!

I try to read your comment 100x and still couldn't understand it. Are you a lunatic?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: ONELGA Militants Sign Peace Deal In Rivers, Flaunt Their Guns - PICS by Jok3r(m): 9:02am On Jun 29, 2016
dainformant:
even in the presence of military men, dem dey do gra gra

who b military men. wetim dem fit do
Re: ONELGA Militants Sign Peace Deal In Rivers, Flaunt Their Guns - PICS by Malawian(m): 9:04am On Jun 29, 2016
doublewisdom:
na wetin i be was ask o.
Re: ONELGA Militants Sign Peace Deal In Rivers, Flaunt Their Guns - PICS by Jok3r(m): 9:04am On Jun 29, 2016
SLIDEwaxie:
u shld ask the politicians who used them as political thugs

not just politicains... the boys are good to get them themselves.. they have contacts of were to gt d best
Re: ONELGA Militants Sign Peace Deal In Rivers, Flaunt Their Guns - PICS by Jok3r(m): 9:05am On Jun 29, 2016
mykemiley:
Chief Wike I hope say u don colect those ur guns back frm dem ooo..... Ogba people oya make una pack una load go back 2 una place.....

Story
Re: ONELGA Militants Sign Peace Deal In Rivers, Flaunt Their Guns - PICS by Porsches30: 9:06am On Jun 29, 2016
Oga if u see war u fit stay...,Kids will jstb running their mouths anyhow....Anofia
Re: ONELGA Militants Sign Peace Deal In Rivers, Flaunt Their Guns - PICS by Jok3r(m): 9:06am On Jun 29, 2016
ChangeIsCostant:
A peace move has been initiated in Ogba/Egbema/Ndoni LGA of Rivers State as known notorious cultists have embraced Amnesty for the sake of peace. The terrorist group known as ONELGA Militant Group have dropped their arms in a measure to embrace peace.

The group led by Don Wanny signed a peace agreement in the presence of the ONELGA Council chairman, Isaac Umejuru and ONELGA Peace Development Group headed by Bright Abali.

Source; http://www.nationalhelm.net/2016/06/notorious-cultists-flaunt-their-weapons.html

freedom fighters
Re: ONELGA Militants Sign Peace Deal In Rivers, Flaunt Their Guns - PICS by Abagworo(m): 9:09am On Jun 29, 2016
ibitzbarlow:

Can u do a better job without throwing insults? For your information, Ogba though spelt as "Ogba", many Rivers people especially those from the Riverine (I happen to be one) call them "Oba" just as we call the Igbos, "Ibo". If you have interacted well in the state with the riverine peoples especially the Kalabaris you probably would have observed this.

So, I didnt call them "Oba" out of ignorance but out of my local knowledge of the people.

Is Kalabari different from Ijaw?

1 Like

Re: ONELGA Militants Sign Peace Deal In Rivers, Flaunt Their Guns - PICS by playtheblues(f): 9:09am On Jun 29, 2016
Are you saying they should not be engaged?

Kagarko:

How many times do you want them engaged.

But my take on this is "They Are The Real Boko Haram Terrorist.

I have said it in the past. LIKE BOKO HARAM LIKE MILITANT.

Re: ONELGA Militants Sign Peace Deal In Rivers, Flaunt Their Guns - PICS by 52Naira(m): 9:10am On Jun 29, 2016
doublewisdom:
so you don't know that ONELGE LGA are Igbo.....do your research...
Re: ONELGA Militants Sign Peace Deal In Rivers, Flaunt Their Guns - PICS by Inova(m): 9:13am On Jun 29, 2016
ChangeIsCostant:
A peace move has been initiated in Ogba/Egbema/Ndoni LGA of Rivers State as known notorious cultists have embraced Amnesty for the sake of peace. The terrorist group known as ONELGA Militant Group have dropped their arms in a measure to embrace peace.

The group led by Don Wanny signed a peace agreement in the presence of the ONELGA Council chairman, Isaac Umejuru and ONELGA Peace Development Group headed by Bright Abali.

Source; http://www.nationalhelm.net/2016/06/notorious-cultists-flaunt-their-weapons.html

Quick way to reduce the monkey kingdom
1. Give a monkey a gun
2. Show him how to use it
3. Drop tons of guns with him to distribute
4. Watch him wipe his fellow monkey off the earth.
Re: ONELGA Militants Sign Peace Deal In Rivers, Flaunt Their Guns - PICS by MinCeteris: 9:15am On Jun 29, 2016
What a state, what a nation and what a government.

It is only in this country that criminals are celebrated.

That God we do not have access to Guinness book of records, so many wrong names would have entered the book for so many wrong reasons.

1 Like

Re: ONELGA Militants Sign Peace Deal In Rivers, Flaunt Their Guns - PICS by PraiseGyps(f): 9:17am On Jun 29, 2016
My lord.... See weapon! undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

President Buhari Meets Goodluck Jonathan (Photos) / Anambra Election: Soludo's Daughters Congratulate Him On His Victory (Photos) / Naval Officers Beat Up A Lady And Stripped Her - Watch Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.