Stats: 3,149,973 members, 7,806,831 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:51 AM

Elechi Amadi Is Dead - Literature (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Elechi Amadi Is Dead (49112 Views)

Elechi Amadi And His Wife, Priye Iyalla-Amadi In Nairobi, Kenya / Literary Icon And Author Of 'the Concubine' Elechi Amadi, Dies At 82 / Foremost Writer Elechi Amadi Dies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Elechi Amadi Is Dead by Aristotle96(m): 5:04pm On Jun 30, 2016
Wenebadu:
oyoyo......you are from which LGA
phalga LGA... Truely i got some ikwerre friends on NL o... How sweet cheesy

Re: Elechi Amadi Is Dead by Aristotle96(m): 5:06pm On Jun 30, 2016
canDy4eva:
oyoyo... grin
lol ka bu eli... Ahgba bersor pah cheesy smiley wink
Re: Elechi Amadi Is Dead by canDy4eva(f): 8:13pm On Jun 30, 2016
Aristotle96:
makakini kwanu? I bu indi nweli... grin

Re: Elechi Amadi Is Dead by TheSpellChecker: 9:06pm On Jun 30, 2016
AccessME:
ur username really depicts ur comment.. no body is above mistake

Don't worry. It's allowed.

And you're right.

Nobody is above (repeating his) mistakes. grin
Re: Elechi Amadi Is Dead by Wenebadu(f): 10:15pm On Jun 30, 2016
Aristotle96:
phalga LGA... Truely i got some ikwerre friends on NL o... How sweet cheesy
lols

Re: Elechi Amadi Is Dead by Wenebadu(f): 10:18pm On Jun 30, 2016
Aristotle96:
owey wey su wenem

Re: Elechi Amadi Is Dead by IceMan85(m): 10:22pm On Jun 30, 2016
Ariani:

Nnaa, stop disgracing Ndiigbo. The young Elechi that wrote "the Concubine" was an Igbo man, but the old Relechi Ramadi that just died, was not an Igbo man. He was a rabid Igbophobic Ikwerre man who abhored Igbo tag with every cell in his body.

He was behind the campaign to separate Ikwerre as a distinct entity from Ndiigbo after the war, he planted the seed of Igbophobia in the hearts of most Ikwerre youths, and he went on to fabricate and doctor the Bini origin history of Ikwerre, which he shamelessly promoted until the day he died.

No well informed Igbo man would want Ndiigbo to be associated with anything that has to with Relechi Ramadi.

My brother I love what you said here. In his memo about Biafra war, he showcased his hatred towards Igbo and even fought against Biafra.

I wonder how some people will just want to claim an identity that is not theirs.
Re: Elechi Amadi Is Dead by TalkHoha: 5:43pm On Jul 08, 2016
I read Amadi's wartime memoirs, 'Sunset in Biafra.' He told of his many sufferings for alleged disloyalty to Biafra. Nobody could be happy at having suffered such misery - detention, harassment, even being stripped naked publicly. He was a fine writer and had the reputation of being a principled, disciplined man. I salute his memory.
Re: Elechi Amadi Is Dead by litetias(m): 3:27pm On Jul 09, 2016
refiner:

lol...u must have forgotten the story!

it was an arrow that killed ekwueme,when ihuoma eldest son was chasing after lizard,and he mistakenly shot the arrow at at him...

ekwueme died by 12:00 in the midnight...

tho it's been years I read this novel but I can still remember it very very well!smiley

I remember now.

The novel I was actually referring to is "THE RIVALS" by Isidore Okpewho

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Wole Soyinka As A Student At University Of Ibadan In 1952 (Throwback Photo) / Love and Diamonds / Onyeka Nwelue: "A Lady Asked For Sex Before She Could Give Me Loan"