Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,841 members, 7,802,693 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:03 PM

Your Favourite Bible Verse - Religion (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Your Favourite Bible Verse (17664 Views)

What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse And Why? / What Is Your Favourite Bible Verse. / What's Your Favourite Bible Scripture Verse? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by pureminded: 9:47am On Mar 25, 2009
John 3:16

For God so love the world that he gave his only begotten son , for who so'ever believeth in him will not perish but have everlasting life (Amen)

Cheers
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by Pepeye(f): 11:00am On Mar 25, 2009
PSALM 91-1
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty

PSALM 91-2
I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress; my God; in Him will I trust
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by Pepeye(f): 8:41pm On Mar 25, 2009
1JOHN 5-11
And this is the record that God hath given to us Eternal life and THIS LIFE is in HIS Son.

1 JOHN 5-12
He that hath the Son hath Life; and he that not the Son of God hath not life
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by tybanky(f): 3:29pm On Mar 26, 2009
I will cause you to walk in the straight way,
I will open to you the gates of righteousness,
For whoever finds Me, finds life
- Psalm 118:19; Proverbs. 8: 35-6
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by Pepeye(f): 7:50pm On Mar 26, 2009
JOHN 1-13

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2 The same was in the beginning with God.
3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.
6 There was a man sent from God, whose name was John.
7 The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe.
8 He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light.
9 That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.
10 He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.
11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not.
12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by Pepeye(f): 7:47pm On Mar 27, 2009
Philippians 2-13
For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by Pepeye(f): 6:42am On Mar 28, 2009
Romans 1-16
For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by robosky02(m): 2:06pm On Mar 28, 2009
naa, in all this things we are more than conquorers rom 8;23
thou will keep him in perfect peace him whose mind is stayed on thee. isaiah 26;3
there shall no man that shall be able to stand b4 u as i was with moses so will i be with thee.josh 1 ;5

you know what they are still my best years on grin
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by Pepeye(f): 7:10pm On Mar 28, 2009
Ecclesiastes 11-3

If the clouds be full of rain, they empty themselves upon the earth:

and if the tree fall toward the south, or toward the north

in the place where the tree falleth, there it shall be.
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by Pepeye(f): 3:48pm On Mar 29, 2009
Give and it shall be given to you full measure, pressed down, shaken together, running over shall men give into MY BOSSOM - Luke 6:38
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by Pepeye(f): 8:28pm On Mar 30, 2009
Romans 8- 11
But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by Pepeye(f): 2:55pm On Mar 31, 2009
Philippians 4-8
Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. kiss kiss kiss
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by tnk24: 9:25pm On Apr 01, 2009
But thou hast exalted my horn like that of the wild ox,
thou hast poured over me fresh oil.

Psalm 92:10
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by tnk24: 9:32pm On Apr 01, 2009
Behold, the LORD your God has set the land before you,
go up, take possession, as the LORD, the God of your fathers,
has told you, do not fear or be dismayed.

Deuteronomy 1:21
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by Pepeye(f): 9:59pm On Apr 01, 2009
Psalms 23-1-6

1 The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.
3 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by Pepeye(f): 10:38am On Apr 02, 2009
Ephesians 1-3
Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by abuja4real: 11:09am On Apr 02, 2009
“I being in the way , the Lord led me”. (Genesis 24:27)
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by Pepeye(f): 9:59pm On Apr 02, 2009
Acts 20-32

And now, brethren, I commend you to God, and to the word of his grace, which is able to build you up, and to give you an inheritance among all them which are sanctified.
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by abuja4real: 10:22am On Apr 03, 2009
, being delivered from the hands of our enemies we might serve him without fear
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by Pepeye(f): 5:24pm On Apr 03, 2009
Philippians 2-9
Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by Pepeye(f): 7:39am On Apr 04, 2009
2CORINTHIANS 5-17
Therefore if any man Be In Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold All Things Are Become New
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by Pepeye(f): 8:32pm On Apr 05, 2009
Philippians 4-13
Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by TOYOSI20(f): 2:17am On Apr 06, 2009
Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
- Philippians 4: 4-7
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by Pepeye(f): 8:31pm On Apr 06, 2009
GALATIANS 2-20
I am crucified with Christ; nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh, I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by dumie(f): 9:02pm On May 17, 2009
Romans 8-14
For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by adaphik(f): 6:39am On Mar 31, 2010
ISAIAH 40:31, EXODUS 14:13-14
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by karo93: 7:59am On Mar 31, 2010
col.1.27

"christ in you,your hope of glory"
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by MyJoe: 10:27am On Mar 31, 2010
John 1:47 (KJV)

47Jesus saw Nathanael coming to him, and saith of him, Behold an Israelite indeed, in whom is no guile!

Have always wondered what kind of man Nathanael must've been.
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by nuclearboy(m): 4:04pm On Apr 01, 2010
Eccl 8:4 (KJV)

Where the Word of a King is, there is power, and who can say unto Him, "what doest thou?
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by tayore: 5:01pm On Apr 01, 2010
Isaiah 54:4-6
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by Nobody: 9:34pm On Apr 01, 2010
Nice!
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by tayore: 1:14pm On Apr 06, 2010
AIRDIG, there definetly no BIBLE verse like 'nice!'.

Just wondering what you mean,

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Share Your Prayer Request, Nairaland Pastors Will Pray For You / Miracles That Nigerian Pastors Can't Do / No Priest Will Work For The Government In My Diocese - Catholic Bishop Abakaliki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.