Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,808,001 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:13 AM

Kumalo................supreme Confraternities - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Kumalo................supreme Confraternities (39566 Views)

Top 7 Confraternities In Nigeria And Their History + Beliefs [MUST SEE] / Top 7 Confraternities In Nigeria And Their History + Beliefs [MUST SEE] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kumalo................supreme Confraternities by yusufibrahim(m): 12:46pm On Oct 10, 2016
Oga DOMAWOLEYE u no call me say u Don start this story anyways am here already...... Nice one boss keep it coming more grace to u
Re: Kumalo................supreme Confraternities by DOMAWOLEYE(m): 6:57pm On Oct 11, 2016
yusufibrahim:
Oga DOMAWOLEYE u no call me say u Don start this story anyways am here already...... Nice one boss keep it coming more grace to u
Bros no vex i beg. Thanks as always.
Re: Kumalo................supreme Confraternities by Nobody: 12:25am On Oct 12, 2016
Nice work domawoleye. Nice work as usual, thumbs up bro cool
Re: Kumalo................supreme Confraternities by Nobody: 10:55pm On Oct 12, 2016
Abeg my guy nor stop update o!else he go red o! Gud job
Re: Kumalo................supreme Confraternities by Nobody: 7:35pm On Oct 13, 2016
@domawoleye. . . my anger for you is doing press up o! I dey wait for update since. . . which kind wicked person you be sef. . . Abeg jare. . . UPDATE!!!@!!
Re: Kumalo................supreme Confraternities by DOMAWOLEYE(m): 9:41pm On Oct 13, 2016
peeled

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kumalo................supreme Confraternities by olanshile2016(m): 10:24pm On Oct 13, 2016
following sir
Re: Kumalo................supreme Confraternities by muyex1(m): 10:33pm On Oct 13, 2016
This update is too small
Re: Kumalo................supreme Confraternities by Osman1996(m): 11:03pm On Oct 13, 2016
more Sir
Re: Kumalo................supreme Confraternities by hardehbayor112(m): 2:26am On Oct 14, 2016
We are waitinq nah...
Re: Kumalo................supreme Confraternities by kingklassique(m): 1:35pm On Oct 14, 2016
The most annoying thing about literature writers on nairaland is that once dey get followed the updates come slower
Una wan kill person with suspence ni
Re: Kumalo................supreme Confraternities by CivilzedTyger(m): 3:25pm On Oct 15, 2016
Guy show nah
Re: Kumalo................supreme Confraternities by Deo7(m): 4:35pm On Oct 15, 2016
In AY's voice, WARRI their Father grin
Re: Kumalo................supreme Confraternities by Nobody: 9:25pm On Oct 15, 2016
Your update is too small. . . too much suspense kills interest bro angry angry angry
Good job anyways. . .
Re: Kumalo................supreme Confraternities by Contrabanned: 10:08pm On Oct 15, 2016
who nice story... following
Re: Kumalo................supreme Confraternities by Nobody: 6:36pm On Oct 16, 2016
This story dey ginger my wafi spirit. More frequent and regular update please......
Re: Kumalo................supreme Confraternities by DOMAWOLEYE(m): 9:40pm On Oct 17, 2016
STATE CRIMINAL INVESTIGATION DEPARTMENT HQ
ENUGU

Detectives Peter and Sandra were in the office of former ASP now SP Sunday Onche. He finally got his promotion after proving to the Police that he is mentally stable and physically competent to carry on with the police job for his mates have been Superintendents three years before now, he was in a good spirit and resplendent in his new uniform of blue and black. He also has an office to himself now.

Peter had narrated what went down at Warri to the SP and briefed him of the imminent danger facing the city by the entrance of ten members of the dreaded Egbesu cult.

Oga! Those guys were cutting and shooting at one another and nothing happened! They were just chanting Igbokigbo! Igbokigbo, and jumping about. It was like an evil spirit entered them all, sir! I was lucky o! I was not expecting the turn of events at all else i would not be in their midst at that time! Peter explained: what if they had shot at me thinking i was one of them?

Then you would have been dead meat boy! SP said: you are an undercover cop and in your line of duty, anything can happen. But thank God you are safe and healthy!

Oga! I am safe but not healthy! My back is gone! My shoulders are finished! The cuts are very deep! Each cut was stitched twelve times. If not that I am a police officer, I would have been rejected at the hospital. Peter explained.

Which means you could have bled to death? SP asked.

Oga! You are not even feeling sorry for me! Peter challenged.

No sir! Sorry for what? That’s the job you have chosen as a career so you should accept whatever befalls you in good spirit! SP said. Meanwhile I have had my own fair share of misfortune in the line of duty.

Oga! You mean you have scars on your body as a result of the job too? Sandra asked.

Hmm! Peter! Have you guys ever wondered about the where about of my family? At least I should have a family at my age nah! Not so? He asked.
Of course your family is abroad nah! We all know that! Peter said.

SP shook his head sadly from side to side and stood up from his seat. He pockets his hands in his trousers side pockets as he paced about the room.

I was undercover at Akure eight years ago to bust a cartel farming and distributing Marijuana. I infiltrated the cartel and became one of them. The marijuana business in that part of the country was very organized. They had farms in the deepest part of the forest that people don’t venture into. It was another world in those farms. There are houses for the labourers and their families at the plantations. They are well paid and taken care of. The rules at the farms were very strict and must not be broken. The Barons were small gods! They were revered by the workers and these barons were so ruthless that they kill workers at will and bury them at the farm. The security network at the farms is likened to that of a maximum security prison. We had such farms at Akure, Ifon and Owo communities.

The Barons were high chiefs and traditional rulers in their respective climes. But I bust them after three years of working for them. I was as discreet as I could be or so I had thought. I succeeded. I was rewarded with a promotion and I was redeployed to Gusau in the north for another under cover job on smuggling between Nigeria and Niger boarders. Two months going at Gusau. I was invited to Lagos to be briefed that my wife, my four kids, my house help and my two Alsatian dogs were slaughtered over night. A note was pasted on the door of my house claiming that the attack was from Akure drug farms!

Jeez! Sandra screamed.

Peter was speechless, his jaw simply dropped.

So my guy! SP continued, that is the path we have chosen to follow. I was told I lost my mind and ran mad. I was hospitalized at the psychiatric hospital for two full years. I spent one year at rehabilitation before returning to the police three years ago. It’s been over six years now but I still look forward to waking from the night mare. How can I just loose my beautiful wife of fifteen years like that? My first son was in his third year at the Nigerian military school zaria, my second child was at Air force military school while the last two were at staff school UNILAG because my wife was a lecturer there!

I am so sorry sir! Jeez! My gawd! Ha Oga! May I sit down please? Peter asked.

Why? Sit down if you wish! SP said.

Peter and Sandra sat down and Sandra started to sob.

Sir! Your family was wiped out in the course of your job and you still remained on the job? Peter asked.

Yes! They are the only family I have left. The police took care of me when I was sick. I was given the best medical attention until I regained sanity. Even my family members and in-laws abandoned me for madness. The police alone did not desert me. My in-laws blamed me and my job for the death of their daughter and grand children. I had kept my family with my wife safe in Lagos while I was moving around with the job. I never knew that just when we think we are safest, we are actually most vulnerable!

It is six years altogether now, Sandra said; sir, do you have any plans to start a new family?

So that they will be wiped off again? SP snapped

Haba! Oga no nah! That was six years ago nah, you need to move on, Sandra persisted. You cannot say because you fell from a horse you would not climb the horse again nah!

My dear! Fall pass fall! You see this fall ehn? I am not going to re climb the Horse. SP said; enough about me now! Let’s get back to where we were. Where were we?

Sandra and Peter jumped up to their feet.

Peter! From what you have said, there is red alert in town now! Isn’t it? SP asked.

Yes sir! The Egbesu boys must be located and arrested before they reach Okemutie!

And how do you plan to achieve that? SP asked.

We have been to the Edo line motor park! Sandra continued; we found out that they had arrived town in two station wagon cars while a third car was driven by the one of them who we suspect to be the leader of the cult. They chartered two cabs to the IMT campus two. We went there and tried to look for clues but no head way yet.

We also went to Okemutie’s class to know his close friends, especially those from Delta state. We are keeping tab on three of them in case the Egbesu makes contact with any of them. Peter said.

Do the students know where Okemutie is at now? SP asked

That, I cannot be affirmative! But none of them have visited the hospital yet Sandra said.

Okay! Continue to nose around for clues. Meanwhile what about the boys that attacked Okemutie? Have you arrested them yet? SP asked
Not yet sir! Okemutie only knows the face of the one he fought with, he also gave us a name ‘Stanley’ as being called at the scene of the crime when he was pretending to be dead. His information cannot help us much for now but we will build on it. Peter said.

And you said the boy is not a cultist! SP said.

He claims he is not a campus cultist but acknowledges being a member of the Egbesu back home and I have confirmed that to be true. Peter said.
And which is worse? SP asked.

Ha! Oga!

SP started to laugh. I am joking boy! I know a lot about the Egbesu than you do. Okay. Em, we are at a cross road here, the scenario is dicey. Do you know the name of the confraternity that attacked the boy?

Not exactly sir! But we have narrowed it down to either of the Black Panther or the hawks. Sandra said.

And why these two? SP asked

Our internal source told us sir! Peter said.

And who and what is your internal source? SP asked.

We are sorry sir! That is our ‘joker’ for now! Sandra said.

Okay! I respect that! SP said. Now get back to work and close up all these gaps in your case. Let’s clear up this mess now before it forms a big shit! You are dismissed!

Sandra and Peter saluted and left the office.

CHAPTER 5

UGUAJI FOREST-MID NIGHT

Initiation ceremony; members of the hawks confraternity are dancing around a burn fire on a cleared platform in the middle of the forest, they are surrounded by tress and shrubs and below the elevated plateau is a running stream. The stream must be crossed before accessing the plateau upon which is the shrine in the wilderness, the initiation ground.

Sentries are strategically position from the beginning of the forest entrance to the bank of the stream. The sentries are armed with bull dogs or a 7 and a torch light. The number 7 is the code for a portable axe. The sentries are replaced hourly to avoid anyone falling asleep on duty.
The sentries hide within shrubs or they climb up a tree so as to be hidden from those approaching the wilderness but they can see anyone approaching in the dark. Once an approaching person is about ten yards to the sentries position he lets out the cry ‘who goes there’? The person approaching must reply ‘Ahoy’! Else the bulldog will bark. And when the bulldog barks, somebody go die! That is how it works. Any anomaly observed by the sentry must be reported quickly to the initiation ground lord for immediate regulation.

Four new civilians were lying blind folded on the floor of the ground. They wore only boxers and their bodies glistered in the dark reflecting the ray from the burning fire. The men were in a jolly mood dancing and chanting.

If you sabi dance o!
Hayaya!
Make you dance am well o!
Hayaya!
If you sabi hammer!
Hayaya!
Make you hammer well o!
Hayaya!
If you sabi kosa!
Hayaya!
Make you kosa well o!
Hayaya!
Because anything you be o!
Na your own!
Anything you be o!
Na your own!
If you like be axeman!
Na your own!
If you like be bucket!
Na your own!
If you like be 2.2!
Na your own!
If you like be eiye!
Na you own!

Stanley was leading the sale and his boys were taking the chorus. After several songs, Stanley came to the center of the circle and called the forum to order.

Hawks of the sky! He chanted
Higher! Higher! Higher! The chorus
Hawks of the sky! He shouted
Higher! Higher! Higher! The chorus

Yes! You are welcome to another night of jolly and tinini! As you can see, we are growing! We have four new rats to tinini tonight!
He started a short song

We are going higher day by day!
The hawks are going higher day by day why not join us!

We are going higher day by day!
The hawks are going higher day by day why not join us! The chorus.

Where is Egbe please? Stanley asked. I can’t see him here tonight, it is already 2.00AM.

The men looked among themselves

He is not here me lordy! Someone said

Egbe is not here tonight? Stanley asked no one in particular

Maybe he is sick! Another person said.

Sick of what? Stanley asked. We were together at Nkutu ume this evening. Well, that is by the way!

Egbe has bleeped up again o! We went for a hit to eliminate those Jew men that disgraced him weeks ago! It was his responsibility to silence the guys especially the one that beat him up but after shooting at the guys, the younger brother died instantly but the main guy was still breathing but bleeding profusely. I told Egbe to finish the guy off with his bulldog or using 7 to chop off his head but he insisted he wanted the guy to die a slow and painful death! I tell am say all did na die! He no gree! He brushed the guy severally on the head and we left the guy to die in the pool of his blood! It was his call, not mine! So I had to follow his decision. Now the guy did not die! He is currently receiving treatment under police surveillance at the UNTH.
The Police and the man’o’war will be after us now. Is vicious here! He suddenly asked. Vicious, the man ‘o’ war! Come forward.

Me Lordy! Vicious answered and stepped into the center.

Vicious, what is the man ‘o’ war saying about this issue at hand.

Vicious; real name Henry Edozie is an ND 2 mass communication student. He is nineteen years old and an only child. His father is the commissioner for works in Ebonyin state.

Our presido said it is a case of two cults clash. He said four men died. The two brothers and two unknown soldiers. He also said that that the clash is between us the BP. Vicious said.

Which kind nonsense talk be that? Stanley asked. Where did your preside get that kind of information from?
I don’t know me lordy! Vicious answered.

It’s a lie! He is giving you guys’ false information because he does not trust you. That guy is a war veteran so we must be wary of him. I am sure he told you guys to report any suspicious thing or people to him abi? Stanley asked.

Exactly me lordy!

We need to move in on the guy at UNTH! We need to finish him off! He knows Egbe facially and can be used by the police to hunt us. And I can remember that stupid Egbe calling my real name instead of my bush name at the scene. Egbe is not here tonight! He is supposed to be here! He is supposed to follow us for the UNTH mission this morning.

Meanwhile, vicious and Dagger will accompany me to UNTH in the morning. We will go with food flasks as if we are his friends. Once we see him face to face, we will silence him with the pillow or any other weapon within reach in the hospital. I will have my bulldog with me just in case things get out of hand. Dagger where you dey? Stanley called out.

A lanky fellow came out with his black trousers, black T shirt and blue beret.

Me lordy! He greeted.

Are you good to go? Stanley asked him.

I am ever gallant! Me lordy! He replied bouncing on his feet.

I trust you Dagger! You no de slack! Stanley commended

Where is the ground Lord? Stanley asked.

I de here o! I dey arrange wood for the fire! Some one answered from behind the circle of men. He came forward with a bundle of sticks which he dumped into the burning fire.

Ngwa! Ngwa! Take care of these rats! Stanley said and left the circle center to light up a wrap of igbo.

Scatter is the ground lord. He is in charge of the initiation of new entrants and the general preparation of the wilderness prior to any meeting like tonight’s.
He went and kicked the first body lying blind folded on the ground.

Stand up! He commanded,

The young man stood up

Wetin be your name? Scatter asked

Paschal! The young man answered

Who bring you come here? He asked

No body sir! Paschal replied.

So na only you waka come? Scatter asked

Yes sir!

You dey lie! Scatter said slapping him across the face

Paschal fell over but quickly got up and stood backing Scatter

Turn around! Scatter commanded.

What is your full name?

Pascal Alozie sir!

Where are you from?

I am from Nkwere in Imo state sir! Paschal was shaking fearfully.

So why do you want to fly with us? Scatter asked

I love your people and their swag on campus! They are the most powerful and I also like your colour! I have been toasted by other runs but I prefer the hawks! Paschal said.

Una hear am? Scatter asked out loud. He said he preferred the Hawks!

The men in the circle clapped for paschal whistling and making cat cries.

Oya rugged this man! Rugged this man! Scatter commanded as he jumped out of the circle himself.

The circle of men closed in on Paschal with fresh canes cut from the forest tress in their hands .They flogged him all over his bare body. Paschal screamed in pain, he tried to run but was kicked back into the circle; he fell to the ground rolling as canes rained on him severally until the floggers became tired and their canes had been reduced to mere short sticks. However two men were positioned to ensure the new initiate does not fall into the fire. The remaining rats were given similar treatment with fresh canes already cut in the evening and piled up by the river bank by the ground lord. They were later given the oath of allegiance and secrecy and welcomed to the fold by every member present. They were thought how to claw and greet a fellow Hawk. The next morning, the new recruits were made to fly their beret on clean shaven head and walk round the school premises together. Who no go, no go know!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kumalo................supreme Confraternities by muyex1(m): 10:37pm On Oct 17, 2016
Thanks for the update bro, the story is getting interesting

3 Likes

Re: Kumalo................supreme Confraternities by Nobody: 5:39am On Oct 18, 2016
Correct! Now that's what I call an update.
Nice stories all the way. . . you're gifted!

1 Like

Re: Kumalo................supreme Confraternities by olanshile2016(m): 8:36am On Oct 18, 2016
continue sir

1 Like

Re: Kumalo................supreme Confraternities by Nobody: 3:01pm On Oct 18, 2016
The story dey scatter my head o. More updates and mb for you.

1 Like

Re: Kumalo................supreme Confraternities by CivilzedTyger(m): 3:30pm On Oct 18, 2016
Guy your updates are not regular

1 Like

Re: Kumalo................supreme Confraternities by donobecs(m): 1:59pm On Oct 19, 2016
;Dmore give me more if I had a heart i could love u.if I had a voice I could sing

1 Like

Re: Kumalo................supreme Confraternities by yusufibrahim(m): 4:30pm On Oct 19, 2016
Yet another wonderful delivery by our very own DOMAWOLEYE weldone bro more grace to u keep them coming sir

1 Like

Re: Kumalo................supreme Confraternities by Cloetrish(f): 6:44pm On Oct 19, 2016
Nyc one bro, keep d update flowin

1 Like

Re: Kumalo................supreme Confraternities by omobs(m): 9:25am On Oct 20, 2016
nice one bro,I hv been a silent follower,just had to come out of my Shell
Re: Kumalo................supreme Confraternities by Josiah1150(m): 10:46am On Oct 20, 2016
hit more with updates!!
Re: Kumalo................supreme Confraternities by DOMAWOLEYE(m): 1:29pm On Oct 20, 2016
OFF CAMPUS-BEER PARLOUR

Members of the Egbesu cult met for a round table discussion at Brifina Guest house along Abakaliki road close to IMT campus 2. Assorted hot drinks and different brands of cigarette were displayed on the tables. As they discuss, they exhaled thick smoke into the atmosphere to further deplete the earth’s ozone layer.

They were dressed casually except for the leader Jato who wore a white beret of a white T shirt and red jeans trousers. His left fingers are adorned with mysterious rings made from animal skin sewn together with black tread. Even the bangles he wore look diabolically strange.
He poured the content of the black label in front of him into a glass cup and gulped down the content. He closed his eyes and shook his head as he allowed the content to go down his throat.

Yes! Una welcome once again! Amici!

Amici! They replied.

It is four days now that we have been in Enugu combing the city for information. Each group has presented their findings to me and I have summarized everything so that we now have a plan to execute.
Number one! Okemutie is alive! He is receiving treatment at UNTH. He is under Police surveillance and every visitor is being frisked and interrogated by the police before seeing him.

Two out of three students that went to visit him two days ago were arrested and suspected to be on a mission to rescue him.
The man ‘o’ war girl Emilia has being very helpful. Rukewe in getting down with her seriously and the relationship has been fruitful. She told Rukewe that the Hawks are the guys that hit Kumalo and Jumbo. She has given him the names and pictures of some of the members of the Hawks including those that are members of the man ‘o’ war. Well done so far Rukewe, but I hope this babe would not make you forget why we are here? Because the rate you are grooving the city with this girl it’s like you never see yellow babe before!

The men all laughed and hailed Rukewe.

But Bros Jato, how you take know nah? One of the boys asked.

Imagine Rukewe to tell me say he want to write Poly jamb again so that he go come school for IMT! Rukewe wey no finish secondary school! No be for SS2 dem expel am for Don Domingos?

The men laughed heartily.

Bros forget that thing o! Rukewe said; I get my WAEC result o! I don write WAEC as external candidate and the result pure die!

Na lie! Jato shouted; you mean am?

Yes nah bros! Some one else offered; na me and Rukewe write WAEC for the same school as external candidates for that year! Na for Saint Michaels we write am and our two results pure die!

As as how nah! Jato protested; una know book? See una eyes! How una result take dey pure?

Bros forget that thing o! Who no go, no go know o! Rukewe said.

Na true! Na true! The Boss said; yes! As I was saying, the police that arrested those boys at UNTH accused them of being Egbesu boys who have come to scatter the campus to avenge the death of Jumbo. This means that the police are aware of our presence in this town!

But how nah? Rukewe protested. How police take sabi nah? Dem be winch?

Never under estimate the efficiency of the Nigerian police if they are ready to work! The Boss said
Meanwhile we now have a list of those that hit our brothers. Jumbo is dead and Kumalo is hospitalized. We shall work on the list to know the homes and departments of the lords of the Hawks, we need to know when they are meeting on Campus, and we will weigh options and know the right time to strike. At least five of them must kpai! Including one from the man ‘o’ war!

We shall leave only three men here while the rest of us will return home. Rukewe! Sampson and pastor! You guys will remain here and do a clean job of hitting those guys. Rukewe, I put you in charge here! He pulled out a bangle from his wrist. Take this and wear it when you are in charge, you must not wear it in my presence and when you return to Warri, don’t wear it until you see me and hand it over, do you understand me?

Yes Boss! I know the drill. There can’t be two captains in a ship! Rukewe said as he pockets the band.

Good! The rest of us will go home and give Kumalo’s mother, our mother a befitting burial according to our Urhobo tradition. We will hand over the corps to the family tomorrow for proper burial.

Look Rukewe! Don’t forget you are to leave this town immediately after the operation! Don’t be carried away by the man ‘o’ war girl o!

I know boss! But I fit invite her come Waffi nah! Rukewe stated.

No! Let everything that happened in Enugu remain in Enugu! Boss stated and stood up to use the convenience.

Idiot boy! Why you want invite her come Waffi? What of your babe for Warri? Pastor asked.

I go code her nah! I fit keep her for your bunk! Rukewe said.

Idiot! See your head! Wetin i go tell my own babe? Pastor asked.

You go tell her say na you sister nah! Rukewe said.

Na now I sabi say you don de kolo! You don see any person wey yellow for my family? How I want to take explain the girl complexion? Pastor asked.
You go say na your mama family! Rukewe said.

My mama family people black pass my papa family! Pastor said and the party stared laughing and puffing.

Jato returned from the convenience
So na Igbo girl you dey trip for now? He asked Rukewe.

Boss! This girl sweet die! She dey scatter my head like say I never see woman before! Bros the girl body be like Angel own!

Idiot! You don see Angel body before? Pastor countered.

Well, I trust you sha and that is why I am putting you in charge of the operation here. If not, na you I for first depot. But I know say you rugged and you get sense. But if you Bleep up? I go treat your Bleep up wella!

So my men! We will split up as we leave town tomorrow, we would leave in batches of two and board different vehicles to Warri. We will all meet at Richard’s Barbing saloon at 6.00PM tomorrow evening.

Correct boss! You be the master planner! Rukewe teased.

Commot for there Kewe! Stupid boy! Pastor teased him as he fills his glass from the bottle of hot drink in front of him and gulps down the content. He started using the glass to tap on the bottle rhythmically, others soon joined and Rukewe started to sale.

My mama tell me say! He sang
Iyoo! Tell me say iyoo! The chorus

CHAPTER 6

NKUTU- UME CAMPUS 3

GUYS! Yawa don gas o! Stanley was addressing his Hench men. They are seated inside a Shop smoking cigarettes. The mood was pensive.

It is still like a dream to me! It was like those guys were expecting us! We went to the hospital reception together and I pretended like I was a patient while Vicious and Dagger went to the receptionist to ask for Kumalo’s ward. The lady directed them to the room and while they were on their way, she quickly picked the phone and made a call. Before you know it four plain clothes police men brandishing pistols storm the reception hall and the lady pointed towards the corridor that our men took. They said we are Egbesu Boys or something and they have been expecting them. They did not even allow the boys to talk as they started beating and mal handling them. They took the boys upstairs to Kumalo’s room to ask if he knew them, but of course he wouldn’t know them, it will only confirm his fear that we are not done with him yet!
Stanley threw away a cigarette stud and lit another one. So they brought our boys back in hand cuffs kicking them out of the hospital into a stand by police Van! Stanley summarized.

And all this while you were there our men did not implicate you? Emeka the number four man asked.

No! They did not even look at my face and I am grateful for that! Stanley said. Thank God that they did not implicate me because I had my bulldog with me!

Haba Stan! Emeka exclaimed. Old boy! Hell would have been let loose o!
So what do we do now?

Naturally they would be taken to the station for interrogation. If they are not released after twenty four hours, it means there is serious trouble which may lead to a court case! Stanley explained. None of us can go there to see them except an elderly person that can pass for their guardian or parent.

Then let us contact Mr Alozie, the HOD of statistics department. He is an XY. He can go there as a guardian to one of them. Emeka further suggested.

He is actually related to Dagger for real. He initiated Dagger himself during one of the end of year parties we held in his house three years ago. Stanley explained.

You mean am? Emeka asked.

Then that settles it! Another Hench man offered. Let’s go and tell him what has happened before things get out of hand. But Guy you get luck o! If to say those guys nab you with your dog ehn?

I know! No remind me again I beg! Stanley snapped. Meanwhile who don see Egbe?

Ol boy, no body don see that guy o! its like he dey dodge us. Emeka said.

Leave am! If I catch am eh? I go kpai am myself! He cause kasala keep for ground, he come disappear! Stanley said.

CAMPUS 3 BUS PARK

The park is busy with students boarding and alighting from shuttle busses and taxi cabs. The bus conductors are shouting the names of their destinations to attract passengers.

Abakpa! Abakpa!

Obiagwu! Obiagwu!

New haven! New Haven!

Campus 2! Campus 2!

The list is endless, as most of the students live off campus. Students rush into the buses going along their way while some are still waiting for their destination to be called, others are waiting for the school bus to arrive, having bought two way tickets from Campus 2.

Former Lord Egbe alights from inside a shuttle bus with a big size Bible in one hand and a white handkerchief in another hand, he chose a vantage spot opposite the bust stop pavilion and he began to preach.

Repent for the kingdom of God is at hand! The soul that sinneth, shall die! He shouted.
The Bible says and I quote ‘ come to me all ye that labour and are heavy laddened and I will give you rest’!
What does it profit a man to gain the world and loose his own soul in hell? I was formally in the world but now I am saved! Amazing grace! How sweet the sound that saved a wretch like me! I once was blind but now I see! Was weak but now I am strong! Glory to Lord God almighty! Glory halleluiah!

He preached on while the students listened, those that knew him came together to gossip, making faces and gesticulating frantically. They did not know what to believe because two months ago when the revered Reverend Father Mbaka had come to the schools mini stadium to preach on cult renunciation and many students had come out to denounce cultism, Egbe was not one of them, in fact some hawks men would have gone out to confess their sins and repent on that day but for the fear of Egbe and Stanley that were present at the sermon. If either of the duo had gone out, many cultist would have gone out too because in the real sense of the word, most cultist are living in bondage.

They have no real freedom, they are living in fear of their own lords who are very dangerous, they are perpetually indebted to the cult because they pay semester dues and so many unexpected dues that keeps them perpetually broke, they live in fear of other cultist, they live in fear of the man ‘o’ war, they live in fear of the school authority and they live in fear of the police.

When ever there is an emergency on campus and the Police and Army joint tax force patrol team storms the school, all hard men are afraid, afraid of the unknown, they take cover when no one is looking for them, fear of the unknown.

The Buccaneers run for cover, the scamper, the Burkinafasso change their positions, the Juris men vanish like smoke, the Vikings regulates, the Blood brothers diffuse into thin air, the Campus pirates turn to chameleons, the Eiye boys fly away, the Ku Klux Klan extinguish their flames, the Mafites turns under cover. The sinner, they say, runs when no man chase him. When the JTF might have gone, they will then come out from their various cocoons to ask the so called Jew men questions. Na wetin those police dey find sef? Na who dem carry? Them arrest any one?

The Jew men stayed but the hard men ran. When the tyre of a car accidentally bursts in the school premises, the Jew men turn to see what the matter is while the hard men run for cover, clear conscience fears no accusation!

Many of them are being expelled and jailed daily. Many of them are being lured into nefarious activities by the lords. Like Armed robbery, Political thugs and burglary. Many of them never bargained for what they eventually are faced with once they got themselves initiated, and there is no going back because of the oath of allegiance and secrecy taken. The only way out is death.

Some cultists have lost their hearing as a result of injury during the initiation, many have indelible scars on their bodies thus they cannot take off their clothes in public or in the presence of their relatives. Many have died and were buried at the initiation grounds and their parent still wonder when they would return from school. Many have been rusticated from school but cannot go back home so they loaf about in the city constituting nuisance to humanity. Many intelligent boys could not combine academic activities with cultism and because cultism takes preference in their school life they go down academically and ended up graduating with a pass or a third class result which is as good as useless in the country. Many have come to realize that cultism cannot help them in any way, rather it compounds their problems but it is too late to cry when the head is off. Many cultists would have repented for good and followed Christ on that day when Reverend Father Mbaka came to preach but they were afraid of what men like Egbe, Stanley, Danladi, Paschal and Maxwell would do to them.

And today Egbe stand in public and preached the gospel. The smoke from the gun he used to kill Jumbo is still swiveling in the air.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kumalo................supreme Confraternities by DOMAWOLEYE(m): 1:29pm On Oct 20, 2016
STATE CID ENUGU-INTERROGATION ROOM

Dagger and Vicious are cuffed together on their wrists and they sat side by side on the floor of the dimly lit room. Their bodies are stained with their blood. Their faces have been reshaped into something amoebic. Swollen lips and swollen eyes, their noses have doubled in size and on their heads are several lumps with blood stained cuts. They could not cry anymore, tears were no longer dropping from their eyes. They could only grunt and nod their heads.

You bloody criminals are being economical with the truth! Look! I will burn you again with this pressing Iron o! The interrogator, a man that looks just like Wesley Snipes except that he has a very conspicuous K leg.

They say he had the K leg in the line of Duty. His right leg was broken into shreds by the bullets of some Militants that they had gone to arrest in the creeks of Degema. The leg was to be amputated at the National Orthopaedic Hospital but he had escaped from the hospital at night and ran to his Village at Omagwa Nike for a traditional treatment. The Herbalist did a good job on his leg.

Constable Ubani pulled out the hot Iron from the wall socket and threatened to burn the boys with it.

Oga please sir! Please sir! We have told you everything sir! Dagger managed to talk through his mouth and nose, the front of his mouth is devoid of teeth and every word came out like a whistle sound. Our former leader is the one that caused the whole problem; he lives at the railway quarters along Ogui road sir. I know his house. He was beaten by the boy in the hospital in a one on one fight and that was why we went to hit the boy and his brother, in fact it was him that shot and them.

Good! Good! Said the interrogator. What is his name?

We call him Egbe ‘the Kite’ sir! I don’t know his real name sir. But every one calls him Egbe and he is a final year accountancy student. Dagger whistled.

Can you guys see where you have landed your selves now? You are small boys of barely twenty years old. Your parent sent you to study and become important people in life but you chose to be criminals! You turned yourselves into murders and armed robbers in the name of cultism. You may not have committed any felony yet but being a member of a secret cult automatically makes you a wanted person any a’ persona non grata’ in public places! Your place is in the prisons! You will be charged to court for aiding and abating of a murder and an attempt to commit murder at the hospital. You will each get at least thirty years in jail with hard labour. By the time you are out of jail, civilization would have left you behind. All the so called Jew men on campus today that are your mates would be fathers and owners of businesses by then.

Chai! Oga please nah! Oga but you said that you would leave us if we cooperate nah! Oga we cooperated nah! Please sir! Dagger cried and pleaded while Vicious was shaking his head from side to side. He could not open his eyes or his mouth because they were swollen beyond their limits.

It is because of your cooperation that you will get thirty years nah! Constable Ubani said. Your sentence would have been fifty years!

Chai! Chai! Dagger whistled. Oga please nah! We won’t follow cultism again o! Please sir! Dagger begged

UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA TEACHING HOSPITAL ENUGU

It is now a month and two weeks that Kumalo has been hospitalized and chained to the hospital bed. He wondered who must have been paying his hospital bills, he thought it could be the police if not why would they keep him under surveillance? Or could it be part of the hospital’s corporate social responsibilities? He is being rotated between different wards on a daily basis since after the visit of the Hawks men.

Kumalo knew he was no longer safe at the hospital, he had told detective Peter to take him to another hospital but he was told that the police can only use a teaching hospital because of its government affiliation but promised to ensure that security around the hospital is improved upon.

Kumalo does not trust the Police; he knew there could be Hawks men that are members of the police force. Kumalo started thinking. He was very sure now that his mother must be dead or down with a sickness that would not allow her to come and see him in Enugu. Detective Peter had lied to him that his mother was doing well when he went for Jumbo’s burial, he had asked the detective the cause of the bandages he wore but he said he had an accident while he was in warri. He had asked Peter of those that buried his brother and Peter had said it is the community youth. He knew Peter was hiding something from him, he had attended so many funerals of the Egbesu members and he know how it is done so he expected so many questions from Peter but they were not forth coming.

How were you able to meet my People? Did you introduce your self to my people? Did you tell them about my where about? Kumalo had asked Peter.
No! I simply went to represent you there; I dressed like one of the youths so no one noticed me, and no! I did not introduce my self nor did I tell any one of your where about! Peter affirmed.

So what did they say about me? Kumalo asked.

Nothing much! Peter said. Please let’s talk of something else, how is your injury? Are you still feeling the stomach pains?

Was there a time they started chanting Igbokigbo! Igbokigbo? Kumalo asked.

Jeez! Peter screamed and ran out of the ward. Kumalo laughed out loud and had to suppress the laughter due to the pain in the stomach. He knew what Peter was hiding.

Kumalo had noticed over time that only one police personnel is detailed to the hospital on Sundays. He had also noticed that the guard resumes after 12.00PM and closes at 10.00PM. He had planned his escape to be on a Sunday so on Saturday evening he had dodged a mini surgical scissors from the tray the nurse brought to dress his wound. He had raised the bed sheet and dug the scissors into the mattress.

At 12 midnight on Sunday, the hospital was quiet as those that could sleep were asleep already. The maternity ward never sleeps. There is always a woman in labour. Kumalo has heard a lot of nonsense said by women in labour shouting on top of their voices. Some had made him laugh while some had mage him sober. Some women pray for God’s assistance during the labour crisis while others rain curses upon the man that put them in that condition and his family members.

Kumalo pulled out the mini scissors and used the pointed edge to uncouple the cuffs on his leg. The cuff gave way and fell to the ground, it made a noise and Kumalo quickly lay back down and pretended to be asleep. When no one entered the ward after five minutes, he knew no one was on guard.

Kumalo indeed used to have his own set of hand cuffs when he was still in the kidnapping game at Warri. He got up and limped to the door, he opened it and saw a deserted corridor so he stepped out; he had a cramp on his legs so he went back into the ward and stamped his feet severally on the ground.

The corridor was deserted as he stepped out again but he could here voices at the far end where the receptionists are, and that is the only exit route. Instead of going forward he turned backwards and started opening the doors of other wards. He opened a door that a patient was fast asleep; he saw some clothes folded on a table close to the bed side of the patient so he tip toed in and closed the door.

He pulled off his hospital clothes and wore the blue jeans trousers and while T shirt on the table. There was something in the pocket of the jeans, he brought out a thick wallet and in it is minty wad of one thousand naira notes. His heart beat skipped. He made a quick sign of the cross as he pockets the wallet; there was a belt in the trouser so he buckled it up even though the waist of the owner is bigger than his by five inches, the belt helped.

He heard foot steps on the corridor and sounds of doors being opened and closed. The sound got closer, a nurse was going round! He thought. The nurse must have opened his door and seen an empty bed. He knew an alarmed would be raised at any moment so he quickly opened the door and jumped outside.

This young man! Where were you? The nurse asked as he came out of a room and saw Okemutie on the corridor.

Okemutie squatted down and started crawling on all fours. The nurse was shocked.

Young man! Stand up! Are you okay? He went to lift Okemutie up. Kumalo allowed the man to pull him up quietly and when he was upright, he took a cursory look at the man’s face smiling as he did so, then he took a quick step backwards.

You must be Goliath! Kumalo said, pointing at the nurse. Can I snap a photograph with you? He asked the perplexed nurse still smiling.

The man took some steps away from Kumalo while Kumalo took same number of steps forward calling

Goliath! Goliath!

When they got to Kumalo’s ward, the Nurse opened the door and pointed inside. Kumalo slowly walked inside smiling and jabbing in the air
David kills Golaith! Goliath kills David! Kumalo was saying as he moved slowly towards the bed. The nurse followed him into the room and closed the door; he dropped his tray on a table and brought out a syringe and needle. He fixed the needle on the syringe while Kumalo climbed on the bed and squatted facing the nurse and smiling. The nurse inserted the needle into a medicine bottle and extracted its contents, his back was turned to Kumalo but as he turned to face Kumalo it was too late.

Kumalo sprang into the air from his squatted position on the bed; the spring in the mattress helped him to spring up into the air. The nurse saw him mid aid and opened his mouth to scream but the sound was muffled by the blow to the side of his head close to his eyes. He was knocked out cold and he slumped to the floor. Kumalo quickly retrieved the injection that fell on the floor and injected the nurse on the neck. He pulled off the nurse’s shoes and wore them. It fitted. He opened the door and ran through the corridor and out of the hospital.

The receptionist saw someone run past but was too preoccupied attending to patients on emergency that just came into the hospital that night.
Kumalo kept jogging until he got to Okpara Avenue before stopping to catch his breath; he pulled up the T shirt to see if he was bleeding. The bandage was stained with blood but not flowing heavily. It must have been due to the way he constricted himself mid air to deal the nurse that deadly blow that silenced him. The nurse would not recover in a hurry; it depends on how long the sedative he had prepared for Kumalo would last.
He brought out the wallet in his pocket and counted fifty four crispy one thousand naira notes. He searched further and brought out the Identity and business card of the states commissioner for police. Phew! He blew. From frying pan to fire! He exclaimed. He needs to be in Warri fast! He needs to see his mother. Either she is dead or alive.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kumalo................supreme Confraternities by shigo20(m): 3:57pm On Oct 20, 2016
Am yawning for more mr DOM keep it up
Re: Kumalo................supreme Confraternities by kingklassique(m): 4:57pm On Oct 20, 2016
Nice update keep it up
Re: Kumalo................supreme Confraternities by crislyn(f): 5:16pm On Oct 20, 2016
Oga Dom this is so enthralling..i look forward to this everyday!

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The Badboy Diary / Fiction Story / Siblings............. / Palingenesis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.