Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,586 members, 7,809,122 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:05 AM

17 Struggles You’ll Recognize About Doing The Dishes In A Nigerian Home! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 17 Struggles You’ll Recognize About Doing The Dishes In A Nigerian Home! (3786 Views)

Who Is To Wash The Dishes In This Scenario? / 13 Things You Will Recognize From Falling Sick In A Nigerian Home / 15 Pictures You’ll Recognize If You’ve Ever Stepped Into A Nigerian Kitchen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

17 Struggles You’ll Recognize About Doing The Dishes In A Nigerian Home! by forexbinary: 5:20pm On Jun 29, 2016
Get a seat. Grab your pop corn - let's roll cool

1. When you leave small food in the pot so you don’t have to wash it.

No time, abeg.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 17 Struggles You’ll Recognize About Doing The Dishes In A Nigerian Home! by forexbinary: 5:21pm On Jun 29, 2016
2. When your mum shouts at you for not doing the dishes, and you go to the sink and see:

Are you kidding me?

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 17 Struggles You’ll Recognize About Doing The Dishes In A Nigerian Home! by forexbinary: 5:23pm On Jun 29, 2016
3. When your mother uses all the pots in the kitchen to cook one meal.

It’s because you’re not the one washing, abi?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: 17 Struggles You’ll Recognize About Doing The Dishes In A Nigerian Home! by UndisputedBosom(m): 5:24pm On Jun 29, 2016
Keep 'em cummin
Re: 17 Struggles You’ll Recognize About Doing The Dishes In A Nigerian Home! by forexbinary: 5:24pm On Jun 29, 2016
4. Your parents, when you go to sleep with dishes still in the sink:

You people should chill small na.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 17 Struggles You’ll Recognize About Doing The Dishes In A Nigerian Home! by forexbinary: 5:27pm On Jun 29, 2016
5. When you’re already standing by the sink with a sponge and your mum says “remember to wash those plates.”

Do you think I want to eat the sponge?

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 17 Struggles You’ll Recognize About Doing The Dishes In A Nigerian Home! by forexbinary: 5:30pm On Jun 29, 2016
6. When you’re doing the dishes and your mother starts complaining that you’re wasting water.

Should I use my saliva?

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: 17 Struggles You’ll Recognize About Doing The Dishes In A Nigerian Home! by forexbinary: 5:31pm On Jun 29, 2016
7. The STRUGGLE of washing stew out of this:

The absolute worst.

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 17 Struggles You’ll Recognize About Doing The Dishes In A Nigerian Home! by forexbinary: 5:33pm On Jun 29, 2016
8. You, after washing plates with dried eba stains on them:

The struggle is too real.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: 17 Struggles You’ll Recognize About Doing The Dishes In A Nigerian Home! by forexbinary: 5:35pm On Jun 29, 2016
Lalasticlala please help my ministry nah cry

Let's move it to the promise land wink
Re: 17 Struggles You’ll Recognize About Doing The Dishes In A Nigerian Home! by youngaz(m): 5:35pm On Jun 29, 2016
Op ayam rolling on d floor laffing ooocheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesy .......i swear from numba 1 to 5 is absolutely CORRECT!!!!

1 Like

Re: 17 Struggles You’ll Recognize About Doing The Dishes In A Nigerian Home! by forexbinary: 5:37pm On Jun 29, 2016
9. How the sink looks when you’re not around:

Be waiting for me oh! Una hear?

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 17 Struggles You’ll Recognize About Doing The Dishes In A Nigerian Home! by forexbinary: 5:38pm On Jun 29, 2016
youngaz:
Op ayam rolling on d floor laffing ooocheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesy .......i swear from numba 1 to 5 is absolutely CORRECT!!!!

as in ehh, so on point grin grin grin
Re: 17 Struggles You’ll Recognize About Doing The Dishes In A Nigerian Home! by theodavid: 5:39pm On Jun 29, 2016
Am following
Re: 17 Struggles You’ll Recognize About Doing The Dishes In A Nigerian Home! by forexbinary: 5:39pm On Jun 29, 2016
10. When your parents make you do the dishes at someone else’s house.

So, I’m now house-help for rent?

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 17 Struggles You’ll Recognize About Doing The Dishes In A Nigerian Home! by forexbinary: 5:44pm On Jun 29, 2016
11. When you tell your mother that dish-washing liquid has finished and she just pours water inside.

I should now use water and wash water abi?

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: 17 Struggles You’ll Recognize About Doing The Dishes In A Nigerian Home! by youngaz(m): 5:45pm On Jun 29, 2016
forexbinary:
10. When your parents make you do the dishes at someone else’s house.

So, I’m now house-help for rent?
dis one ehn! If d wife of d man we went to visit wants 2 wash it herself dad/mum will say "c'mon go and wash dose plates dnt b naughty......mummy leave it 4 d boi he's comin to wash dem"gringringrin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 17 Struggles You’ll Recognize About Doing The Dishes In A Nigerian Home! by forexbinary: 5:46pm On Jun 29, 2016
12. When you break a plate while doing the dishes.

It’s all over.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 17 Struggles You’ll Recognize About Doing The Dishes In A Nigerian Home! by forexbinary: 5:49pm On Jun 29, 2016
13. When you’re almost done and someone drops another plate in the sink

This thing you are doing, is it good?

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 17 Struggles You’ll Recognize About Doing The Dishes In A Nigerian Home! by forexbinary: 5:51pm On Jun 29, 2016
14. When your mother is doing the dishes and you try to add your own.

Sorry ma.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 17 Struggles You’ll Recognize About Doing The Dishes In A Nigerian Home! by forexbinary: 5:55pm On Jun 29, 2016
15. You, acting like you didn’t see that dirty pot on the cooker.

I’ve tried, abeg.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: 17 Struggles You’ll Recognize About Doing The Dishes In A Nigerian Home! by forexbinary: 5:56pm On Jun 29, 2016
16. Mother: “Why didn’t you wash the pot?”

The ultimate excuse.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 17 Struggles You’ll Recognize About Doing The Dishes In A Nigerian Home! by youngaz(m): 5:57pm On Jun 29, 2016
OP u no wat?? Ave seen a countless "10 tins,13 tins,17 tins" here on Nairaland bt i tell u......diz iz d most hillarious and @ d same tym......so on point coz @ least 90% of dose tins happened 2 dose dat washed plates.....lyk mecheesycheesycheesycheesy
where goodness sake is Lala......*snake!!!*

3 Likes

Re: 17 Struggles You’ll Recognize About Doing The Dishes In A Nigerian Home! by forexbinary: 5:58pm On Jun 29, 2016
17. When you finish and your mother comes to complain that you didn’t dry the sink well.

Hay God! Nawao undecided

Source = http://zikoko.com/list/doing-dishes-nigerian-home/

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 17 Struggles You’ll Recognize About Doing The Dishes In A Nigerian Home! by forexbinary: 6:00pm On Jun 29, 2016
I drop my pen here...

Add yours cheesy

Mods please frontpage, make Nigerians laf smor, things no easy.

2 Likes

Re: 17 Struggles You’ll Recognize About Doing The Dishes In A Nigerian Home! by forexbinary: 6:27pm On Jun 29, 2016
youngaz:
OP u no wat?? Ave seen a countless "10 tins,13 tins,17 tins" here on Nairaland bt i tell u......diz iz d most hillarious and @ d same tym......so on point coz @ least 90% of dose tins happened 2 dose dat washed plates.....lyk mecheesycheesycheesycheesy
where goodness sake is Lala......*snake!!!*

cheesy cheesy
Thank you sir.

Lalasticlala oya come nah wink
Re: 17 Struggles You’ll Recognize About Doing The Dishes In A Nigerian Home! by forexbinary: 7:03pm On Jun 29, 2016
forexbinary:
16. Mother: “Why didn’t you wash the pot?”

The ultimate excuse.

grin I was always guilty of this

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 17 Struggles You’ll Recognize About Doing The Dishes In A Nigerian Home! by adexlamex(m): 7:12pm On Jun 29, 2016
that no 7 8 And 16 worst pass you get me for real
Re: 17 Struggles You’ll Recognize About Doing The Dishes In A Nigerian Home! by nadalion: 7:15pm On Jun 29, 2016
forexbinary:
Get a seat. Grab your pop corn - let's roll cool

1. When you leave small food in the pot so you don’t have to wash it.

No time, abeg.
I can't fight how many of my friends that does this hahahaha

2 Likes

Re: 17 Struggles You’ll Recognize About Doing The Dishes In A Nigerian Home! by Nobody: 7:59pm On Jun 29, 2016
grin grin grin

These picture story threads are really funny and so true most of the time.

cheesy
Re: 17 Struggles You’ll Recognize About Doing The Dishes In A Nigerian Home! by mysticgal(f): 8:07pm On Jun 29, 2016
You make my day.
Lemme add my own

1 Like

Re: 17 Struggles You’ll Recognize About Doing The Dishes In A Nigerian Home! by mysticgal(f): 8:11pm On Jun 29, 2016
Just when you are settling down to watch paloma and Diego and your mum screams your name to wash daddy's plate so she can serve him
Is this woman sent

6 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Should I Ask My Wife More Questions On The Paternity Of Our Kid?.please Advise. / My Wife Is Dirty, Man Tells Court / A Family Routine That Really Caught My Intrest.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.