Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,185 members, 7,780,267 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:33 AM

When It Rains In Edo State This Is How Terrible It Is (pics) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / When It Rains In Edo State This Is How Terrible It Is (pics) (44656 Views)

Reverend Father Escapes Death In A Terrible Accident Along Nneobi/Onitsha Road(p / Terrible Condition Of Ejigbo After Rain (photos) / Flooded Shagari Yola Town In Adamawa State This Morning After Rain (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When It Rains In Edo State This Is How Terrible It Is (pics) by anonimi: 3:31pm On Jun 29, 2016
antispexish:
did you see me call it natural disaster ?
If the governor had demolished buildings constructed on drainages now, some will still attack him!

as much as some things are man made, some are beyond mans control or fault!

If a public servant cannot do his job, should he not resign or should the people not sack him
Is that not what happens with the managers of those colonial-mentality Premier League clubs that we pay our money to watch?
Why are we so dumb? angry

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3340066_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: When It Rains In Edo State This Is How Terrible It Is (pics) by anonimi: 3:34pm On Jun 29, 2016
antispexish:
flood warning! For where you warn see that one for naiJa!
even if they are giving warning, will they leave, no
bet it with me, this same people will experience this same flooding next year, yet they will not heed this year warning, even if it kills them!

Are you suggesting that we are naturally and inextricably INFERIOR to oyinbo people who mostly comply with such warnings?
Are you saying that we ALLOW leaders looters who are naturally and irrevocably INFERIOR to those of oyinbos to rule ruin us?
Thanks.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3043814_facebook20151105005801_jpeg1027baba4e35e791f3661e85d47d5487

1 Like

Re: When It Rains In Edo State This Is How Terrible It Is (pics) by Nobody: 3:38pm On Jun 29, 2016
NextGovernor:
People pay 300 naira to hustlers just to cross them. lolz
bro if na me eh, i go just throw apc member for inside the water make we gather swim
Re: When It Rains In Edo State This Is How Terrible It Is (pics) by antispexish(m): 3:39pm On Jun 29, 2016
anonimi:

Does this happen every year in developed countries?
Do they have blocked drains (gutters) everywhere in developed countries?
Do they build on waterways in developed countries?

Why do we make EXCUSES for these rulers looters who STEAL our money and deprive us of modern day facilities, amenities and utilities and apparently our common sense?
Then we run to developed countries to be under-employed SLAVES! shocked
No wonder Aisha Buhari said all Edo women abroad are PROSTITUES and their people still voted DullardPoo, her husband.
Na which kain jazz be that sef

yes there are looters, but they did not bloke the drainages, neither where they the ones that built on drainages.
I'm not making excuses for bad governance , but in some cases, even good governance cannot stop flooding!

could it be that the ineffectual boffoon would have solved this particular problem if voted in? naa!
Re: When It Rains In Edo State This Is How Terrible It Is (pics) by anonimi: 3:51pm On Jun 29, 2016
antispexish:
yes there are looters, but they did not bloke the drainages, neither where they the ones that built on drainages.
I'm not making excuses for bad governance , but in some cases, even good governance cannot stop flooding!

could it be that the ineffectual boffoon would have solved this particular problem if voted in? naa!

You obviously are ignorant of what you are talking about. And I am being very mild with you.
The worst part is that you are so proud and full even in your self-inflicted ignorance.
In the developed countries that you gleefully shared their flooding pictures to justify the Edo palaver, the state governors and LGA authorities ENSURE that drains/gutters are not blocked by CLEARING them regularly and giving stiff fines and penalties by those who dump refuse therein. Not so
Are many Edo people and other Nigerians abroad not doing such work of clearing gutters?
Is the state not supposed to have Town Planning authorities who approve and INSPECT areas to ensure the approved plans are adhered to?
What else are you ignorant of, sir

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2855735_twooptionswallpaper10579600_jpeg618d634ba6258d93161d282181afdc68

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: When It Rains In Edo State This Is How Terrible It Is (pics) by Weah96: 3:53pm On Jun 29, 2016
No drainage system. Even Ancient Rome was able to build elaborate drainage systems over 2000 years ago.

1 Like

Re: When It Rains In Edo State This Is How Terrible It Is (pics) by lalababy(f): 3:53pm On Jun 29, 2016
row row row your boat ....
Re: When It Rains In Edo State This Is How Terrible It Is (pics) by antispexish(m): 3:57pm On Jun 29, 2016
anonimi:

You obviously are ignorant of what you are talking about. And I am being very mild with you.
The worst part is that you are so proud and full even in your self-inflicted ignorance.
In the developed countries that you gleefully shared their flooding pictures to justify the Edo palaver, the state governors and LGA authorities ENSURE that drains/gutters are not blocked by CLEARING them regularly and giving stiff fines and penalties by those who dump refuse therein. Not so
Are many Edo people and other Nigerians abroad not doing such work of clearing gutters?
Is the state not supposed to have Town Planning authorities who approve and INSPECT areas to ensure the approved plans are adhered to?
What else are you ignorant of, sir

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2855735_twooptionswallpaper10579600_jpeg618d634ba6258d93161d282181afdc68

yes, the state government is not doing its work when it comes to clearing and in some cases building drainages. but it's you that seem to be ignorant on the point I'm making. Some floodings are inevitable either the government is doing its work or not!

my statement was to show you Mr ignorant identiFier that even the people affected by flooding can also contribute to such flooding.
The conditions that determine flooding vary and most be looked at before determining who is at fault.

There are some roads in the developed world that has no gutters too, therefore gutter construction is not an absolute must in road construction.

bet this people's government did not clear their drainage too

Re: When It Rains In Edo State This Is How Terrible It Is (pics) by lalababy(f): 3:58pm On Jun 29, 2016
anonimi:

If a public servant cannot do his job, should he not resign or should the people not sack him
Is that not what happens with the managers of those colonial-mentality Premier League clubs that we pay our money to watch?
Why are we so dumb? angry
www.nairaland.com/attachments/3340066_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188

biko go and sit down. you and who is dumb
Re: When It Rains In Edo State This Is How Terrible It Is (pics) by Nobody: 4:04pm On Jun 29, 2016
solite3:
Where is this in Edo state?

Good question... Oya op answer Oh! First and second pic looks old and I think it's ikpoba slope area

1 Like

Re: When It Rains In Edo State This Is How Terrible It Is (pics) by nortcentrallord(m): 4:07pm On Jun 29, 2016
BeeBeeOoh:
But oshiomhOLE is working nah

Oshiomhole is work, work, Working on his foreign wife I guess. :Dx

1 Like

Re: When It Rains In Edo State This Is How Terrible It Is (pics) by Nobody: 4:07pm On Jun 29, 2016
Old pic mtcheww... Pdp try harder, and all those anti osho apc members una better wise up before pdp take over there game
Re: When It Rains In Edo State This Is How Terrible It Is (pics) by anonimi: 4:08pm On Jun 29, 2016
Weah96:
No drainage system. Even Ancient Rome was able to build elaborate drainage systems over 2000 years ago.

Thank you sir.
Hopefully our fellow citizens will learn and stop making EXCUSES for ourselves and the public servants who loot us dry.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2855404_fbimg1442168436118_jpeg3abf4555427b1803302e6b4f3ffbbb15

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When It Rains In Edo State This Is How Terrible It Is (pics) by anonimi: 4:10pm On Jun 29, 2016
nortcentrallord:
Oshiomhole is work, work, Working on his foreign wife I guess. :Dx

Lol.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2700691_adamauwife_jpeg1a43183da83b73aea9fe5c12764502a7

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: When It Rains In Edo State This Is How Terrible It Is (pics) by skimmy005: 4:13pm On Jun 29, 2016
op ma thunda strike u to death.. stup*d liar... c*ward, oshiomole haz rilly tried for d people of Edo state.. u can't compare APC rule with dat of PDP.. no matta d lies Edo state belonqz to APC no place for PDP ....osagie ize iyamu is a thief and can neva bcum a governor ...
Re: When It Rains In Edo State This Is How Terrible It Is (pics) by Nobody: 4:19pm On Jun 29, 2016
Oshiomole knew that one of the benin metropolis major problem is flooding but the imp did nothing about it.

He started a water storm project that has since been abandoned but was quick to build a multi billion naira mansion n private university at Iyamoh his village.

D other day two kids went missing after heavy downpour.

D thunder wey go strike oshiomole eh. Thor,amadioha n sango dey cook am.
Re: When It Rains In Edo State This Is How Terrible It Is (pics) by antispexish(m): 4:19pm On Jun 29, 2016
anonimi:

Are you suggesting that we are naturally and inextricably INFERIOR to oyinbo people who mostly comply with such warnings?
Are you saying that we ALLOW leaders looters who are naturally and irrevocably INFERIOR to those of oyinbos to rule ruin us?
Thanks.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3043814_facebook20151105005801_jpeg1027baba4e35e791f3661e85d47d5487

not all oyinBo makes such warning and not all oyinBo comply to them.
I naija, even if such warnings where made, some will still not comply. There is probably one wailing wailer constructing a big house on a drainage somewhere as type this, if the government should try to demolish such structure, what you will hear is witch hunt and discrimination, even from people who are affected by the construction .

you can think from now till forever, reality does things differently
Re: When It Rains In Edo State This Is How Terrible It Is (pics) by JAWBONE(m): 4:20pm On Jun 29, 2016
antispexish:
How can you blame the governor for natural disasters !
hope you see the pictures of what flooding does in developed countries !
If there were proper water channels and good roads...water cannot accumulate like Benin is not a coastal city like lagos, and the ikpoba river has not overflowed its banks...this is something that could be averted
Re: When It Rains In Edo State This Is How Terrible It Is (pics) by antispexish(m): 4:24pm On Jun 29, 2016
JAWBONE:

If there were proper water channels and good roads...water cannot accumulate like Benin is not a coastal city like lagos, and the ikpoba river has not overflowed its banks...this is something that could be averted

unlike some others , you just said something tangible that one can look into .
but sir, flooding is determined by a lot of other factors other than rivers, closeness to seat or lack of man made drainage .
Re: When It Rains In Edo State This Is How Terrible It Is (pics) by yaso(m): 4:26pm On Jun 29, 2016
I practically swam across boundary road...sapele road and agbor road on Monday....this is not funny.......
Re: When It Rains In Edo State This Is How Terrible It Is (pics) by doskie(m): 4:30pm On Jun 29, 2016
NextGovernor:
People pay 300 naira to hustlers just to cross them. lolz
dat kind one na free babes go take cross
Re: When It Rains In Edo State This Is How Terrible It Is (pics) by Spells(m): 4:48pm On Jun 29, 2016
lakeside3020:

u mean weep?
YES... Weep... Ma phone is a bitch.. #Typo-swtich
Re: When It Rains In Edo State This Is How Terrible It Is (pics) by Nobody: 4:54pm On Jun 29, 2016
klassykute:
lies this op is very stupid really stupid .. those pic are pic of years back.. .. i dnt kmw what people gain by trying to tanish d image of 1 just to make front page on nairaland .... oshomole is working.. and he cant do everytin at once .. i wonder if all dis pple complaining av been to edo ... this op is JUST FULL OF LIES

OshiomOLE is a crook
Re: When It Rains In Edo State This Is How Terrible It Is (pics) by Nobody: 5:07pm On Jun 29, 2016
Skillbobralph:

Funny lol
Business opportunity
Re: When It Rains In Edo State This Is How Terrible It Is (pics) by Nobody: 5:12pm On Jun 29, 2016
This is not true.
Re: When It Rains In Edo State This Is How Terrible It Is (pics) by harveyspec: 5:19pm On Jun 29, 2016
antispexish:
How can you blame the governor for natural disasters !
hope you see the pictures of what flooding does in developed countries !

igbinedion started the water storm project to channel the water to the river, off course it never saw the light off the day

osho baba couldn't complete it too after 8yrs

go to GRA when it rains, you will know this is childs play. there are streets in GRA where no car has plied in years

forget all the noise the governor makes on TV
Re: When It Rains In Edo State This Is How Terrible It Is (pics) by harveyspec: 5:22pm On Jun 29, 2016
Iefosa:

Good question... Oya op answer Oh! First and second pic looks old and I think it's ikpoba slope area

that's okhoro junction, off new Lagos road

1 Like

Re: When It Rains In Edo State This Is How Terrible It Is (pics) by ahamonyeka(m): 5:23pm On Jun 29, 2016
Iyeme ooo
Re: When It Rains In Edo State This Is How Terrible It Is (pics) by harveyspec: 5:41pm On Jun 29, 2016
osho did nothing in the state in contrast to the funds that came in, from loans to fed allocation, to IGR

the so called roads he did was done at what cost? they were super inflated & awarded to politicians

for those that know airport rd, it was awarded twice cos d baba it was given, chopped & cleaned mouth

let the governor make public how much he spent on each road project, if his hands are clean

another reason most folks think he tried is because they are comparing him with igbinedion who was a collosal failure

when Stella obasanjo hospital was commissioned, it was the best in terms of structure & equipment

today it has been over run by weeds & equipment comatose

the governor has upgraded an aspect of the central hospital, at what cost

what plans has he made to staff it? to equip it?

1 Like

Re: When It Rains In Edo State This Is How Terrible It Is (pics) by Nobody: 5:53pm On Jun 29, 2016
APC and PDP are still blaming each other, name one state that is developed in Nigeria be it APC or PDP?
Re: When It Rains In Edo State This Is How Terrible It Is (pics) by AdultMaleNegro(m): 6:05pm On Jun 29, 2016
I av bn in Benin city for like two months now but the first thing I observed abt the city is that it may be the most poorly drained city in Nigeria. characterized by shallow, heavily sedimented and poorly constructed drainage systems. so sad govt has failed in this regard
Re: When It Rains In Edo State This Is How Terrible It Is (pics) by xxgig(m): 6:06pm On Jun 29, 2016
klassykute:
lies this op is very stupid really stupid .. those pic are pic of years back.. .. i dnt kmw what people gain by trying to tanish d image of 1 just to make front page on nairaland .... oshomole is working.. and he cant do everytin at once .. i wonder if all dis pple complaining av been to edo ... this op is JUST FULL OF LIES
THIS OP SHOULD NAME THE AREA IN PARTICULAR THIS HAPPENED IF ITS REAL. BECAUSE I NO ADAMS HAS REALLY DONE MUCH IN TERMS OF FLOOD AND EROSION CONTROL.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Zannah Mustapha Who Set 82 Chibok Girls Free / Letter To Gen. Buhari By Prof. Banji Akintoye (A Must Read) / El-rufai Is Nothing But A Coward And An Alcoholic- Shehu Sani

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.