Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,980 members, 7,806,865 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:01 AM

FG Seeks Uk’s Help To Seize Amosu, Adigun’s £3.2m London Mansions - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Seeks Uk’s Help To Seize Amosu, Adigun’s £3.2m London Mansions (20664 Views)

Alao-akala, Folarin, Adigun, Arapaja, Officially Join APC / EFCC Seizes Properties From Amosu, Adigun And Gbadebo / Francis Adigun, Soldier Killed During Chibok Girls Rescue(pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Seeks Uk’s Help To Seize Amosu, Adigun’s £3.2m London Mansions by suruvibes: 4:39am On Jun 30, 2016
The Federal Government has commenced moves to seize two mansions allegedly belonging to the immediate past Chief of Air Staff, Air Marshal Adesola Amosu (retd.); and a former Chief of Accounts and Budgeting in the Nigerian Air Force, Air Vice Marshal Jacob Adigun.

The PUNCH on Wednesday learnt that the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission had traced two houses in the highbrow areas of London to Amosu and Adigun.

An impeccable source told our correspondent that Amosu and Adigun, who are due to be arraigned for alleged N21bn fraud, purchased the houses in 2014.

“We identified a detached house at 93b Shirehall Park, London, NW42QU, belonging to Adigun. The house was bought at the cost of £875,000 (N333,375,000) while we traced another house to 50 Tenterden Grove, NW41TH, belonging to Amosu. The house was bought at over £1m (N381m),” the source added.

However, investigations by our correspondent showed that the value of the houses had increased.

Our correspondent, who visited Zoopla.co.uk, which real estate agents use in valuing properties in the UK, showed that both properties were bought in August 2014.

According to the website, the property which Adigun allegedly bought in August 2014 at the cost of £875,000 currently goes for £1,046,000 (N398,526,000).

It adds that Amosu’s property, which it said was purchased in November 2014 at £1,850,000, (and not £1m as claimed by the EFCC) is now worth £2,175,000 (N828, 675, 000).

According to the property website, Amosu’s property has six bedrooms, six bathrooms and two sitting rooms.

A source at the EFCC told our correspondent that the Federal Government, through the Office of the Attorney General of the Federation, would write to the government of the United Kingdom to assist in seizing the properties, which were allegedly bought with Nigerian taxpayers’ money.

He said, “What we are seeking is how to seize the properties through diplomatic means. It is a process known as Mutual Legal Treaty Assistance.”

According to the UK media, a large number of mansions in the country are owned by corrupt Nigerians.

In a May 2016 report entitled ‘Palaces of Corruption’, The UK Daily Mail unveiled the London mansions of deceased former Governor of Bayelsa State, Diepreye Alamieyeseigha; another dead ex-governor, Abubakar Audu of Kogi State, and convicted ex-Governor of Delta State, Mr. James Ibori.

Meanwhile, a Federal High Court in Lagos on Wednesday granted a N500m bail to Amosu and 10 others arraigned by the EFCC over alleged N22.8bn fraud.

Amosu was arraigned by the anti-graft agency alongside Adigun, Air Commodore Olugbenga Gbadebo and eight companies before Justice Mohammed Idris.

The companies are Delfina Oil and Gas Limited, Mcallan Oil and Gas Limited, Hebron Housing and Properties Company Limited and Trapezites BDC Fonds and Pricey Limited.

Others are Deegee Oil and Gas Limited, Timsegg Investment Limited and Solomon Health Care Limited.

They were charged with 26 counts of stealing, concealing the proceeds of crime and conversion of funds belonging to the Nigerian Air Force.

After the charges were read to the defendants, they all pleaded not guilty.

Counsel for the 1st and 11th defendants, Chief Bolaji Ayorinde (SAN), informed the court of his motion for bail and sought the leave of the court to move same, which was granted.

Ayorinde said his client had been cooperating fully with the EFCC since his arrest in January 2016.

The senior advocate added, “He has remitted colossal sums of money to the Federal Government, although not in admittance of guilt, but out of cooperation with security agencies.

“My application is that bail be granted to the 1st defendant on self-recognisance. Let those terms be liberal. He has been reporting to the EFCC, sometimes twice a week. The 1st defendant will make himself available for trial.”

Also, Mr. Norrison Quakers (SAN), leading Mr. Kemi Balogun (SAN) and other lawyers for 2nd, 4th, 6th, 7th and 8th defendants, urged the court to grant their clients bail on liberal terms.

He submitted that his client had been cooperative since his arrest, adding that the accused had health challenge.

“The Commission is aware of it. My humble application is that your Lordship grant bail on liberal terms. Incidentally, the 2nd defendant is on administrative bail by the commission. He will be available for trial”, he submitted.

Counsel for the 3rd, 9th and 10th defendants, Mr. A. Etuokwu, also urged the court for bail.

The prosecuting counsel, Rotimi Oyedepo, did not oppose the bail applications but urged the court to give stringent conditions that would secure the defendants’ attendance in court.

In his ruling, Justice Buba granted them bail to the sum of N500m each.

He remanded the 1st and 3rd defendants in prison while the 2nd defendant was remanded in the EFCC custody pending the fulfilment of the bail conditions.

The judge ruled, “Each defendant is granted bail to the sum of N500m with two sureties with landed properties within the jurisdiction of the court. The sureties shall deposit their title documents to the registrar of the court while the EFCC must verify them.”

He added that the sureties must swear to affidavit of means to be verified by the EFCC while the defendants deposit their passports to the court as well.

He adjourned trial to July 8.

According to the charge, the defendants on or about March 5, 2014, in Lagos, “conspired amongst themselves to commit an offence, to wit: Conversion of the sum of N21.5bn, property of the Nigerian Air Force, which sum was derived from stealing, and thereby committed an offence contrary to Section 18(a) of the Money Laundering (Prohibition) (Amendment) Act, 2012 and punishable under Section 15(3) of the same Act.”

They were also accused of indirectly converting the sum of N3.6bn belonging to the NAF among others.

http://punchng.com/fg-seeks-uks-help-seize-amosu-adiguns-3-2m-london-mansions/

3 Likes

Re: FG Seeks Uk’s Help To Seize Amosu, Adigun’s £3.2m London Mansions by kishimi8(m): 4:45am On Jun 30, 2016
Remitting money not out of guilt but cooperation with authority. Law funny sha. So na dash them de dash government money. Smh for these thieves. Remain the guy with special savings account

13 Likes

Re: FG Seeks Uk’s Help To Seize Amosu, Adigun’s £3.2m London Mansions by faaz24: 4:49am On Jun 30, 2016
1. If Buhari prosecutes an Igbo man for corruption, Igbo people will say he's doing ethnic cleansing.

2. If he prosecutes a fellow Fulani man, they will say it's because the criminal is a PDP member.

3. If he prosecutes a fellow APC member, they will say it's because the criminal is giving Buhari a tough time within the party & they're trying to frustrate the accused out of the party.

4. If he prosecutes someone that doesn't belong to any political party, they will say it's because the criminal is an anti-government critic.

They're yet to say whether the person being prosecuted is guilty of the said crime or not. We're simply comedians! I already said it. Buhari's anti-corruption fight won't be possible inasmuch as we keep politicizing and ethnicizing the whole thing. To discover that the same set of people that want corruption stamped out are the same ones saying all these things breaks one's heart.

When GEJ was president, why didn't he also prosecute all the thieves in the opposition? He was trying to be Mr. Nice? Mr. Nice that landed us in what we are in right now?

Get me right. I want Aregbesola's account frozen like Fayose's. But if I'm to distribute gifts to a group of people whose names are on a list, does it matter whether I start from the top, bottom, or middle? The most important thing is that the name of anybody that gets the gift is on the list, isn't it? Ok. What if the gift finishes before it reaches some people?

Well, in this case, it's not exactly the same. Buhari's gift is enough to go round everybody. So no matter where he starts from on the list, nobody will miss out on the gift. And nobody can dictate to him where he should start from. He made the list, not you or me. He that makes the list reserves the right to start anywhere he wishes. Instead of wasting our energy arguing on where he's starting from, we should ask whether someone who doesn't deserve a gift has gotten one. If that hasn't happened, then what has the noise been all about?

171 Likes 26 Shares

Re: FG Seeks Uk’s Help To Seize Amosu, Adigun’s £3.2m London Mansions by jcross19: 4:49am On Jun 30, 2016
These people are the worst enemies of this nation!!!!!. Give them a lengthy jail term with an heavy punishment then he will be scape goat, then others will be afraid to loot.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Seeks Uk’s Help To Seize Amosu, Adigun’s £3.2m London Mansions by spass101(m): 4:59am On Jun 30, 2016
I hope the UK will help recover some of our stolen money now that they are all busy with Britxit.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG Seeks Uk’s Help To Seize Amosu, Adigun’s £3.2m London Mansions by Nobody: 5:03am On Jun 30, 2016
oo
Re: FG Seeks Uk’s Help To Seize Amosu, Adigun’s £3.2m London Mansions by MidasTouche01(m): 5:17am On Jun 30, 2016
The only thing this government knows how to do is fight one sided corruption war.... sad

VANITY, I think that's the word, if not vanity, why would u keep stockpiling money u know u can't spend after u die and keep buying houses everywhere when u can't sleep in two at the same time.. undecided

Almighty Allah, please protect us from the urge of vanity for worldy things...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Seeks Uk’s Help To Seize Amosu, Adigun’s £3.2m London Mansions by KnowAll(m): 6:21am On Jun 30, 2016
I hope buratai house in dubai would also be recovered ...................oooops lipsrsealed

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Seeks Uk’s Help To Seize Amosu, Adigun’s £3.2m London Mansions by bigboss80s(m): 6:30am On Jun 30, 2016
I will upload pics shortly

2 Likes

Re: FG Seeks Uk’s Help To Seize Amosu, Adigun’s £3.2m London Mansions by AlPeter: 6:50am On Jun 30, 2016
Thieves all o them giv them jail terms their generations can not complete. I don pity them at all the ones I pity are the hungry dudes shouting, rule o law and witchhuntin up and down. did buhari or any other put the stolen money in their accounts? When tinubu and amaechis time comes I pray the government have the courage and tenancity o buhari to jail them too.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Seeks Uk’s Help To Seize Amosu, Adigun’s £3.2m London Mansions by Nobody: 6:54am On Jun 30, 2016
The should start with burutai,he is very close to them in Aso rock

5 Likes

Re: FG Seeks Uk’s Help To Seize Amosu, Adigun’s £3.2m London Mansions by Nobody: 6:56am On Jun 30, 2016
Yeye government,you don need to go far looking for whose mansion to seize just consult burutai.

4 Likes

Re: FG Seeks Uk’s Help To Seize Amosu, Adigun’s £3.2m London Mansions by Nobody: 6:57am On Jun 30, 2016
T
Re: FG Seeks Uk’s Help To Seize Amosu, Adigun’s £3.2m London Mansions by Nobody: 6:57am On Jun 30, 2016
Bubu
Re: FG Seeks Uk’s Help To Seize Amosu, Adigun’s £3.2m London Mansions by dgr8truth(m): 7:14am On Jun 30, 2016
Re: FG Seeks Uk’s Help To Seize Amosu, Adigun’s £3.2m London Mansions by brunofarad(m): 8:10am On Jun 30, 2016
Ok
Re: FG Seeks Uk’s Help To Seize Amosu, Adigun’s £3.2m London Mansions by lonelydora: 8:11am On Jun 30, 2016
I HAVE BEEN AWAY FROM NAIRALAND FOR SOMETIME AND NOBODY IS ASKING WHY? OK NAH......MAKE UNA CONTINUE....
Re: FG Seeks Uk’s Help To Seize Amosu, Adigun’s £3.2m London Mansions by dayoungmoney1: 8:12am On Jun 30, 2016
when will FG do the same for buratai and other APShit politicians?

1 Like

Re: FG Seeks Uk’s Help To Seize Amosu, Adigun’s £3.2m London Mansions by Mopolchi: 8:12am On Jun 30, 2016
Our Yam, Our Yam, UK please help us get back our Yams for us before you leave Europe.

1 Like

Re: FG Seeks Uk’s Help To Seize Amosu, Adigun’s £3.2m London Mansions by izzou(m): 8:12am On Jun 30, 2016
This corruption thing is taking more than neceasary

Let them focus on the sufferings of the masses abeg

Aaaaaaaabbbbbeeeeeggg

Chai

I just feel like crying

E dey pain me

*sobs*

Tinubu Abeggggg

Things are hard abeg

1 Like

Re: FG Seeks Uk’s Help To Seize Amosu, Adigun’s £3.2m London Mansions by justi4jesu(f): 8:13am On Jun 30, 2016
spass101:
I hope the UK will help recover some of our stolen money now that they are all busy with Britxit.

You meant "Brexit" tongue

3 Likes

Re: FG Seeks Uk’s Help To Seize Amosu, Adigun’s £3.2m London Mansions by Pyno30: 8:13am On Jun 30, 2016
When will UK help us to seize that of COAS?
Re: FG Seeks Uk’s Help To Seize Amosu, Adigun’s £3.2m London Mansions by dumodust(m): 8:13am On Jun 30, 2016
Meanwhile buratai's mansions in dubai will not be seized and he will be given an affectionate pat on the back by buhari because he saves well grin

3 Likes

Re: FG Seeks Uk’s Help To Seize Amosu, Adigun’s £3.2m London Mansions by Spells(m): 8:14am On Jun 30, 2016
Seize the house and bring it to daura katsina state.... Nonsense...
Re: FG Seeks Uk’s Help To Seize Amosu, Adigun’s £3.2m London Mansions by eph12(m): 8:14am On Jun 30, 2016
Not seized but sold off so the money can be useful.
Re: FG Seeks Uk’s Help To Seize Amosu, Adigun’s £3.2m London Mansions by apcisevil: 8:14am On Jun 30, 2016
Good people should be wise...the south is being reconquered and recolonised...the yorubas who seemed to be only standing man in south are steadily being tied because for some reason, they have helped pushed themselves in a corner...the south should wise up....this is not politics...most people here commenting as yorubas are truly hausas...the northern sole aim is to divide and destroy the south using the south themselves

3 Likes

Re: FG Seeks Uk’s Help To Seize Amosu, Adigun’s £3.2m London Mansions by ERCROSS(m): 8:14am On Jun 30, 2016
Some mumu youth will come here now to shout bias probing just to ridicule the current Government.
Get this, if buhari probe only PDP members, then if PDP members grab power, let them probe APC members too, (since they are birds of a feather)that way we will gradually get rid of corruption for the fear of being probed and prosecuted....
Afterall , the journey of a thousand mile starts with a step

13 Likes

Re: FG Seeks Uk’s Help To Seize Amosu, Adigun’s £3.2m London Mansions by tonio2wo: 8:14am On Jun 30, 2016
[size=38pt]today is 30th! Is aisha buhari in the USA yet? [/size]

7 Likes

Re: FG Seeks Uk’s Help To Seize Amosu, Adigun’s £3.2m London Mansions by InfomejobsN: 8:14am On Jun 30, 2016

Check My Signature for Daily Job Info
Re: FG Seeks Uk’s Help To Seize Amosu, Adigun’s £3.2m London Mansions by Pyno30: 8:15am On Jun 30, 2016
Mopolchi:
Our Yam, Our Yam, UK please help us get back our Yams for us before you leave Europe.
as if you are still sleeping.
Re: FG Seeks Uk’s Help To Seize Amosu, Adigun’s £3.2m London Mansions by dejavubobo1(m): 8:17am On Jun 30, 2016
No wonder their P.M says we are fantastically Corrupt people..
When some micro scopic few can have so much & the visible many can have so little
Naija I HAIL THEE

1 Like

Re: FG Seeks Uk’s Help To Seize Amosu, Adigun’s £3.2m London Mansions by armadeo(m): 8:18am On Jun 30, 2016
Chai there is God

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ekiti APC Protests Against Fayose's Verbal Attacks On Buhari (Photos) / Stop Okorocha From Rigging Imo Polls Or Imo’ll Boil, Uzodnma Tells Security Agen / NDDC: Buhari Warns Those Running Affairs To Take Caution

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.