Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,352 members, 7,808,231 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:10 AM

NYSC Ogun State; The “5 Star” Camp - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / NYSC Ogun State; The “5 Star” Camp (7820 Views)

Nysc Ogun State;plz Share Your Experiences Concernning The State Allowance. / Taraba State: The Worst Place To Serve (NYSC) / Nysc Ogun 2016 Batch B, Join This Thread!!!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NYSC Ogun State; The “5 Star” Camp by Edwin015(m): 6:31am On Jun 29, 2016
Not too long from now, on this day, 29th of June, 2016, my colleagues and I in NYSC batch A stream 2 would pass out from the orientation camp and be sent to our various places of primary assignment were we are expected to live up to the cardinal objectives of the said program. Although the NYSC program has been fraught with over flogged controversies where most people are weary of its continuous importance in nation building, given some arguable challenges, others are also focused on what the allowances both the federal and state level would be like. My experience in Ogun State NYSC camp really took an exceptional view.

Notwithstanding many ugly stories I read online about NYSC camps which may be true in most states on the devastating experiences and dilapidated surroundings, the infrastructures, camp environment, management and staff of NYSC Ogun State are simply fascinating. The management is so devoted in their responsibilities that one wonders how a government institution exudes such diligence that is near perfection. Although we find indolence and nonchalance in every institution but the greater percentage of the people here are just superb. The military men in charge of our physical training would confront you with such ferocity and fury but amidst their fierce approach which is necessary comes the most dramatic and comic personalities you would want to spend all your days with. No wonder our camp commandant Capt. Pedro received such a thunderous standing ovation on the day we took our oath of allegiance. His jokes can make you laugh yourself into exhaustion but you must not disobey his orders. Mr. A. J Afolayan, our state coordinator is such a gentle man whose smiles and charismatic approach would compel you to abide by the rules of the camp with every sense of obligation. On a personal note which I am sure, I also hold the views of the majority of the corps members here, the staff and managements are fabulously making the federal government proud.

The camp environment and the infrastructures are outstanding. The level of neatness is just epic. Despite some minor complaints which are not fundamental (no one expects maximum level of the comfort one gets at home here), you would never look forward to seeing such convergence in a public institution. Everywhere is spotlessly neat. There is steady water supply. Power supply is national issue but the camp coordinators are aptly diligent in giving us light when the onus falls on them. I don’t expect the food to be like that of my mother but they do their best. Provision of three square meals for more than 3,000 persons on daily bases for not less than 18 days must be fraught with some challenges. Above all, there are no regrets finding myself in the prestigious “5 star” NYSC camp, Ogun State.

On a final note, I enjoin the youths of our beloved country to still reserve in the recess of their mind the belief that we still have good people out here in our society who are firmly committed to the growth and development of our great nation, Nigeria. Unfortunately, the wicked and bad ones would always seem to overshadow the good ones but it is always temporary.

I leave you with the words of Steve Jobs, the founder of Apple in his famous commencement lecture at Stamford University which he says: “… your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma- which is living with the result of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of other’s opinion drown out your own inner voice. And most importantly, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.”

Long live our youth
Long live NYSC
Long live Ogun State
Long live Federal Republic of Nigeria.

Ugwuodo Edwin Chukwunonso

National Youth Service Corps member, Batch A, Stream 2, 2016.

https://mobile.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1200413599991868&id=100000697180534&ref=bookmarks

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NYSC Ogun State; The “5 Star” Camp by SirHenry105(m): 8:10am On Jun 29, 2016
My bro is also a corp member in Ogun state, same stream as the op and he've been saying nice things about 5 star camp too. I'm tempted to come see things for myself now after reading this.

Batch B PCM...

2 Likes

Re: NYSC Ogun State; The “5 Star” Camp by Dottune(m): 9:16am On Jun 29, 2016
Lovely!

1 Like

Re: NYSC Ogun State; The “5 Star” Camp by Taeewo(m): 12:51pm On Jun 29, 2016
Pic
Re: NYSC Ogun State; The “5 Star” Camp by Fraih(f): 8:20pm On Jun 29, 2016
Yes... I can testify also.

Ogun state camp is one of a kind, I tell you.

1 Like

Re: NYSC Ogun State; The “5 Star” Camp by Greyworld: 6:56am On Jun 30, 2016
Fraih:
Yes... I can testify also.

Ogun state camp is one of a kind, I tell you.
Are yu also in ogun?
Re: NYSC Ogun State; The “5 Star” Camp by ibukunadekanbi: 4:13pm On Jun 30, 2016
Pls address to ogun state secretariat. Pls it urgent ogun corl member. Coper weee oooo. Thanks
Re: NYSC Ogun State; The “5 Star” Camp by Taeewo(m): 5:37pm On Jun 30, 2016
Ikenne Sagamu Ogun beside Gateway Stadium
ibukunadekanbi:
Pls address to ogun state secretariat. Pls it urgent ogun corl member. Coper weee oooo. Thanks
Re: NYSC Ogun State; The “5 Star” Camp by Fraih(f): 3:03pm On Jul 02, 2016
Greyworld:

Are yu also in ogun?
Yes, I am.
Re: NYSC Ogun State; The “5 Star” Camp by Greyworld: 3:42pm On Jul 02, 2016
Fraih:

Yes, I am.
OK. Dats kul didn't knw. I am in abeokuta north. House is d ish 4 nw. Wat abt yu?
Re: NYSC Ogun State; The “5 Star” Camp by Fraih(f): 12:33pm On Jul 03, 2016
Greyworld:

OK. Dats kul didn't knw. I am in abeokuta north. House is d ish 4 nw. Wat abt yu?
Ohh, alright.
I was with stream 1, so I'm settled...here in sagamu.
Re: NYSC Ogun State; The “5 Star” Camp by Greyworld: 1:41pm On Jul 03, 2016
Fraih:

Ohh, alright.
I was with stream 1, so I'm settled...here in sagamu.
Okay! Hope I get settled soon. Happy sunday

1 Like

Re: NYSC Ogun State; The “5 Star” Camp by Sunexy(m): 6:34am On Jul 04, 2016
Dats our able lawyer...I miss the camp tho
cry
Re: NYSC Ogun State; The “5 Star” Camp by barackodam: 7:58am On Jul 04, 2016
Sunexy:
Dats our able lawyer...I miss the camp tho
cry

grin grin grin grin grin

Oya sorry smiley
Re: NYSC Ogun State; The “5 Star” Camp by Samscoz(m): 2:38pm On Jul 04, 2016
some one said pics here are some::

Re: NYSC Ogun State; The “5 Star” Camp by Samscoz(m): 2:41pm On Jul 04, 2016
more

Re: NYSC Ogun State; The “5 Star” Camp by Samscoz(m): 2:43pm On Jul 04, 2016
and me

Re: NYSC Ogun State; The “5 Star” Camp by peehjay(f): 8:19am On Jul 06, 2016
that's true,I missed the camp too, 5 star camp indeed.
Re: NYSC Ogun State; The “5 Star” Camp by CandiceJay(f): 3:09pm On Jul 20, 2016
Best Camp ever. Miss all stream2 corp members

(1) (Reply)

Nysc 2017 Batch B / Food Companies That Accept Corper In Ogun State. / Police Arrest 2 Miscreants In Kano For Gang-Desecrating NYSC Member

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.