Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,854 members, 7,802,738 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:25 PM

. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / . (867 Views)

Sorrow As Gallant Mopol Who Survived Many Battles, Dies Suddenly. Photos / Stammering/stuttering In A 4yr Old, How Do I Help My Child?. / Stammering (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by AwesomeDuru(m): 7:20pm On Jun 29, 2016
Re: . by visijo(m): 7:35pm On Jun 29, 2016
i am a stammerer as well, but i think the cause of it is fear, because i can stammer if i am talking with a stranger or an older person, but if it is my age group. I can speak freely...
Re: . by Nobody: 9:29pm On Jun 29, 2016
Okay I got this....op, I just hope you get it because I would explain like am telling it to a 5 years old.

This is how the brain functions, the left part of the brain controls the right part of the body and right brain controls the left part of the body.

Now by default setting, you ought to use the right hand for writing but some people from birth chooses to use left. The left hand isn't bad for usage, it's just that the world approves of the right hand. Most times, parents don't know their child is used to the left until they start school and begin using it in school to write. Then, the teacher, parents and relations starts correcting the child in process damaging the programmed brain. How?

For instance, if a child is left handed, it means, he uses the right part of the brain and trying to get him used to the right hand would entail some rewiring and adjustment of the brain parts and when that occurs, it disturbs the part for speech like it twitches when they try to talk.

Some times, some people outgrow stuttering/stammering, other time, it remains forever but for some people, you wouldn't even notice till they get really angry and furious.

Warning- Never change you child/ren hand usage.
Re: . by Lucky4real28(m): 2:42am On Jun 30, 2016
Fear and anger..people who stammer battles with anger issues, when you keep that in check, you won't.
Fear as well, when your been yelled at when your 0-4 it'slikely gonna cause shock which makes it difficult to explain things..aND as the 2nd poster atop me said it get used to you.
People who stammer don't do that when they sing..
Oh..and I think it's kinda hereditary. ( I stand to be corrected ).

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 6:58am On Jun 30, 2016
Lucky4real28:
Fear and anger..people who stammer battles with anger issues, when you keep that in check, you won't.
Fear as well, when your been yelled at when your 0-4 it'slikely gonna cause shock which makes it difficult to explain things..aND as the 2nd poster atop me said it get used to you.
People who stammer don't do that when they sing..
Oh..and I think it's kinda hereditary. ( I stand to be corrected ).
Very correct bro, That shock/fear experience is another factor. Salute bro

1 Like

Re: . by AwesomeDuru(m): 7:15am On Jun 30, 2016
aaronson:
Okay I got this....op, I just hope you get it because I would explain like am telling it to a 5 years old.

This is how the brain functions, the left part of the brain controls the right part of the body and right brain controls the left part of the body.

Now by default setting, you ought to use the right hand for writing but some people from birth chooses to use left. The left hand isn't bad for usage, it's just that the world approves of the right hand. Most times, parents don't know their child is used to the left until they start school and begin using it in school to write. Then, the teacher, parents and relations starts correcting the child in process damaging the programmed brain. How?

For instance, if a child is left handed, it means, he uses the right part of the brain and trying to get him used to the right hand would entail some rewiring and adjustment of the brain parts and when that occurs, it disturbs the part for speech like it twitches when they try to talk.

Some times, some people outgrow stuttering/stammering, other time, it remains forever but for some people, you wouldn't even notice till they get really angry and furious.

Warning- Never change you child/ren hand usage.
Hmm. Thanks for this detailed explanation.
Explorers
Twaci
Cutehector
Berlyn

2 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 8:15am On Jun 30, 2016
some were actually born that way.. and I think its hereditary kind of..

(1) (Reply)

Unfortunate News! Cancer Patient Mayowa Ahmed Has Passed On / Bad Habits That Can Hurt Your Brain / Help! My Only Kid Sister Is Epileptic #sobbing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.