Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,281 members, 7,807,944 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:19 PM

Nigeria’s Sovereignty Is Negotiable, Says Soyinka - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria’s Sovereignty Is Negotiable, Says Soyinka (28622 Views)

Nigerians Feel Less Secure Now Than Under Jonathan, Says Soyinka / Nigeria Is Negotiable, Say Soyinka, Dickson, Others / Nigeria’s Sovereignty Is Negotiable, Says Soyinka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria’s Sovereignty Is Negotiable, Says Soyinka by Nobody: 12:27pm On Jun 29, 2016
codedslayer:

Loudmouthed Yibhoe calling others hypocrite, disgusting double mouth people. You insult people for not supporting your biafra and still cursing them for supporting it. You ediots have no shame.
Do you support Biafra ? grin grin grin kiss kiss

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Sovereignty Is Negotiable, Says Soyinka by pippimp(m): 12:31pm On Jun 29, 2016
Ioannes:
I hope seun's moderators will not ban me AGAIN if I support omowe Soyinka on this.

the man is absolutely right.

I don't think a lot of people on NL really understood what he said.
Re: Nigeria’s Sovereignty Is Negotiable, Says Soyinka by Candyrain(m): 12:35pm On Jun 29, 2016
codedslayer:

Loudmouthed Yibhoe calling others hypocrite, disgusting double mouth people. You insult people for not supporting your biafra and still cursing them for supporting it. You ediots have no shame.

See one of the loudmouthed sophisticated cow@rds
Taaar run comot make I see better people.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Sovereignty Is Negotiable, Says Soyinka by tuscani: 1:10pm On Jun 29, 2016
NOW na this one dey wake up !. A society were morons are Barons, thieves are chief
Re: Nigeria’s Sovereignty Is Negotiable, Says Soyinka by MirabelArode(f): 1:14pm On Jun 29, 2016
Mrpoker:
Bubu will be Like:
Aloo 4rophesur Soyinka. I aaaahhh-zaahh read aah report that aah you aah zaa say our kwontiri izzi aah negatiatable aah, I zaah Small Boyi Nnamdi Kawnu aaah make you aah his pholower?
I wu ahh bhook a place in, ahh Kuje 4 you!!
I wu ahh Rather drawonu is ahh Lagwoon than aah negotiate our kwontiri soberiety; a wu make suuah I sent you to.... Aaah gel!!

lmao! grin
Re: Nigeria’s Sovereignty Is Negotiable, Says Soyinka by Solidrock5200: 1:51pm On Jun 29, 2016
The biggest fools in this country are the foolish tribes in the South: namely, the Igbos, the Yorubas, the Ijaws, etc. We continue to do what they British designed us for, which is to continue being divided, abusing and cursing ourselves while the North continues to unite and continue to enjoy the advantages over us. I am an Igbo man. I believe strongly that unity between all the tribes in the south will be far more profitable for all Nigeria as we will be better placed to put up a united front to ask for a restructured Nigeria where everyone will be happier as opposed to what we currently have on ground. Truth be told, the Yorubas are the ones that first asked for a confederation and the enshrining of the right of exit in our first constitution b4 independence. Zik remains to be blamed for opposing those noble positions. However, I think it is high time we in the south pause a little and reflect on what we have gained by antagonising ourselves. The Prof is 100 percent right.
I have always respected the man. It is because of the disunity in the south that is why very educated men like him will be on the sidelines while less educated ones rule and ruin the country. Igbos and Yorubas should wake up to their responsibility to this nation and stop bickering. We will be more useful to ourselves and the nation at large if we unite ourselves, conquer our suspicion, backstabbing of ourselves, and double standards. This will help us, Igbos, Yorubas, Ijaws and other ethnic nationalities in the south to be able to stand up against any injustice against any section of the country by condemning it without any bias and push for measures to redress such. United South Equals a just, united and peaceful prosperous Nigeria. ONE SOUTH.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Sovereignty Is Negotiable, Says Soyinka by Nobody: 2:19pm On Jun 29, 2016
pippimp:

I don't think a lot of people on NL really understood what he said.

I don't think a lot of people actually read the body of his speech. they only read the topic and flew off their handles.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Sovereignty Is Negotiable, Says Soyinka by Nobody: 2:32pm On Jun 29, 2016
basileze:
You are lazy so let me school you since you won't read, run a simple research you will discover that your Prof. Soyinka was equally jailed for two (2) years in Calabar for treason.

Prison is built for humans what's the big deal, the brave with strong ideologies fear no tyrant.

Both Prof. And Kanu are fighters with different strategies geared towards same result.

if I am lazy, then you are very slow. you typify what is popularly known as a slowpoke.

here's why:

1. I want something, same thing you want from the same person.

2. I study the person, negotiate and bargain my way to getting it.

3. You on the other hand stir up hatred, encourage your brothers to kill those who stand in your way of getting it, and you stockpile arms to forcibly collect it from the same person I cajoled to give me. in the process people die.

are we the same? NO.

can we ever be the same? NO.

I can see you are trying to lump Soyinka and Kanu together, I'm sure your next statement will tell us how Soyinka is actually an Igbo man...

I don't expect you to understand my reply.

But in the unlikely probability that you do, please spread the word to your people so you guys don't get hurt...AGAIN.

it will be terrible to lose 3million of you again.
Re: Nigeria’s Sovereignty Is Negotiable, Says Soyinka by Nobody: 2:40pm On Jun 29, 2016
This is a Straw man argument. The don stated clearly in this article that he supports decentralization, not disintegration. He may have supported Biafra in the past, but on the evidence of this article he wants true and fiscal federalism, so to imply he has aligned with Biafra cause is a fallacy, and therefore a Straw man argument
quid:

Now Soyinka said it, so Soyinka must have joined IPOD. grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria’s Sovereignty Is Negotiable, Says Soyinka by bezimo(m): 3:49pm On Jun 29, 2016
When a learned man is speaking on sensitive issues from an informed perspective, its always obvious.

Soyinka has giving credence to the need for true fedralism and decentralisation of government. But we know those guys up north are against it because they would be the worst losers should it happen having been a parasite region to other regions because they have nothing to fall to. All they offer is religious violence at the slightest provocation.

True fedralism is upon us and must be realised.The region that produce only groundnut and sugercane must sustain themselves with that and let other region sustain themselves with the resources found in their respective zones.

But why the increasing call for a centralisation of government and true fedralism under a Buhari led government. Its because he from a poor region of the country is obviously leading a highly divisive government that doest potray federal unity as evidenced by discrimating and segregating against people from the other more bouyant regions which never happened in previous democratic administrations, thus making people question if it is the Fedreal Republic of Nigeria or the Federal republic of daura.
Re: Nigeria’s Sovereignty Is Negotiable, Says Soyinka by 9japrof(m): 3:53pm On Jun 29, 2016
princey83:

Those are the last people that would negotiate nigeria breaking up. infact they would fight tooth and nail to keep it has one. If you are receiving over 30 million naira every 3/4months for sleeping in the National assembly and doing absolutely fck all, would you pray for nigeria to break up when you know there is also a possibility of coming back again like david mark.

Looks like you have a comprehension problem. No where in the article did Soyinka advocate for disintegration of the country. Disintegration and restructuring are two different words and has different meanings.

So when the nigga you were quoting was saying that the national assembly should negotiate our restructuring, he doesn't mean that they should negotiate our disintegration.
Re: Nigeria’s Sovereignty Is Negotiable, Says Soyinka by 9japrof(m): 4:07pm On Jun 29, 2016
Solidrock5200:
The biggest fools in this country are the foolish tribes in the South: namely, the Igbos, the Yorubas, the Ijaws, etc. We continue to do what they British designed us for, which is to continue being divided, abusing and cursing ourselves while the North continues to unite and continue to enjoy the advantages over us. I am an Igbo man. I believe strongly that unity between all the tribes in the south will be far more profitable for all Nigeria as we will be better placed to put up a united front to ask for a restructured Nigeria where everyone will be happier as opposed to what we currently have on ground. Truth be told, the Yorubas are the ones that first asked for a confederation and the enshrining of the right of exit in our first constitution b4 independence. Zik remains to be blamed for opposing those noble positions. However, I think it is high time we in the south pause a little and reflect on what we have gained by antagonising ourselves. The Prof is 100 percent right.
I have always respected the man. It is because of the disunity in the south that is why very educated men like him will be on the sidelines while less educated ones rule and ruin the country. Igbos and Yorubas should wake up to their responsibility to this nation and stop bickering. We will be more useful to ourselves and the nation at large if we unite ourselves, conquer our suspicion, backstabbing of ourselves, and double standards. This will help us, Igbos, Yorubas, Ijaws and other ethnic nationalities in the south to be able to stand up against any injustice against any section of the country by condemning it without any bias and push for measures to redress such. United South Equals a just, united and peaceful prosperous Nigeria. ONE SOUTH.

that unity is a pipe man's dream. I wish it was possible but a united south would be fought by our masters in the north
Re: Nigeria’s Sovereignty Is Negotiable, Says Soyinka by basileze: 4:13pm On Jun 29, 2016
Akintola, Premier Western Region and many others were also killed. Your problem is illiteracy so I can't really help you.

You are pathetic!
"I give up on You"

Ioannes:

if I am lazy, then you are very slow. you typify what is popularly known as a slowpoke.

here's why:

1. I want something, same thing you want from the same person.

2. I study the person, negotiate and bargain my way to getting it.

3. You on the other hand stir up hatred, encourage your brothers to kill those who stand in your way of getting it, and you stockpile arms to forcibly collect it from the same person I cajoled to give me. in the process people die.

are we the same? NO.

can we ever be the same? NO.

I can see you are trying to lump Soyinka and Kanu together, I'm sure your next statement will tell us how Soyinka is actually an Igbo man...

I don't expect you to understand my reply.

But in the unlikely probability that you do, please spread the word to your people so you guys don't get hurt...AGAIN.

it will be terrible to lose 3million of you again.
Re: Nigeria’s Sovereignty Is Negotiable, Says Soyinka by Nobody: 4:37pm On Jun 29, 2016
basileze:
Akintola, Premier Western Region and many others were also killed. Your problem is illiteracy so I can't really help you.

You are pathetic!
"I give up on You"

killed by who? Igbo coup plotters.

don't worry kiddo. you gonna learn that in history class when you get to SS1.

meanwhile why don't you get off the internet and go do your homework.
Re: Nigeria’s Sovereignty Is Negotiable, Says Soyinka by Nobody: 4:38pm On Jun 29, 2016
Oga don join the wailers but sorry Sire, wailers forms don finish. Next time pls?
Re: Nigeria’s Sovereignty Is Negotiable, Says Soyinka by Arijude(m): 5:28pm On Jun 29, 2016
Ioannes:

you think we are like you always yapping without pausing to think?

check the position of Yorubas overtime in this country and you will realise it aligns perfectly with that of the Professor.
iro lon pa. Why then do you guys threat us with war at the mention of Biafra?
Re: Nigeria’s Sovereignty Is Negotiable, Says Soyinka by Nobody: 5:42pm On Jun 29, 2016
Arijude:

Lol @ "iro lon pa"

nope I'm not lying.

trust me, no Yoruba person will stand in your way if you wanna leave the union.

But to start stockpiling arms and ammunitions, threatening and urging people to start ethnic cleansing? we will not stand for that.

there has been enough bloodshed in this country since the civil war, especially during the civil war.

you sound intelligent, do your research and find out the position of the Yoruba delegates in the National Conference set up by Jonathan concerning true federalism. then compare with the position held by the amiable Prof.
Re: Nigeria’s Sovereignty Is Negotiable, Says Soyinka by poseidon12: 6:19pm On Jun 29, 2016
Good one from Prof. Soyinka.
Re: Nigeria’s Sovereignty Is Negotiable, Says Soyinka by erinolu(m): 7:16pm On Jun 29, 2016
Fully Support the Prof on this. It is long over due for the government to continue playing the ostrich and pretend it is business as usual.

With the manner the calls for the restructuring of the country is coming, i don't see how the federal government can escape the heat.

The creeks at the Niger delta calls for the implementation of the 2014 report. The aged on the South West flank have called for this. The Learned ..have begun to call for it. The youths stretched from the south west to the South East have not relented their voice for this.

A time bomb.....that only the implementation of the 2014 Confab report can stop
Re: Nigeria’s Sovereignty Is Negotiable, Says Soyinka by ideykwum: 7:35pm On Jun 29, 2016
dearpreye:
There's no single country whose so-called sovereignty isn't negotiable. Democracy has no end; people must continue to renegotiate their coexistence, especially where the constitution was wickedly designed ab initio to frustrate, suffocate and thwart the growth of some other regions.

What's actually treasonable is when a people with no shared values and beliefs are forced together. Such entity must be continually sustained with violence, threats and bloodshed.

This is 2016. Every people must seek their own progress and happiness.

Nigeria's sovereignty is very much NEGOTIABLE. And it shall be negotiated very soon.

Insha Allah!!! It couldn't have been put better. Allah baka lafia!! Amin!!!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria’s Sovereignty Is Negotiable, Says Soyinka by ideykwum: 7:39pm On Jun 29, 2016
dearpreye:

How the likes of Prof Wole Soyinka, despite having read the 2014 Confab recommendations, still voted for the APC was the 10th wonder of the World.

Whether or not they like it, Nigeria must be restructured to reflect true federalism or risk another civil war in the coming years. The tension is high; the animosity amongst the different ethnic groups is feverish.

Nigeria has made even the most illustrious sing tribal songs in C flat.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Sovereignty Is Negotiable, Says Soyinka by Bitterleafsoup: 7:40pm On Jun 29, 2016
babadee1:

Jonathan had his chance to restructure but he totally failed to do so. Five and a half years is more than enough to set the ball rolling on restructuring Nigeria but nothing was done. Please don't try to rewrite history now. It won't work.

I remember you from last year talking the same rubbish.
Nothing was done but your Amechi is riding the the same trains he built taking pictures, when your own eye go clear IJN!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Sovereignty Is Negotiable, Says Soyinka by cupidhero(m): 8:47pm On Jun 29, 2016
Why should issues like secession bring out the worst in people? All i see is nàked hate once issues like this is raised. smh. As we speak Texans just revived their dreams of being seperate from Uncle Sam after the successful Brexit campaign with the hashtag "#Texit" and going through the comment sections pf some news pages i see New Yorkers and folks from other states showing nothing but hate and envy to every Texan in sight. God help una.
Re: Nigeria’s Sovereignty Is Negotiable, Says Soyinka by babadee1(m): 9:22pm On Jun 29, 2016
Bitterleafsoup:

I remember you from last year talking the same rubbish.
Nothing was done but your Amechi is riding the the same trains he built taking pictures, when your own eye go clear IJN!

Are we still talking about restructuring Nigeria or has the topic now been changed to trains? And what's my own with Amaechi? I don't think I've ever mentioned him in any of my posts on this forum. You're the one who seems to be obsessed with your Amaechi. Your own eye no fit clear lai lai. There's no point trading comments with biased elements like you.
Re: Nigeria’s Sovereignty Is Negotiable, Says Soyinka by PreyingMantis(m): 9:37pm On Jun 29, 2016
SeverusSnape:
Why Is Soyinka saying this

Has he joined Ipod youths

^^^ These are the kinds of questions zombies ask.
Soyinka is from Uganda.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Sovereignty Is Negotiable, Says Soyinka by Bitterleafsoup: 9:38pm On Jun 29, 2016
babadee1:

Are we still talking about restructuring Nigeria or has the topic now been changed to trains? And what's my own with Amechi? I don't think I've ever mentioned him in any of my posts on this forum. You're the one who seems to be obsessed with your Amechi. Your own eye no fit clear lai lai. There's no point trading coymments with biased elements like you.

Reconstruction, oh so taking the agriculture from almost nothing to the cover of Forbes magazine is childs play. Building and reconstructing airports is something this Administration can not even think of.
Show me one dime how the fight of corruption has benefited you suffer heads.

What has this Administration ever showed you to make you continue this undying support. If you don't hold uour officials accountable you are part ofthe problem.

Point to any clear policy or agenda besides fight corruption. Don't be
Re: Nigeria’s Sovereignty Is Negotiable, Says Soyinka by logica(m): 10:52pm On Jun 29, 2016
Arijude:
Which Yoruba person threatened you when you mention Biafra? Please put your action where your mouth is and move already. Make Biafra a reality. Too much talk.
Re: Nigeria’s Sovereignty Is Negotiable, Says Soyinka by decomaniaboss(f): 12:33am On Jun 30, 2016
SeverusSnape:
Why Is Soyinka saying this

Has he joined Ipod youths

^^^ These are the kinds of questions zombies ask.
exactly....this man talk well,at someone that has no ethnic issue
Re: Nigeria’s Sovereignty Is Negotiable, Says Soyinka by decomaniaboss(f): 12:40am On Jun 30, 2016
quote author=Mrpoker post=47028431]Bubu will be Like:
Aloo 4rophesur Soyinka. I aaaahhh-zaahh read aah report that aah you aah zaa say our kwontiri izzi aah negatiatable aah, I zaah Small Boyi Nnamdi Kawnu aaah make you aah his pholower?
I wu ahh bhook a place in, ahh Kuje 4 you!!
I wu ahh Rather drawonu is ahh Lagwoon than aah negotiate our kwontiri soberiety; a wu make suuah I sent you to.... Aaah gel!![/quote] grin grin
Re: Nigeria’s Sovereignty Is Negotiable, Says Soyinka by babadee1(m): 1:56am On Jun 30, 2016
Bitterleafsoup:

Reconstruction, oh so taking the agriculture from almost nothing to the cover of Forbes magazine is childs play. Building and reconstructing airports is something this Administration can not even think of.
Show me one dime how the fight of corruption has benefited you suffer heads.

What has this Administration ever showed you to make you continue this undying support. If you don't hold uour officials accountable you are part ofthe problem.

Point to any clear policy or agenda besides fight corruption. Don't be

You cannot tell me Buhari is bad but Jonathan is good. That's an insult to my intelligence and to the intelligence of anyone who has been awake for the last 6 or 7 years. We know what Jonathan did and failed to do. Over a billion naira was spent on a conference and the report was hidden. Only to be released when the elections came around with the promise of implementing it.
Any one who says Jonathan was better for the restructuring of Nigeria is being economical with the truth. That's my point and anything else is a distraction.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Bukola Saraki Meets With Albino Foundation (Photos) / Tanko Yakasai: Amotekun Will Promote SouthWest, Southeast, Southsouth Secession / Diezani Alison-Madueke: Magu Failed To Cooperate With UK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.