Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,866 members, 7,802,787 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:36 PM

Yahaya Bello Barred From Traveling Abroad, Ordered To Return Home - Kogi Reports - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yahaya Bello Barred From Traveling Abroad, Ordered To Return Home - Kogi Reports (36422 Views)

Emeka Ephraim Ugwuonye Barred From Legal Practice In Nigeria / Suspended DG NIA Weeps, Barred From Aso Rock / EFCC: We Stopped Sunday Karim From Traveling Abroad Over Arms Scandal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yahaya Bello Barred From Traveling Abroad, Ordered To Return Home - Kogi Reports by ayaha: 11:45am On Jun 29, 2016
He bought 2016 Mbenz for zarah buhari? That is equivalent of how many civil servants salary.

vicyjoe:
eagle eyes are watching you,you think buying 2016 Mercedes Benz for buhari daughter will make you a super governor ,the Baba you went to ,that promise you that you'll marry the daughter of buhari ,he is my uncle

1 Like

Re: Yahaya Bello Barred From Traveling Abroad, Ordered To Return Home - Kogi Reports by Achuwa1(m): 11:49am On Jun 29, 2016
lol...when they said Aisha buhari influenced the judges tht made him win his election case,i never daunted it.
so Aisha buhari bedmate nw wants to go & join her at the hajj to finish work on her coz buhari is too weak to do tht at his age.
Buhari being a sharp guy coded the moves & blocked the guy from going to meet Aisha in saudi arabia.
u see why is not gud for a young lady to marry someone tht is old enough to be her father.

1 Like

Re: Yahaya Bello Barred From Traveling Abroad, Ordered To Return Home - Kogi Reports by Aviero: 11:55am On Jun 29, 2016
mondob2k:

Know nothing? I pity u and all those who liked your comment. mumu na una be. ask who is Hon Simon Achuba in Kogi State. And also no appropriate agency abi? No Ministry of Finance and what is the work of the Commissioner.
Use.less Zombie
Pity yourself.

WTF is he travelling to when students in Kogi State University are on strike, when lecturers are yet to be paid?

WTF is he travelling to when Banks in Idah LG are shut down?

You're not directly affected by all these, hence your useless comment.

Leaders look for means to solve pressing issues, and not going for some pilgrimage with tax payers' money.

Bloody wailer!

1 Like

Re: Yahaya Bello Barred From Traveling Abroad, Ordered To Return Home - Kogi Reports by nobodysmanrob(m): 11:56am On Jun 29, 2016
Greatfuture:
By John Akubo, Lokoja | 29 June 2016 |
Piqued by the Kogi State Government’s new policy, stopping patronage of some banks in the state, 14 commercial banks yesterday, suspended services to customers as a form of protest.
The Guardian findings revealed that the affected commercial banks took the decision in protest against the state government’s decision to open unsolicited salary accounts for civil servants in Zenith and Access Banks.
The action, it was gathered has put the affected banks in difficult situation, who lamented that the decision would make it difficult for them to recover their facilities from civil servants who hitherto banked with them.
Many customers were stranded when they came to do business at their various banks yesterday, as they were turned back, leaving only Access and Zenith Banks attending to civil servants.
The organised labour had earlier embarked on strike on Monday over alleged “imposition of strange and unsolicited salary bank account on workers by the government in utter disregard to established civil service rules.”
Other grievances leveled against the government include, “imposition of new PAYE regime on workers, non payment of salaries to local government workers, pensioners, core civil servants and non implementation of 100% minimum wage to primary school teachers.”
When The Guardian went round the capital city the banks; GuarantyTrust, UBA, Sterling, Fidelity, First Bank, EcoBank, Union, WEMA, Skye Banks, Diamond, FCMB, Unity and Stambic IBTC were all under lock and key.
Customers with their ATM cards queued up to try withdrawing from the machines that were bogged down by network issues.The combined strike of labour and the commercial banks has practically grounded both government and commercial activities in the state.
A customer in one of the banks, Joel Usman said the strike was justifiable on the grounds that a lot of civil servants whose salary accounts were in those banks had collected facilities using their salary accounts as security or collaterals with the knowledge and consent of their employer.
At a forum recently where the issue came up, Governor Yahaya Bello explained that the bailout fund received by state governments was the result of the Federal Government standing surety for them to approach deposit money banks for facilities.
In other words, against the generally held impression that the Federal Government has always doled out these funds from its coffers, it essentially provided a guarantee for the loan facility to would-be lenders, in favour of the state government.
According to him, “Due to the prevailing economic situation, cash reserves of commercial banks domiciled with the Central Bank of Nigeria, were currently competing for so many pressing needs simultaneously, making it increasingly difficult for the banks to finance loan facilities, especially long-term ones.
“Access and Zenith Banks were however able to step up to the plate when the state approached them. They made the first tranche of the state’s bailout funds available, but on one condition. The condition was that the funds remain domiciled in their banks.”
The organized labour had directed workers to stay away from work. But in defiance, investigations showed that workers reported for duty and signed the mandatory attendance register ordered by government.
The Commissioner of Information, Muhammed Away Imam disclosed at the secretariat that the workers came to work, adding many of them were suffering from divided loyalty.
See confusion. Smh
Re: Yahaya Bello Barred From Traveling Abroad, Ordered To Return Home - Kogi Reports by haqun: 12:05pm On Jun 29, 2016
Nobody is saying witch hunting because it's APC vs APC. It's not about politics now. Haa nairalanders!!!!!
Re: Yahaya Bello Barred From Traveling Abroad, Ordered To Return Home - Kogi Reports by PatchBoy(m): 12:25pm On Jun 29, 2016
Thank you VP for fighting for Kogi people. Yahaya Bello for don die for turkey bomb blast if allowed to travel abroad. Useless governors! Ur days are numbered

1 Like

Re: Yahaya Bello Barred From Traveling Abroad, Ordered To Return Home - Kogi Reports by bayulll011(m): 12:26pm On Jun 29, 2016
IVORY2009:
If this news/write-up is true, den our democracy is in real trouble, we have to do something urgent, otherwise dictatorship would be the order of the day in this great nation of ours, I still can not believe the source, until Vanguard, Guardian, Thisday newspaper etc carries the news, I refuse to believe.

shut ur mouth jooor what has ur democracy offered u since inceptions apart from allowing some silly people to loot us dry,are u unintelligent or just decide to be silllly,the guy was not cleared to travel base on the unrest in his state and he want to travel to hajjj Abi,no wonder this nation is backward with reasoning like this

1 Like

Re: Yahaya Bello Barred From Traveling Abroad, Ordered To Return Home - Kogi Reports by fakati(m): 12:29pm On Jun 29, 2016
Nice one
Re: Yahaya Bello Barred From Traveling Abroad, Ordered To Return Home - Kogi Reports by juwoonn(m): 12:35pm On Jun 29, 2016
mondob2k:
Na wa o. Even former Military Heads of States go fear the this regime.

I thought there is freedom of movement... What crime did he commit?
Do they knw the instructions he left with his deputy and the appriopriate agency?

Buhari face ur own work. Our Economy is dying.

modified: FTC again. 2nd time in my nairaland 'career'....
nothing really special sha.
Dedicated to those still struggling to make FTC

What are you saying?
I am a civil servant in Kogi state and the last time I received a salary was February besides the screening result is out and I was successful whereas some people failed the screening and got 3 months payment. Only half of the staffs in my office got the said 3 months salary. We are on strike now. Let the Governor stay and settle the problem in the state. Does he even know people are hungry. Why pay only half of your staffs 3 months salary while the remaining half remains in the same office without a penny.
It doesn't make sense at all.
If all you can pay is one month, why not pay it across.
Where are the allocations since March? Where is the 20B bail out funds?
I don't just understand.

1 Like

Re: Yahaya Bello Barred From Traveling Abroad, Ordered To Return Home - Kogi Reports by phemmyutd(m): 12:51pm On Jun 29, 2016
ogene007:

The question is 'does the president have the constitutional powers to stop a sitting governor from travelling'. That is the pertinent question this whole issue if true, is raising. It is important to note that the unrestrained exercise of power is the classical definition on tyranny. If the President has overstepped his boundaries, that is clearly a ground for impeachment of the President. Can someone take an oath with the Koran to abide by the provisions of the 1999 constitution during the swearing in exercise, and then turn around less than 14 months into his tenure to start denigrating the constitution which is the only basis for him to be in Aso-Rock. Would the President claim not to know what was in the constitution when he was taking his oath of office? It is important for the national assembly and judiciary to synergize in rising up to their responsibilities in the defense of our constitutional democracy before anarchy becomes the order of the day.

Really

I hope you said the same thing to Jonathan when he was busy doing his own against Amaechi and co.
Re: Yahaya Bello Barred From Traveling Abroad, Ordered To Return Home - Kogi Reports by Nobody: 12:53pm On Jun 29, 2016
THIS IS GOOD.HOW MANY OF THESE PEOPLE HAVE NO CONSCIENCE.WHAT PRAYER YOU WANT GOD TO ANSWER WHEN PEOPLE YOU ARE TO MAKE LIVE EASY FOR ARE NOT BEING PAID.THE LITTLE MONEY LEFT IN THE STATE COVERS YOU WANT TO BLOW IT ON A USELESS JOURNEY.

1 Like

Re: Yahaya Bello Barred From Traveling Abroad, Ordered To Return Home - Kogi Reports by bashydemy1: 12:53pm On Jun 29, 2016
mondob2k:
Na wa o. Even former Military Heads of States go fear the this regime.

I thought there is freedom of movement... What crime did he commit?
Do they knw the instructions he left with his deputy and the appriopriate agency?

Buhari face ur own work. Our Economy is dying.

modified: FTC again. 2nd time in my nairaland 'career'....
nothing really special sha.
Dedicated to those still struggling to make FTC

Do you know he is an APC Governor and a strong APC member? Do you know he is a loyalist of Buhari, Tinubu and APC? But this Govt won't tolerate nonsense. Do you bother to read the reason why he was denied traveling? He was ask to go and pay workers salaries in his state..

If this happen to be a PDP Governor, NL would have been shutdown.. This is a sign for you that if you don't setlle your home you will be deny traveling... Fayose etc take note...

If the presidency can deny her own person, who the hell is fayose and co.

1 Like

Re: Yahaya Bello Barred From Traveling Abroad, Ordered To Return Home - Kogi Reports by Osezzua(m): 12:55pm On Jun 29, 2016
haqun:
Nobody is saying witch hunting because it's APC vs APC. It's not about politics now. Haa nairalanders!!!!!

Do not let anybody fool U. D target is not Gov Bello. This is a grand plan to execute d grand scheme of restricting movement of specific Governors.

If u remember some weeks ago, there was a rumour that D government plans to restrict some serving Governors from travelling outside d country (d FG has not denied this). By this action, they intend to set precedence such that when their threats are being executed, n any of the Governors starts protesting, then they can make reference to this case.
Re: Yahaya Bello Barred From Traveling Abroad, Ordered To Return Home - Kogi Reports by bashydemy1: 12:59pm On Jun 29, 2016
ozoemenaca:
Its like this administration don't even know their boundary in a democratic setting, it is just a pity. How can you just apply an undue influence on another tier of government forcing them as if you are in a military era. I think this Buhari government needs some orientation on governance.
Please say only what you know, if things goes wrong the will blame the FG more abi who you dey b;lame since? President has the power no declare a no fly anybody. Now are you telling me if a sitting shoot and kill someone, The President should fold hhis arm and watch him because he has immunity? Nonsense.
Re: Yahaya Bello Barred From Traveling Abroad, Ordered To Return Home - Kogi Reports by bashydemy1: 1:04pm On Jun 29, 2016
lordkhalifa:
Restriction of movement in progress, while libya fulani herdsman are allowed to toured entire southern region without hindrance...

All Hail KING POO-HARI
Hmm see this yeye boy ooo, If the guy was allow to travel now you and your likes will flood this thread saying APC Governor is owning state workers salary and go for lesser hajj, FG stop him from going except he clear the state salaries again na wahala...

time for impunity is over wherer Governors will think they can do anyhow.

1 Like

Re: Yahaya Bello Barred From Traveling Abroad, Ordered To Return Home - Kogi Reports by Originalsly: 1:09pm On Jun 29, 2016
Hmmm....very good move!.... they should find a reason to lock him up and face sufferation ...then maybe...just maybe he would be a bit human.

2 Likes

Re: Yahaya Bello Barred From Traveling Abroad, Ordered To Return Home - Kogi Reports by Nobody: 1:25pm On Jun 29, 2016
Jidefido:

Funny you. But change that OT if not God won't make you even a LG councillor

God allowed Buhari to be president ...... why should mine be any different? ?
Re: Yahaya Bello Barred From Traveling Abroad, Ordered To Return Home - Kogi Reports by Mylove55(f): 1:28pm On Jun 29, 2016
Lescalier:

Salary has no business with this. The master doesn't just want anyone to compete with him on international travels.
Talking about owing salary, where do you work? I work in a federal govt parastatal, to be precise, a parastatal under the ministry of Sci and tec, and I'm being owed.
u must be an ipod, is only pple from that end that wail, even if fg paid pple from that region x2 of their salary, ipod like u wil stil wail, becos u pple are program to wail fo
https://www.nairaland.com/politics

1 Like

Re: Yahaya Bello Barred From Traveling Abroad, Ordered To Return Home - Kogi Reports by olamide215: 1:35pm On Jun 29, 2016
I keep asking myself what is wrong with this yeye bello they call governor.he doesn't know u don't use strong head to rule,he is so full of himself. Pride cometh before destruction.
Re: Yahaya Bello Barred From Traveling Abroad, Ordered To Return Home - Kogi Reports by machinery1: 1:45pm On Jun 29, 2016
chimah3:
We should also bar Buhari from travelling! After all he had done nothing for us!!! undecided

Ibo man, The governor with no deputy is owing salaries despite receiving bail out funds, yet he is rushing to Mecca and you see nothing wrong in this bullshit. Interesting.
Re: Yahaya Bello Barred From Traveling Abroad, Ordered To Return Home - Kogi Reports by americanigga(m): 2:13pm On Jun 29, 2016
chimah3:
We should also bar Buhari from travelling! After all he had done nothing for us!!! undecided

Is your brain correct? Do you know what it means to be the president of a country?
Re: Yahaya Bello Barred From Traveling Abroad, Ordered To Return Home - Kogi Reports by Nobody: 3:05pm On Jun 29, 2016
thunder74:

An elected governor in a federating state? Can't believe I am reading this. He is not a minister or an appointee of the President. He is the head of a federating state. The presidency does not have the power.

The President is in charge of the country's borders, remember when GEJ stopped Amaechi from entering Ekiti State? Why do you think the Governor went to see the VP for approval before travelling? Moreover everybody's passport is a property of the government.
Re: Yahaya Bello Barred From Traveling Abroad, Ordered To Return Home - Kogi Reports by Charly68: 3:06pm On Jun 29, 2016
Abelpeters:
waka@ waka gorvernor. What are they looking for?
Kogi has entered one chance bus. The man to me is a big fool for defiling the counsel of his elder. What does he take the VP to be ? Does he think the man is working alone ? Kogi is boiling,yet he could afford to go for lesser hajj.
Re: Yahaya Bello Barred From Traveling Abroad, Ordered To Return Home - Kogi Reports by ceaser: 3:34pm On Jun 29, 2016
Kassidy90:
Everyone is commending the the Presidency now but if it were to be PDP Governor.... Hmmm

witch-hunt!!!

1 Like

Re: Yahaya Bello Barred From Traveling Abroad, Ordered To Return Home - Kogi Reports by ceaser: 3:45pm On Jun 29, 2016
Osezzua:

Do not let anybody fool U. D target is not Gov Bello. This is a grand plan to execute d grand scheme of restricting movement of specific Governors.

If u remember some weeks ago, there was a rumour that D government plans to restrict some serving Governors from travelling outside d country (d FG has not denied this). By this action, they intend to set precedence such that when their threats are being executed, n any of the Governors starts protesting, then they can make reference to this case.

Fáyòsé has been barred from travelling. I'm sure the reason for that is very tenable. I don't see Anambra state governor or Lagos Ambode being denied clearance to travel based on inability to pay salaries or crises in their state.

So please, at least let these governors know the import of peace and tranquility back home as a determinant of their own peace and freedom. Yorùbás have an adage: Ìròrùn eku n'ìròrùn eiye"

Freedom and peace for the house rat is dependent on the satiation of the predator bird.

He is not going on a working visit that may contribute to the growth in his state, but for lesser hajj! Who does that? In saner climes, a governor that fails his constitutional duty of payment of wages(if proven avoidable) will be impeached. But as the people are more or less disabled from doing that by weak institutions, please let the centre come to their aid. Cameron never even do reach 1/10th of this before he voluntarily tendered his resignation.
Re: Yahaya Bello Barred From Traveling Abroad, Ordered To Return Home - Kogi Reports by sammhi(m): 4:09pm On Jun 29, 2016
I dont know why we support illegality, lawlessnes and abuse of human right in this country
if the story about Kogi governor is true, PMB has no powers to do that. it is pure lawlessness on his part
only Kogi house of assembly should pass such resolution and make Pmb to act on it ...
when shall learn to do things right ?
alternatively, PMB can invite him to aso rock and discuss with him and pass the message to him....
PMB is breaking the law and yet some are praising him..too bad and a big shame
Re: Yahaya Bello Barred From Traveling Abroad, Ordered To Return Home - Kogi Reports by Nobody: 4:27pm On Jun 29, 2016
SirJeffry:
Religion religion religion, that's the only thing people take seriously in that country.

His state is burning but pilgrimage seems to be more important to the 1diot.
Lolsss
Re: Yahaya Bello Barred From Traveling Abroad, Ordered To Return Home - Kogi Reports by olamur(m): 6:31pm On Jun 29, 2016
[b][/b]
Are u RETAR.DED?

You have spoken, but you don't need to insult me. ........."ARE YOU RETARDED"... .....i said my view n u gave urs. Start to inculcate habit of expressing urself in a good manner.

Are u RETAR.DED?

You have spoken, but you don't need to insult me. ........."ARE YOU RETARDED"... .....i said my view n u gave urs. Start to inculcate habit of expressing urself in a good manner.

Are u RETAR.DED?

Re: Yahaya Bello Barred From Traveling Abroad, Ordered To Return Home - Kogi Reports by lordkhalifa(m): 7:31pm On Jun 29, 2016
bashydemy1:
Hmm see this yeye boy ooo, If the guy was allow to travel now you and your likes will flood this thread saying APC Governor is owning state workers salary and go for lesser hajj, FG stop him from going except he clear the state salaries again na wahala...

time for impunity is over wherer Governors will think they can do anyhow.
so b4 any government officer travel out of the country he need to first seek permission from KING
POO-HARI U are celebrating impunity and mediocrity undecided
Re: Yahaya Bello Barred From Traveling Abroad, Ordered To Return Home - Kogi Reports by jamace(m): 7:43pm On Jun 29, 2016
Hmm.
Re: Yahaya Bello Barred From Traveling Abroad, Ordered To Return Home - Kogi Reports by slimfit1(m): 8:29pm On Jun 29, 2016
thunder74:
This must be a comic relief. Is the country this bad? Tell me it is a joke. In a federating state? Guess what, some people will support this reckless use of power.

He is probably flying with deplomatic passport so hey

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Senate Presidency: PDP Begins Move To Battle APC / Governor Builds Hotel With $3m Paris Club Refund Cash / Senate Uncovers NTA, StarTimes Fraud

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.