Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,472 members, 7,781,371 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:21 PM

1984 Photo Of Buhari About Bread Surfaces Online - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 1984 Photo Of Buhari About Bread Surfaces Online (57591 Views)

Full Text Of Tinubu's Letter To Buhari About Oyegun/APC Crisis Emerges / Photo Of Wike's "Special" Handshake Surfaces After Accusing Amaechi Of Cultism / Business Card With The Title "Governor's Friend" Surfaces Online (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 1984 Photo Of Buhari About Bread Surfaces Online by anonimi: 9:26am On Jun 30, 2016
passionate88:
you follow vote for the man?

I guess he wishes he can ask for a REFUND of his vote. Lol. grin

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3234361_fbimg1450823846843_jpegccc7ea9d509141b638a64535ab185d08

3 Likes

Re: 1984 Photo Of Buhari About Bread Surfaces Online by ultra100(f): 9:26am On Jun 30, 2016
May God help us all in dis con3
Re: 1984 Photo Of Buhari About Bread Surfaces Online by Nobody: 9:26am On Jun 30, 2016
WhiskeyTangoFox:

See as u just go cast urself say u no follow get sense, SMH. Zombie as a profession and passion smiley
..... wailer speaking out of point. you will soon die of wailing and hatred. I don't talk to swine FYI.
Re: 1984 Photo Of Buhari About Bread Surfaces Online by Sunnynwa: 9:27am On Jun 30, 2016
Sweetlemon:

You people are NOT ok at all. Ok let's use your logic of increase in bread price. According to the Picture Buhari left it at 70k right?
So how come it increased to N220? Who has been increasing it all this while?

Bottom line, bread is one particular commodity that has NEVER been stagnant for as long as I can remember in Nigeria.
I remember quite well that bread was N150 just about 5 years ago. Wait a minute, who was in power then when it increased to N220?

You see how you keep making a mess of yourself? According to you, the price of bread increasing from N150 to N220 over a period of 5 years is commensurate with a price increase of same commodity from 10 Kobo to 70 Kobo over a period less than 2 years.

Now, let's do the maths.

A.) 10k to 70k price increase
= an increment of 70k - 10k = 60k.
Therefore, percentage price increase = 60k/10k × 100% = 600% implying that under Buhari, the price of a loaf of bread increased by 600% in less than 2 years.

B.) N150 to N220 price increase
= an increment of N220 -N150 = N70
Therefore, the percentage price increase = N70/N150 × 100% = 46.67% implying that for the past 5 years, the price of bread has increased by only 46.67%.

I can assure you that most of the increase within the last 5 years happened in the last one year under Buhari.

How can any sane person compare the two scenarios above? I am tempted to think that most Buhari supporters have the same brain capacity like him.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 1984 Photo Of Buhari About Bread Surfaces Online by BuddhaPalm(m): 9:29am On Jun 30, 2016
jlinkd78:
Thank God for record keeping. He promised to reduce bread back then below N10 but it went up to N70. A cursory look shows d man's economic policies have always been anti-people.

Kobo man...

I don't think he's anti-people per se, just not very knowledgeable.
Re: 1984 Photo Of Buhari About Bread Surfaces Online by Diligence: 9:29am On Jun 30, 2016
Zombies: check out their characteristics and do the needful

Z: Zealous without reasoning (passion of the fools)
O: Otiose (serving no practical purpose; not required)
M: Mentally deranged (unbalanced)
B: Bigotry (Prejudice, Intolerance)
I: Inauspicious and Incompetent (ill-omened; not favourable, unlucky and inept, useless, hopeless)
E: Endless Excuses for non-performance
S: Satanic (Evil, blood-sucking/letting)

Beware of ZOMBIES!

So if it took the other party 16 years for whatever
And this party has just spent 1 year and things are like the way they are and sans any economic focus/direction/blueprint, but just chasing shadows while the roof is on fire!

You don't need any prophet to tell you that it is indeed time to change this change!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 1984 Photo Of Buhari About Bread Surfaces Online by Nobody: 9:29am On Jun 30, 2016
SirJeffry:
If I, a toddler in 1984 who only grew to read about the hardship at the time didn't vote Buhari in 2015, then all those who did witness the situation and yet voted him in are incurable f00LS.

Just negodu headline back then, yet people like Elrufai and Amaechi kept campaigning for him. God will punish all of them.angry

Amen

4 Likes

Re: 1984 Photo Of Buhari About Bread Surfaces Online by tetema: 9:30am On Jun 30, 2016
People don't understand this formula, in life u can't give what u don't have, bubu is vry bad in terms of economic management, history have it, bubu have never increased well-being of the country during his reign, people expect him to do it now at 70s, all u'll get is BuBu

6 Likes

Re: 1984 Photo Of Buhari About Bread Surfaces Online by ghostmist: 9:31am On Jun 30, 2016
Sweetlemon:

You people are NOT ok at all. Ok let's use your logic of increase in bread price. According to the Picture Buhari left it at 70k right?

Bottom line, bread is one particular commodity that has NEVER been stagnant for as long as I can remember in Nigeria.
I remember quite well that bread was N150 just about 5 years ago. Wait a minute, who was in power then when it increased to N220?
we have no cure yet for this strain of zombiesm...

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 1984 Photo Of Buhari About Bread Surfaces Online by Ojiofor: 9:36am On Jun 30, 2016
naijaking1:
The wonder is how he convinced many people that he is fighting corruption
He barely speak in campaign grounds how could he have convinced anybody ...truth is....Tinubu and his gang of 50 thieves convinced his unsophisticated people to vote in an ancient failure as president of this country.

5 Likes

Re: 1984 Photo Of Buhari About Bread Surfaces Online by Bimpe29: 9:36am On Jun 30, 2016
So history is repeating itself?

3 Likes

Re: 1984 Photo Of Buhari About Bread Surfaces Online by tetema: 9:39am On Jun 30, 2016
The writer was not talking about bread, literature students will knw better, is a capture that can relate with the problem at that time, the writer is only using bread because is what we can easily relate with ...
ghostmist:
we have no cure yet for this strain of zombiesm...
Re: 1984 Photo Of Buhari About Bread Surfaces Online by Nobody: 9:40am On Jun 30, 2016
BUHARI.

Bringing
Untold
Hardship
And
Rotten
Ideas.

I never fell for that change weed.

He came the first time and it was hunger and sufferings.

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 1984 Photo Of Buhari About Bread Surfaces Online by Kobicove(m): 9:40am On Jun 30, 2016
jlinkd78:
Thank God for record keeping. He promised to reduce bread back then below N10 but it went up to N70. A cursory look shows d man's economic policies have always been anti-people. Of course in this case no GEJ to blame. U inherited a govt where bread was N10 and maintaining that same price soon became rocket science. Seven fold increment in price can only come from someone that know nothing about economics. It is now clear DAT PMB was (is) one of those who led us to where we are currently and this saintly attitude when it comes to d trajectory of will economic downturn should stop forthwith.

Not 10 Naira to 70 Naira but 10 kobo to 70 kobo!!!
Re: 1984 Photo Of Buhari About Bread Surfaces Online by mannobeGod: 9:41am On Jun 30, 2016
Sweetlemon:

People making sense you talk rubbish.. wake up boy.

4 Likes

Re: 1984 Photo Of Buhari About Bread Surfaces Online by Perfecttouch(m): 9:42am On Jun 30, 2016
AtlanticBreeze:
Twitter user @dolapoalade found this picture while packing..

https://twitter.com/DolapoAlade/status/747770530724446208
70% of people who voted for Buhari in 2015 have not been given birth to in 1984 hence the massive scam. I regret voting for him sha.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 1984 Photo Of Buhari About Bread Surfaces Online by Pyno30: 9:42am On Jun 30, 2016
Buhari has been since Birth. How do you expect him to change at old age?

1 Like

Re: 1984 Photo Of Buhari About Bread Surfaces Online by Kobicove(m): 9:44am On Jun 30, 2016
PMB's incompetent government has succeeded in reversing all the gains of the immediate past administration! angry

4 Likes

Re: 1984 Photo Of Buhari About Bread Surfaces Online by BlindAngel: 9:45am On Jun 30, 2016
Sweetlemon:

Oga u said 5years ago, that is just + N70, but in buhari's case its + N60 in just 2years. And also if you look at the N70 buhari left its already 32years ago.

1 Like

Re: 1984 Photo Of Buhari About Bread Surfaces Online by Reference(m): 9:45am On Jun 30, 2016
ultra100:
ur house must be so infested with rats for u to still be keeping a news paper of 1984.u better work hard so that u can keep some important valuables in our life.hmm

Better withdraw or modify your statement obviously made out of passion. What is more important than the history of your country and keeping it for yourself and your children as the light into the future. The Library of Congress in the US is filled with such publications detailing people and events of American history. Peoples study these to make informed future decisions. But when your life is all about social media and Telenovelas how won't you be led by the nose to the slaughter. These people, politicians know we dont read, we don't inquire and don't care. They know we are driven only by sentiments and that's why they constantly play the sentimental cards off section, tribe and religion most folks tap into. Continue like this and the Jonathan so hated as a failure and removed today may come back to be elected and to rule your children because this is EXACTLY how it happened in 1984. I cannot see what is more important now than people writing about this government and keeping it in a vault together with all that has happened to Nigeria since independence.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: 1984 Photo Of Buhari About Bread Surfaces Online by AtlanticBreeze: 9:46am On Jun 30, 2016
ultra100:
ur house must be so infested with rats for u to still be keeping a news paper of 1984.u better work hard so that u can keep some important valuables in our life.hmm
you better work hard so you can learn how to discuss the message and not the messenger

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 1984 Photo Of Buhari About Bread Surfaces Online by happney65: 9:46am On Jun 30, 2016
AtlanticBreeze:
a fraud in 1984, still a fraud in 2016, nothing has changed.. buhari is a clear proof that nigerians (who voted buhari) are the only problem with nigeria

omolola15 come and see..we told zoombies like you but you never listened..I said it then over and over again,I would have given him my 100percent support if he had done well as Military President,but our case was like a Man going back to he vomit..I told Nigerians you are jumping from Fry-pan to fire,una no hear..You never see anything..this is just the beginning..

4 Likes

Re: 1984 Photo Of Buhari About Bread Surfaces Online by Larryfest(m): 9:47am On Jun 30, 2016
Mehn.....Naija is in the wrong hands has always been anyway just that this time its looking like we are never coming out of the hole,this CHANGE is very real nothing compared to it.

2 Likes

Re: 1984 Photo Of Buhari About Bread Surfaces Online by dasparrow: 9:49am On Jun 30, 2016
@Post

This is what I call evil re-occurrence. Nigerians just never learn. Many deserve the leaders they get. Na to leave Nigeria again sure pass.

4 Likes

Re: 1984 Photo Of Buhari About Bread Surfaces Online by Abagworo(m): 9:54am On Jun 30, 2016
SirJeffry:
If I, a toddler in 1984 who only grew to read about the hardship at the time didn't vote Buhari in 2015, then all those who did witness the situation and yet voted him in are incurable f00LS.

Just negodu headline back then, yet people like Elrufai and Amaechi kept campaigning for him. God will punish all of them.angry

God created Buhari to end the life of "matrix" in Nigeria. A life of superficial luxury with stinking poverty underneath. If he wasn't ousted back then we would have managed our oil booms of 2006 to 2014 effectively. In 2015 at the time of another oil doom God gaves us Buhari again to complete what he was cut short of in 1985 this time in a democracy. If Buhari succeeds in achieving the will of God our next oil boom will be well managed.
Re: 1984 Photo Of Buhari About Bread Surfaces Online by Brightgem(f): 9:55am On Jun 30, 2016
ultra100:
Hmmm I wonder o. 1984 paper in this era of photoshop, photoediting, Video Editing, we shd just believe one old paper. Buhari has his short comings but in this era where anybody can lie... dnt swallow everytin.
Re: 1984 Photo Of Buhari About Bread Surfaces Online by InfomejobsN: 9:58am On Jun 30, 2016
Bubu

Check My Signature for Daily Job Info
Re: 1984 Photo Of Buhari About Bread Surfaces Online by buksaylor001: 9:59am On Jun 30, 2016
Sweetlemon:

Most of you reason through your anus-why don't you understand the figurative sense in what everybody is posting and you are talking about who was in power when bread was making the increase.Even your Ministers,senators,Governors,everybody knows that things are not the way it's supposed to be due to the incompetence of your principal.If we were in corruption and things were normal,then why are things not normal when we are not in corruption?Simple logic-the man is a psychopathic failure !

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 1984 Photo Of Buhari About Bread Surfaces Online by Nobody: 10:00am On Jun 30, 2016
Sweetlemon:

bubu loyalist.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Dasuki: GEJ Ordered Me To Share N10Billion To PDP Delegates - Saharareporters / Kadaria Ahmed Final Poll Results On INEC Chairman's Resignation / We Won't Issue Certificate Of Return To Rochas Okorocha - INEC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.