Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,391 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:23 AM

My Multi Mode Gear Does Not Engage.please Advise - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Multi Mode Gear Does Not Engage.please Advise (2081 Views)

Zimbabwe Man Beats Tesla, Invents Electric Car That Does Not Require Charging / Installing Speed Limiters In Vehicles Does Not Make Common Sense / Please Advise, Drivers Licence Not Ready Since February (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Multi Mode Gear Does Not Engage.please Advise by excelspirit: 11:15pm On Jun 29, 2016
I use a Toyota Corrolla Verso.It has a mullti mode transmission_both manual and automatic.Hence it has a clutch which sometimes get hot,makes the gear automatically enters Neutral and stop.According to the manual,if allowed to cool after 15minutes it will be fine.
That has happened many times and it will resume work.However, this time the gear enters Neutral every 3minutes making it difficult to drive.

Expert, please advise. what could be wrong? If you know a qualified hand who had dealt with a similar situation, kindly share the contact too

Re: My Multi Mode Gear Does Not Engage.please Advise by excelspirit: 6:09am On Jun 30, 2016
Good morning folks...still awaiting your response.Thanks
Re: My Multi Mode Gear Does Not Engage.please Advise by mayor2013: 6:33am On Jun 30, 2016
If in lagos call multi autolab on 08165520837 or 08156087872
Re: My Multi Mode Gear Does Not Engage.please Advise by ZIMDRILL(m): 7:06am On Jun 30, 2016
excelspirit:
I use a Toyota Corrolla Verso.It has a mullti mode transmission_both manual and automatic.Hence it has a clutch which sometimes get hot,makes the gear automatically enters Neutral and stop.According to the manual,if allowed to cool after 15minutes it will be fine.
That has happened many times and it will resume work.However, this time the gear enters Neutral every 3minutes making it difficult to drive.

Expert, please advise. what could be wrong? If you know a qualified hand who had dealt with a similar situation, kindly share the contact too

its a common thing in car with such gearbox this is based on two models of car that we once worked on a vauxhall zafira and honda civic

the best thing get the car scanned and see what transmission come up

http://www.ecutesting.com/toyota.html
Re: My Multi Mode Gear Does Not Engage.please Advise by excelspirit: 11:04pm On Jun 30, 2016
Thanks Zimdrill.
I tried scanning but no details was given about the transmission, only Check Engine indicator reason showed.If you can deal with this situation or know someone who had done a similar work, please share your contact

Thanks
Re: My Multi Mode Gear Does Not Engage.please Advise by lonelydora: 2:02am On Jul 01, 2016
excelspirit:
Thanks Zimdrill.
I tried scanning but no details was given about the transmission, only Check Engine indicator reason showed.If you can deal with this situation or know someone who had done a similar work, please share your contact

Thanks

Use a higher scanner. I believe it will throw up a code.
Re: My Multi Mode Gear Does Not Engage.please Advise by ZIMDRILL(m): 3:55am On Jul 01, 2016
excelspirit:
Thanks Zimdrill.

Thanks

a basic scan tool would not be able to scan transmission

like some said scan it with a higher end scan not those cheap scans
Re: My Multi Mode Gear Does Not Engage.please Advise by Nobody: 8:14am On Jul 01, 2016
Sounds like a bad gear shift actuator. I would scan it for DTC's. I would also try initialisation BEFORE replacing any parts.
Re: My Multi Mode Gear Does Not Engage.please Advise by excelspirit: 9:57am On Jul 06, 2016
Thanks everyone.I appreciate your contribution.

At this point I am thinking of changing the transmission to the common auto transmision.I think thre manual mode with inbuilt clutch made the transmission more liable to damage.What do you suggest.Is there any bad consequence of doing this?
Re: My Multi Mode Gear Does Not Engage.please Advise by Kashif(m): 10:11am On Jul 06, 2016
excelspirit:

At this point I am thinking of changing the transmission to the common auto transmision.I think thre manual mode with inbuilt clutch made the transmission more liable to damage.What do you suggest.Is there any bad consequence of doing this?

Did you scan the TCM and no code showed up? You need a good bidirectional scanner. Are you in Lagos?
Re: My Multi Mode Gear Does Not Engage.please Advise by Nobody: 5:00pm On Jul 06, 2016
excelspirit:

Dude, do you intend to make yourself ill, broke, or increase your blood pressure, to stroke-inducing levels?

Why do you see every fault as calling for a "conversion"?
Re: My Multi Mode Gear Does Not Engage.please Advise by mayor2013: 7:04pm On Jul 06, 2016
excelspirit:

If you have money to throw around. We got quite some few engineers you can share this money equally with right here. I see another bag of money going down the drain on this cry

(1) (Reply)

I Need Help With My BMW X6 Twin Turbo. / Foreign Used Toyota Venza 2009 Model AWD VTT - 1 For Sale / 2019 Cost Of Clearing Cars From Nigeria Port (customs) TINCAN, Lagos!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.