Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,015 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:28 AM

The Beginning Of A Teenage Love Affair. - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Beginning Of A Teenage Love Affair. (20621 Views)

How Lust For A Teenage Girl Ruined The Life Of An Innocent Boy / TEENAGE LOVE Naivety¤¤¤¤part 1 & 2 / Journal Of A Teenage Nigerian Jambite. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Beginning Of A Teenage Love Affair. by semid4lyfe(m): 7:43pm On Sep 15, 2009
@ Atreus

Nice but too many typos.

I can easily relate with the characters ~ Infact one of them reminds me of someone in my life.

BTW, I think Myne white & Sugarbelle are right on the name thingy but u can leave it as it is - Its definitely not a problem for me.

I'll definitely be following up on this thread.

E ku se!
Re: The Beginning Of A Teenage Love Affair. by Atreus(f): 4:44pm On Sep 17, 2009
@scofield,thanks. It's not like i'm trying to keep everyone in suspense,it's just-i'm still writing the story. Speaking of which,back to my story.
An hour later,the party had moved back into the living room,courtesy Paul's yelling at everyone to move their butts out of his parents' pool-they'd given him permission to host a party,not a pool orgy. Orisha stood in a corner,greeting people as they passed him by,exchanging numbers,that sort of thing. The party was in full swing;music blaring,alcohol flowing,and the occasional couple making out in some dark corner. But generally,things weren't too wild. Orisha went to the punch bowl and poured himself a drink. It was his 3rd of the night. He wasn't particularly into punch;he preferred Smirnoff ice,but he wasn't gonna drink and drive. The punch was non-alcoholic,so it was an acceptable substitute. He scooped the drink into his cup and went back to where he was standing before. His eyes set on Miriam almost immediately. She moved around effortlessly,hugging people and being hugged,smiling radiantly. 'For someone who hadn't been to a real party before,she certainly knows her way around one',he thought abstractly. His gaze wandered a bit after resting on Miriam,and sure enough,Mike was there. He'd been hanging around Miriam all night,bringing her drinks,showing her around and introducing her to people while his hand rested conveniently on the small of her back. At the moment,Mike walked up to her and in a rather intimate gesture,whispered something into her ear-to which she laughed. ''What could possibly be so funny?'',he muttered to himself,infuriated and not quite knowing why. He squeezed the cup in his hand unconsciously until the drink in it spilled over,cup crushed. "Bloody hell",he swore under his breath. "Hey man. Take it easy",Paul said as he walked to him. "Couldn't they make these damn things more solid?",he asked crossly. "They're paper cups",replied Paul with a wry grin,and continued;"What's up with you man? You've been grouchy all night".
Re: The Beginning Of A Teenage Love Affair. by semid4lyfe(m): 6:12pm On Sep 17, 2009
Lol - Orisha and I definitely have 'bloody hell' in common.
Re: The Beginning Of A Teenage Love Affair. by Atreus(f): 10:19pm On Sep 17, 2009
"Nothing's up with me",he replied a few minutes later after he returned from washing his sticky hands. "Except them",he continued,gesturing at Miriam and Mike. They were seated then,for all intents and purposes lost in conversation. "Did you see the way she was laughing a few minutes ago?",he asked. "Yeah. . ?",replied Paul. "Nothing could be that funny. Nothing,i tell ya",he said. "I dunno,man. She just looked like she was having a good time to me",Paul said with a shrug. "Maybe she's having too good a time. He's been all over her all night",said Orisha. "I didn't notice anything". "Of course you didn't notice anything",Orisha said and continued;"You were too busy hitting on random babes. I,on the other hand,noticed a lot,because all night, i couldn't take my eyes off her,and consequently,off him". Paul looked at him sharply,realization dawning. "Why Orisha,i didn't know you had a thing for Miriam",he said with a grin. "What? I don't have a 'thing' for Miriam!". "Like hell you don't! 'I couldn't take my eyes off her'?",Paul said,repeating Orisha's earlier words. "I didn't mean it like that,ok? It was completely innocent. Miriam and i are just friends",Orisha said. "Sure. That's how it always starts",Paul replied with a chuckle,unknowingly echoing what Miriam's dad had said earlier. "I've gotta go. Jennifer's calling me",said Paul,blowing a kiss at a girl on the other side of the room. "Or is it Rita?",he asked himself as he walked to her. Ten minutes later,Orisha decided he'd finally had enough. He walked purposefully to where Miriam was seated. "Excuse me everybody. I need to borrow her for a few minutes",he said and took her away from the little group she was in. "Borrow me?",she asked with a grin. "Yeah. We've gotta go". "What? It's just a few minutes after 8",she said as she glanced at her wristwatch and then continued;"The drive home isn't more than 30 minutes". "There could be traffic",he replied. "Orisha . . " "Look,you're the one who has a 9 o'clock curfew. Are you ready to go or not?",he cut in.
Re: The Beginning Of A Teenage Love Affair. by Atreus(f): 11:28pm On Sep 17, 2009
"Okay. I don't get why you're so touchy". "I'm not",he said. "Fine",she replied and turned to go back to her seat. "Where are you going now?",he asked. "To get my bag,and to say bye",she replied. She walked to the chair and did just that,but not before Mike asked for her phone number. She gave it to him with a smile,not noticing Orisha glaring at them.
They were in the car and they'd been driving for over 15 minutes. Mimi had been trying to get him into a conversation,but he only replied in monosyllables. It was like she was talking to herself,and she was getting pretty riled up. "Ok,what is it with you Orisha? You've been acting like a jerk all night! You spent the entire night brooding,you almost bite my head off at the party,you haven't said anything reasonable to me except yes and no since we started driving home,what is wrong with you? It's like you're mad at me,and i don't know why!". "I'm not mad at you",he cut in through clenched teeth. "And then,you're rude to Mike,giving him these looks. It's not like you to be rude. What's going on?" "Can we please stop talking about the guy you spent all night throwing yourself at?",he asked angrily. "Throwing myself at? . . . Throwing myself at?",she repeated,hurt. Orisha knew as soon as he said the words that they were a mistake,but by then it was too late. "Mims. . ",he began. "Stop the car",she said. "What?",he asked in surprise. "Stop the damn car",she repeated,trying to keep her temper in check. "Mimi . . " "Stop the car!",she yelled. "Okay,okay,i'm stopping it",he said and pulled over. She opened the door, came out of the car and walked to a bench. There was a streetlight in the distance,and it lighted up the area where the bench was faintly. "Mimi. . Miriam!",he called her. She didn't answer him. He turned off the car's engine,locked the doors and went to her. She was already seated when he got there. "What are you doing?",he asked. "Go away,Orisha. I appreciate all your help,but i'll find my way home". "This is ridiculous.
Re: The Beginning Of A Teenage Love Affair. by Atreus(f): 11:51pm On Sep 17, 2009
You can't get a bus from here",he said. "I'll find my way home,don't you understand English? Go away!" "I'm not leaving you. It's dark,it's dangerous. I said i'd get you home safely",he said. "You also said you were my friend. Friends don't say what you said to me". "I'm sorry",he said,running a hand through his hair,and continued;"It's just. . . He was all over you tonight. Everywhere i turned,you guys were together;talking,laughing,sharing some secret joke. . . You were all over each other",he said. She stood up and came to face him. "How dare you? How dare you stand here and say that to me? You know how important being noticed is to me. You know! And tonight,for the first time in a long g time,a guy noticed me. How dare you denigrate that? For the first time,someone noticed me!",she said,her hurt and anger clearly on her face and in her voice. "I notice you",he said softly. "Wha. . What did you say?",she asked,not wanting to believe what she'd just heard. "I notice you. All the time. When we're going places,having lunch,hanging out,or when we're just talking. I notice you",he repeated again for emphasis. She didn't say anything,she couldn't,s he just stared at him as she tried to process what he'd just said,telling herself not to read meanings into his words. And then he kissed her,and there was no way in hell she could possibly misunderstand that. There they stood,kissing in the faint light,shadows stealing across the dark sky. They kissed and kissed and kept on kissing until Miriam felt like she would die if he stopped she couldn't think clearly,hell she couldn't think at all,she was completely focused on how good he was making her feel. Her knees went weak,and his arms went around her as he pulled her closer to him. Her hands went to his broad chest and she took fistfuls of his shirt and felt his hard muscles beneath. Finally,the kiss ended.
Re: The Beginning Of A Teenage Love Affair. by MyneWhite1(f): 6:21am On Sep 18, 2009
This atreus, you sabi stroke a girl's heartstrings oo. See as you just use Orisa finish Miriam, even me sef, LWKMD
Re: The Beginning Of A Teenage Love Affair. by Atreus(f): 9:58am On Sep 18, 2009
Yeah,yeah,lol. Writing this scene was a lot of fun.
Re: The Beginning Of A Teenage Love Affair. by pinkylady1(f): 10:13am On Sep 18, 2009
abeg continue the story oh, cos i no fit wait for too long
Re: The Beginning Of A Teenage Love Affair. by Atreus(f): 10:28am On Sep 18, 2009
"Wow",she said seconds later,her eyes still closed,and continued;"I'm speechless". "That's a first",he teased with a smile. She opened her eyes and said,still in his arms;"Y'know,i always wondered what all the fuss about a kisr was for. Now i know". "I'm your . . " "First kiss? Yeah. You are",she finished for him,and continued;"There have been guys. Cute guys . Hot guys. Guys that i've crushed on,but i guess i never really liked them enough to wanna do this with them". "You like me?",he asked in shock. He was still blown away by the fact that he was her first kiss and how it made him feel oddly possesive. "Yeah. I really like you,Orisha",she said in reply. "So do i",he replied and pulled away so he could look into her eyes. "I have feelings for you Miriam. Strong feelings. About tonight,i didn't mean what i said,and i am so sorry that it hurt you,cos the last thing i wanna do is hurt you",he said. "It's okay",she said softly. "I just. . When you came to the party,you were so pretty you took my breath away,and then Mike showed up,and you went off with him,and for the rest of the night,he was hanging around you,talking,laughing. . . . You seemed so into him it was driving me crazy",he said. "Mike,is cool. He's a great guy,but he's not the guy i like. That guy's you",she said,putting a palm on his cheek as she said it. "Besides,it's kinda flattering that you were so jealous",she added. He smiled at her,and then said;"I guess this means we're kinda together now". "Yeah. I guess it does",she replied with a smile of her own. "You know,Orisha,where there's a first,there's always a second. And a third,and a . . ",she said was silenced by his lips on hers as he kissed her a second time. When it was over,she smiled against his lips and then saw her wristwatch glinting as a ray of light was reflected to it. "Ohmigod,Orisha,look at the time",she said with a gasp. "We've gotta get going",she continued and they hurried back to the car and drove home.
Re: The Beginning Of A Teenage Love Affair. by semid4lyfe(m): 10:33pm On Sep 18, 2009
Na wa o! See description

~They kissed and kissed and kept on kissing until Miriam felt like she would die if he stopped ~

Wow! I'm short of words. Abeg continue, jare.
Re: The Beginning Of A Teenage Love Affair. by Scofield007(m): 4:30am On Sep 19, 2009
Omo you wan make me fall in love. Men, now i wish i had a girlfriend.
So what happened next?
Re: The Beginning Of A Teenage Love Affair. by Atreus(f): 8:33am On Sep 19, 2009
I'm still working on the next scene, i'll probably post it today or tommorow.
Re: The Beginning Of A Teenage Love Affair. by maedan(f): 3:39pm On Sep 19, 2009
This is true love as teens know it, I can feel and remember the chemistry cheesy - esp Orisha's which is so on point for teen guys - they can be madly in love and madly jealous. Enjoyable reading!
Re: The Beginning Of A Teenage Love Affair. by chiogo(f): 5:18pm On Sep 19, 2009
Wow, this is really good. I can definitely relate.
Nice work, Atreus.

will be back to read more. smiley
Re: The Beginning Of A Teenage Love Affair. by ravenzord(m): 5:53pm On Sep 19, 2009
I like this,I can relate 2 it cos I know lotsa friends who went thru d same scenario. . .but personally,I've never been in love. Big ups Atreus.
Re: The Beginning Of A Teenage Love Affair. by Atreus(f): 8:14pm On Sep 19, 2009
Wow-@errybody,thanks. I've never been a serious writer,and it feels really good to have people read and appreciate my work.
Re: The Beginning Of A Teenage Love Affair. by Atreus(f): 8:55pm On Sep 19, 2009
A few days later,Miriam was knocking on Orisha's door. They were supposed to meet there and then go out on a date. Date. Miriam smiled at the thought of the word. Date. She had a boyfriend,and she was actually going out with him on a date,she thought with a grin. On the third knock,Orisha answered from within the house;"I'm coming!". About half a minute later,he opened the door. "Hey",he said with a broad smile. "Hey",she replied,surprised. He was wearing a white polo and black cargos-and he was carrying a baby. "Come in",he said,and she did. "I know we were supposed to to go out for lunch,but things've changed. I'm stuck babysitting",he said apologetically,gesturing to the baby he was carrying. "We could stay in,watch a movie or something",he said hopefully. "Orisha. . . " "Or we could reschedule if you like",he continued. "We can stay in",she said unenthusiastically. "If you don't wanna babysit with me,i totally understand",he began. "No-it's not that. I like babies. Love them,actually. It's just. . . I was really looking forward to our first date",she said in reply. "So was i. . I'm sorry to disappoint. This just came up. My aunt needed help,so i offered. I'll make it up to you,i promise",he said. "It's okay",she replied. "Thanks",he said,leaning in to kiss her softly on her cheek.
Re: The Beginning Of A Teenage Love Affair. by semid4lyfe(m): 9:08pm On Sep 19, 2009
I like this. It's a twist in the tale - From going out on a date to babysitting.

Nice!
Re: The Beginning Of A Teenage Love Affair. by sino(m): 9:44pm On Sep 19, 2009
Atreus! Type everything once naa lol just kiddn im liking it, im feeling it and im reading it. Ok honestly im surprisd the characters are teenagers haa dont mind me jare i was much into "trying to take over the world" in my teens lol  ride on bro did i mention im also enjoying it. wink
Re: The Beginning Of A Teenage Love Affair. by Atreus(f): 10:48pm On Sep 19, 2009
"So i think it's time we met",she said,talking to the baby. "Mimi,this is my cousin,Bj. Bj,this is my girlfriend,Miriam",he said with a grin. She smiled too-Bj was adorable. "Can i hold him?",she asked. "Sure",he said,handing Bj over to her,and continued;"I've gotta warn you though-He doesn't like strangers". Miriam cooed and made funny faces-at which Bj laughed. "I thinks he likes me",she said with a grin. Bj and Miriam hit it off immediately,Bj was so cute when he laughed(he just had a couple of teeth,and it only made him more adorable),but he was a little mischevious-he'd taken a handful of her hair,pulled it pretty hard and refused to let go. She'd had a hard time loosening his hand from her hair(because he had a pretty strong grip),but eventually she did. She tickled him,made some more funny faces-it was great. "Wow. I've never seen him warm up to anybody so fast",Orisha said a few minutes later,and continued;"You're good with babies". "Thanks. Y'know,if i had a penny for everytime i've babysat,i'd be a millionaire",she replied with a chuckle. "I was about to change his diapers when you came. . ",he said. "Ok",she said and gave Bj back to him. Orisha took Bj to the dining table where all the stuff was,took off his shorts,and started taking off his diaper. "Err. . . Orisha,when you're changing a boy's diapers,you've gotta be . . . " "Extra careful? I know",he finished for her. "Oh. Somebody told you?" "No. Experience is a horrible teacher". "No friggin way!". "Yes way",he replied with a smile. "Oya,start talking",she said.
Re: The Beginning Of A Teenage Love Affair. by semid4lyfe(m): 10:54pm On Sep 19, 2009
Sweet!
Re: The Beginning Of A Teenage Love Affair. by Atreus(f): 11:24pm On Sep 19, 2009
@semid,thanks.
Re: The Beginning Of A Teenage Love Affair. by Atreus(f): 11:43pm On Sep 19, 2009
Back to the story.
"It was with Grant",Orisha said,referring to his younger brother. "I had 11 years on him,so i was very involved in taking care of him. It was a Friday afternoon,i'd just come back from school. My mom was busy in the kitchen,asked me to change him,so i did. There was this cool cartoon that was on;i can't even remember what it was,but i was watching it. I'd changed Grant's diapers so many times i could probably do it with my eyes closed,so i wasn't paying as much attention as i should've been",he said and paused for dramatic effect. "And . . ?",she prompted. "I shall never know. One minute i'm watching my cartoon,the next my face was full of warm urine. It took a few seconds for it to click-Grant had peed on me! So there i was,the stuff was running down my shirt now,and Grant,he started laughing,like he knew what he'd done",continued Orisha,chuckling at the memory. Miriam was laughing too-she could see everything in her mind,and it was hilarious. "What happened next?",she asked,the laugh still in her voice. "I yelled. My mom came running out,took one look and figured out what had happened. I went to my room,showered,changed. There was a bright side to it though. I was off diaper duty for months",he ended. By then he'd finished changing Bj's diapers. "I'll be right back",he said,took Bj and went to dispose of the used diaper. When they returned a few minutes later,Bj was crying.
Re: The Beginning Of A Teenage Love Affair. by Scofield007(m): 12:08am On Sep 20, 2009
I'm smelling you man. Just keep oozing.
Re: The Beginning Of A Teenage Love Affair. by semid4lyfe(m): 12:41am On Sep 20, 2009
Better and better! I like the direction the story has taken.

Just read through and correct the mistakes.
Re: The Beginning Of A Teenage Love Affair. by Atreus(f): 12:12pm On Sep 20, 2009
"What's wrong?",she asked in concern. "He just started crying when we left",he replied. "Is he hungry?" "Nah. I've fed him". "Is there something he wants?" "No. If there was,he'd be yelling. Now he's just crying softly;start and stop,start and stop,like he's confused or something",Orisha said,and then added seconds later when he was sitting with Miriam;"I think he wants to sleep",he said to Miriam,and continued;"That's it,isn't it Bj? You wanna sleep? Ok,nappy time",he cooed to Bj. "Y'know,i've always wondered why babies cry when they want to sleep. Why can't they just close their eyes and get on with it?",she asked. "Beats me",he said with a shrug and then stood up. "I'mma go put him to bed",he said. He then walked to the t.v stand and switched it on. "You can watch t.v. I'll be back as soon as i can",he said and left. Fifteen minutes later,he returned witg a baby monitor and dropped it on the table. Then he sat down next to her. "It took us a while,but r finally got him to sleep. What are you watching",he asked. "Nothing in particular. Just trace",she replied. "You mind?",he asked,gesturing to the remote. "No. Here",she said and gave him the remote. He changed the channel and put it in Movie Magic. A movie was about to start-Disturbia. "Cool. Disturbia! I've been wanting to watch this film for a while now. At first it was because of Shia LeBeouf,but then i saw a trailer and i knew i had to watch it". "I guess you're getting your wish",he said and stood up again. He returned with a 1 litre pack of Hollandia yoghurt-plain-which he knew was her favorite,a glass and a bottle of Smirnoff ice for himself. "Thanks",she said. "You're welcome",he replied. And then they settled in to watch the film. He draped an arm around her and she leaned into him slightly.
Re: The Beginning Of A Teenage Love Affair. by Atreus(f): 12:33pm On Sep 20, 2009
About two and a half hours later,the movie ended. "Some movie",she sahd. It was a suspense-filled thriller,and she'd enjoyed every minute of it-when she wasn't surreptitiously glancing at her boyeridnd. "Yeah. It was",he said in reply. They talked for about half an hour or so,and then she said she had to go. "Awww. . Come on. Can't you stay a little bit longer?",he asked with a mock pout. "I'd love to,but i've been here for 3 hours,Orisha. There's some stuff i've gotta do at home". "Alright. Hey,remember how i said i'm make it up to you-having to cancel today's date?" "Yeah . . ?" "I just thought of something. I'm gonna give you a first date to remember",he said. "Really?" "Yeah. We'lk go out for dinner. I'll take you to this really nice restaurant-Chez Rouge". "Chez Rouge? Sounds classy",she said. "Yeah. The dress code's pretty formal-suit and tie,evening gown". "It also sounds expensive",she added. "It is. . But",he hurried to add before she made any objections;"My aunt,Bj's mom? She manages the place,so i'll get a discount". "Oh",she said and continued;"Well,in that case. . . " "We're on. Friday night?" "Sounds great. All i have to do is get another extension of my curfew,and then we're home free". She stood up and went to the door,and he followed. "I'd love to escort you. . . " "But you've gotta keep an eye,or more appropriately,an ear on Bj?",she said. "Yeah",he said with a smile,grateful she'd understood,and then continued;"There's no reason why i can't do this,though". He leaned in,dipped his head and gave her one helluva kiss. Slightly disoriented,she said when they were done:"I don't think i'll ever get over how amazing that is". He grinned. She opened the door and went out. "Bye",she said. "Bye. See you Friday",he replied.
Re: The Beginning Of A Teenage Love Affair. by MyneWhite1(f): 3:33pm On Sep 20, 2009
Orisha is a nice homebody too, I like that.
Re: The Beginning Of A Teenage Love Affair. by semid4lyfe(m): 4:01pm On Sep 20, 2009
Aaaw! So sweet I've even got butterflies in my stomach.
Re: The Beginning Of A Teenage Love Affair. by phraoh(m): 8:56am On Sep 21, 2009
ohh,y did dis stop,pls atrues,i was jes gettin warmed up,
Re: The Beginning Of A Teenage Love Affair. by Atreus(f): 2:57pm On Sep 21, 2009
@all,thanks! Here comes the next scene.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Tales Of A College Boy / Perfection / Shadow(vengence!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.